Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.  (Read 31173 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yume Nikki (and related fangames) - Social Detatchment, Dreaming, and You.
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »

The ending of a game is usually not the point of it. Yume Nikki is a host of great atmosphere and troubling themes. I can definitely see visual and textual success using it heavily as inspiration.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2013, 05:26:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm optimistic, but it's not a sure 100% thing. And while I got the translation from uboachan it was just after it popped so it was a ton of machine translation. And I'm not really sure either, I guess time zone differential had something to do with it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:07 pm »

The ending of a game is usually not the point of it.

It is sort of the underlying themes. Life Sucks there is no hope, just die.

It is the continuous theme.

The game never betrays my assumption and neither will and adaption or continuation.

The point of the games is unraveling everything to know why everything is the way that it is. It isn't a game where you are meant to change or really do anything.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:27:59 pm by Neonivek »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:58 pm »

I thought the point of the game was exploring weird places. The theme was weird dreams. I didn't really read into it any further until the end.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2013, 11:13:24 pm »

I thought the point of the game was exploring weird places. The theme was weird dreams. I didn't really read into it any further until the end.

Well while I am being intentionally negative, mostly as a way of highlighting the very depressing themes of the game.

The point is mostly to explore the weird places while at the same time trying to discover what it really means.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

More info on it now that I got a buddy to do a translation.

First, the CD is an image CD, which for those not familiar with those sorts of things, are songs sung "in character" think like a musical without the video accompanying it. It's to be done by a fairly well known vocaloid uhhhhh user? Artist? I dunno how professional that software is considered. Name is Machigeriita, may be slightly misspelled. Does really creepy stuff so at the very least that should hit the right notes.

So I suppose like every other thing I chime in on, I am cautiously optimistic on all three. It could bomb, but it could also end up pretty good. Arguably it's not "meant" to be experienced like that, but it could be great supplementary material.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ib has been updated recently. v1.04 - I had v1.02, for reference.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Knowing little more than having read half the first post of this thread I'm downloading this game...
Welp, wish me luck!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Ib has been updated recently. v1.04 - I had v1.02, for reference.
Yup, there are 2 new endings and a new area (supposedly). There's also more art in the old places, if you enjoyed that.
Knowing little more than having read half the first post of this thread I'm downloading this game...
Welp, wish me luck!
Good luck! :D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait new endings to Yumi Nikki? because if that is so my interest is extremely peaked.

I mean don't get me wrong I understand the original Yumi Nikki ending, but it was the kind of ending that made you want another one.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, new endings to Ib. Yume Nikki will never update ever.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yeah, yume nikki is pretty much done. I honestly can't reccomend Yume 2kki and .Flow enough to people that liked yume nikki and wanted more, both have multiple endings. If you're looking for a more lighthearted thing, go with 2kki, if you're looking for wierd bio horror (also mouths) check out .flow. Both are very worthy successors. Some people like Ib, and while I did like it, It's honestly not terribly like yume nikki besides "weird stuff happens". If I ever get around to fiddling with OBS I might try out a video LP of .flow, but that's likely a ways off as I'm not gonna put something half baked out there, and I am a stranger to the world of video recording.

Welp, wish me luck!

Good luck! Don't be shy about posting your experiences with this thing in the thread, people love seeing reactions. 

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ib is a surreal adventure game made in RPG Maker. Not a Yume Nikki fangame in any way, but this is the closest place to discuss it.
The proper site is not accessible for me. Bandwidth exceeded, but I'd like to make sure it's not just something weird on my end.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

It's saying Bandwidth Exceeded for me too, but looks like a problem with vgperson's site and not with us.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

oh wait, vgperson, the guy on youtube translated Ib?

I'll be.

Also yeah bandwith exceeded. Could probably host it for you if you need it asap.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13