Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.  (Read 31165 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't need it, just found it strange. I also have the newest Ib and the means to distribute it, if anyone needs.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Note, Yume 2kki has officially hit v0.100! So they're about done. There's a little moreto be done but we're on the home stretch. Someone on uboachan has talked about an english translation for it when they're done for real, so that should be nice.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

More notices, yumenikki.net has evolved! Into a far more developed and explanatory thing. I'm gonna see if I can't wrangle a couple of pals into translating it for me but given the sheer girth of the website I promise nothing. If anyone else wants to contribute to translating it to find out what the balls is going on please feel free.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang, that's a lot of info. I hope there's some cool stuff, not just news on the progress of those revealed projects.

Translations will probably be hitting places like tumblr by the end of the week.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I dunno how long ago it happened, so it's entirely possible there are a bunch of translations out there on the internet somewhere that I'm missing. :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (and related fangames) - Social Detatchment, Dreaming, and You.
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

The thread arbitrarily shows up again! This time a fella on uboachan has made a pretty impressive thing.

Namely a 3D "demo" of sorts, of the snow world of yume nikki.

He's accepting help from people in the thread here. Namely 3D modellers, although I believe he said it's open source. So if that sounds like something you want to and can help with that's a thing. 3D yume nikki? 3D tour of yume nikki? Both sound kind've interesting honestly. And if he just wants to flesh out snow world that'd be pretty great too.

EDIT: Oh, extra note, you need a browser capable of html5. So if your browser isn't working try kicking it on in an (up to date) IE.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:30:16 pm by Seriyu »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

Apparently it's supposed to have sound. Have you gotten the sound to work in any browser?

In fangame news, Elysium City is a beautiful fangame that is - wait for it - in active development. It has more storyline than exploration, but it's still fun. Pretty short currently, but worth the while. Should be getting a reasonably substantial update soon.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2013, 06:05:46 pm »

Yeah, I got the sound to work. I'm in google chrome if it helps. Was just normal snow world music. Elysium city looks pretty neat! Are there any screenshots floating around? Don't think I saw it on uboachan but I could be wrong.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »

Elysium City thread is right here:
http://uboachan.net/fg/res/3411.html#3411

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2013, 08:13:40 pm »

Double post because I'm asking something and it's been a bit, just how short is this lectorog? I'm interested, but if it's like five rooms or something I'll hold out until it fills out a bit more.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Elysium City Pg. 12) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »

IIRC there are 8-10 grid spaces you can explore of the city itself. Each of these is about 4 times the screen size (2 screens x 2 screens), with a transition between each. There are 4 building places you can explore, each with a couple of rooms. And then the town hall / orphanage has, like, 15 small areas in it. Probably an hour of play if you're new. Especially because it's not just exploration - you're doing things for people and certain things change if you know what I'm saying.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Elysium City Pg. 12) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmm I'll probably hold off for now then. But I'll definitely be watching development!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Elysium City beta Pg. 12) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2013, 04:57:07 am »

So I lied and I totally just played it. Aside from the roadbump in actually starting the plot it's not bad! There's not a lot of.... stuff. But it's a beta, so I can respect that. Overall I'd say anyone looking into playing it, maybe wait. As of now it barely took me 20-30 minutes to finish it which really isn't a lot of game, it's honestly short enough that I'm having a hard time describing it without revealing like a third of the game.

The fact that I enjoyed such a short minor thing though says things! Not quite as surreal as traditional yume nikki fangames, not even as surreal as, say, Ib, but much more plot. Not so much speculation on things if you're into that part of the games. Still a fairly creepy thing or two to be found however.

EDIT: In fact I'd go so far as to say it doesn't count as a yume nikki fangame persay, but it clearly had it's inspirations from it and frankly it still involves wandering around a bizzare enviroment looking for things so I'm pretty much okay with any discussion happening here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:51:19 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Elysium City beta Pg. 12) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »

More update, ME has updated and is apparently being rebuilt with new graphics from the bottom up! That's pretty rad. Also including new areas. Maybe it's just new areas. I'm not sure, I wasn't patient enough to read through the entire uboachan thread. THe point is ME is doing new stuff and it's a pretty good fangame!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13