Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.  (Read 31178 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (and related fangames) - Social Detatchment, Dreaming, and You.
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

MEGA PROGRESS TODAY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

YEahhhh. Still several effects. Next time we'll get them and wrap this up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2012, 07:56:56 am »

Oh man I played Ib oh man.

That game was great. Seriously. No spoilers, though. Anyone who enjoyed YN needs to give it a shot if they haven't already.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:44 pm »

SirAaron's actually been trying to get me to play ib, and I probably will once I finish up yume 2kki. Prolly won't be keeping a journal as I have been though as it's starting to make things more of a chore then anything. :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2012, 07:25:50 pm »

I played Ib last night. It was pretty good. Didn't have the horror that the site led me to believe, but it had some good puzzles. Exploration was enjoyable, to the extent that the path was explorable, but the environments weren't terribly interesting. Worth playing, for sure. Only a few hours long, and the story is decent. I had fun. I may play again to get the best ending.

There's not much reason to keep a journal for Ib, as the game is linear. There are choices you can make, but describing everything would only be entertaining for those who don't want to play it or watch it played.

EDIT: Yume 2kki. Spent at least half an hour in the Purple Neon Maze and travelling back to it after I got caught (which happened 4 times). Found that there is nothing there. Don't bother looking.

Dream TV had a nice surprise for me.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:08:13 pm by Lectorog »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »

Haahaahaahahah, wow that's pretty great.

Also more MEGA PROGRESS. TONIGHT, SOMEONE IN THIS ROOM WILL DIE (maybe (presumably))

All things come to an end.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:10:12 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »

So, stuff we missed.

And so it's over. Not gonna do any journals at least not any soon, so until then this thread is either gonna have to sink or swim. If it's still in a reasonable state by the time I get back to this I might continue posting in it or let it die.

So despite the difficulties with getting the thread off the ground, yume nikki is a wonderful thing that made a bunch of other wonderful things, and I hope decent games of a similar type end up coming out well into the future because they are the best.

Spoiler: ?! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:55:35 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2012, 01:07:51 am »

So I said I'd let this thread sink or swim and it seems to have mostly sunk, but I'd just like t ogive a shout out to a really neat game "Me". From what little I've played it's shaping up kind've like .flow, and as a result is pretty awesome. Definitely scary so be aware of that.

A link to the wiki page (which has a link to the download). Another note is that IT'S IN ENGLISH and as a result you don't have to jump through flaming hoops to get it running.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2012, 01:12:11 pm »

I was going to post a couple of things from 2kki, but your final post was so good I didn't want to disturb the thread.

Does that game have another web page? I can only access wikia pages sometimes, and now is not one of those times.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »

Here's a link to the Uboachan thread. There's a download link inside.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:56 pm »

Yep, scroll to the last link in that thread for the most recent version. And yeah feel free to post stuff I missed in 2kki or .flow or whatever, as I know 2kki is a huge game, and I think .flow just recently got an update, if not a huge one.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

So is .10++fix the latest?

I think .flow just recently got an update, if not a huge one.
This is the worst thing.
I have so much trouble deciding whether .flow is worth playing again with each update. I haven't even completed 2kki yet, so it's a question of starting over or not there. I have yet to for either. I have .flow v.17 and Yume 2kki v.097g. So behind.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »

Yep, .10++fix is the most recent! The game is feature complete at that stage too so it shouldn't go into the spiral of eternal updates a lot of these games seem to get trapped in sometimes. Three endings, 6 effects, and 25 "orbs" that you need to get all the endings, like LCD Dem which I haven't played.

Annnnd I don't think the .flow update added a whole ton so don't feel tooooo compelled. I think it just altered some maps a bit, I think .flow is pretty much feature complete too.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »

Started playing Me. Wow. I stopped playing Me. Horror + no clue what's going on. It's pretty amazing.
I already have two puddles of liquid in my room, whatever those mean.
EDIT: Oh man. This game. Thank you for that recommendation.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:00:22 pm by Lectorog »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:19 am »

Me theory following, it involves seeing one particular event that involves being rushed by a small rabbit-ey (I think?) thing as soon as you enter a room, and getting to an area filled with chasers. So if you haven't, and you care, steer clear!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13