Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512651 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2865 on: December 13, 2015, 03:53:20 pm »

I had a dream in which I was working in radio shack and was frustrated because nothing I wanted to buy was there and I'd have to get it all on amazon (not sure how working in turned into buying stuff in), and then dream-me came up with a plan to save radioshack: remove all the merchandise and convert them all into FuckMarts where people can pay for 10-30 minutes of having it to themselves with curtains closed and stuff (paying like a parking meter, but more expensive).

After I woke up I realized it was probably a terrible idea. :P (How are you gonna kick anyone out when their time is up without any employees there? Would also probably have to send someone to clean after every time it's used...)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: December 14, 2015, 08:14:15 pm »

I had some weird dream in which I was scar (lion king) and I was trapped in a box in a darkness nothingness, for some reason some small path forms and suddenly the darkness is replaced with a pond, I continue to walk along this path and I see a leaf fall in the water. I will the water to become highly acidic and the leaf dissolves, I continue on to the edge of the pond and leave, at some point I turn into a human and I'm making a suit of combat armor (fallout) at an anvil, shortly after I finish my armor I become someone else and scar who became human is now a really dirty pig.

I then tried to make some armor for myself but the dream changed. into things.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 15, 2015, 04:49:04 am »

sasuke uchiha

except actually draco malfoy

and can go super saiyan blue

i basically woke up laughing

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: December 15, 2015, 05:46:58 am »

I heard music from Little Woman played loudly with piano and drum set. That and a friend. I really miss my friend.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:01 am »

Dreamed a friend married a chinese government official and that me and my girlfriend formed a rock band, did a huge concert and I accidentaly killed someone by ramming a guitar into their forehead. Also there were wizards who appeared out of nowhere to tell me of things that would come to pass for absolutely no reason.

I spent nearly a week without remembering any of my dreams, and now this happens. Brain pls.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 15, 2015, 05:42:42 pm »

I had some weird dream, I was some random humanoid a with can-like object that I always hold. I just floated around listening to people interact with each other and just doing things with them, I forgot a lot of stuff but, at some point something happens to my can, its empty or something, apparently it means it's my time to die. I set the can on the lap of one of the people I was with and floated away, she seemed a bit worried but I just float along, eventually I find a corner where I can rest, I then close my eyes and drift away, then I wake up.

In my second dream I again was a humanoid floating about, the world is a bit like fallout but a little different. I'm floating about usually in a relaxed position and some people see me, their absolutely terrified, it seems I have a reputation in this world, after doing a few things I might of grabbed and killed one of them not 100% sure about that. A little later I see some people coming in enclave power armor, I tell the people who are terrified of me that they should probably leave, I do so a few more times but they don't seem to notice. A big guy walks up to me and tells me I better do what he says or he'll kill the people with me, I inform him that he can kill them if he wants and that I don't care if they live or die. They attempt to show off their strength and I'm unimpressed. Suddenly an enormous bear starts running towards us, I fly toward it and grab it by the back of its neck and start slamming it into things, for some reason there is now a gorilla, I ignore the gorilla and continue to slam the bear into stuff, it eventually dies and I set my foot upon its corpse and I roar a mighty roar, The gorilla says to me "Wait!" I look back to it annoyed and I say "you interrupted my roar." The gorilla says to me "Sorry." Then I wake up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: December 17, 2015, 11:03:30 am »

I don't remember much about my dream last night except that several times my voice gave out as I was trying to tell someone something important and all I could get out was a wheeze. Now that I think about it, this happens a lot in my dreams.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:05:56 am by penguinofhonor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 19, 2015, 04:53:46 am »

Alright, so last night I had a dream about a dragon attacking a city. I had some relation to the lord of the city and we were discussing things up in his castle. Someone important got hurt, so I had to go acquire a potion of ultimate healing in the middle of the burning city, avoiding all the looters. The only alchemist in town who could help, was understandably not concerned with doing so. He didn't actually have the potion, so I instead had to make one myself with a recipe guide. It worked, I guess. Next thing I know I'm on a spaceship. The bridge get blowed up. I fly the ship via a control panel meant for drone operation or something? I'm not clear. There's a battle raging, but we win. We're prepared to invade the enemy planet, but... We forgot the fucking dropships to offload our invasion force.

I have to take a carrier back to our HQ and grab some dropships. When I approach the planet, the planet's crust peels back like skin revealing a huge spot apparently made of dark brown clay. From the clay appears a man's face. The planet is alive, you see, and it is upset about a city being built, and a war being fought, on it's scalp. I press on, enter the atmosphere and begin skimming the surface towards the city. The planet opens many holes, and from each of them it launches a glob of brown goo to capture my ship. There are little man-sized insect things making it extra difficult. Eventually, I am captured. The "game" resets an suddenly I'm back at the point where I enter the atmosphere. I dodge the last few blobs this time, and reach the city. On the outskirts is not a dragon, but a massive orange-red sauropod dinosaur. Like, a thousand blue whales huge. As large as the castle. I fight more of the insect people to make it to the city and end up circling the castle to find no dropships. We eventually land and have to traverse the city on foot. The insects tell us, we may leave, but we must defeat the planet mono-a-mono. Like, a wrestling match with the sauropod. Another sauropod is helpfully provided. Two of us enter it, one behind the other, in a canopy between its shoulders. Our dinosaur grows to the same proportions as the other, and we fight. The wrestling match ends with us the loser.

The game resets again. We're at the part where we get our dinosaur. Once we reach the field, we struggle with the enemy for a much shorter time before we manage to flip is on its back and mount it. Eventually, we are victorious by suffocating it, or something... We are congratulated and released.

We never did find the fucking dropships. How the fuck were we supposed to invade a planet if we can't get to the ground!? The king was clearly too stoned to worry about the details.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: December 19, 2015, 01:05:24 pm »

I recall having had a dream last night.
This is different than my usual not remembering having any.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: December 20, 2015, 11:42:49 am »

Stole a bunch of coffee and cocaine from organised criminals in an abandoned hospital and a hideout in the woods, in order to sell for profit.
I'm a dick.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: December 20, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »

Stole a bunch of coffee and cocaine from organised criminals in an abandoned hospital and a hideout in the woods, in order to sell for profit.
With all that coffee and cocaine, you must not have slept, let alone dreamt. ;)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: December 20, 2015, 07:26:42 pm »

I was talking to my crush at school. It was pretty nice and not awkward so yay.
And then she says something along the lines of "we need to talk" and she knows I have a crush on her. I panic and my mind goes to who could have betrayed me. I think I panicked so hard that I woke up but fell asleep again.
:(

Not even sure how genuine that reaction was. It was a dream, after all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: December 20, 2015, 08:02:39 pm »

... Hey, does anyone else think miauw's subconscious is trying to tell him something?
*good-natured rib*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 20, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »

I've been a bit more successful about dreaming, though I really need to start doing more journaling. But, I have been practicing my dream check thing; holding my nose and attempting to breathe in; often. Enough so that a dream went lucid last night; at least for a little bit.

I was in a hospital, with various bits of medical equipment strewn about. I eventually reach a place where people are sitting, and realize that things are getting fuzzy. I begin to rub my hands together; a tip that is supposedly able to keep dreams from falling apart as I had a short conversation with the nurses there. I recall it being witty, but I soon woke up to the blackness of my eye lids.

Disappointing, but no so disappointing. Perhaps as I go lucid more often I may have actual time to speak with my subconscious self. Which is weird to think about.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: December 22, 2015, 12:44:25 pm »

I am in front of my mirror, my brother appears in the mirror.
I turn behind me, nobody was there.
I turn back, nobody´s in the mirror.

That dream was more creepy than I would like.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 339