Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567523 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2835 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:10 am »

Only in a dream could the girl you're trying to murder be hiding in a candy bar.

Actually, sounds like something a mental patient would go on about. "She's in the candy bars! I know she is! I have to kill her before she gets away!"

My dream recently was quite stupid. I was at work, a bastardization of my workplace actually. I had to change lightbulbs, help customers as they come in waves just like in reality (seriously. Folks trickle in and look around for a couple minutes, then they all run up to the registers at once and form a line that remains backed up for 45 minutes. The store is empty for five minutes, then people start trickling in...) except my register was out in the middle of the sales floor. I was completely surrounded. then the owners' mum came in and I had to remove all the dead fish from the indoor saltwater pond thing. Apparently nobody ever fed them/there was a lack of oxygen and only she ever bothered to check? It was pretty gross.
I had to carry all these cuttlefish and seahorses and whatnot out in a five gallon bucket to dispose of them in a construction site next door. I got cut off repeatedly by the construction crews. They got pissy if I pushed past them anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 22, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »

In the dream I just woke up from, I attempted to make a brilliantly lame, very simple pun to a cute girl only to stumble over my words, ruin the delivery, and then stumble over my attempted recovery until I wound up speaking proto-gibberish with her (and our mad scientist boss) looking at me in amusement.     

That dream hit a bit too close to home. >.>
It was a good dream, though- if perhaps one of those dreams that makes you sad to leave it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: November 23, 2015, 08:40:19 am »

In my dream, I was in Deviant ART.
There was an evil Deviant insulting me. He even made this journal called "BLOCK THIS USER" yet he didn't even block me.
I was going to make a journal stating to block him, but... I woke up.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 23, 2015, 09:12:28 am »

Had a really strange dream/nightmare thing in which I was part of some sort of corpse recovering team. We were sent to a street to retrieve this weird cast iron coffin that somehow became embedded into a sidewalk. After drilling into the sidewalk we managed to get it free, we took it to our base. The coffin apparently consisted of 3 different parts: the top, which functioned as a lid and had the dead person's name and date of death inscribled on it; a "box" piece which contained the actual corpse, and an underside plate thing that seemed to have no purpose other than protecting the thing's underside.

So, for some reason we had to open it, and then get the body out of the coffin. The body was mostly liquefied by now and was absolutely disgusting to mess with. I remember we had to pull it out of the coffin and the dead, gooey flesh gave away and sloshed over our hands. Easily one of the most disgusting dreams I've had in a while. I have no memories of the dead person's identity, but I faintly remember it being the corpse of a woman, because of the inscription on the lid.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 23, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »

I had an awesome dream a couple nights ago, where my little brother and my best friend and I built a rocket ship out of random crap (though it looked professionally done, not like some kind of Mcgyver/Jimmy Neutron junkyard thing) and launched it off the roof of my university's administration building, riding it all the way to the moon. We apparently got bored on the way up (somehow), and there was no internet signal 25 miles above the ground (and climbing), but one of us had an ipad full of pre-buffered youtube videos, mostly Nostalgia Critic and Team Fourstar stuff.

So, we reach the moon, decide we need to go back to get something to smooth out a patch of moon dust to build a base on (as well as stuff to build a base with, I guess) and headed back. We were unable to launch again due to lightning danger from a storm, but we sat around thinking it was pretty cool that we did go once. Being a dream, every logistical aspect of this trip was completely unrealistic.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: November 24, 2015, 08:19:54 am »

OK. I have another weird dream.

I was playing a New Super Mario Bros Wii-like game. Only this time, it had Hetalia characters in it.
I played a stage... a creepy one. You start outside, and then you go inside. It looks like you're underground. It looks weird. I stepped on a Koopa with a spike on its chest.
When I got out of the cave... I ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED IT. It looked like my gym locker except creepier.
Oh yeah. I played the stage as America.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: November 24, 2015, 11:13:10 am »

My dreams seem to be becoming increasingly generic. Cliches like "didn't study" and "forgot pants" never used to pop up but now they do.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: November 24, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »

My dreams seem to be becoming increasingly generic. Cliches like "didn't study" and "forgot pants" never used to pop up but now they do.
Oh, no! You forgot to study your pants!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: November 25, 2015, 02:34:55 am »

My digestion system went crazy tonight and I had a really painful dreams.
It involved a guilt from irl event where I got drunk and was mean to this girl, in the dream it felt like I have committed some felony, and it somehow escalated to drugs, eviction notice and living in a shitty street full of murder. Now I barely remember waking up and flipping my pillows and shaking a bit then falling asleep.. For no reason...

Then another dream was me spitting hundreds of rhymes without a break, I even remember my fav music in the background. I felt like cheap musician on stage.

Last dream was me riding a bike with my irl buddies, trough a city I have been before and screaming something about my ego.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2844 on: November 25, 2015, 01:10:12 pm »

Last couple of nights I've been having similar fun dreams. Travelling in China on foot at night because poor, attacked by knife wielding man. Another dream, spent three years in either a psychiatric hospital or a rehab clinic.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:18 am »

I had a dream where I was sitting in a dark room trying to fake my own death by first 'feeling' and then controlling my heart muscle to slow my beat. :-\

Upon waking I realized just how distrubing the dream, and concept, was.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: November 29, 2015, 03:58:49 pm »

I had a dream where I told God about how hard Zelda II is and explained the meaning of "canon" to him as a precursor to telling him about My Immortal.

Wh... what...? I-I'm an agnostic, besides...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: November 29, 2015, 10:33:33 pm »

That's probably why God chose you. A Christian is less likely to play video games that aren't made for the glory of Yeezus, and an Atheist would go into shock.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: November 29, 2015, 10:52:06 pm »

I had a really weird dream which involved the Earth being attacked by Titans ( which in the context of my auditory and associative understanding meant Shingeki no Kyojin titans but visually actually resembled Shadow of Colossus colossi ), I managed to survive, I was forced to behead someone I knew from real life Skyrim style, then I had to be friends or something with a Johnny Depp lookalike.  In the context of my dream, this dude was apparently some sort of Dark Link-esque extension of myself, who was basically an abusive overprotective friend, whom I had to play nice with in order to stab in the back in the near future.

Hotel rooms lead to really interesting dreams.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: November 30, 2015, 07:53:02 am »

The other night I had a dream that began with a simple Sergio Aragonés comic strip about a guy outside some sort of shopping centre/mall offering 'assisted handstands' to children; basically propping kids up so they could get a photo of themselves doing a handstand.

Some little boy excitedly agrees to that, receives handstand and (I think) gets his photo snapped by his parents, but then realises that the ground beneath his hands was actually wet cement, which somehow quick-dried once his hands were in it. A bunch of spare change fell out of his pockets and the man, who I think was wearing clown makeup, quickly grabbed it all up, said something unapologetic to the upset kid, then scarpered.

Then the dream basically replayed that scenario in live-action, and then continued the story with the kid stuck there upside down for hours (luckily for him, the dream seemed to ignore the unpleasant effects of gravity on upside-down people and their circulatory systems).
A series off odd characters passed through the dream, either trying to help the kid escape his predicament or hindering him in some way. His parents waited around for a while then, heartlessly enough, got bored and left. I think he eventually escaped and had some more zany adventures which probably lead into later dreams, but it's been a while and I don't remember any more. It was interesting, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 339