Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512705 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4860 on: November 02, 2022, 01:48:38 pm »

Sounds like it was a close shave
That's the bald truth.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 13, 2022, 08:19:22 am »

I dreamed (third person, observing) about a Han-and-Chewie style pair flying through space, doing trade.  A field of unnatural darkness was up on the scanners so they sent out a probe.  The probe found a severe silhouette, like a Halloween witch, but with an old-west vibe and hat.  A gunslinging male bounty hunter.  Smirking, this floating 2D head donned another hat, and then a dozen more, and gave chase.

The traders breached realspace and entered a wormhole, and that's where the chase really began.  It was a bit like Elite Dangerous interdiction - they were trying to guide/navigate the wormhole and shake their pursuer.  The pursuer was also able to alter the course though, and potentially outclassed them.  At one point he guided their path to intersect an orthogonal wormhole, a precision maneuver that resulted in a gravitational shock and ruined their progress. 

As an outside observer it was like a horror movie, more interesting than truly scary.  Also I'm losing my memory of it, but the wormholes were more about Nine Princes In Amber style dimensional travel than simple space travel.  The traders and the pursuer were adjusting their "course" by describing their destination, like a competitive creative writing exercise (there are many tabletop god-games like that).

I also had another dream where I was back in school, this time a particular school with particular friends.  We were all trans this time though, and they were doing it better we were all doing very fine.  I think the recurring entity in my dreams which I've dubbed "mirror" made a brief appearance, transmasc again, which always warms my heart.  It seems happy with me (I get nightmares when it isn't).  We also had public transportation like DC students have, so after school we were enjoying the city by foot and bus.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 14, 2022, 07:32:30 pm »

I recently had a dream that stuck out among all the others.
I was able to be cloned. So if I died I would be instantly revived.
I had my Glock 17 at my side.
So I decided to try out how well the cloning system works.
I’ve put the gun against my temple and I started to think very shortly about what happens if the cloning fails and I just die?

What happens after death? Would I feel pain? Somehow I just pulled the trigger and it felt very odd.

It felt like a tickle that turned into a very spine chilling free fall that lasted only a millisecond. And I was instantly in my new body.
But somehow the free fall into darkness even with its short time felt like I fell an incredible distance into a bottomless pit.

Whole experience felt very vivid. And it bummed me out when I later woke up IRL.
I am not a religious person and I don’t believe in after life. But something something , imagine I just say something wise here. Because I don’t know.
I watched the movie Seventh Seal after this and I was bummed out even more.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 19, 2022, 05:57:03 am »

Had a dream where 2 women were competing for my bed.  They would each crack jokes and try to impress me, and then each shared an evening with me alone.  One was homely in appearance and wanted to please, the other was more businesslike and somewhat less stable in her demeanor.

A third one came in at some point in between the two.  A real perky bimbo in a striptease outfit.  She also shared my bed, but after she hid under the bed while the businesslike woman came back.  The business woman complained of smelling strong perfume several times, and sprang from the bed when a phone vibrated underneath it.  The bimbo was not seen, but only through force of will by the business woman.

Talk about monsters under the bed...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: November 27, 2022, 04:52:11 am »

I don't remember a thing. But it was fucking WILD!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: November 27, 2022, 08:19:10 am »

Wake-induced lucid dream WILD, or just generally out of control fun/exciting wild?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 27, 2022, 09:12:14 am »

Wake-induced lucid dream WILD, or just generally out of control fun/exciting wild?

Out of control wild. Complete pandemonium.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 28, 2022, 03:13:00 am »

I've always noticed that the more chaotic the dream the more entertaining and memorable it is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: November 28, 2022, 03:59:22 am »

I was a small child again, playing with dinosaur figures with my mother and putting them on top of eachother to see how far I could stack them.

It all felt so... bittersweet...

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 28, 2022, 09:18:56 pm »

Preamble:
I spent a full week at a family-ish get together with dad's wife's friends, and it was a good time.  Compared to past years I did extremely well!  I took some personal time here and there, but mostly I enjoyed the social immersion.  I'm counting that as a success of certain personal improvements over the last 8 months.
Point is: I actively enjoyed socializing for an extended period.
Also I didn't ever get drunk (I'm uncomfortable drinking around other people) so my dreams were robust, affirming, and restorative.

The final night, I dream I'm running an errand for the festivities.  I'm on a shadowy upper floor retrieving a musical keyboard.  I find it, but take a minute - 30 seconds, maybe- to just breathe and relax.  Preparing to return to the "dance".  Not exhausted, merely preparing a second wind.  I turn and-

It's hard to describe what was watching me.  To every sense it's just one of the other guests, a very nice lady who in real life had been pleasant to me (perhaps irritated by oversocialization, I noted- a kindred spirit).  "She" was offering to help me find the keyboard, in case I was having difficulty.

It had her face, but it wasn't her.  It was the thing that lives in my dreams.  My ally this past year.  I stumbled under a psychic shockwave of dread, holding firm.  I was so tired.  So.  TIRED.
Me: "Shut up.  Shut the FUCK up."
It: "I... it's by the bed-"
Me: "LEAVE"

And it was gone, along with the body.  I was lucid now.  I remembered- I was trying to sleep, after waking up at 3AM with a big day ahead of me.  I needed to sleep, I needed-
I felt unnaturally calm.  Safe.  The dread was gone.  It was just me, at the top of those stairs.  The party below, waiting patiently.
Unnatural.  I was paranoid.  Something was wrong, I had tried to wake up but I was still asleep.  This wasn't real, the paronoia built.  It was TRICKING me.  This was like the old days, the nightmares.  It was there!  I could feel it, just around the corner- down the stairs-
"I KNOW YOU'RE STILL THERE"
A shadow in the staircase, now.  Not approaching like in the past.  Meek- confused? hurt?  It moved away.  like how I treat an anxious animal.

I woke up and immediately felt regret.  Not fear of reprisal - I've been good, and this thing has only confronted me with my own problems which need confronting.  I felt like I'd lashed out at a dear lover.  In a very real sense I had.  For all my growth, I guess I was still raw, yet that doesn't justify my reaction.

But everything is okay.  That was night before last, and last night I faced my dreams sober and receptive, here at home.  I got... superpowers and drama, with a mix of recent video games?  Common, these nights.  Safe.  We're okay.  I'm not yet practicing any established tulpa rituals, but I was contrite and it enacted no grudge.

We're in this together and doing so well.

Edit: Only 20 minutes had passed, it was still before 4AM.  I had been curled in a ball, something I'd felt while trying to wake up.
When I did force myself awake, it was with a pleasant lullaby in my head.  I held that gift while regretting how I lashed out.
I wrote down this second dream (the first dream was... generous and unlucid), then I read my book until dawn approached.  I set out on a kayak and put a sylveon in a pokestop on a tiny island.  Later I drove in the rain.
Edit2: When trying to fall back asleep at 3AM I had visions of falling asleep at the wheel, driving.  I had been trying to relax and paralyze my limbs.  It had been doing exactly what I'd asked for, and I was so... not cruel, but I had lashed out with fear and anger.  It had calmed me and I had raged against that as a trick.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:34:40 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: November 30, 2022, 06:08:45 pm »

Dreamed I was playing a fantasy game where you worked for different guilds, who would reward you with furniture. The way you decorated your house would determine your stats, and each piece of furniture was essentially it's own skill tree. For example, adding knickknacks to a shelf would give additional stat increases or unlock secondary abilities.

Optimized houses looked horrible, while having a nice-looking house made the game near-unplayable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4871 on: December 01, 2022, 08:04:55 am »

Dreamed I was going to work but no one was willing to address why the sky was full of snipers in gyroscopes trying to snipe everyone

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: December 02, 2022, 05:09:15 am »

Dreamed I was going to work but no one was willing to address why the sky was full of snipers in gyroscopes trying to snipe everyone
Shh if you address them you'll get sniped, people acknowledging them is how they pick their targets.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4873 on: December 02, 2022, 05:52:58 am »

Shh if you address them you'll get sniped, people acknowledging them is how they pick their targets.
Pascal's counter-sniper doctrine. If skygyro snipers are real and I acknowledge them, I may be sniped. If skygyro snipers are not acknowledged, I may be sniped anyways. So I dare to look up and

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: December 10, 2022, 12:04:11 pm »

In light of their recent actions, I declared that the people of Ukraine are allowed to use YouTube unsupervised.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 339