Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568951 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4830 on: July 13, 2022, 03:44:14 pm »

Apparently if you get pulled over by the police in France they can punch the windows out of your car if you don't show them your mirage certificate.

That's 1 way to check if your car windows are indeed a mirage or not.  Any non-mirage windows must be properly registered and issued their certificates of physicality.  Strange rule, but the dream French can do as they please

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: July 14, 2022, 04:07:54 am »

Oh man mirage was supposed to be marriage, god I suck at words, also you know what it still seems like a dumb rule no matter what word is used.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: July 16, 2022, 12:53:39 pm »

A blanket of snow fell over all the lands. It did not melt. The temperature continued dropping, each day a bit colder than the last, with no end in sight.

We formed a group, determined to survive as long as possible. Scavenging parties went out each day. Sometimes they returned with food and firewood. Sometimes they returned with nothing. Sometimes they did not return at all.

One day we came face to face with one of the harbingers of our icy doom; a titanic beast covered in scales, plodding through the snow on four legs, spewing an endless stream of frozen death from it's great maw. It's gaze gave notice to our little group, ever so briefly, before moving on. The beast cared nothing for such tiny mortals, and we knew that none of our feeble efforts could even hope to make such a creature flinch.
None of our scavenging parties returned that day.

When there were only four of us left, I worked up the courage to tell her how I felt. She said she felt the same. Finally, there was a little bit of pure joy in this wretched nightmare of a world. We both knew what was coming, but we would face it together, until the bitter end.

Now it was just the two of us, huddled around the last fire, watching what remained of our most precious possessions slowly turn to ash. Her hand fell from mine; I let it go, knowing that she had been gone for some time. The light from those final embers faded and the cold began to creep in. I realized that I had always known this moment was coming. I had been a fool to think that I could fight it. More foolish still to believe that I would not be alone when it came.
Still, I think that I accomplished all that I needed to in this life. There are so many memories, right there...but it's cold now, and I-

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4833 on: July 16, 2022, 02:53:11 pm »

SNAP BACK TO REALITY

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: July 16, 2022, 04:53:33 pm »

I had a dream as I was falling asleep where I was splicing 2 wires together and got shocked.  I immediately jumped awake as my whole body twitched.  It was so soon into the dream, that I sort of still thought I was not yet asleep.  I was obviously shocked to find out that I was indeed already asleep.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: July 16, 2022, 09:58:28 pm »

Power-armored John Hammond vs a mass shooter.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: July 16, 2022, 10:16:46 pm »

Spared no expense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4837 on: July 24, 2022, 05:00:21 pm »

I dreamed my house was absolutely overrun with common spiders. However, they were unable to weave spider silk without help. They would take whatever thread I gave them and make their webs with that thread. I gave them threads of many colours, some of which even glowed in the dark, and they weaved beautiful technicolour webs all over the place. Using the house became more difficult as the webs accumulated, because I begrudged destroying any of them if I could avoid it

26/07/2022
Dreamed I was fighting many demons with a glowing sword in hand, until my head was chopped off from a strike behind. My decapitated body swung around and felled this foe, and promptly picked up my head, which was only slightly concussed from the impact onto the floor, as I wore a helmet. I stapled my head onto my neck and held it in place for many days until it had healed, at which point I applied creams to reduce the chance of infection or terrible scarring. I then invested in a helmet which had a neck guard
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 05:16:02 am by Loud Whispers »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: July 28, 2022, 08:05:07 am »

There were too many personal details, but I had a wild 2-parter:

My brother and I "borrowed" a couple of horses to fight animal abuse
I fell back asleep to return the horses because I thought it was real and I was worried about them
While returning the horses I was Raiden from Metal Gear Rising 3 (there is no 2 or 3). 

We stayed too long and dawn arrived.  After some awkward social stuff involving an early-morning bike ride, I was trying to get my brother out of the barn but was confronted by a nearly-bald pugilist.  I refused to fight, barely breaking out of painful joint locks, until he realized I truly didn't recognize him.  He was my former pupil, a cybernetically enhanced warrior-poet with a bitter grudge.  He scornfully let me go while he gathered his team of quirky cyborgs.

So there I was, escaping the farm on the back of the barn which had transformed into a mecha, being strafed by flying cyborgs with very bad aim, trying to operate my phone-function without an XBOX controller.  My ring finger seemed to be the key but I kept scrolling past a call my brother was having with our dad.  The jist of it was "shit's fucked we're all gonna die" "yep Rolan really fucked this one up" "yeah let's see if they fix it again" (bro is cool about pronouns).

Which was nice of them and all, but I'd wasted so much time trying to figure out my systems that I was pretty sure I'd need to load a checkpoint.  Behind the barrage of plasma explosions I saw an expanding dome of blinding white.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: July 28, 2022, 08:09:07 am »

"no descriptions of sex"

Back when I was still a wimpier wimp, I used to be a daydreamer.  It took me four hours to wash one set of dishes.

Reason was, I was born and raised during the early 2000s.  So I was basically imagining my life all day.

So all, day, long.

4 hours to wash dishes.  I might've racked up 2000 hours in childhood just fantasizing.

Then, at the age of about 13 or 14, it got much less dramatic, much less hopeful, mush less lusful.

And then at the age of 18, it disappeared entirely.  I never could do it again without thinking about it hard, mindscape abolished.

And then at the age of 21... efficiency.  Couldn't sleep but four hours every other night if I were brave, but only for a month, but it's efficiency.

And then, for some reason, I lost money.  I was 25 at the time.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4840 on: July 31, 2022, 04:53:12 pm »

Dreamed I was observing the Trojan war. Only this time Patroclus was replaced by Kircheis from LOGH. How peculiar

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: August 02, 2022, 10:33:00 am »

I had the dream again where I chewed on glass and spend the rest of the night spitting rinsing, pulling splinters out of my mouth and generally try to keep loose in order not to push them deeper in.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: August 31, 2022, 04:04:59 am »

Had a dream yesterday that I caught some random kid and his dogs trespassing on my land and I told them to piss off, so the kid and his dogs started to leave through the woods and a few second after they diapering into the trees I hear the dogs and the kid screaming, so I go over there to see what the hell is going on and I find that they're being eaten by a semi truck, and while I did think about shooting the truck but I saw that the dogs were already dead and it was eating the kids legs, so I figured he was pretty much dead and I let it eat him while I went to hide in the house.

Long story short I let some random ass kid and his dogs I didn't know get eaten by a semi truck.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: August 31, 2022, 03:21:41 pm »

I dreamt last night that I was being coronated the Emperor of Space Japan.  During the proceedings I couldn't find my suit, fought off an assassination attempt, and then immediately afterward I had to broker an economic deal with Thebes as well as remind Space France that giving them economic assistance was indebting them to me.  I had to chastise the Thebes representative for wanting to use all the money to just buy his population food for a week, instead of investing it in infrastructure projects.

It's now my new favorite dream.  Previous favorite was Godzilla rampaging through Pittsburg while wearing a President Obama halloween mask.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: August 31, 2022, 03:56:32 pm »

I dreamt last night that I was being coronated the Emperor of Space Japan.  During the proceedings I couldn't find my suit, fought off an assassination attempt, and then immediately afterward I had to broker an economic deal with Thebes as well as remind Space France that giving them economic assistance was indebting them to me.  I had to chastise the Thebes representative for wanting to use all the money to just buy his population food for a week, instead of investing it in infrastructure projects.

It's now my new favorite dream.  Previous favorite was Godzilla rampaging through Pittsburg while wearing a President Obama halloween mask.

Sounds historically accurate...
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 339