Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Daggerdeath - A Sucession Game  (Read 10823 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Daggerdeath - A Sucession Game
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 01:32:55 pm »

Yes. It be my turn. I'll get on work on it soon.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 09:44:08 am »

Eh sorry but it seems that I won't be able to do all of the things I am doing at once. So you can skip my turn and maybe give it to me if there's not enough people. Anyways sorry but I won't be able to do it. Have my hands preoccupied it seems.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

markressler

• Bay Watcher
  • WHAT IS THIS, WHAT I AM DOI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 10:10:43 am »

It's my turn, then? Great. This is my first succession game, hope it goes well.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:25 am »

1st of Granite, year 252

Seeing that Highmax only made a tomb for himself, I'm adding some more tombs for the rest of the dwarves in the z-level where his room is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8th of Granite, year 252

The fortress is running quite smoothly. Every dwarf is working. The food and drink stores are stocked, so there's no need to worry about that now. Starting excavation, I'll see if we can find magma.

13th of Granite, year 252

Building some fortifications and some traps.

17 of Granite, year 252

We have struck a cavern!

1st of Slate, year 252

Thiefs! I'll send our squad to defend ourselves.

End of update.

Welp, this is a horrid update, but I don't have much free time to write these days, I hope this doesn't upset you. More coming later.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:20:20 am by markressler »

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:41 pm »

Fuck! Fucked up my save.. this is disheartening. Ugh. Sorry... I won't take part of this... Gah.

burdalesa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 04:16:27 pm »

great story teller you are my fellow. I'm afraid of the things in the river. the fishers always die and the dwarf get upset and start killing himself.

PD: Can you upload the images again? i cant see them

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »

I wanna try too, it will be my first Sucession game.
Ps. Add on players list with colors, who was skipped, who played ect.

burdalesa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 07:07:28 pm »

Well... I think is my turn. I'm starting right now boys

burdalesa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 08:09:43 pm »

5th of granite

The militia kills a kobolds thief. that tipe of scum is not rival for the glorious Walled Chains.

The workers starts making more doors, thrones, tables and beds for future inmigrants. the mechanist started to make mechanisms, we need them to make traps.

14th of granite

The dwarf are constructing a forge and a smelter. we know that the copper is a very bad option for the soldiers armor, but is the only option. The food is growing and we are very happy! the alcohol is helping to work in this place that now we can call HOME.

18th of granite

The masons are constructing walls outside for protect the fortress and a place where the goats can pasture without getting in risk.
  We where afraid that the goblins kill them first.

15th of Slate

The miners are chaneling outside so we can put the refuse underground and don't having the problem of the miasma. I don't want to think the worst think, but if we get raided we can't let people die because of throwing the shit outside

21th of slate

A kea has stolen from the ranger some bolts.

22th of slate

This is amazing! 11 migrants apeared. the fortess is growing!. the inmigrants are hungry for the travel and they want alcohol! All the dwarf to the stills! we take some men of them to the military, is better to be prepared

27 Felsite

We made the last workshops: a kitchen, a fishery, a tanner a leather

5th hematite

we eat a puppy :3

12th Hematite

the mechanics and the masons are making a danger room where the militia can train better. The soldiers that survive that mortal trap are the best, but is very risky. I don't know if the copper armor will be enough to protect them from the spikes

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:24 pm »

You use wooden training spears. Copper armor will block it. Hell, all you really need is a leather hood.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »

Don't use spikes! I saw a disaster with them, cause they impale steel at wooden! Use wooden training spears. I'm glad to see we got this all working out even though we had a couple skips. This my first time starting a sucession game, so this is good! I'm kinda shocked that we haven't seen an elf or human yet, the worldgen has one elf and one human civ, but dwarves do not exist for some odd reason :o
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

burdalesa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

(in other fortress much of my men died with the wooden spears)

14th malachite

Another group of inmigrants has arrived. They are only five, but we need to make more beds. The masons smooth the stone on the bedrooms. the training room is in construction

8th Galena

The miners are trying to reach the 40th level underground. We hope to find some metal to smelt in iron or at least bronce

12th Galena

The hunter killed the Wombat people

13th Galena

The masons made another bridge for the traders, the first is full of traps and is good to have another entry.... or scape route. for safety is always up, we only put it in position when the caravanas arrive

14th Galena

A human caravan arrived, we have a lot of stuff to trade. I think i can get somen iron or steel, weapons, armors , seeds and drinks. The peasants are doing the hauling and the broker is going to meet with the humans

15th Galena

I am atonished. the humans didn't bring alcohol, or armors, or seeds. we only get a lot of food, some wood and some weapons. This  was unexpected. The dwarfs are very sad, the will continue drinking the same old booze

11th limestone

the tragedy: a weaver has died of thirs. He get a mood some time ago and he was day and night in his bedroom. poor boy, now he is the first dead in the cementery

9th sandstone

a wood cutter was found drowned.. we don't know how could that happened. people live and die, that's the nature of the living creatures.

12th sands stone

the masons are working outside making wall to get bigger the pasture zone and moving the training zone. we don't want soldiers that get sick with the sun light

18th sandstone

more migrants arrived. they are 6, so their are no problem. the carpenters are working in some more beds

28th Sandstone

the rotting corpse of the woodcutter is in the water and is fulling the entrance with miasma. the miners will channel the top part so the air can enter and the miasma will go. the image of the body is awfull

10th timber

the miners started diggin the future hospital. we have the coffer, the tables and the beds, we only need the traction benchs and the soap

16th Timber a dwarf caravan come to our Fortress. we get from them food, weapons, charcoal and some barrels, but no armors, metals or drinks. I request that the next time they bring the necesary things. The danger rooms is complete, the dwarf are getting strong in that tricky place

26 Moonstone

a cat died in the danger room. ther door was locked for animals but this cat was clever... not enough for not dying with the spears

15th opal the armorer of the fortress is acting strange, he talk about other creatures, and the divine intervention for a creation. he reclaimed the forge. I don`t know waht is gonna happen

20th opal

The possesed armore has created Keshan Kebon the mailshirt. this fine piece of art encrusted with giant eagle bone. In the item is n image of bushtits in silver. all the other dwarf are impressed. who will be the lucky one that use the armor?

All the soldiers are masters in combat. Every one is proud of them because the work of the dwarf created their armors, their training room, the food and the place. know we are a little more safe. the next step will be to create an archer militia

The spring is here. we have food and drinks, we are protected. But who knows what the Gods prepared for our future? only they know.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:43:39 pm by burdalesa »

burdalesa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »

Here is the save, continue the fortress boys, i think i did it well. It will be good if you make some archers and you look for magma

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »

I'd like to join.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »

TRAINING spears, and they still need headwear.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8