Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569119 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3975 on: August 04, 2018, 11:17:51 pm »

It was about a video game, so...

Basically, it was a multiplayer game with the players split into two teams. It was in 3D, but with simple-ish graphics. Every player's character is highly customizable, and special abilities require "Energy" to function. The energy is acquired by building... I don't remember the name, but it looked like a little tower with a lightning bolt on top. I'll call them generators. They automatically charged up players near them. Players could fight with customizable weapons and special abilities. There were also research buildings that could be used to unlock improved generators, turrets, etc. There was also resource mining. If you die, you go into spectator mode for the rest of the match, and the battles were to the last team standing. So, here's what I can remember of the plot:

The match started. I was what looked like a hybrid of a cat and a fighter jet that required energy to fly. I was on the red team. I was quickly building generators and telling some of my Steam friends to guard our base (It was a Steam game, presumably). Then I charged up, took off, and started shooting up the enemy with lasers. It was an exceedingly quick attack. A few passes later, I accidentally crashed into a mountain, creating an impressive crater (there's also destructible terrain!), but survived with all of my energy drained and 10% of health left. I walked back to the base and someone with a medic ability healed me up. Some of the other people went to the enemy base on foot. But the enemy researched a robot factory that produced AI-controlled robots that assaulted our base. We have researched turrets by that time. I took off and strafed the robots with... I think bombs? I had bombs. The rest were destroyed by the turrets, but not before destroying a few of our generators and killing some noob who decided to melee the whole swarm. We received the notification that the enemy has researched nukes, and launched a mass assault before they nuked us, leaving some of our guys to research nukes. A missile fell onto the mountain 4 of my teammates were on, and killed them, in the process blowing up half of the mountain. I flew to their base and found out that they only had one uranium deposit, and it was completely drained. We had 5. I was shot down by someone with a long-range sniping ability (didn't notice that I flew too close to the mushroom cloud and got damaged). I signaled it to the chat before getting killed. There was lots of fighting, trenches were dug, until eventually there were only two people left from each team. They were attempting to snipe each other from a long distance, and 2 minutes later, the red sniper managed to kill the blue one with 1% HP left. The dream ended.

Someone, make this. If not, I will once I learn how to code for crap. Also cross-posted to "Games you wish existed".

Also, the dream then smoothly transitioned into an Undertale dream, which I don't remember very well, except it was creepy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:16:18 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: August 05, 2018, 04:14:12 pm »

Recently I had a dream that it was a December already, I woke up and realized it is still summer. But I still feel like I slept trough half of the year even when that is not the reality.

Now my dreams keep have some reoccuring theme of passage of time and I keep getting older than I am in those dreams.

I am now more aware of my faster perception of passing days, am I scared of getting older?

I just turned 18, already gonna be living with no parents in September, home alone.
Already got job opportunities, I just dunno... I feel like I might not have time to just do nothing like I always did as a teenager.

I just feel like things might be not the same after I focus 100% on this job..., right now it feels amazing, the independence but for how long...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: August 06, 2018, 02:10:46 pm »

I was in a cooking competition and I couldn't finish my dish within the timeframe I was off by like 5 seconds.

It was probably still good though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: August 06, 2018, 11:38:18 pm »

I was developing a simple platformer and it somehow ended up turning into a side-view extremely complex roguelike by the end of the dream because I was endlessly tacking on features. Pretty tame by the standards of my dreams.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:41:29 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: August 07, 2018, 02:11:24 am »

I dreamed that I was in training again
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3980 on: August 07, 2018, 02:39:48 am »

I dreamed I was stuck in a small Spanish town fending off an invasion of moderately slutty vampires. The doors were bolted shut, the windows shut, shutters pulled down, everything shut down - naturally things would still get fubar'd, resulting in a last ditch effort to locate and defeat the head Vampire to save the village. To make matters worse, the Vampires did not have fangs, they had mosquito proboscis, which rapidly turned things from arousing to nightmare fuel in the span of a few seconds. 9/10 would dream sequel, -1 because disappointing lack of references to From Dusk till Dawn

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: August 07, 2018, 05:19:47 pm »

when you go to bed tonight, just think of power stakes and garlic grenades.

and the sweet, sweet look of selma hayek with a snake and not much else on.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: August 07, 2018, 05:43:56 pm »

I dreamed I was stuck in a small Spanish town fending off an invasion of moderately slutty vampires. The doors were bolted shut, the windows shut, shutters pulled down, everything shut down - naturally things would still get fubar'd, resulting in a last ditch effort to locate and defeat the head Vampire to save the village. To make matters worse, the Vampires did not have fangs, they had mosquito proboscis, which rapidly turned things from arousing to nightmare fuel in the span of a few seconds. 9/10 would dream sequel, -1 because disappointing lack of references to From Dusk till Dawn

More or less like this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3983 on: August 08, 2018, 08:33:50 am »

Absolutely D E C A D E N T and I M P E R I A L
But yes, like that

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: August 09, 2018, 02:20:23 am »

I've played some weird VR, Dark Souls-esque game with a first-person view in this dream: While traversing some grim and spooky area with an ashen ground and randomly scattered torches (which are pretty much checkpoints, but aren't functioning like bonfires, oddly enough), I was constantly attacked by some Giant with a burned and dried black skin. Eventually, I discover that I need to win a bossfight against three Giant brothers and went after them: The area of the said bossfight is a colossal round table, which also had an elevator as a mean to access the surface of it. Once I arrive at the top of it, the Giant brothers come out from a pitch darkness, ready to fight me... Or rather toy with me, since all what they did is poking, softly pinching, and playing action figures with me. But once I cut off a hand of one of the Giants, the real shit has begun: The Giants to the left and to the right grabbed me with their fingers by my arms, holding me in the air. Of course, I've tried to escape their grasps to no results, and so the Giant in the center (probably the oldest brother) started to forward his head towards me, then he opened his mouthful of weirdly human-like teeth and bit my head off. The dream has ended after that, and I woke up with my bladder full of urine to pee away (in the toilet, of course!).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »

I had a fukkin ridiculously detailed dream and it was not lucid and it made me sad. Everyone was sad at the end.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: August 11, 2018, 03:40:30 pm »

My mother and I were calmly discussing whatever had been going on earlier in the dream, walking outside to the edge of our/her front yard as we spoke.
It was nighttime, and the house we were at appeared to be quite loosely based on at least one of the houses we've lived in over the years. Not sure if I was living there or just visiting, but it's hardly relevant to the story.

At this point one of the cats approached us through the darkness, meowing. After he kept this up for a moment, as though trying to get my attention, I became concerned - that cat is usually quite aloof, only really meowing when it's either feeding time or he wants to be let outside (which is often because he's pretty grouchy).

Getting worried, I went closer to him and he kept pace, seemingly leading me somewhere. I followed him inside and to a mirror, where I realised what he wanted - help with his magical girl cosplay.
I chuckled with relief (and bemusement) upon discovering it wasn't anything life threatening, but soon realised the cat was quite upset about the difficulties he was experiencing.

We looked at (I'm guessing he showed me, not sure how though) a variety of photos of various human cosplayers attempting similar costumes. I pointed out that his was already considerably better than some of them, and that he was already doing really freaking well considering he was a cat, but he wasn't satisfied and wanted to make his costume even better.

So far, from what I remember he was basically just a black cat wearing a blue (or possibly teal) dress and somehow emulating a human pose.
I should mention that he didn't really look like the cat I thought he was earlier in the dream. It's possible that he was just really good at disguising himself, but then again it's entirely possible that he was a different cat from sometime in the past, or perhaps a fictional one entirely. 'Twas a dream, after all.

Anyway, I can't remember quite what pointers I gave him. I think mostly just teasing up his fur to make it look more dramatic? I don't know, memory's getting a bit hazy, I actually went back to sleep after this dream. I think the dream ended while we were still there in front of the mirror.

Tl;dr: I helped my cat with his magical girl cosplay.

I figured this dream was short (I believe that was the only part I could remember, even when I first woke up) and simple enough that the gist of it would be easy to remember (I mean, the tl;dr pretty much says it all, right?), so I decided to go back to sleep rather than recording it immediately.

I had at least one other dream in the interim (kind of interesting, with girls and witches and a murder mystery and a coven of witches and park benches and human sacrifice and sassy, sentient crystal balls), but eventually I found myself back where I started, in the front yard of that fictionalized family home, talking to my mother, at night.

I started excitedly telling her about my dream from earlier, since it was a pleasant dream and involved the cat. She cut me off as I started, complaining that my mentioning the cat's name would get him excited. I had no idea why she would find that upsetting.
Sure enough, I think I heard him somewhere in the darkness, so I turned in my seat and called him. He came trotting over through the shadows, but bizarrely, my mother became angry about this and tried to chase the cat back inside.

There was a bit of a commotion in the dark ahead of me and I demanded, feeling quite shocked and confused by this, "what did you do?!"
"Gave him a smack," was my mother's reply.

I jumped up from whatever I'd been seated on. I was seriously WTF-ing at this point, not to mention angry, but it got worse.
My mother continued chasing the cat, who I got the feeling was as bewildered by all this as I was (he hadn't fled very far), and through the darkness I was pretty sure I saw her even throwing a kick at him.
I joined in the chase, pursuing my crazed female parent into the house whilst shouting at her to stop.

Everyone rushed inside and she managed to catch the cat in the kitchen (which appeared to be based more clearly on her current house), dragging him up onto one of the benches to rain blows upon him.
Her expression was manic as I rushed to put a stop to this, and as she changed her grip on the poor feline to grab him about the neck, seemingly to break it or strangle him, I feared I would be too late.

I finally cleared the kitchen floor and slammed into her, possibly fist-first. My mother turned on me, and it was around this point I realised it was a dream. Her face was demonic, eyes blazing and her mouth twisted out of all proportion into this wide slash filled with huge, white fangs that might have seemed cartoonish if they weren't so terrifying, and with clawed hands she grasped at my neck.

Having realised it was a dream, I frantically tried to wake myself up, something I can usually do without much difficulty. It was taking some time, though, and as her newfound fangs prepared to tear out my throat I had no choice but to headbutt my demon-mother in the face. Twice. Three times.
Funnily enough, my neck was still sore even in the dream from the headbanging I did last night, and I began to doubt whether I'd be able to fend her off long enough, but then finally I wrenched myself back to wakefulness, chest pounding.
Huh. I guess even dreams that you know are dreams can still be frightening.

Tl;dr: I began to tell my mother about my earlier dream, but she got bizarrely mad at the cat and chased him, seemingly going onto a berserk rage and trying to strangle the poor cat, and when I stopped her she turned on me, apparently having become some sort of horrifying demon with fangs and claws.
I kept her at bay with a series of headbutts until I could wake myself up.

It is now 6:41 in the morning, so I hope at least someone enjoys these bizarre dreams.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: August 11, 2018, 09:40:34 pm »

One from a few months ago, but I wasn't really posting here at the time and I rarely remember to type them up after I wake up, though I did, in this case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: August 12, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »

Quote from: mostly-remembered dialogue snippet from one of this morning's dreams
"I've been told that there's nothing I did in my forties that wasn't self-destructive."

"That may be so, but you were just practicing for your fifties."

The first speaker was John Birmingham, that guy who wrote one truly great book, a couple of good books and a whole bunch of utter trash.
I think this fragment of dream began with me reading an article on him, or perhaps the blurb of a rather biographical book (or maybe even just an 'about the author' note), which described him as being terribly hungover, wearing a white bathrobe, having a film of the previous night's alcohol of choice visibly discolouring his teeth and having his hair styled into short dreadlocks for some reason.
Once it gave that basic description, the dream just stuck with him for a while as he went about his day, although I think there was still other stuff going on simultaneously in the part of the dream that included me.
Or maybe it just returned to that scene after a bit. I guess he could have been visiting the weird shop I was in for some reason.

Anyway, that wasn't even the most interesting part of my dreams by far. Unfortunately, though, it's the one I remember most clearly.
I think, earlier in that particular dream I was visiting family (in a house from years ago that they haven't lived in for a long time) and a certain branch of the family tree whom I do my best to avoid all contact with showed up, adopting the house as a base of operations for some nefarious scheme they were involved in.

I am unsure if it was highly illegal or just morally objectionable in the extreme, but either way I was highly uneasy.
I think it involved either the illicit sale of (possibly stolen) pets or prostitution. Dunno. Whatever the case I left there as soon as I could and went into town instead, though what town was attached to that house in this muddled-up dream I cannot say for sure.

That whole dream occured after I'd first woken up this morning, having dozed off again whilst pondering my earlier, more-exciting dreams - which I sadly could remember barely anything about, even back then when I first awoke.
I'm pretty sure there was lust, greed, fraud, adultery, skullduggery, True Love and murder and most everything in between, though. That dream (or dreams?) seemed to have it all.
The penultimate scene even had one character, having discovered the horrifying depths of one of the main schemer's treachery - his own brother, I believe, or at least a relative - snatched snatch the guy's pistol and shoot him through the head with it, before leaving with tears streaming down his face.

Pretty dramatic, huh?! I just wish I could have remembered more of what led to that potent scene. Alas! Hopefully writing down what little I could remember helps me train myself to capture more of future dreams.
I really should get a dedicated dream journal to keep right beside my bed, though.

Edit: fixed a typo. There are probably more.
Happens at the best of times when recording dreams shortly after waking, and this phone keyboard is a real pain.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:48:18 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: August 13, 2018, 07:29:55 am »

You know the classic sleep-apnia dream where you're paralyzed in bed, and you feel someone approaching you?  Maybe even see someone staring at you?

Weird reversal this time.  I was some sort of teenage delinquent hacker, messing around with a VR program of a mansion at night.  Everything black&white in the darkness.  I came across a room with a huge bed, and a sleeping figure.  I was about to move on when the room started to glow a strange crosshatched red, and I stopped still.  I very slowly turned my head, and saw the girl in the bed - the Yandere Sim girl.  One glowing eye was cracked open, lighting the room, but I wasn't spotted yet...  I stayed perfectly still, not daring to breathe.

But she kept waking up anyway, the room growing redder and the walls groaning.  I could see her pupil jerking about, scanning the gloom, finally landing on me.
And she just stared right at me, and I at her.  I was sure that if I moved at all, she'd jumpscare me.  But I started to realize that her wide-eyed expression wasn't *just* anger...  It was terror as well.  And why wouldn't it be?
I ripped off the VR helmet and woke up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 339