Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 579120 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4470 on: May 09, 2020, 01:21:59 pm »

Can relate, my parents were pillar men and I had sleep paralysis.
I'm not merely joking.  Last night was bizarre strange.  Not as horrifying as it sounds, though.
bizarre is a synonym to strange, why strike it out?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: May 09, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »

Because the "Pillar Men" are from an anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.
I struck it out to "not" make the reference, while still making it  ;)

Thinking about it:  If I just said it was bizarre, it would have looked like I was only making a reference.  I wanted to make it clear that the night really was bizarre.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:26:40 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: May 09, 2020, 01:31:38 pm »

Because the "Pillar Men" are from an anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.
I struck it out to "not" make the reference, while still making it  ;)

Thinking about it:  If I just said it was bizarre, it would have looked like I was only making a reference.  I wanted to make it clear that the night really was bizarre.
Ah, ok. I haven’t seen that, and didn’t get the reference. This show has been talked about here for a while, maybe I should give it a watch

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:39 pm »

This is probably the most famous scene, or at least it's all I knew about the show for like... almost a year.  I'm only a couple seasons in to the actual show.  When someone references the pillar men, it's likely because of this scene.  (It's not really a spoiler either)

Warning though: Nazis, Nazis being gruesomely and graphically killed in drawn form, exceptionally beefy people striking poses, and loud music.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwsIHG-vLOQ

Oh huh - I've been binging Dragon Ball Z Abridged...  That's what my parents were!  Not pillar men, but just DBZ-style heroes.  That explains why things weren't awkward or horrifying (I like-like the pillar men).

The sleep paralysis and fake-waking-up still sucked but it could have been worse.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: May 11, 2020, 10:48:00 am »

I only know of the Pillar Men from the references in ITEHATTSD.

"Apparently we're not supposed to deliver Magnus directly to the Palace."
"Then who's coming to get him?"
*pillar men theme starts playing, Fabulous Custodes appear*

*Inquisitor is inquisiting a lady about the "false message from Terra*
"Somebody help me!"
*pillar men theme starts*

"Someone deliver me from this nightmare of a conversation!"
*pillar men theme starts playing*
"No! Not the strippers!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: May 13, 2020, 08:23:49 am »

I was "remembering" some old arcade game cabinet - the kind with the beautiful 16-bit graphical effects - depicting a Warhammer 40k grand strategy between space marine chapters with different ethos.  I was playing the Blood Ravens, who in my imagination were xenos sympathizers (a fanciful notion, despite their... unorthodoxy).  I was almost done typing what I think was an impressive rant about the ignoble fate of the opposing chapters should they attack: lured into xeno territory and destroyed by mixed-unit tactics.  Space marine tactics screening for xenos lostech, brilliant plasma artillery.

It was more of a Stellaris dream, really.  Still not mechanics-accurate, but it was a dream.  Xenophilia Teamwork makes the dream work
She/they

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: May 13, 2020, 12:11:32 pm »

I was in a PE class, and for some reason we were to bring instruments. I ended up bringing 3 guitars, 2 electric, one acoustic. The acoustic one had a screen on it and was lighter than the others. I was about to play it when it turned into a large piano, which I then started playing Hail to the King on, and then I woke up

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: May 20, 2020, 07:35:17 am »

Last night in a dream, everyone I knew was dying. It was as if instantly all oxygen was gone and we all lived just as long as it takes to suffocate. The weird thing was watching the ones that died first and the fact that I was just thinking routine stuff. Then as my body began to struggle to survive, I had to decide what my last thoughts in this life would be. I consciously turned my thoughts to my wife on our wedding day 26 years ago, and to my beautiful two children (all grown up now)... then I died.

I literally just started crying as I typed this. There is meaning in this for me, evidently... I must ponder it.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:04 am »

Last night in a dream, everyone I knew was dying. It was as if instantly all oxygen was gone and we all lived just as long as it takes to suffocate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMAxANavKY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:08 am »

Last night in a dream, everyone I knew was dying. It was as if instantly all oxygen was gone and we all lived just as long as it takes to suffocate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMAxANavKY

Haha! That's relevant.

After pondering, I discovered the answer to my dream's meaning:    42
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: June 08, 2020, 02:35:45 pm »

I had a dream where I was playing a game of badminton with someone; my opponent seemed to be someone famous that I really respected, so I was determined to play as hard as I could to impress them. In the middle of the game I blacked out, and I woke up days later, and told by a doctor that I had a stroke resulting from extreme dehydration and overexertion. Because of this stroke, I was now permanently disabled: I couldn't speak or think nearly as well as I could before, I walked with a limping and clumsy gait, I had no sense of coordination, my facial muscles drooped so I was ugly as sin; my life was just completely fucked.

The dream ended with my going to a Christmas party, but I was just wondering around, looking at all the decorations, lamenting the loss of my future.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: June 08, 2020, 04:20:40 pm »

(2-3 nights ago)
I dreamed I was part of the alt-right and it was hard to leave.  There was a rich heiress who was supernaturally comely. 
Later there was a pair of monuments: a ziggurat and an office park.
I secretly bowed to the ziggurat as I approached the jobs

It didn't change anything.
But I did change a little - very little- later in the dream.
*knife*
She/they

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: June 08, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »

The dream I had 2 nights ago involved me switching from my college dorm room to my room in my house, exiting the college dorm room to a stairway, and when I went down the stairway I found myself in the M9necraft over world with no trees, lots of grass, and a lake. I apparently had a bucket with me and was throwing water into the lake, when I heard my mom ask what I was doing and told me to stop spilling water, and I responded “I’m playing Minecraft” despite me being in the game. Then I woke up as the Minecraft sky started turning grey.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: June 08, 2020, 06:37:31 pm »

Last night had me and my dad playing Ingress by a lake at sunset-
That was reality
The dream was basically the same thing, the two of us playing Ingress through an east-Asian market, hurrying from location to location.  It was good.  I liked being a good heir.

He expressed regret that my Pokemon GO avatar was currently female.  That he wanted to spend more time with me, but that I was too dedicated to the Agenda.
And I wanted to stay with him but he left- I wanted o stay with him but some little detail was keeping us apart.
She/they

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4484 on: June 13, 2020, 07:35:26 am »

People say that the lockdown is giving them weird dreams, but I dreamt last night about a factory that bulk-produces bee urine by making bees sting the inside of lobsters pincers and collecting the urine that stinging lobsters causes bees to produce to sell. So, you know. Business as usual for my dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 339