Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567198 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4140 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:19 am »

Three notable dreams in the last three days.

The first was a dream of a jaded Nicholas Cage hunting vampires & fairies, which culminated in a blood-soaked Nicholas Cage casually interrupting a house party to kill the last vampire.
The second was a dream of a Parisian market in which many mallard ducks were exceptionally friendly and nibbled people's ears if they didn't give them bread or head pats.
The third was walking a bright and empty path surrounded on both sides by black skies and black seas.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: January 11, 2019, 07:57:44 pm »

My dream last night, which had included many exciting scenes such as nocturnal adventures and hilariously fun drug-fuelled hiking trips which I have since forgotten, ended with me going to use a toilet immediately after someone else and finding that they had stunk it up something fierce, then as I took up a bottle of Glen 20 to spray around and kill the odour they raised some other, much-less-nice smelling air freshener and starting spraying that as well, still standing in the open doorway of the toilet for some reason.
It was irritating in the extreme. Then once I finally got rid of them and started pissing it occurred to me that I was asleep and dreaming and I woke up with a start - thankfully, my bladder did me proud and knew better than to let loose even at the height of a toilet dream.

Weird end to what I'm pretty sure was an enjoyable series of dreams. Huh.

The first was a dream of a jaded Nicholas Cage hunting vampires & fairies, which culminated in a blood-soaked Nicholas Cage casually interrupting a house party to kill the last vampire.
Have you seen Mandy? 'Cause I haven't yet, and your subconscious bloody better not have just hit me with spoilers for it. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: January 12, 2019, 02:09:04 am »

Literal eye cancer.
Ye gods
Your imagination needs to calm down. From playful banter with mates to a literal zombie apocalypse complete with rib-cage torso muchers
Ugh.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:26:50 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: January 12, 2019, 03:48:41 am »

Trim the frigging quote, please; it's a literal eye cancer!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: January 12, 2019, 04:07:54 am »

Your face is literal eye cancer.

So there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: January 12, 2019, 04:18:50 am »

Your face is literal eye cancer.

So there.

Yo momma's so ugly, that your father died from eye cancer just from looking at her for more than 5 minutes!

Yo momma's so fat, that Nurgle made her a champion of his, resulting in her body fats turn into cancer cells!

Yo momma's so stupid, that she drank a polonium tea despite the fact that she knew it had polonium in it!

TL;DR: Don't mess with me, or I'll MLG NoScope u, u skr00b.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4146 on: January 15, 2019, 08:57:03 am »

Have you seen Mandy? 'Cause I haven't yet, and your subconscious bloody better not have just hit me with spoilers for it. :P   
Oh yes, saw it a fortnight before I dreamed of Nicholas memes

Ye gods
Your imagination needs to calm down. From playful banter with mates to a literal zombie apocalypse complete with rib-cage torso muchers
Ugh.
The latter half of the dream is like a recurring dream for me, only every time I see it again it gets progressively worse and I have to act differently in each one. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I succeed - in the first dream I had of them I was running down the stairwell, in the latter I was sprinting, in this one only by falling could I outpace the zombies. In the last successful one I had to climb up the stairs to survive, that's where they underwent the second metamorphosis, which also featured the exact same dream plot point of the flesh things breaking through the last door yet to be barricaded, snatching one person and involving myself terrifyingly walking into a room full of two dozen of them. This one however I had to make it to the lowest floor and it's the first specific permutation of this dream sequence where they've undergone 3 metamorphoses. I am unsure what it is supposed to convey besides the warp overtaking me tbh

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: January 19, 2019, 08:00:49 am »

Woke up a couple times (managing to get back into the same dream) from a strange one where I was basically just playing a video game. The game had fairly chunky/blocky graphics somewhat reminiscent of things like Paint the Town Red, although with greater detail. It would generate a world, and then you'd try to live out a role and make money, fairly simple concept... But you could pick from a huge variety of roles such as a store clerk, hairdresser, taxi driver, burglar, or even a mafia hitman.

What became very clear however was that the game was extremely difficult and massively frustrating... The safe jobs didn't pay enough money to meet expenses unless you managed to find whatever secret build order and juggling act would let you perfectly optimize your income, and the criminal jobs only theoretically paid better, because you'd never be able to get away from the infinite and omnipresent arm of the law in order to actually cash in on your dirty work. I'm tempted to believe that my recent playing of RDR2 contributed to the legal system in this dream, because even if you did something flawlessly and dealt with every witness (including the new witnesses that would just get pulled out of the game's ass and spawn inside previously-unoccupied bathroom stalls in order to "see" you killing someone), you'd still end up attracting the full force of the cop spawner and wind up in a chase of "kill or be killed, but even if you kill you'll be hunted for the rest of your life".

I think my hitman run (the last character I played before fully waking up), I was just supposed to take out one dude in a shopping mall (I believe it was some sort of shopping center, but it was also a skyscraped... Vertical mall?). I had a silenced pistol (no idea how exactly, I seem to recall the silencer costing too much for you to be able to buy it as a starting character) and found my target in a bathroom. Perfect, nice and isolated, nobody else around... I pop the dude with one headshot, quickly dump his body into a stall and wipe down the blood smear.

WITNESS! Someone came out of a stall just as I was finishing putting the body away, and I had to shoot him before he started yelling. Put him in with the first body, cleaned mess, time to get out of-

WITNESS! Dammit, someone just walked into the bathroom and saw me looking suspicious. Another bullet, another body. In with the rest of them.

WITNESS! Fuck, this is getting ridiculous. I need to make a break for it.

WITNESS! Suddenly the entire population of this building seems to be magnetically drawn towards this one fucking bathroom. I'm just taking people out as I go along so that nobody will have seen my face, but I need to make it down to the garage and get out of here before the cops show up and start a more detailed investigation. Without an eyewitness for my identity though, I should be fine.

The cops show up in force while someone is dialing 911 (they hadn't finished making the call yet, but that didn't seem to matter), and everyone automatically knows it's me. Shit. Highway chase time!

I managed to swing my way around the first batch of cars and was doing a fair job of handling the chaos, but then a wall of cop cars spawned coming from the opposite end of the highway and just obliterated my car with me in it. Most successful of the runs I'd had, never even completed his first mission.

One of those games that's a complete brick wall to come up against, but you just know that there has to be a golden path for beating the system in there somewhere... So you get progressively more irritated and determined trying to find out what that path might be.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: January 22, 2019, 05:40:10 am »

Went to the bathroom before going to bed, then had a dream where I was going to the bathroom before bed. I flushed and everything went down and the bowl started refilling. Only, the water turned blackish-brown, then something came out from under the rim where the water flows from, too large the have possibly come out from there. I'd say it looked like a piece of blackened wood, certainly bigger than the log I just put down there, except that it was covered in some kind of mushroom or barnacle. I noped the hell out of there because I think I saw them move.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: January 22, 2019, 09:03:38 pm »

I learned in my dream that the next version of DF had been released, but the dream changed to something else before I could download it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: January 23, 2019, 11:16:39 pm »

You know imposter syndrome, and how people often dream of being back in school?
A couple nights ago I dreamed I was hired to fix buses.  I have no idea how to fix buses, but fortunately it never came up.  I just rode along in the back, feeling guilty.

Until one day something did go wrong.  We pulled into a fully stocked garage, in a hurry, and the lady driving gestured at me to get it working.  I opened the hood, kinda stared at the various tubes, and gave her a few helpless looks.  She just stared back, patient but stern, as sirens began howling in the distance.  I reattached a tube and tightened the screwnut, and we leapt in.

The rest of the dream was screaming down the road in a schoolbus full of stolen money, with the cops behind us also driving schoolbuses.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: January 24, 2019, 06:06:14 pm »

The rest of the dream was screaming down the road in a schoolbus full of stolen money, with the cops behind us also driving schoolbuses.
You know, that sounds like a parody of the Magic School Bus. "I knew I should have stayed home today, instead of committing these crimes."
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4152 on: January 25, 2019, 02:19:45 pm »

I was back in my old secondary school rushing in the lunch break to rush some homework due in the next period - meaning I had 45 minutes to finish this two page essay. Walking furiously down the corridor I opened the door with haste and found a cubicle in the library with which to work, my pen furiously scrawling across the lined paper with the intent to survive. When I reached 1 1/2 pages one of my old friends barged in beside me and told me to look at the time - I had 10 minutes to spare. Telling them to go away so I could finish it, they said no, look at the time. It's time to wake up. They repeated this again as I stood up and realised this was just a memory, and I walked down the corridor again, now it was empty, and the dream ended afterwards.

*EDIT
I was in a small boat lost at sea, the waters were fairly gentle, blue and warm, so it was anywhere that wasn't the Atlantic Ocean. The four of us were in high spirits until we began to run out of food and starvation began to take its toll. One of the four suggested out of desperation that we cast lots to see who we ought to cannibalize, I rejected the proposal and offered my left upper arm instead. The dream then ensued in a manner which ensured that when I awoke I had no appetite that day.

The next dream I was some sort of sorcerous construct fashioned in the shape of a deer buck. In the place of a solid body was instead the ghostly blue outline of a deer wreathed in wrappings of glowing blue ink and paper, held together in the shape of this deer by some unknown magical bullshit. I knew not why I existed or who had created me, but I knew that my purpose was to break into a school full of arsehole wizards and retrieve something from one of their top research floors. I didn't know what it was or who I was retrieving it for or what it did, I just felt a compulsion to grab it and go.

My first challenge was making it through the front door, which I managed by just following a quadruplet of students at a leisurely pace. The students seemed too busy to pay the glowing blue literature ghost deer any mind, and the guard assumed I was with the students. The students went to the right towards the commons to continue their revision whilst I turned left to a quiet but important stairwell sitting besides a main one. I trotted up the stairwell without incident and poked my head through the door undetected - with the only issue being that while this stairwell was quieter, it only brought me up two levels when I needed to go up two more.

Things go awry once I try crossing a courtyard and one of the faculty wizards notices me from the other side of the court and shouts to get that bloody deer. While the majority of wizards couldn't be arsed to join this benny hill chase, 3 old wizards did, and they were rapidly accruing a team of elderly and frail hunters on my trail. The elder wizards were unwilling to cast their voodoo magic fire at me whilst I was still in the crowd of wizards, allowing me to rush down 20m of courtyard and corridor into the main stairwell, where I made my way up to the fourth floor. Just before I made it to the 5th, two professor wizards started hurtling voodoo fire at me, which I barely managed to avoid by leaping over the rails down the spiral stairway to the fourth floor.

From there I hurtled through the double doors down the corridor, watched by bemused onlookers, only to realise at the last moment I had been trapped - the corridor had no forks or alternate paths, and I was now facing five wizards to my rear and one wizard in front. Taking my chances with the lone wizard I rushed forward and just barely managed to avoid getting singed to cinders - as the wizard in front of me had to deflect all the hell the wizards behind us both were inadvertently throwing at her.

Rather happy at this turn of events I gallantly fled to the right and up another flight of stairs, at last making it to the fifth floor. There it was positively swarming with angry old wizards and I was within eyeshot of the room containing the thing I needed to pilfer when three wizards grabbed me, and it was all over. A fourth wizard incinerated me and that was that.
After some puzzlement I realised I wasn't actually dead. The fourth wizard waited for all the wizards to clear out until it was just them and two apprentices, who evidently were all working with whoever had sent me. They had burnt most of me, but not all, and it wasn't difficult for them to repair everything they had burned until I was good as new. For a brief moment I thought wizards were not all pricks, but then they gave me the thing by tying it to one of my horns and threw me out of a window, prompting another wild goose chase through the city. The dream ended with the conclusion that all wizards are pricks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:11:36 pm by Loud Whispers »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: January 28, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »

Can't remember the actual point of my dream last night, but it followed some young fellow (possibly school-age) who was cripplingly shy, and eventually the efforts of friends of his to figure out a way to bring him out of his shell.
Jeez, I wonder what that could have been inspired by. ::)

The night before that was even worse - one of my daydreams (that of somehow re-doing my younger years with even a fraction of what I now know) became a real dream.
I was somehow back in highschool and managed to become friends (and potentially more) with one of my handful of crushes from back then.
Thanks, brain, just what I needed to be thinking of.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: January 28, 2019, 04:39:36 pm »

I woke up a few hours late and had to rush to work. I was on the freeway before I realized that I had forgotten my (prescription) glasses. Deciding that I was too late to turn around, I kept going.

Another mile down the freeway and I realized that I had forgotten both shoes and socks. This would not make my day pleasant, but again I figured I could live with it if it meant making it to work.

It was another mile or two before I realized that I had been going the wrong way. Realizing I'd have to turn around anyway, I did so and swung by the house to collect my forgotten items.

No one seemed to notice or care that I was home. I sat at my desk to pull my footwear on, and spotted an article on my computer browser that looked interesting. Something about a Star Wars Galaxies emulated server that was entering its final beta build before full release. I spent some time reading the article.

Eventually I looked at my bedroom window, and realized that I was lying in bed. Checking the time, I had a little less than an hour before my alarm would go off.

Ugh. I hate, hate, hate these sorts of dreams.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 339