Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569067 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3855 on: April 13, 2018, 04:14:42 pm »

Had a dream in which a malevolent demon was let loose somehow. She was initially trapped in something that wound up in a carnival ride outside a shopping mall, and ate everyone that was in that ride and much of the people in the surrounding area. She had this power to summon tentacles to drag people back into her dimension where she would eat them, but the radius in which she could manifest was limited by how many people she had so far consumed. For a while half the island was quarantined to avoid feeding her and unmanned humanoid mechs like jagers were employed to try to find a way to diminish her power.
Somehow this quarantine was breached or her area of effect moved, because she got hold of a family driving along a road outside the quarantine zone, and from there jumped into the city on the island and she just started eating everybody and nothing could stop her
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: April 13, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »

Had a dream in which a malevolent demon was let loose somehow. She was initially trapped in something that wound up in a carnival ride outside a shopping mall, and ate everyone that was in that ride and much of the people in the surrounding area. She had this power to summon tentacles to drag people back into her dimension where she would eat them, but the radius in which she could manifest was limited by how many people she had so far consumed. For a while half the island was quarantined to avoid feeding her and unmanned humanoid mechs like jagers were employed to try to find a way to diminish her power.
Somehow this quarantine was breached or her area of effect moved, because she got hold of a family driving along a road outside the quarantine zone, and from there jumped into the city on the island and she just started eating everybody and nothing could stop her

The great thing about the open ending here is that it leads directly into your sigtext. THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD.

Sounds like a pretty cool dream!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: April 13, 2018, 07:47:33 pm »

I wish, to me it seemed to end in the apocalypse. But my dog woke me up anyway...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3858 on: April 16, 2018, 09:05:53 am »

Dreamed I was sleeping on the tracks of an underground railway. The whole logic of the dream was that for as long as I slept calmly, and did not move a limb, every train that passed over me would do so harmlessly - only if I rolled onto a rail would I meet the unfortunate force of a train and its wheels. Many times I was tested, with the coming of trains, rats by my ear, yet never did I restlessly steer onto the tracks, in that dark and dinghy dream. Things went on just fine until a train on an adjacent track pulled the brakes, filling the air with the most horrendous screech of iron scraping iron, which woke me up from my sleep within my dream. I subsequently sought a better place to sleep, but there was no immediate exit I could see, and I could see very little at all and was so very tired. Thus I went back to sleep on the tracks, and woke up.

*EDIT
18/04/2018
I remember little about this dream, except that it seemed like a cross between Austin Powers and James Bond - with the most memorable bits being when the Dr. Evil boss told an awful joke telling one of his henchmen to overkill himself, which incensed the henchmen and spurred him to fire a rocket at me. The dream ends with me searching for an available hotel room after jumping into a river, it was an incoherent mess but a delightful dream nonetheless
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:34:26 am by Loud Whispers »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3859 on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:12 am »

I don't know if this qualifies as a nightmare, but it came damn close.

For some reason I was in a bathroom, a public one, with stalls. There was a minotaur in there as well, not really sure why. I asked him to kill me. First, I heard my neck cracking, so I wiggled it around but it was still there. An instant later, something hit my gut, and everything went black.

So I thought to myself, I'm dead, huh.

Then I saw myself, or rather, the side of my head. The head of my corpse.

There had been a curse placed on me. Some sort of black magic, or something. I couldn't die, ever. But I tried.
Blade of the Immortal II

*EDIT
19/04/2018
Dream highly alarming. Dreamed the news was saying Keanu Reeves died, woke up alarmed, but in reality, Keanu Reeves is fine
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:57:42 am by Loud Whispers »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: April 23, 2018, 02:20:08 pm »

I had a dream where a lot of family members that live out of state were in my house when I woke up just sort of going about business as if on a regular visit.

However, my wife couldn't see any of them, and they all talked in vague gibberish. I came to the conclusion that I was hallucinating, and then I woke up.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:46 am »

I dreamed I was a hero's sidekick.  I was left to "handle" the villain's sidekick, but his power involved summoning holographic dance pads.  We agreed to play awkward dream-DDR rather than fight.

Later I was approached by a sad kid who seemed very familiar.  They wanted to thank me for saving them a couple years earlier, but I couldn't remember.  They turned into a brother and sister and told me it was okay, but that I needed to run.  I needed to run *now*.  They called me by first name, calm yet frighteningly insistent.  I ran, summoning a door in a nearby wall (my power, apparently).  That chilling feeling of being pursued, again...

Oddly the dream didn't end, though.  I found my way into a courtroom where, for my good deeds, I was offered the opportunity to be physically transformed into my favorite video game hero, or apparently heroine.  I was terrified, the judge was surprised but professional.  Her honor had me pick up a telephone receiver, which woke me up at 4:30AM, very confused.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3862 on: April 28, 2018, 06:23:40 am »

Dreamed I was in a science team of six people, four of which were going up to the northern coast of Britain on a dark and foreboding night, while the other two remained in correspondence over radio. On a fine, gravelly beach, an argument brewed between the largest of the science team, a hoarse voiced East London Englishman whose neck was swallowed in fat, but was beneath all the fat rather burly like a rugby player, versus some less burly bloke whose North English accent sounded like it'd come from someone recently emigrated from America. The fight turned exceptionally ugly, it seemed the burly geologist did not intend to cause lasting harm to the emigrant, who certainly did - with the result being that the burly one ended up getting killed, and the body mangled with a shovel, which itself is broken by the destructive forces of the murder.
Panicked, they intended to hide the body by the coast, but they had a problem in that the digging tools were all being held by the other two co-workers. Cue the murder going up to the other two co-workers, trying to act non-suspiciously to requisition their tools, aware that even in the dark one could kinda make out the dead body's outline if they just looked at it right. One of the coworkers, an elderly man in his early 70's of mixed Jamaican-Indian heritage, helpfully offered to study his sample together, his helpfulness ignoring all protests to the contrary. He walks all the way up and discovers the dead body, confirming his former co-worker is dead, and then plonks the shovel down. Looking at the murderer, the murderer looking at the shovel, the elderly man concocts a tail about how the their co-worker was struck by lightning, and about how to make it seem so. Their third co-worker, she goes up to the victim, observes it and then heads off to the coast to go vomit.

The three of them unite in conspiracy and steal all of the victim's work, all for their own various motives. When they move to a regional conference to accept their awards and mourn their dead colleague, things start going awry when they start dying one by one to various improbable electrical faults. It becomes apparent that they're either as unlucky as someone struck by lightning or they're being haunted. The elderly scientist man watches one of his colleagues get electrocuted on a malfunctioning car and lamppost when he too gets hit by a car, but after some screaming, he realizes the car bonnet is plastic and he's actually fine. The car nearly bisects him on a wall before he does a sick leg raise and calmly walks away. He receives a call on his phone but accidentally drops it right before it explodes.

This continues onwards for a while with the old man laughing as death gets increasingly frustrated at its inability to take him out. He continues prolonging this for 6 days, getting all of his life affairs in order, having heartfelt conversations with his grandkids, before deciding to die comfily in a warm bathtub

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: April 28, 2018, 08:36:17 pm »

Had a bunch of dreams last night, but in the one I remember the most of I was visiting some entirely fictional friends of mine, who I believe were a married couple, possible with a kid. I was talking to the man (who was very large of stature and possibly cybernetically augmented in some way) whilst his wife operated a sewing machine nearby, and suddenly, whether due to a mechanical malfunction, distraction or their kid somehow getting in the way, there was a freak accident where the machine broke and my friend was struck in the face and eye, seemingly by either sewing thread or parts of the machine.

This was of course concerning, but we applied first aid and a bunch of stuff happened that I can't remember. I think maybe we were coworkers? I don't know. Anyway before too long the guy was fitted with a robotic eye to replace his ruined one. It seemed to work perfectly, although as the dream continued and we went about our business he began to complain at times of seeing things that weren't there. This concerned me somewhat, but he would always laugh it off, and I think before long he stopped telling me of these hallucinations/malfunctions.

Some time later, we were on a job. I think our line of work may have been somewhat violent, considering I was armed with some kind of gun as well as a grenade launcher. *shrug* Can't remember exactly what we'd been doing, but as we were heading to leave a building my friend suddenly went berserk. He attacked me and I pumped several bullets into him. They didn't seem to have much effect, and he continued rushing at me.
I realised his robotic implant had somehow taken over his body, and as he chased me down some stairs I thought fast and fired my grenade launcher at the roof. It was a good shot, the grenade bounced from the ceiling and exploded right next to him - but still his charge continued unabated.

At this point I realised two things, A: that I was dreaming, and B: that there was no way I could escape this guy.
In a bold stratagem, I stopped running with what I hoped was enough distance between the two of us, closed my eyes and began the weird, vigorous blinking technique that I invented as a child to escape from scary dreams. I woke up just as I felt my foe's gigantic hands grabbing me by the shoulders. Phew.

Tl;dr: Hulking friend/coworker loses eye in freak sewing machine accident, has it replaced by robotic eye that gradually takes control of his mind/body, goes berserk on some mission and attacks me, proving impervious to bullets and close-quarters grenade explosions, prompting me to hurriedly quit the dream using my dream-manipulation powers before I could be torn limb from limb. 

I wish I'd written this down earlier, I feel like there were several more details that I remembered when I first woke up. Also, I could still remember at least a bit of one or two other dreams, but now they're gone completely. :<   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: May 01, 2018, 02:26:14 pm »

I had one of those things where you are dreaming and you dream that you wake up and go through your morning routine but you didn't really and you are still asleep and then some very small, odd thing makes you realize what's going on and then you wake up.

Except it happened 11 times in a row before I woke up, each time a new scenario.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 02, 2018, 01:17:07 pm »

I was a 13 year-old girl on her birthday that had just developed a power or pheromone or somesuch that made every adult male exposed to it go into a homocidal rage directed at her. It took place in one of my old neighbourhoods for some reason, but that's likely just because there was an outdoors section and my brain felt like that was an interesting setting.

I was walking home from ... probably school or something when I noticed a bunch of people looking oddly at me or making attempts to get closer to me, like running their car through red lights in order to get a whiff or something - evidently the pheromone was intoxicating as well, and extremely potent. Now, I had a degree of meta knowledge and was able to act kind of like myself even though I was ostensibly a young girl, so I knew this was the first stages of the effect and ran home to one of the many houses I've lived in - this one had a bigass front yard with a ton of trees in it, like our own miniature forest.

There were three people there - my mother, her friend's daughter who seems to have been 'cast' as the older sister in this tale despite being 13ish in real life, and this guy who I think was 'cast' as one of my mom's friends over to visit, but who also happened to be this reggae musician guy. In any case, I get home with my meta knowledge that men are gonna try to kill me basically on sight, but at the same time the girl I'm playing doesn't quite know that and doesn't realize that Michael, as we'll call him, is in the house.

So my mom and the girl!me talk about school and stuff before I force the topic of how people were being all aggressive towards me, and that seemed to advance the script - Michael comes out of another room and immediately flies into a rage, lumbering towards me but making really angry noises and all that. Now, the dream allowed me some latitude here, probably for purposes of more effectively conveying the terror of being a skinny teenage girl having a 6'6 guy trying to kill you - same reason I knew his efforts would start ramping up as time went on. However, the dream didn't account for three things:

1. I meta-knew that if you knocked someone out while they were affected by the rage, when they woke up they'd be immune to its effects.
2. The reality of how a fight works doesn't matter so much in a dream.
3. I know how to knock people out.

So I lured Michael into the living room and KO-d his ass, breaking quite a few things in the process. But I knew when he woke up he'd be fine, though I also knew I'd have to find that out in a suspenseful scene. It was scripted, what else can I say?

Anyhow, according to the strange horror-movie logic of the dream, my mom then called the police 'in order to have an explanation for what happened here' like an alibi or something. Not entirely certain why, but it was a scripted event. My mom, 'sister', and I cleaned up all the shattered and broken things, blood, etc (Michael had broken a lot of things as the rage took hold of him) and put him (still sleeping) on the couch while we waited for the police to arrive. I had that scene where he wakes up and you think for a second he'll start attacking again but he just said something along the lines of 'ugh my head, what happened Ellie' which seemed to be the name of the girl I was playing.

Then the police arrived, and it was a whole SWAT team for some reason. They were awfully polite, called to let us know they were coming and everything. In full defiance of logic, I, the girl who induces homocidal rage in any man that gets near me, goes out to let them in through this gate thing that was like a peach-coloured wall with red metal sloping roof things that you see outside Chinese palaces and such. I'm not sure why it suddenly appeared around the house, nor why it was night, but I assume atmosphere.

I let the SWAT guys in, and they're fairly friendly at first - not sure why the effect didn't take instant hold, for suspense reasons I assume - and they go into the house to inspect it, one of them bringing out an owl that's supposed to sniff drugs out or something. I don't stick around, as the dream's granted me control over what I do again and I've just realized that I'm in an enclosed space with 8 or so trained killers HOLDING ASSAULT RIFLES about to go 28 Days Later on my ass. I ran like hell out of the house and into the miniature woods in the front yard and all I could hear was the 'script' playing out on the inside of the house. I'll number what I think were different officers talking.

1: "Hey man you alright, you look kinda distant."
2: "Yeah, just a little pissed off. You smell that?"
1: "Smell what?"
3: "Nah, I smell it too, it's like ... (agitated) what is that?"
4:" I dunno but we gotta find it!"
5: "Yeah, it won't come out of my nose, it's like ... rrrrrgh!"
2: "Gotta find it where is it WHERE IS IT"
3: "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SMELL?!"
1: *incoherent screaming*

Kinda devolved into all of them doing that. It was dark, raining ... really suspenseful, I'll give it that.

Trouble was I woke up literally then, probably because I wasn't sticking to the script, by the time they'd reached the incoherent yelling state I was something like 4 houses over and in the middle of trying to steal a car.

So that was interesting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:48 pm »

I keep being unable to wake up from dreams that I know are dreams when it's time to wake up in the morning.

I lucid dream like, multiple times a night, so that's not unusual. But like, I cannot wake up. I wake up into another dream, lately.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 08, 2018, 06:04:43 pm »

Pretty sure I was having a nice dream immediately prior to waking up this morning, but after my cold-stricken rush to get ready I have entirely forgotten it.

I do remember an amusing snippet of a dream from the night before, though: I was waiting somewhere to receive a couch I had ordered. It turned out to be gigantic, the size of a house or larger, and was delivered on one of those huge trucks that are used for moving houses (or at least that was common practice in my home state, where houses are traditionally built from wood rather than brick), complete with a car driving ahead, festooned with flashing lights to warn people of the oversized load being hauled behind.
The house I was in seemed to conform to accommodate the size of the couch, though. Or perhaps it had been a giant house all along? More likely, I think, the dream had simply stopped making sense some time ago, as it was at that moment I woke up, before having time to ponder just how I was going to climb up to actually sit on this ginormous couch once they had brought it inside.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 08, 2018, 06:10:55 pm »

I keep being unable to wake up from dreams that I know are dreams when it's time to wake up in the morning.

I lucid dream like, multiple times a night, so that's not unusual. But like, I cannot wake up. I wake up into another dream, lately.
Same here.  Not so much this week, but it comes and goes.
Like being stuck in a fever.  One's imagination is manageable when you can wake up.  Even if things get awful, shockingly so, it's kinda okay if it's just a dream.  Being able to leave makes it okay, I'm there by choice, trying to listen to my subconscious and address its/my concerns.

Being stuck changes the paradigm.  Ugh, at least I don't usually realize I'm trapped until the third iteration or so, usually near the end.

As far as I remember.  Who knows what happens to us, in the times we forget.  Doesn't bear thinking about.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 339