Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567238 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4080 on: October 20, 2018, 12:46:55 pm »

Fat Albert is such a jerk
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4081 on: October 20, 2018, 12:53:35 pm »

Fat Albert is such a jerk
I don't get what his problem was either. If he had just let everyone finish the rail climb chances are everyone would've made it to the end before the RYB gang even arrived
What a jerk

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: October 20, 2018, 02:08:42 pm »

I had a dream that me and a friend were murdering people like crazy. Just grabbing them off the street as they were passing by our house, dragging them in and killing them. The house was filling up with bodies til there was almost no room to walk around. We also had some kind of delivery business, and my Mom accidentally delivered some body parts to someone and that alerted the cops to what we were doing. There was a massive manhunt, and I knew that escape was impossible, but I was skulking around in some tall grass trying to evade the cops. All I could think though was "I need to kill myself before I get caught. That's the best and only way to go out." and so I was trying to sneak to a high cliff so I could throw myself off. I woke up before that happened.

I was woken up by the dream, but I had only been asleep for maybe 1-2 hours, and I was just painfully thirsty. This was the highest, most uncomfortable level of thirst I'd felt in a long time. Fortunately I had a jug of water and drank like a half gallon, just til I was completely full on water. I immediately went back to sleep and had a different dream, but I forgot that one, but remembered the first one just fine; it was just so bizarre and memorable.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: October 20, 2018, 02:46:40 pm »

I had the generic not-prepared-for-exam-gonna-fail-at-life dream.

Last time was two months ago. Anatomy exam (which was historically one of my least favorite subjects)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:51 am »

I had an argument with my dad about the music he was playing on the stereo, he thought I disliked his old times musical taste but I was simply trying to not attract the horde of zombies....

Somehow my view transitioned into top-down view of some zombie-defense game and our house was surrounded by two hundred soldiers, concrete barricades everywhere and automatic turrets with machine guns. (The strategy view was very cartoonish, just shapes and dots but I knew what they meant.)

As the horde attacked a typical They Are Billions sight occurred but our house survived the wave pretty well and the barricades were only slightly damaged. I guess kinda happy ending to an otherwise anxious dream, anxious because I felt kinda stressed, probably because of all the horrid amount of meat I have been eating again.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: October 21, 2018, 03:41:03 pm »

Multicross between Naruto, the DC universe, and Worm. Awesome what I remembered of it.

Justice League fighting off evil twins.

Naruto and Sasuke acting as agents in the DC/Worm world, retrieving some kind of weird glowing stone and dropping it down a shaft back to their native world while being pursued by enemy agents.

Taylor Hebert playing golf with her bugs, for some reason...

I wish I remembered more.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: October 21, 2018, 05:22:18 pm »

I was taking a walk and randomly came across the Obama family. They were nice.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: October 22, 2018, 06:15:31 pm »

Just had my first veganism-themed anxiety dream. I feel like this has to be some sort of milestone. :P   

I was woken up by the dream, but I had only been asleep for maybe 1-2 hours, and I was just painfully thirsty. This was the highest, most uncomfortable level of thirst I'd felt in a long time. Fortunately I had a jug of water and drank like a half gallon, just til I was completely full on water. I immediately went back to sleep and had a different dream, but I forgot that one, but remembered the first one just fine; it was just so bizarre and memorable.
That's a pretty badass dream. I imagine it would be rather nerve-wracking, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: October 23, 2018, 04:10:30 am »

I was some character in World Of Warcraft III and I was supposed to do some ultra hard quest for some prophet, everyone in my squad was suspicious of the quest but the prophet promised great life-changing rewards.

The quest involved me swimming trough a very very wavy ocean and picking up something at the very far end of it, sometimes I accidentally submerged under the surface of the water and that was scary. There were even whales, I was kinda scared they would hit me with their tails or something. I picked up the item and my vision turned into a typical World Of Warcraft III cutscene and it revealed that the prophet was fake/corrupted and what I basically did was mark the entire population of a small town for necromancy turning everyone into a zombie. yay.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4089 on: October 23, 2018, 08:52:34 pm »

I had a particularly rage inducing dream, which felt so life-like, I awoke in the morning speaking rather hostilely in a loud whisper "you fucking crazy bastard" before realising it had been a dream and it was the morning

Hotfire90

« Reply #4090 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:31 pm »

My dream was mixture of Cyberpunk and Shadowrun, it started when I entered a vertically built apartment complex that didn't believe in the concept of seperate rooms. I immediately encountered two people who were in trouble for vandalism, they were also members of the resistance which have been conducting guerilla warfare against the local government using improvised weapons and drones, so I joined them and ended up in a team of 7.

I was given the role of the hacker of the group, even though I didn't know how to hack, which according to the team was alright. I decided to not invest my 7 skillpoints into hacking, but rather to handle the communication aspect of the team. We were waiting to be assigned a mission, so we geared up, readied ourselves, wandered around the city and watched quite a lot of people die by getting run over by trains and boats, and then we got ambushed a while later, one of our team member was taken hostage by our ambushers. I decided to resolve the hostage situation by swapping hostages, me in return for the other team member, by doing this I was giving my team the best chances of surviving the ambush since I only had a pistol and didn't have much experience in combat, they happily accepted and me and the person holding me hostage started to leave, which was quite fine, I wouldn't want to be hurt in the ensuing gunfight, that'd be terrible.

I awaken to find myself in a decrepit wasteland with my body having turned into a mutant boar-like abomination. I was given a 5 minute time limit to collect some money and to kill 150 enemies or I would die, so I started killing the mutant wildlife, that was suddenly appearing and attacking, me with my combat tentacles and inbuilt gatling guns, all the time while some stone heads were firing lasers at me. Once I completed my tasks, those same stone heads were talking to me, instructing me to kill my former team members, I tried to contact them at this point, which caused a pod to land on the heads, destroying them. The boss head appears, opens up a ravine and threatens to kill me if I don't kill my former team members.

I awaken to find myself in a laboratory amongst the corpses of the hostage takers, I was still a mutant boar-like abomination with combat tentacles and inbuilt gatling guns and I took the moment to think out loud that they required someone intelligent for the procedure or else the resulting boar abomination would be mindless, and that they should've picked someone that shared their allegiance and not a hostage. At this point I'm informed by my communication device that my team effortlessly dealt with the ambushers. (Way to go team, it's not like you could've rescued me or something.) It took a long time for me to meet up with my team as I didn't communicate with them using the communication channel in fear of the boss head listening to it and finding out that I wasn't going to kill them, but eventually we meet up and make plans to destroy the boss head.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: October 24, 2018, 12:36:17 am »

bad bad bad dreams about bad bad bad shit tonight, dont care for it at all
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: October 24, 2018, 01:15:24 am »

As I tried to fall asleep last night, my phone rang.  It was mom, weird.  I answered it.. but she couldn't hear me.
There was no phone in my hand.  I was in the sleep-apnia place, seeing and feeling but dreaming.  And yet I could sense her, right behind my back, standing over my bed.  As usual with sleep-apnia, an overwhelming but unspecific terror forced me awake.

It happened at least once more, though it was some random young woman instead.  I even saw her in the corner of the room, lit by the blinking router.  It was okay until I realized that I was in my room and in bed, meaning that it was sleep-apnia again.  Noticing my paralysis.  I jolted myself awake again, with considerable effort.  It was awful enough that she stood there, but what if she had come closer...
...eyes?

It's just weird, I haven't had that happen in a while.  Something I ate, maybe.  Woke up exhausted, even sore.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: October 24, 2018, 03:49:02 am »

Ah right, it was hidden but I remember it.

It was another wooden structure, like the barn from my childhood.  Hopping along planks.

But then several layers up in this dream-barn.  Many.  To the point that we climbed the ladders together, and looked out of the unfinished tier, and saw the peaks of evergreens.

And a few trees grew taller still, and one of them had a rope ladder hanging down.  And I climbed it, because what else do you do in a dream?

I... wish I could remember what happened at the wooden platform at the top of the highest evergreen.  But I don't remember.  I think it was mechanically unimportant, spiritually meaningful.

But then I had to descend, crawling down a rope ladder a hundred feet above the ground.  It was terrifying.  But only the initial part, leaving the platform for the ladder.  Once I was on the rungs, it wasn't so bad.

It was that idea/threat of terrifying emptiness, void without measure, but I clung to the ladder and the journey was worthwhile.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: October 28, 2018, 04:07:05 am »

The first dream was kinda meta: I woke up (in the dream) and went to the kitchen without dressing up myself, cuz reasons. There, on a dining table, was laying a decapitated head of some long-haired brunette woman. I was talking with her about... something, then I've noticed that the head started slowly shrinking and decaying, until it finally turned into a skull with dried up eyeballs, and the hair still somehow being attached to the skull. End of the first dream.

The second dream was even weirder, but I kinda forgot most of the details: I was playing some XCOM-like strategy game, discussed the threat of WMDs with my mother, and even got kidnapped by aliens. End of the second dream.

I also want to add that I don't remember most of my dreams, unless they're surreal enough, like that dream with Ronnie James Dio I had a while ago. So yeah, I'm kinda happy that I finally got dreams worth (half) remembering.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 339