Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512707 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3075 on: April 26, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »

'Thai bread' was literally a giant piece of penne pasta covered in cheese, or something that looked like cheese.
This sounds delicious tbh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 27, 2016, 01:38:11 am »

I was attending Degrassi High (the one from TV series) and the students started missing and the disappearances were picked up by a newspaper, with black-and-white photos and all that jazz.

Then we had classes with that one teacher who got bald from leukemia (again, a DH character) and we began to hear duck whistle so he stopped his lecture and we listened and then with a giggle a letter appeared on the Paige's desk (the latest person to disappear).

We opened the letter which now was a math book. Inside there was a demand for some kind of construction company to leave the local swamp immediatelly or all disappeared people will be drowned.

Then the letter moved into a lyric poem and it was so nicely written than the class along with the bald teacher broke out into a musical number, there was choreography and even rose petals falling from the ceiling.

And then I woke up.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 02, 2016, 12:43:18 pm »

Dreamed last night that I was the Avatar from FE:A. My experiences mostly mirrored the game, until after a while stuff started to go off script, and I realized it was the bad future timeline. WTF. :o
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 03, 2016, 08:40:08 pm »

A lot of this dream seemed to have something to do with time travel, a lot of it is just random nonsense to me now but, I remember being a part of some time traveling group and we came and investigated an area that I (real me) had been living in, sometime later one of the people in the group and I decided we would use our time travel power to try and conquer the earth, what the country we planned on making was pretty much Nazi Germany, except in south America. Anyway, eventually perspective changed and I was now of the good time travelers, I lay in bed trying to sleep and I realize someone is trying to do kill me or something, also time is frozen, apparently I can move while time is frozen which is unusual even in the dream.

The other good time traveler was there with me, we quickly discover that my attacker was one of the evil time travelers that used to be one of us, we quickly try to subdue her but end up killing her. This greatly upsets me, not at first but, later in the dream her death really got to me, even to the point where I tried to bring her back somehow.

Another perspective change and I'm now me, I think, either way I was in someones house and I was attempting to travel to 5th century England, I have no idea why, but I seemed to be really set on doing so. I appeared to have the ability to open holes in time to when and where I wanted to go using two hook things or something and a little later even my hair which was really long when I discovered this. Someone was after me while I was attempting to travel though time, I don't know who she was and I don't think I ever really saw her, but she did agree to stop attacking me and give me some time to pull out all the needles that were in my butt for some reason, they were pretty deep in there, after awhile I was able to remove the needles and make a time travel attempt. The woman after me returns and she seems impressed with my time portal opening powers. I try to pass through one but I just slam into it and nothing happens.

At this point I'm with some of my family near a house out in the country, some people come by who want to talk to me, apparently their my descendants and they wanted to meet me, I asked if their last names had changed and any point and they told me it had stayed the same until 1930 at which point it became 'zytcxz' or something like that. We talked some more and I jokingly (or maybe not jokingly) said I would go further back in time and make it 60% of the people on earth were related to me.

My mother was very happy about the knowledge that I had traveled back in time and ended up having a child. Later in the dream I decided I would travel though time some more, I couldn't really decide where and when to go, apparently I traveled though time with the help of some demon guy, when I asked him when and where I should go he says, "You should forget about the past and your old sons and daughters and stay in the present and look to the future." or something like that. I tell him that I really wanted to travel through time and see what I could learn, then he tells me "one mistake and you'd end up dead or in prison for life." or something similar. I wasn't sure how to feel about this, I was especially confused since a demon was giving me advice, I see someone on the stairs to this room, I'm pretty sure shes one of my descendants but I'm not sure. I wake up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 05, 2016, 05:01:41 am »

I looked upon a a great river and what lied beyond, demons, demons beyond count, I seemed to power up in some way and I quickly flew towards the demon horde. I fly through the horde to the side killing hundreds of them in a short amount of time by punching extremely fast, eventually I decided I would just blast them all with a massive laser blast from my hand, at this point the view is from a good distance away and I see as I kill thousands of demons as they get destroyed by my laser blast.

This dream sort of happens again but different, this time I see the demon hordes again, I power up and I stand tall in some pose or something as I prepare myself for battle, I slowly float towards the demons and I tell a kid that's following me "Not this time." The kid and I get on top of the wall and the demons roar at me, I roar back with such an intensity that a lot of the demons started dying as their bodies got torn apart from the power of my roar, then I'm upon them in an instant, I grab one of the demons and use it as a weapon to beat them back, I destroy quite a few of them with a laser blast. At this point I see a special demon, one with massive muscles and has the head of a bear, I punch it and its unfazed, it wasn't even fighting before this point, I assume it just didn't care but it gets up to fight me, I hit it a bunch of times and try to tear it apart with my laser blasts, I think I manage to hurt it a tiny bit so its not invincible, but I eventually run out of patience and try and tackle it, it manages to bite my leg a little bit causing some damage, I rip open its jaw and prepare to shoot a laser blast out of my mouth and down its throat, but the demon prepares a laser blast of its own, I'm surprised by this as I had never seen a demon with laser shooting capabilities. The demon laughs in its deep voice and apparently its chuck Norris? That would explain a bit, I was some other person and now it shows a Wikipedia page of me and chuck Norris with comparisons in power, I tell the demon chuck norris that none of that matters and I prepare to take him on again.

I dream wake up and I'm on the floor in my living room, I was a bit upset I never finished my battle with the demon, I tell my family a bit about it and then I wake up for real. This was a fun dream. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 10, 2016, 10:26:46 pm »

I was in a room and there was some kind of shelf thing. Then a person thing on the shelf pointed out that it wasn't real and then the walls (and everything else) melted.

:o

(and yes, this was just a normal dream, not drug-induced)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 11, 2016, 01:25:32 am »

If this thread has taught me anything, is that you don't even need drugs.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 11, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »

I dreamt that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump were in a medieval jousting match. They lined up at either end, and as they charged at each other, they were then riding motorcycles at each other while still holding a lance and shield in each hand. With a cry of "FEEL THE BERN" Sanders struck Trump in the head, and proceeded to fly off into the sunset while 'can't touch this' played in the background. It was great.

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 11, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »

I dreamt that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump were in a medieval jousting match. They lined up at either end, and as they charged at each other, they were then riding motorcycles at each other while still holding a lance and shield in each hand. With a cry of "FEEL THE BERN" Sanders struck Trump in the head, and proceeded to fly off into the sunset while 'can't touch this' played in the background. It was great.
Can we please make this an actual campaign ad?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 11, 2016, 04:53:52 pm »

Can we please make this an actual campaign ad?

Honestly all we need to add is them fighting for Lady Liberty's hand in marriage

My game giveaway

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: May 12, 2016, 03:43:55 pm »

I was ... I was attempting to fill up my car, who may or may not have been sentient and/or a transformer. I was driving home from karate after having successfully faked being a maneating ogre for several hours. The gas station took the form of several tents that you backed the car into and filled up with there. I attempted to fill up but there was this one fat naked diesel addict who kept on insistently latching his plump lips onto the nozzle and stealing all my fuel. I remember him being so pathetic, just lying there mumbling something or other through bloody lips. His eyes were swollen shut. The thought occurred to me to crush his throat and move on, but I didn't have the heart to bother.

Then I woke up.

Thanks brain.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 13, 2016, 12:11:46 am »

k i just woke up from a dream where i was king arthur monty python style but the french were battle droids

im going back to bed now

My game giveaway

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 13, 2016, 12:42:46 pm »

I did dream, I think I was up on a skyscraper that was being built and I was freaking out about how high I was, eventually the scene changes to being inside a finished building and I have telekinesis and I'm trying to convince people that I do indeed have the power of telekinesis. I then realize this isn't real and I think something in my head was trying to convince me it was real, I start yelling at my brain and I tell it to stop giving me superpowers in my dreams and trying to convince me that the dream is real life.

Much nonsense that I don't remember quite well happened, I do remember some part involving a talking chimera that said he made a copy of me out of bread and potatoes.
Then things go into dwarf fortress mode, there seems to be a flooded room full of chests and coffers and various objects, a dragon is living inside of it and the structure is shaped like a big volcano with a small opening on the top, I plan on dealing with the dragon by making a copy of myself out of meat, someone reminds me of the chimeras success of making a copy of me out of bread and potatoes, I wake up shortly after this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: May 13, 2016, 01:46:58 pm »

Okay, I'm finally going to type out the dream I had... probably a week or so ago, now. Somehow I haven't forgotten it.

The part I remember began with me thinking about album covers. Trying to come up with a design for one for a band I was in, specifically- I'm not sure if said band actually existed or if this was all hypothetical. I think it may have been the latter, actually, I get the feeling I was sort of on the threshold between a doze and proper sleep at this point.

A couple of designs went through my head, the first of which resembled 1,000 Bullets cover art somewhat, with a lot of flat planes of colour and dramatic shading, like graphic novel art. It depicted some guy standing in a darkened, bullet-riddled, room (some sort of fancy/dilapidated barroom, I think) with his back to a wall and a gun in his hand, his teeth clenched in a snarl.
I thought for a bit about who I could get to pose for the picture (apparently it was actually a photo, despite looking like an illustration?), considered a certain friend of a friend for a while, then moved on to an entirely different idea.

This one was quite dramatic and strange, showing a large, bright, futuristic-looking white room.
There were a couple of walls/partitions/items of furniture, I think, but the focal point was shared between two characters in the image.

One was a mostly humanoid robot (well, a skeletal-looking metal humanoid robot, kind of like one of the ones featured in Timesplitters 2) holding what looked to be a large, unrealistic sci-fi laser rifle. It was facing towards the right of the scene, seemingly standing guard.

Behind it, emerging from a vent in the ceiling, was an athletic-looking human cyborg who was unmistakably some sort of cheesy ninja assassin. One arm, lowering out of the vent along with the upper part of his torso, held a single-edged sword, presumably some bizarre futuristic katana. The other hand still remained unseen in the vent, but it too held a katana. Somehow.

The cyborg assassin had a fairly... ugh, I'm forgetting the exact details. But he had a mostly robotic face from what I remember, with some sort of backlit screen or shiny/bright lenses on it, at least one arm that was (at least partially) constructed from metal, and a mostly-exposed human torso that was inexplicably wrapped partially in some form of cloth bandage-like garment, covering the sides and ribs whilst leaving the upper chest exposed. There may have also been some wrappings around the neck, I'm not sure.
His strange dress sense will become important later on.

After a moment focusing on this scene, wholly approving of its potential as an album cover, it began to move.
The assassin swiftly dropped down from the vent, landing lightly on his feet and immediately springing into movement. As soon as he dropped down, the robot guard began to whirl around to face him, its gun raising dangerously and possibly beginning to charge a shot/fire to one side.
The assassin, however, was already attacking; with a series of strange, awkward-looking hops with his back craned backwards and his arms outstretched before him, he covered the ground between him and the guard and simultaneously severed both its arms with an upward strike of his swords.

At this point the dream shifted to me controlling the assassin through a series of increasingly-difficult videogame-style levels, which were other rooms of this strange, blindingly white facility we were in. I think at some points it was third person, others it was first person, but it was constantly hectic.
I remember one moment in ultra-realistic FP, where I dropped into a room, saw I was outnumbered and quickly fled from a group of guards. I glanced back, saw them following me, dived around a corner and spun around to place a small mine I had on my person. Thinking something like, "I'm surprised they still fall for this," or "they fall for this every time," I set the mine then continued running. All or most of the group were shortly destroyed by the blast as they charged around the corner after me.

Level after level I continued through this strange game. I can't remember many details, but more and more traps and different enemies were being added as I progressed. It was getting harder, much harder; I was sure I had almost reached my target- whoever/whatever that was.
Finally I dropped into what looked to be an exceptionally difficult room. I saw several of the normal guards, a turret or two, and two dramatically-clothed human figures, at least one of which held a sword- a boss battle! 

I quickly put some distance between myself and the turrents (along with the other threats) and resolved to deal with the mooks first. There was some more mine action, I believe, perhaps along with some swordwork for good measure, the details are unimportant. The robot guards were soon dealt with and I turned to face the others.

As the two warriors rushed me, clad in flashy, dramatic-yet-stylish outfits, it became apparent that they were women. Attractive women.
Actually I think I noticed that at the start of the scene, but putting it this way makes it more dramatic. Bite me, it's 4 AM.

The first of them, more aggressive (and, oddly enough, seemingly based off a real person I have seen photos of) lunged at me.
I dodged her attack, and could, I think, have easily killed her at this point- but, despite being a (presumably) cold-hearted, (again presumably) highly-trained, (definitely) deadly cyborg assassin, I shied away from killing someone so beautiful. Perhaps I thought to try reasoning with them? Whatever the case, rather than using my swords (I'm assuming I sheathed at least one of them for a moment) I grabbed her around the neck in some strange reverse-headlock/wrestling hold, then dropped backwards, slamming her head into the floor.

With her stunned for at least a moment, I sprang up and drew my sword(s) to fight the other one.
As she rushed towards me, however, she did something unexpected. She dropped her weapon- I believe it was a sword- darted swiftly through my guard and began to lick my right nipple. Truly, she had found the weak point of my strange, impractical ninja-outfit.

Overwhelmed by this unexpected (not to mention sexy) manoeuvre, I collapsed to my knees dumbfounded as she lapped at my manly ninja-nip. All thought of battle drained from my mind, along with most of the blood. I most likely dropped my sword, but either way I wasn't likely to use it any time soon.

At that point, it was all over for me. She straightened up, sharing a laugh with her comrade.
"Yes, we are pretty damn sexy*," she said with a smug, satisfied look, and as the dream began to fade, dooming my ninja-cyborg-self to gods-know-what terrible fate, I bitterly reflected on how very many times I had made it this far only to fail on this particular level.

Pretty badarse dream overall if you ask me! Even if I fell to a devious trap before I could complete my mission, whatever it was!

* - or something to that effect.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 13, 2016, 07:16:52 pm »

Had two dreams last night. First, one of my teeth had fallen out. I looked at it, and it was rotten through, with(for some reason) a clear circular hole that I could see out the other side of. This is bit more than a (now that I think about it) semi-recurring dream where a tooth falls out, only this time it was different tooth and never before did I see the damage to it. I think I woke up to check if my tooth was still there, and that's not a first either.

Other dream was that I found myself in a bookstore and talking to the people in it. The conversation eventually brought up the subject of my ex-girlfriend. It was right there that I realized I was probably in the bookstore of the college I worked in(where she was a student), despite everything certainly not being the same layout and the fact that I will never set foot in that place except to burn the entire campus to the ground. I promptly went "fuck this" and woke right up(it helps I was actually oversleeping and woke up 15 minutes after I normally do). I am thoroughly pissed that the scars of what she did to me are invading my dreams like that especially since it's been 2 years(almost exactly now that I think about it) since it happened. Worse, it was probably a premonition of sorts, since that girl I kinda liked at work put in her two weeks notice, though I've already written her off as "not gonna happen".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 339