Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512706 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4845 on: September 01, 2022, 02:46:13 am »

Seems like a bunch of people are having strange dreams recently.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: September 01, 2022, 10:13:21 am »

I got assaulted in my dream. It felt sexual for some odd reason, but all the other person did was force feeding me pebbles.

I am still deeply uncomfortable, and will be for the test of my life.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: September 01, 2022, 10:29:45 am »

I got assaulted in my dream. It felt sexual for some odd reason, but all the other person did was force feeding me pebbles.

Yeah, you totally dreamed that, you didn't astrally project yourself into the consciousness of my latest victim. Haha, do not try to recall any details about your totally imagined dream. :)

Oh yeah. Tooootally...

I know where you live now.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: September 06, 2022, 09:58:58 am »

I've been having very long dreams but not writing them down lately.  What I remember of last night is being at a summer camp of sorts, and pointing out shooting stars while on adventure.  They moved strangely, like ships.  And now I remember that there was a space ship, it shattered in the sky and the pieces fell to earth.  One came right for us, like a meteor, landing only a couple of miles away.  We were going to investigate.

Edit:  But there was also a flood.  Did more of the ship deorbit?  Yeah, it crashed into the ocean near us, and there was a wall of water.  It felt like a wave, though, not awful like it should have been.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:05:40 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4849 on: September 08, 2022, 04:08:21 pm »

Were you stoned at the time?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: September 22, 2022, 04:21:40 pm »

I had a dream last night that my family and i had a cabin near a national park where we discovered two old WWII tanks hidden in the woods and dragged them back to our cabin. One of them we sold immediately, I dont remember what it was, but the other, a soviet model in working condition that ran and could be driven, we kept and started working on. I tried to move it up to the workshop by the house but when I did the tracks snapped and came unwound. It's controls were also really weird in it only had a couple hand pedals in a box behind the turret, and driving it you had to sit outside on the left side and reach in and push or pull the levers.

So when the tracks came off it kept rolling and then turned to the right on its own and I had to release the forward gas pedal, but I was struggling because I had almost been thrown off the side. When it finally came to a stop my brother and I tried to reassemble the track on the left side but got into an argument where he tries to get violent so I went to help my father instead, and we got the right tracks gears and locking pins reassembled, and just had to reverse it back over the track and reconnect it. We discovered one of the teeth holding the track together had rusted and snapped, so repairing it was impossible. The other track was a wash because the wheels had rolled over and destroyed some of the gears.

So we towed it over next to my house and parked it against the side. I don't recall what else happened.

None of the aspects of the function of this tank were as they are on any real tank I'm aware of. It was all weird and dream-logicy
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: September 23, 2022, 04:08:33 pm »

Were you stoned at the time?

Hahaha, so funny.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:11 pm »

I had a dream last night. And oh boy was it vivid.

I remember being on a barren mountaintop paint red in a brilliant sunset. The mountain looked unnatural in a way I can't quite describe here or put into words. Maybe it was too round? Too bumpy? I don't know. There was no wind. No sound. I moved around, but no footsteps either. No such place exists to my knowledge, but I knew I was far, far, far away from home. It felt like another universe. The sky was completely cloudless was colored in an unnatural, dark pale blue that looked dully shiny, something like car paint.

I was in the middle on an empty road that stretched into infinity in both directions. Now I think I can describe the mountain. It was absolutely flat. The mountain was not a mountain, yet it had an observable, ascending elevation, so it was a mountain. Not like a slope, but, like, maybe a... anyways I just understood this while writing about it.

The setting sun was obscured by a small building. Light eminated from the shadowy building, creating mirages in my vision. It looked surreal.

I never ended up entering the building. It looked... uncanny. Unnatural. Utterly terrifying. Not as if there was a trap for me in there. I had the iniate knowledge that I was the only living thing in, well, some large diatance. It was more like something about the building itself. It was that the bulding defied... something. Euclidian space? Optics? Some other thing of nature? It was just a building, but my instincts screamed at me whenever I looked at it.

So I looked away. And into the road. Which stretched into eternity until it dissappeared from view. It did so in both directions. I knew from the dream context that following them would lead to nowhere.

So I was stuck. So I looked back and there was a stone wall of sorts, and on the wall were countless signs and posters which said things, none of which I could read because it was a dream. But I knew what they were for. I knew they were for anyone that found this place, that they said this universe was a, random, dead one among many others like it, with no meaning to its existence, and they said some very profound things about, somethings I can't tell. I don't understand those things, like as if the concepts and the language of them are just beyond my level of consciousness. But I know they exist and they are meaningful. I felt a great joy, peace and satisfaction from reading those. I had the answers. I think.

I looked at the building again. It still looked terrifying. But now that I knew what I knew, I could take it all and, and the scenery combined with the rays of the obscured sun and the weird blue of the sky made it strangely poetic.

But then it all abruptly ended. I woke up.

I don't know what that was. But it felt right.

I was content.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: September 27, 2022, 08:18:33 am »

I spent yesterday hiking and driving in the mountains, and that translated into a dream where I was cyclecrossing my way around an impossibly large mall.  Lots of extreme descents down ramps, then picking up my bicycle to spring up escalators, that sort of thing.

I wasn't in a huge hurry, mostly just having fun.  Technically I had some sort of quest, inspired by reading Worm (chapter 26).  There were these two people with end-of-the-world powers, and I had to find and... absorb, one of them?  One of them was "awakened" and evil and hunting me, but probably too dangerous to confront.  The other was innocent but too dangerous to allow to awake.  One of those dark & gritty moral choice things that Wildbow loves to write.

Wildbow also likes twists.  I eventually found the target, but he was already on the run (from the evil guy?).  He pulled a gun and shouted "look out", and fired past me.  I turned to look at the mook he just saved me from.  There was nobody.  There was a loud bang just behind my head and I woke up.  well played, kid.

That was mildly unsettling but mostly I just appreciated the irony, and I fell back asleep.  I got a vignette of my investigation where I assaulted a frat house for information.  Using kung-fu (inspired by Kung-Fu Hustle and Heat Signature).  It was very slapstick, and involved using small random plastic objects as batarangs to knock people out of the fight.  I basically walked into a room full of very high college students and bapped them all to establish dominance.

unfortunately someone had called the police, and the windows were reinforced for some reason, so I forced myself awake rather than deal with that suddenly-serious situation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: October 27, 2022, 01:34:53 am »

Had a dream where i learned i was able to levitate, by jumping and concentrating really hard. I could hold this for several seconds, and slowly hover a few yards. Nobody else thought this was even noteworthy or interesting. I spent hours in this dream perfecting this technique.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: October 27, 2022, 02:37:39 am »

I was engaged in a competition with a fella I vaguely knew in high school. The aim was to see who could grow their hair longest within a certain timeframe. I was winning but, spurred by random altruism, decided to forfeit just before the deadline. I got high-school fella to shave my head with an electric clipper.

My alarm went off mid-shave.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4856 on: October 27, 2022, 05:36:16 am »

Sounds like it was a close shave

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: October 28, 2022, 01:54:07 pm »

Last night I dreamt I was trying to save my dog from rotting away and dying, like she was falling apart in my hands. Nobody could do anything for her so I was trying to write a spell through dwarf fortress interactions that would permanently heal her and make her younger and immortal to prevent the necrosis from coming back. Everybody kept interrupting me with random shit and I never finished it.
I make Spellcrafts!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: November 01, 2022, 04:06:28 am »

I dreamt that I found a nightmarish monster, and opened a tourist trap around it.

The monster in question... was a giant maw in the ground. But instead of a stomach, you could look down into the pit and see hundreds of... limbs, each ending in a mouth. If you feel in, you would be eaten by one of the mouths, and you would fall into a vast throat, with the walls completely saturated on more long, tentacle like limbs, each ending in a hungry mouth. And when you got swallowed by one of those, you would enter yet another vast throat, surrounded by yet more mouths... I don't know when it was supposed to end, if it ended at all. I was the only thing to ever survive being eaten by it, since I had discovered it by turning into a rolling ball monster thing, exploring around the place, falling in, and getting spat out again, at which point the tourist trap was founded, and several visitors fell in by accident.

In the end, there was an earthquake, and the tourist trap, along with a load of people in the surrounding area, was swallowed up by the earth and the mouth, and it buried itself deeper underground in order to be left alone. The people who had built the tourist trap were arrested and imprisoned for life, and I had a really heartfelt moment with my Dad.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: November 02, 2022, 04:38:15 am »

I had a strange dream last night. Near the beginning of what I can remember I died, though I'm not entirely sure whether it was truly me who died or someone else, as the whole dream felt detached and unemotional, as if I were a spectator to the events rather than a participant. Instead of being taken to Heaven I then found myself in a room resembling a normal doctor's office; linoleum floor tiles, walls devoid of color or windows, and soulless fluorescent light fixtures on the ceiling. I was strapped to some sort of operating table and my captor was some sort of alien. Picture some cross between a Bionicle and an H.R. Giger design and you probably have a fairly close approximation of what he looked like. He sliced me open and began to individually slice my organs to pieces. I cannot recall whether in the dream I understood this as being some sort of cruel second death after which annihilation would come or if this was part of some process to convert me to be like him. I am certain that there were more tortures than that which I just described, but I cannot remember them.

I haven't had a strange or disturbing dream like this in quite a while, and strangely enough I didn't remember it until about an hour after waking up. Perhaps I just had too much Halloween candy.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 339