Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apparently Dwarves lived in Turkey  (Read 5561 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently Dwarves lived in Turkey
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:52 am »

20,000 citizens? God, think about the FPS!

Don't worry they were just running it on a supercomputer. It makes perfect sense
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:17 am »

Don't worry they were just running it on a supercomputer. It makes perfect sense

Too bad there's no multithreading :P
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 05:19:08 am »

yes , turkeys are waaay ahead from us in supercomputers .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 07:37:18 am »

I looked at the map, and, OMG it's a pathfinding NIGHTMARE!!!!

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 08:51:28 am »

It dove down for 18 stories, you say? And thousands of people could flock down there?
Geese, that's some cardinal project.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 12:12:27 pm »

no project is a real project without magma .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 04:55:03 pm »

Now the real question is - did they turn the invaders off and/or did they use SPEED:0?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 05:06:42 pm »

i bet they turned invaders off and generated cavernless world .

i didn't see any barracks , arena or archery ranges .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:24:52 pm by brainfreez »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 04:35:07 pm »

I doubt it. Thye probably just put up a locked door until they could afford a raising drawbridge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »

i see , they have no drawbridges .

how can a 1.000 citizen population with all its wealth , survive only with locked door ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:37 pm »

Well, the invaders might have not brought buildingdestroyers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

at some point a minotaur would come .

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

Well, there's a few possibilities.

1. Luck.
2. Live training. Say, the Turks see a rabbit and send their soldiers out to kill it.
3. Danger rooms. The wooden training spears would rot, and the stone mechanisms would probably break down or erode into unrecognizable stuff.
4. Some of the rooms might have been improperly identified barracks, training areas, or whatever.
5. The ruins aren't inhabited anymore, are they?
Sig

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 10:09:19 am »

i see , they have no drawbridges .

how can a 1.000 citizen population with all its wealth , survive only with locked door ?

Well obviously they didn't :p I don't see any mention of dwarves living in those settlements !

I hope archeologists will keep on exploring and find the vast cavern deep underground now. Complete with mushroom trees and all.

Seriously, this is awesome.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 11:33:02 am »

its awsome until they dig too deep .
Pages: 1 [2]