Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569096 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3960 on: July 22, 2018, 10:59:29 pm »

Dreamed I was an intern at an archaeological dig site. We were excavating an "early 21st century public outdoor swimming pool." We were banking on there having been rebar in the concrete around the pool and in the building, and the place having a metal fence instead of wood, and it was my job to carry a big metal detector thing around trying to map out the perimeter of the site. If that failed we would have to resort to just digging down gradually until we came across the remains of post holes or fragments of plastic or concrete that may have survived. At the center of the dig site we had already unearthed most of the pool itself, which had been disturbed at some point and had severe damage along one side but was otherwise in remarkably good condition. Another team was trying to find the remains of the pump machinery that kept the water clean and could fill or empty the pool as needed. We knew that there had been houses surrounding the site before as well, but these were of little interest, and civilization had long since moved away from the site - nothing was visible but a broad plain with brownish grass and random little copses of trees here and there.

I didn't spend very long working before the boss of the dig had an announcement for everyone. He had an extremely loud voice that sounded like it was amplified by a bullhorn, despite not actually carrying one, and told us that to celebrate our wild success we would be having a 'period accurate' pool party with all expenses paid by 'the company.' The dream skipped ahead, and I found myself standing outside a huge blocky building with giant TV screens plastered with ads all over it. I stepped inside, and found myself inside the admissions area for my local pool. I showed the man in the booth my company ID badge, and he let me through the turnstyles to a replica of the place we were excavating, with a 10-ft wooden privacy fence around the perimeter that I knew was there to preserve the illusion and looking just like a warm summer day. Nothing really worth commenting on happened at the party but I do remember most of it and 'had a good time' while I was there. Plus as futures to live in go this one is definitely on the nicer side.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: July 23, 2018, 01:20:57 am »

Some madness about riding my bike through a commercial mall that turned into getting lost in a sort of apartment building and bumbling around. Next thing i know im responsible for figuring out why an apartment caught on fire, and talking to an insurance agent, then two more apartments catch fire. Then the apartment complex is on the side of an ancient alien megastructure a couple miles long and weve woken up the robotic defense systems that were now obliterating the city outside. Then one of them saw me and the few other people in the "apartments" through a window, and they started blowing the place to pieces as we all ran.

Then there was some other weird dream about a small island community and a pissed off king and priest killing each other or something and then the spanish came and declared our awesome glass pyramid a sacred catholic church or something idk.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:20 am »

I remember that it involved rats killing an evil Dwarven King for me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: July 24, 2018, 08:49:46 am »

Coming off three days at the beach, 2 3-hour car rides and then a night of DND together, I dreamed about my friend group.  We were an oddly British street gang surviving the early days of a zombie apocalypse by looting food from places.  Mostly pizzas.  We had *so* much food, and somehow were able to eat it all and drive off to loot more.  At one point we raided the Eiffel Tower.

Then the zombie part ended, and we were just raiding food from an old folks' home.  But while we were being really punk-edgy and spouting memes, and stealing their pizzas, nobody seemed to mind.  In fact, I realized they were putting the pizzas out for us.  I also noticed that we weren't actually vandalizing anything, just talking about it a lot.

We were doing performance art for a bunch of old folks in exchange for pizza (:

Later I managed to sneak on a rocketship and hang out on the ISS for a while, that happens sometimes.  Always trippy, space is scary but exciting.  Claustrophobic yet of incomprehensible size.

Edit:  I think my subconscious has given up on subtlety, heh.  My dreams usually have pretty clear meanings to me (thanks to my personal context).  Not immediately, though, only a few hours later when I review my words.  Once I'm fully free of the dream-mindset, all the symbolism is painfully obvious.

That's not a bad thing.  Healthy communication with my subconscious is good.  Failure or unwillingness to listen leads to the... disturbing dreams.  Attention-grabbing.

It's given up on subtlety, or I've just learned to interpret it.  I do lucid dream a lot, and that is a skill...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:13:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: July 24, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »

I don't usually memorable have a sensory-prominant dream. It's mostly sound and vision. Last night, though I had a particularly vivid dream that at one point had a... kind of a raspberry-fruit and custard infused flapjack, at one point. Not something I'd necessarily go for (I like raspberry flavour, but the raspberries themselves in puddings of various kinds are texturally awkward, I find, and custard is ok to slop over things, just isn't a filler I like in my cakes and buns and doughnuts, etc) but it was the most divine thing to eat.

I had a couple of the slices/pieces on my plate, along with some other related foodstuffs, and was a bit behind the eating schedule of other people, so as the serving tray came round again (still with more slices for the taking round, but depleted) I was reluctantly indicating that I shouldn't take seconds right now, but was hoping that there'd be some left still by the time I'd sufficiently munched my current plate-load down to make it more polite to add more to it.

As I recall, I didn't.

I also had a lot of experience with water. Some strange water spraying, at one point, and being atop a sea-wall/dyke being subtly overtopped by the extreme tops of the waves, and it was wet in both cases, adding tactile elements to the taste (and probably smell) of the other part. (And, no, I wasn't dying for a piss when I awoke, nor found that I must already have been until 'whoops!'. Nor was it the other type of wet dream. Sometimes a dream about water is just a dream about water...)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: July 24, 2018, 07:43:50 pm »

I dreamed about a gang of thieves ebing tasked to take care of an angel who wanted tp taste the life of a low-life. Another angel explained to the boss of the thieves by pointing to a particularly ugly caterpillar and asks him whether he ever wondered what it felt like to be such a lowly thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: July 25, 2018, 12:52:57 pm »

Was really drunk on the train coming home from somewhere and bumped into Piecewise, of all people.
Not sure how I recognised him considering he wasn't a skeleton, but we launched into an animated conversation (possibly fueled by further consumption of alcohol and/or drugs) and began plotting something, I believe.

Then I fell asleep or got distracted and missed my stop (I think PW did too) and wound up having to walk a fair distance alongside a reasonably busy road, towards a bus stop or a different train line or some shit.
Suddenly, through my drunken stupor I realised that I was wearing pyjamas. My slippers, grey tracksuit pants and a red jacket that isn't technically actual sleepwear. Shortly after this horrifying realisation, whilst shambling along past the endless streams of traffic and attempting to make my outfit somehow look less embarrassing (turns out I don't wear normal shoes under my slippers even in a dream, bummer), I woke up for real, much to my relief.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: July 25, 2018, 01:09:56 pm »

What even is a 300 dollar bill. With red ink.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: July 25, 2018, 01:18:29 pm »

Another two days, another pair of awesome hyper realistic existentially terrifying nightmares. One involved being on the run from the FBI and the other was being trapped in a supernatural dungeon and fighting a vampire lord and a FLAMING FUCKING DRAGON.

Dafuq brain.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: July 26, 2018, 01:58:16 am »

As if facehuggers weren't bad enough, now the xenomorphs have ovipositors. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: July 27, 2018, 03:38:49 am »

I was trying to control some puppies with my air-conditioner's remote.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: July 27, 2018, 03:39:53 am »

But did it work?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: July 27, 2018, 05:21:33 am »

But did it work?
Iunno, I spent forever trying to pair them on Bluetooth first but that kept accidentally pairing with my iPad instead. (Happens a lot IRL)

I probably should've used the latest iKibbles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: July 27, 2018, 06:22:26 am »

Dogs have pretty good API, especially the most recent models.  The cat API is... fun.  All methods are supposed to have 0 effects, but you can influence behavior through glitches and persistence.  Unless there's more than one cat, in which case it's all race conditions.

I dreamed I was a young noble in Fallen London, sheltering a friend who'd been at the crux of a storyline.  His life was in danger, he needed to leave for the surface - a trip that most Londoners couldn't survive, but he hadn't been "killed" yet.  I revealed that I hadn't either, and would go with him to the surface, at least briefly.  It was going to be a grand adventure.

But a mob formed outside our Handsome Townhouse, inspired by lies and bribes to kill him.  They didn't want any trouble with my family, only my guest.  Cursing the lack of secret exits, I drew my blunt rapier and promised that we would see the surface, or die trying.

Then we engaged the other... LARPers.  It was awkward (as always) because you're supposed to judge what counts as a real hit on yourself, in the middle of chaotic fighting.  Also my sword was apparently waaay too long, which I thought was only fair for 2 nobles versus a mob, but fiiiiine.  I unscrewed several sections until it was more like a dagger.  I think we were supposed to lose.

However, IRL last night I did learn that Fallen London's Bazaar recognize moirrails as "touching love stories", and this was an excellent depiction of that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: July 27, 2018, 09:02:43 am »

GG Allin was a literal CHUD.
There was a bunch of other stuff I don't really remember, probably involving other types of mutants and/or monsters, but I just thought that was really fitting.
You can't leave us hanging like that, dude. What did GG do?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 339