Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569059 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4980 on: September 17, 2023, 05:53:40 am »

Are you sure it was a dream?
Sleeper agent phrase activated

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: September 18, 2023, 01:35:03 pm »

My dream was vaguely apocalyptic with a few other flavors thrown in. I was investigating something, with elements of what I now recognize as the room and Book of Hours as I was looking through and trying to unlock a large box filled with occult books which were important for my investigation. At some point I was out on the streets in an outdoor market and all the lights turned off and everyone ran away.
Satan appeared and I prepared to fight him/escape myself, but he said we needed to talk. I was very suspicious and didn't trust him. Suddenly there was a loud noise, and light appeared from around the corner, I instantly knew it was a giant cycolpsian monster with a single giant eye that projected light. I didn't know what would happen if it saw us, but from how frightened Satan was I knew it would be bad. We kept a small building between us and it, moving to make sure it didn't see us as it moved around looking for us, eventually when it moved enough so there was a clear path for us to escape, and we ran away.
Satan was taking me to his real body, and I realized that he must be piloting his avatar, or he was someone else paralyzed and trapped in merely controlling the body.
We get to the suburbs and go into a garage. In the garage was a car, satan walked into the trunk, and a few seconds later I followed him.
Inside the car was Pickles from Bistro Huddy. This was so WTF and out of left field that it instantly woke me up as my brain spent like 20 seconds trying to figure out where I knew pickles from.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: September 19, 2023, 08:17:49 am »

Forgot to take my sertraline yesterday which, in addition to making my sleep awful, gave me some weird and very consistent dreams.

Pretty much the whole thing was about a three way war between some sort of infectious, sentient and malevolent matter (Like, it could spread to any other kind of matter slowly including humans), some sort of vaguely benevolent plants which fell by the wayside fairly quickly, and AI which was either benevolent or malevolent depending on the universe.

Earliest thing I remember was where the matter won, which resulted in it taking over the universe and blowing it up. This resulted in the creation of a multiverse where the same conflict was happening in each universe.

In one universe, the AI was benevolent and helping humanity colonise Mars. The matter wound up managing to infect the planet which resulted in a fight between the two, and eventually the AI "won" because it found out you can slowly convert the matter back to normal matter by using ultra high frequency sound, so it started producing devices that created noise beyond the range of human hearing to fight it off. It didn't completely destroy it because it kept coming back somehow, which dream me thought was bullshit. The colonisation of Mars continued with the war moving into the solar system, and eventually the dream moved into another universe.

This time there was a house infected by the matter. It didn't seem too interested in spreading beyond the house this time, but there was a person living in it who was slowly getting more and more infected. It was letting them keep their form for seemingly no reason beyond finding it amusing to make them suffer. He'd go and meet up with someone who was simultaneously me, my aunt, and Nanny Ogg from the Discworld novels on occasion. For some reason being infected would make him shit, and I'm talking mounds twice his own size. Dunno what was up with that. At the end of the day the matter would kill him and in the morning it'd bring him back to life, none the wiser.
Eventually he started trying to fight back, and the plant thing tried to help. The matter, however, having taken over both him and the house, kept doing things like killing him with spiked tentacles and turning him into some sort of I-have-no-mouth-and-I-must-scream style blob monster. After a lot of fighting he eventually managed to upload his brain with the help of the AI, who would then try to fight the matter. It didn't work, the AI revealed its goal was to actually be the only thinking thing left in the universe, and a glass dome in the garden took off to try and infect the rest of the world. The plant took the person, who was now uninfected, and followed in its wake. The matter noticed and killed them.

Final one took place in some Simpsons/BG3 hybrid world. Homer was infected but knew the way of killing the matter by high pitched sounds, and was also trying to shut down the infected nuclear plant. However, there was someone else who was infected but unaware of it, and didn't realise the matter was manipulating his mind to make him stop Homer. Instead, he was forcing Homer to do other stuff at gunpoint. Homer, knowing that he couldn't get past him, made a series of metal slides and said he was working on a park. He got himself and the other guy to both go down the slide, which started to destroy the matter because it was producing high pitched squeaking sounds. Kept repeating this for a while.
The BG3 came in now, when a party of heroes tried to take out the nuclear plant. Had a monk (me), cleric, fighter and ranger. They approached the plant and found some ducks. Had a nice conversation with them until their heads came off and tentacles erupted from them. Then a massive amount of spiked tentacles erupted from around the nuclear plant, which was now at the bottom of an amphitheater-esque pit. Combat started, which went badly due to the party being both underlevelled and outnumbered.
Repeat the fight with the same results a few times.
Eventually I decided the party should just get out of combat, so after the first round I told everyone to dash and get away. It worked, but everyone was now infected with the matter. Best way to get rid of it was to head home, so I started up that way but the police were after us. The best way to get home was to go via the sewers, which weren't your standard video game sewers where there's loads of space, but instead tiny pipes that you could just about move up by shuffling. Halfway there the police followed up the sewers and we had to hide.

Like so many other dream, unsatisfactory ending, this is where I woke up.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4983 on: September 20, 2023, 08:49:17 am »

I dreamed the world was ending and devils were appearing all over the world to announce the curtains were closing. "Devils" is probably not the right word, just as "angels" is probably not the right word. I use "devils" because they were servants of the demiurge, but they were not benevolent, being harsh and judgemental in distributing punishments. But they were also not cruel, or possessed of free will, doing simply what they were designed to do.

The only problem was they told everyone the last instance of existence was billions of years away, so after the initial moment of excitement, people were once again forced to go back to their jobs to pay for the existence they already know is numbered. I lost my home in this dream, as a giant servant in the sky caused it to rain perpetual soup upon London, until the river burst its banks and overran everything. I joined an ark as a sailor, where the Captain was cruel and exactly like the bosses of the old ways. He did not let us drink the soup so I led a mutiny and murdered the captain by throwing him overboard with an anchor, drowning him in soup. The crew and I continued our journey, searching for the end of the soup, all the while devising new ways to eat it and cook it, or hunting the things that lived in the soup. The soup itself was a pleasant and lovely thing, but it nourished a great ecosystem of things that lived in it. The great beasts were not what we feared, but the small ones - that multiplied and proliferated their larvae in the nourishing soup. You really had to cook it otherwise the parasites would overtake you and make you into something more onion than man, but we also kept these onion-men as part of the crew, as they retained their wits and were otherwise upstanding sailors. Our ark gained a reputation as a den of soup cultists and ports feared our arrival, but fearing us was irrelevant as the soup was everywhere along the coasts and wherever our arkship could sail, there was soup.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: September 21, 2023, 03:34:04 am »

Dreams where you sail upon a sea of good soup are always good dreams.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 21, 2023, 11:58:53 am »

I dreamed I was playing some bizarrely modified trouble in terrorist town. The game allowed matchmaking by presumably throwing you into random applicable servers. So every couple rounds would be on a different server. Nobody had any chill though, and were playing like it was all a random death match. Traitors would immediately out themselves, people would somehow instantly recognize that I was a traitor, one match I was alone as the only traitor with a swarm of bots. It was pretty chaotic.

Besides the game, outside the house, which was not my house but some expansive 2 story mcmansion, the goat pen had attracted additional goats. There were now our 2 goats plus 3 more that showed up out of nowhere. They were roughly the same size and had the same color patterns as ours though. So I corralled all of them into the pasture. One was so small though it routinely squeezed through the 4x4in wire mesh to escape, and then back inside. It was untameable. The other ones kept trying to break out to be with it too. I had to go get them unstuck from the fencing when they got their horns trapped.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 21, 2023, 05:43:22 pm »

Dreamt my brother was still alive, and we were together on a snowy field. It was really weird because I think I had some idea that he really was dead in real life, because I was thinking about him as if he were already gone even though he was right there with me, looking back at me as we walked and smiling. I don’t remember much else from the dream, but I thought about how handsome he was — he was such a handsome kid, in our childhood.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4987 on: September 22, 2023, 09:11:38 am »

Dreams where you sail upon a sea of good soup are always good dreams.
truly nourishing for the soul

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 28, 2023, 02:34:47 am »

Something roused me from my sleep last night, and I'd have swore to god there was a giant ass spider crawling on my wall next to my bed. I sprang up and got the phone next to my bed to try to get more light on it, but my eyes were focusing on and it was clear that I was in a half-dream state still. The plaster on the walls seemed to be glowing in constantly changing shapes, and they were distracting me from trying to make out the spider I'd swear was there. It took maybe twenty seconds, but eventually the spider metamorphosed back into the carbon monoxide detector it was originally.

Really spooked me, cause I have had recurring nightmares about spiders for all my life, and it felt like one of those beasties finally got out onto my wall.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4989 on: September 28, 2023, 05:27:52 am »

Spiders are cool

Twice in my life I've had spiders do that horror movie thing where they descend on a single strand of web right in front of your eye in the middle of the night. Lucky for them I was awake otherwise I'd be a part of that statistical anomaly that eats a few spiders in my sleep every night

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: September 28, 2023, 06:07:57 am »

Had a dream where a hypothetical gf swapped bodies with me ala freaky friday, and then her sister had incestuous sex with me.  But I specifically remember her cupping my gonads except the me in my dream didnt notice even if i did...

then they drag me out to their father and he asks me to help restrain their 2 worthless 27 and 28 yr old sons.  i protest that im his daughter now but realize im standing up to pee and then dream me becomes suspicious about what the sister's motives were for sleeping with me.

what the hell.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 28, 2023, 08:38:05 am »

And this is why I never stand to pee anymore

I dreamed I was an actress in TOS Star Trek, and we (the cast) were watching/re-shooting the movies for some reason.  New 3D imaging tech IRL or something.  My character was kinda young and silly, but had a star role in the end of the first movie:

A tribe of amazons boarded the Enterprise because they considered my existence to be... mocking them.  Both as a physically weak woman, and also as a "fake" woman.  I had to resolve a dramatic standoff by disobeying orders and approaching the amazon line.

Defying orders proved that women in Starfleet had more agency than one might think based on the outfits.  I brought my personal bow, showing that we still valued martial arts despite having fancy technology.  And by offering myself as a sacrifice to end the conflict I showed that I had the force of will they expected from real women.  Also a factor: I was crying a whole lot due to empathy for the fallen, which they didn't consider a weakness at all.

Hooray for cultural exchange :D  The next movie was the crossover with Star Wars where Wedge Antilles tries to negotiate a peace accord with the imperial remnant known as Star Wars, led by Glass Vader.  I had a bit part.  Thankfully I woke up.  Star Trek movies are truly hit or miss.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4992 on: September 28, 2023, 08:40:38 am »

1. Wake up in the morning

2. Piss

3. Get out of bed

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 28, 2023, 10:22:24 am »

The plaster on the walls seemed to be glowing in constantly changing shapes, and they were distracting me from trying to make out the spider I'd swear was there.

Raw duplication?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: September 29, 2023, 03:51:02 am »

1. Wake up in the morning

2. Piss

3. Get out of bed
Doing those things in that order will probably not end well for your mattress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 339