Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.  (Read 31169 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Yume Nikki (and related fangames) - Social Detatchment, Dreaming, and You.
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:32 am »

Man, Me is pretty seriously disturbing. As one poster on Uboachan put it, "SHIT TYRONE WHAT'S GOING ON".

dayummmm
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2012, 09:46:29 pm »

Yeah. I found an area referred to as The Edge. There's a note there, and it's simultaneously near-unintelligible and quite unsettling. The themes in this game are well-defined, but I don't know what they are.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

Oooh, haven't been there. (I don't think anyway, I never saw anything that mentioned "the edge") I know I've seen a lot of plot being spoken of but it's all fairly simple and not really explaining much besides oooone thing. There's definitely a base to a plot, but how much there is to be extrapolated remains to be seen. Strikes me as kind've like .flow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:17:44 am by Seriyu »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2012, 04:26:02 pm »

I found a note about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nothing in the game has confused me as much as that. I hope I find further information on that later.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:24 pm »

Oooh, I have been there, I knew it as "The building of truth". I don't think the game actually names it at any point however, as is tradition. It's definitely a big part of the plot though.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

That was the only thing of note in the building, IIRC. Maybe an orb.
The Edge is Crayon -> Blue Sign -> Pink Hand -> Striped Pole, I think. There's an orb linked from there as well.
I found the red area with the things with the eyes and creepy things rushing you. The one that made me reevaluate my praise of Amnesia's atmosphere. That's a good area.
(Hoping my incredibly vague descriptions aren't spoiling anything for anyone.)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2012, 02:06:58 am »

Yeah, you're fine.  :P

Headed there, never saw any (unique looking at least, there are a ton of striped poles) there, so I maaaay not have been there. I know there's another note that says what you mentioned in the spoiler earlier at least. I'll have to keep an eye out. Innnnteresting.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have been there, didn't know that was the edge. Never saw that note, I'll have to look around for it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:45:46 am by Seriyu »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2012, 03:16:57 am »

So Seriyu had never seen the Goat Head event thing mentioned on the Yume 2kki wiki on the Underwater Amusement Park page. Just me telling him that it was scary as crap wasn't good enough so I went and took pictures.
The goat head is kinda interesting because there's another prominent goat head in the Realistic Beach area, if you go through the barriers in the middle (use Fairy) and go around a bit and then use either Wolf or Glasses, a giant ass goat head will appear on the ceiling. I'll get a picture of that one sometime that isn't now.

Anyway, these goat heads.. there's really only one thing I can think of goat-related and that's Baphomet, demon worshipped by witches in Black Masses and the Templars were accused of worshipping. I dunno, turn the pictures upside down and that goat does look like a demon. That isn't a cheeky lil tongue it's sticking out at you, that's a goddamn third eye. What is this a metaphor for?? Nobody will ever know for sure.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2012, 09:19:50 pm »

Hello yume nikki/yume nikki fangame people, new patch (quite a few actually) out for yume 2kki, that most notably adds some new effects, new areas, new events, and even a new ending for collecting more then 95% of the music.

Probably gettable through the usual channels. IE wiki pages or uboachan.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2013, 01:39:20 am »

Hello yet again yume nikki people.

Something is happening.

It's being done by SurfersParadise which was the place that was making yume nikki merch, soooo maybe physical yume nikki copies? Maybe something else. Very curious.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:36 am »

Oh man. Bookmarked, linked on desktop. I will be there. Thank you.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:11 am »

It's popped!

Again, google translate, grain of salt, etc.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »

Did it happen early or did I horribly mix up the numbers? I came home from school expecting something 10 minutes from now. Anyway,
Uboachan says:
Yume Nikki is announced to be serialized as a web manga, adapted into a light novel, and an Image CD will be written to accompany.

Announcement: http://yumenikki.net/
Translation: http://pastebin.ca/2317750
Discussion: http://uboachan.net/yn/res/1948.html

And a translation from some tumblr:
Novelization: [Yume Nikki] - Your dream in which I do not exist - (temp)
To be written by Akira (日日日) also known for writing Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, and to be illustrated by Arisaka Ako.

Web Comic
To be drafted by machigerita and drawn by Tomisawa Hitoshi also known for his manga works such as Alien 9.

Image Song CD - [Waltz for Yume Nikki]
By yume nikki x machigerita feat. Aoki Lapis.

All of which would be pretty cool if I lived in Japan and had money. Which I don't. We shall see, I guess.

EDIT: That Uboachan thread is hard to read.
To be clear, this is pretty cool. It doesn't harm what currently exists, may revive the fanbase a bit, and provides something for some fans that I may eventually get to enjoy. Nothing wrong, really. A bit overhyped on this side of the world, maybe.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:03:25 pm by Lectorog »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »

That Yumi (who I will always call Yumi) always having deep psychological issues that somehow fight for attention with her other psychological issues.

Anyhow I am not sure how much you can revive the fanbase of a game where its only message is "Life sucks, just kill yourself" :P

Ohh do I wish that was a joke.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13