Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512626 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3555 on: May 14, 2017, 10:00:06 am »

I was at some kind of school, couldn't really tell but I think it was a college. The campus was really budget though and had a lot of portables. I don't think I was attending, and in fact I think I was just kinda there observing somehow, not participating in events, and no one really noticed me. Anyways, there was one portable classroom that had a password of some kind, like you poke this panel on a side and some kind of GUI pops up in your vision (not sure how people entered anything without a keyboard but they did) and it changed the interior of the classroom depending on what you put in.

There was some girl who showed up and put in a secret code, and she seemed to be TA-ing for a prof who didn't seem to have any students, though as I wasn't in this dream long perhaps it just wasn't class time for him. Apparently they were in charge of keeping some cursed idol on campus safe but during the dream some rube stumbled across it and got cursed with lycanthropy so they had to induct him into their secret club to prevent stupid things from happening. Which was really weird because I was just standing there witnessing supposedly secret club things and no one seemed to notice.

Hmm, this sounds suspiciously like some kind of anime.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 15, 2017, 12:52:20 pm »

I got a new laptop battery, plugged it in, and my laptop became a sentient being which started giving me instructions.

Given I've got a new battery ordered and on the way, I hope this does not occur.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 15, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »

Dreamed I was standing at the bell-tower of a little building at the top of a steep hill that looked like some bizarre cross between a Greek church and a colonial era plantation house, cross-shaped with the steeple in the center, plastered all over in shining white with the exception of the black slate roof. It was surrounded by a low fence made from triangle-shaped split rails jointed together in an X shape, with similar beams laid across the groove between two X's and rough but neatly piled stone filling in the empty space below. Stretching out in all directions was a pine forest draped over round hills, much like my own but not as tall, with the very early dawn sun rising off to my left. A river bisected the whole scene, and off in the far distance I could just make out an enormous waterfall feeding it from the top of bright stone cliffs. Below me I could hear a small handful of men chanting their morning prayers, and on cue I pulled the rope in the tower to ring its single bell. From where I was standing it almost completely drowned out the sound of the men below, but the sounds probably complemented each other nicely from down there or from outside. I finished at the same time they did, and started down the ladder out of the tower. I don't know what happened after that, but the scene itself is still sticking with me even hours later.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: May 16, 2017, 08:17:03 am »

I had  dream that there was a mass disease going around, zombie like, and some people were being sent to a government facility for protection. I was one of them, but the rest of my family wasn't. Artillery strikes ruined the countryside all around, and eventually even the others inside the enclosure died (somehow.) I stay in the enclosure for quite a long time, and it seems the risk of disease passes. A woman turns up sporadically and talks to me, and eventually we leave. I am shocked to discover the countryside is not completely blitzed, just some of it. We find some survivors, of which my parents are part of, and find out my siblings are dead. Cue sad moment. We reach a town settled by some people, and realise it's my home town. The people there are desperately trying to recreate the past, including a fireworks display and ritual flooding of the streets (which doesn't happen in real life). They have no leadership, and this bothers me. I think the woman who I was with would be good at it, and suggest so to her. She frowns. Suddenly, the people doing the fireworks - 8-9 people - are dead because she deliberately didn't do something she was supposed to do. We have a colossal argument, and I tell her to leave. She says she's taking the car (which we had used up to that point) and leaves. I consider leaving too, then wake up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 16, 2017, 10:42:42 am »

Had a dream I was walking home from somewhere really distant, nobody answering my calls or texts. My legs are burning and I've stopped sweating because I'm so dehydrated. A friend on a skateboard hands me a bag. Inside the bag is a packet of crumbly, dry snack cakes and no drink whatsoever. I consider killing him but eventually make it home via a shortcut, and the dream ends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 16, 2017, 01:09:07 pm »

I was lucid dreaming and needed to use the bathroom. 

So I woke up and went into the backyard...  I was at my first home, in the woods.  Also I could float and had telekinesis.  I realized I was still dreaming, yet got a bit worried about the pee. 

So I woke up at my nice big house, in Virginia.  I... guess I bought this place from my grandparents?  No time to worry about that, there's a huuuuge mangy-looking dog!  I give it a hug.  Jeez it's filthy, but it loves the affection.  I feed it some bread I was eating (some baguette I ate before bed).  This place is kind nice, but too big, I'm still asleep aren't I.

So I woke up at my *other* grandparent's place, real close to my dad's house.  I lived here a long time, and I'm pretty sure I'm actually awake now.  I sure wish dad would move some of his 4 cars out of the driveway, though.  I get in my car and program it to go to [my actual real home lol] to clear up some room (I think it careens into a tree).  Welp, this is fine, though I do kinda need to use the bathroom- wait why is dad driving *another* car here.  Also I swear I had clothes on half a minute ago, what is going on- ohhh, duh.

Cue a friend sharing something in the group skype.  I connect to my laptop with telepathy.  It's a really awesome survival crafting videogame!  I make a reply - shit, that's a REALLY stupid thing to say.  Wait, how am I using my laptop with my eyes closed?

After like 3 false starts where I try telepathy again (It feels like it should work!) I finally wake up for real and answer Skype.  My replies were still pretty stupid, but give me a break, I just woke up :P

That was pretty fun, actually!  A little tour of some of the places I've lived, glad I don't have to move anymore.  *inb4 this is still a dream* *no really, I'd be somewhat okay with that*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 16, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »

That does sound sorta fun, Rolan. I had a slightly confusing dream too, though it was maybe a nightmare-of-sorts too?

Was in a zoology class, taking a longform written test on bivalve habitats. I ended up going really long on the test, and stayed over into the next class period. As I finished, professor was handing out orientation style pamphlets to the next class (I got one too by mistake), and she asked us to flip to the page labeled 106. She explained that, for some reason, the pamphlet pages didn't "stay in order" so we might have to look for a bit. I was like "Huh, that's not normal, right?" before I eventually found it. There were two headings; "Darkness?" and "Omnipresent Darkness." Each detailed an emergency protocol for what to do in case the local area, or everything, suddenly became dark.

If it was just darkness, professor summarized that it was best to leave. If we couldn't, we should just hide until it passed, unless "The Surgeon" was coming.

She never read the "Omnipresent Darkness." heading. All there was was a photograph of a figure in an ornate robe, moving forward in a dark field. Looking at the picture, I innately understood that there was nothing that could be done, but that we were encouraged to try anything.

We then did a practice drill, concealing ourselves in parts of the room under our coats or behind furniture. During this, I was unaware that I had actually woken up in total darkness, with my head under a blanket. So I just stayed in bed with blankets over my face for almost a minute in silence, waiting for the drill to be over, or for it to turn out to not be a drill.

Thanks for the mindfuck, self. >:I

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 16, 2017, 06:33:03 pm »

Dreamed I was standing at the bell-tower of a little building at the top of a steep hill that looked like some bizarre cross between a Greek church and a colonial era plantation house, cross-shaped with the steeple in the center, plastered all over in shining white with the exception of the black slate roof. It was surrounded by a low fence made from triangle-shaped split rails jointed together in an X shape, with similar beams laid across the groove between two X's and rough but neatly piled stone filling in the empty space below. Stretching out in all directions was a pine forest draped over round hills, much like my own but not as tall, with the very early dawn sun rising off to my left. A river bisected the whole scene, and off in the far distance I could just make out an enormous waterfall feeding it from the top of bright stone cliffs. Below me I could hear a small handful of men chanting their morning prayers, and on cue I pulled the rope in the tower to ring its single bell. From where I was standing it almost completely drowned out the sound of the men below, but the sounds probably complemented each other nicely from down there or from outside. I finished at the same time they did, and started down the ladder out of the tower. I don't know what happened after that, but the scene itself is still sticking with me even hours later.
That's rather beautiful.

Also, I think you were just given your calling...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:55 am »

Had a dream that took place primarily from the point of view of the personification of the carrier Kaga, for some reason.

For a while I was just sort of hanging out in my apartment, then through a series of events I don't remember very well, I went to a military base in some unnamed frozen place. From that point, it was some strange mix of 2016 Doom and Halo, with me fighting hordes of demons and zombies, the only really Halo part was some of the guns I found on my demon extermination mission. But I specifically remember the battle rifle and Covenant carbine or whatever it was called.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3564 on: May 21, 2017, 04:28:08 am »

I followed the POV of a dancer on a massive rave cruise wearing a skimpy dress, ripped jeans and a massive coat and an exasperated cleaner attempting to maintain the ridiculously designed cruiseship undergoing full rave, which did not seem to obey any sensible laws of physics whatsoever. The most notable thing was that two of the songs stuck out immediately to me: "Global Train," and "Kobold Sun." Hearing them, these songs don't exist, but I wished they did

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:07 am »

I was beaten at my own card game (okay, seriously, how did you beat me? I used an Enchanter, a super rare card that's supposed to be used with a Healer but wasn't! You used... face down ornaments! What kind of card game is this!). I had no idea how to play, despite the fact that I invented it. Also, there was a weird notation for keeping track of life. Involved pluses and minuses.

No, dream me, you can't use stilts that only have one leg. Even if it tapers into two.

Why, dream me, are your underpants inside out?

Do bathrooms even look like that?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 25, 2017, 09:49:23 pm »

Managed to remember two dreams (or fragments of them, at least) from last night.

I guess the first dream makes for a far stranger and more interesting story, but the second dream was certainly more pleasant to experience, even despite its frightening parts. Mostly I'm just glad to have remembered some dreams well enough to record them for a change, I haven't managed to do that in quite some time!   

Edit: Cleared up some confusing sleep-befuddled wording and added a sentence I forgot to include earlier.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:17:26 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 25, 2017, 11:02:50 pm »

Oh my God, that's impressively detailed. I barely remember anything about my dreams, so it's amazing to ,e that you can recall that much detail. I'm going to try to remember my dreams, even if it is just for the sake of a post here.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 26, 2017, 12:28:06 am »

Well, in my experience it helps if you keep a dream journal.
Just write down whatever you remember of your dreams immediately upon waking up, it doesn't matter how vague or meaningless they seem. Then, with practice, you should gradually become able to remember more and more of them over time.

Not sure if it works for everyone, but you might as well give it a try!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 26, 2017, 03:49:46 am »

I had some sort of dream about the stock market and buying stocks in milk. I know nothing about the stock market.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 339