Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512695 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2820 on: October 30, 2015, 03:23:23 pm »

Did not sleep well last night. Too many bad dreams ._.
Or maybe that should be "one unending bad dream"

In the first dream, I had been close witness to a massacre. Hoodlums were chopping old people to bits, cutting off heads and the like, and I saw it all happen.
Then I dreamed that I had woken up, and upon logging onto my computer discovered that this massacre had in fact happened while I was asleep.
After that, things got creepy. I noticed that people were watching the house while I was there, whether standing across the street looking through my bedroom window or hanging out in my backyard, always leaving after I spotted them. I began getting strange, fake assignments from work (example: go to Oakland and pick up a load from "Black Man", no address. Yeah, I dunno). I began to see people spying on me at work as well. The same people.

Eventually I called the cops to tell them that people were snooping around my house and I felt like I was in danger. The guy in charge of investigating not only didn't believe me, but was openly hostile. Then his partner pulled me aside and asked if I recognized him. It was one of the people following me around.

I woke up well before my alarm went off, but I didn't much care by that point.
Daaaaaamn, dude. :o
Whoah. ...Hang on, what state are you in? Wasn't there a massacre just recently is Texas somewhere?

Edit: Found the news story. It's only breaking news so there's not much info, but... that's pretty dang creepy. o_o
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:25:14 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 07, 2015, 12:33:47 am »

Last night I dream my mom told me she saw Satan through the window, she sometimes says she feels spirits and such, so I didnt care. Then I was in the kitchen and she was outside, she screams she saw Satan. I look and it was all foggy outside, part of the fog had taken the shape of a man. He enters inside and tries to punch me in the balls. I dodge and punch him several times in the face, then I wake up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 07, 2015, 12:51:33 am »

The devil gave you a visit for no reason but to punch you in the nuts. Heh.

I had a dream about my workplace being converted into a grocery outlet. A couple of them, actually. In one we all worked in a little building in the middle of the infinitely-vast store and had to grab cigarettes off a twenty foot tall shelf. They were poorly organized, which makes me angry of course. Our little building was actually a freezer, too. Go figure. It was cold.
In the other, I was working outside a produce department, again in the middle of an endlessly large grocery outlet. Had to stock and check dates on all the produce. And figure out where costumers grabbed something so we can return it. My coworker was not willing to help find things. The supervisor was running off to the other side of the building-in-a-building. It was weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 08, 2015, 05:49:48 am »

It's from a bit back, but I was just reminded of it.

I was the leader of a SWAT team attacking a building held by criminals of an unknown sort. Apparently our best tactic was literally to charge in, and while I don't remember much, everybody but me and one other guy died, and I lost my rifle. Fortunately, I had an idea. I drew my pistol, and began mimicking Revolver Ocelot and shooting the criminals, occasionally dropping my pistol. I'm pretty certain it actually worked, but the rest of the dream is forgotten.

I had just finished MGS 3 a day or two before, it being the first MGS game I had ever played.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 10, 2015, 03:11:56 am »

Just today I had this dream about a weird octahedronal temple in the ground. Apparently, if you explored long enough, you would find God's message to mankind (I seem to remember something about it being at the bottom point). So I was walking around in it with a friend, and we had torches and hats and that was about it. Suddenly we found a plaque on which was inscribed God's message to Man. It simply said "Sorry for the inconvenience". Yes, I have read part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Above the plaque was a strange picture of a large hand, a wine glass, and an upright cartoon snake playing what looked like another snake in coiled into the shape of a violin. Another dream coming up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 10, 2015, 12:59:42 pm »

Other night, had a dream about being stuck in a fortress/castle held by the big bad of everywhere. It was patrolled by the "queen" or whatever, who was apparently a 300 foot giant or something, but only the upper half. Everything below the ribs was missing. She crawled along the enormous hall that ran around the central courtyard where the big bad was. I planned to exit after her, but as she reached the end of the hall with the exit, she turned around and started crawling back. I could do nothing but proceed back up the hall to a rampway. At that point there was some lamia/half-serpent like Medusa, with the snake hair, crawling ahead of the queen. There was another monster slithering behind her, and behind the queen came another crawling half-of-a-giant, that I could never see.
I had to ascend the ramp, and then another, to find a spot where I could hopefully hide behind the ramp until they had all passed. The Medusa came first, and of course she spotted me. At this point it was apparently an RPG where everything had a health bar. I tried killing her with my big sword, but everyone else was aggro'd and I would be overwhelmed.
Somehow, the dream threw me out on the roof of a much larger pentagonal wall surrounding a courtyard. In the courtyard was, of course, the queen again, surrounded by minions and death. The other torso was crawling around and around the wall. While I was obscured from the monsters below, there was no way to avoid being caught by that other giant. Outside the wall was open ocean beneath steep cliffs. And there was no way down. I had to descend a ladder into the courtyard.
Again, I was caught by a Medusa, and after killing her the queen and others started to arrive. There was some object over by a pile of rubble I thought I could use or destroy to kill the queen, but I don't think I ever made it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 10, 2015, 01:45:44 pm »

Dream sequences in computer games are generally a lot easier than computer games in dream sequences.
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 10, 2015, 03:39:53 pm »

I don't remember much of last night's dream/s, either, except for bumping into some old friends in a strange place, watching some weird musical performance on the side of the street (with musicians storing their gear atop a nearby building that looked like a kebab shop) and cramming small cats (?) into an altoids tin.
It was all very surreal. Kinda wish I could go back to sleep but oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 11, 2015, 12:40:39 am »

...the "queen" or whatever, who was apparently a 300 foot giant or something, but only the upper half. Everything below the ribs was missing.
Sounds like the Moon Lord from Terraria, only with less flying and lasers.

I actually had a (briefly) lucid dream recently, which is rare for me. I was wandering around a dark, gloomy mall with some stranger about my age, whom I didn't like and who kept casually destroying things as we went. I spotted a friend of mine in some cafe front, and my companion decided to get his attention by pulling a circular saw blade out of nowhere and using it to smash a window, which my friend was understandably unhappy with. (I think he was busy meeting with the cafe owner, too.) the guy just shrugged and said the window would be fine "when the area reloads" or something, and sure enough, the next moment everything was in a slightly different place and the window was back. So he tried to break the window again. When I took the saw from him, he slapped a magnet on the glass with a note on the back.
Somehow, after the saw blade, the reloading, and the general absurdity of the situation, a magnet sticking to glass was what tipped me off to it being a dream. I managed not to immediately wake up, for once, so I tried studying things more closely. I quickly realized the "extra" had no face: he had a vague suggestion of eyes and a nose when I was looking elsewhere, but when I looked directly at him a cheek-sized chunk of smooth skin would follow my gaze. I tried to imagine what his face could look like, but instead his face started to turn green in patches and form bug eyes and sharp teeth. I woke myself up before it got too creepy; the mall felt oddly claustrophobic.
My perception of time was very strange; I can remember it feeling like longer than I feel like I remember it taking, if that makes any sense. I actually woke up when I normally do, which makes me wonder if the sped-up lucid segment was an "excuse" for me waking up, a sort of meta twist ending. I wouldn't put it past my dreams to have a weird literary ending.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 13, 2015, 12:15:08 pm »

Using arm as pillow, beard experiences growth spurt, grows through arm.
pulling tears away chunks of arm and face, scissors pass through and don't cut hairs away. Stuck for day at work with elbow comically above head. people laugh, because no shirt due to arm stuck. Realize also forgot pants. Boss fires me, but is old boss not current boss.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 15, 2015, 10:06:06 am »

Dreamed I went to play DnD with friends. Dream switches to DnD perspective.

I'm a dwarf fighter equipped with a spear and chainmail. I'm working for some drow nobles as a guard, guess that makes me a mercenary. I'm hired to protect a drow duke's daughter. Standing outside the daughter's bedroom in the middle of the night, guarding the door, bored as hell. Dozing off. Suddenly, screaming from inside the bedroom wakes me up. I rush in to find a demon terrorizing the girl. The demon turns to me as soon as I enter. Dream me identifies the demon as a "melan", a spectre in the form of a half human half spider hybrid, like the drow driders, except instead of arms and hands it has scythe-like appendages, and it's bony and chitin-y and all black. It has no head. A single touch of the melan causes instant death.

Being a level 1 warrior, I take the logical approach to the appearance of an insta-kill demon and run like hell out of there. Fortunately the melan follows me and leaves the drow girl alone. Sunrise comes, the melan leaves, and I report the incident to the drow duke. He is less than enthused at hearing how I valiantly fled in the face of a demonic entity of death which was terrorizing his daughter. He fires me and sends me out on a quest, along with a dwarf priest, a drow ranger, and some fourth guy.

Thus begins the dnd campaign. The players are a dwarf fighter, a dwarf cleric, a drow ranger, and some fourth guy. My brain swears there was a fourth guy, but  I can't remember any details. Our noble quest: To find the drow duke's daughter's favorite cup, which was lost. So the party is heading out into the forest. I'm carrying everyone's weapons in my hands, apparently, and it's a big hassle to keep them all together. Also the melan is present the entire time, whispering grim tidings of death in my ear, while noisily eating an apple with its nonexistent head.

We enter the forest and are wandering around when I wake up. When I fell back asleep I dreamed some other dream I can't remember as well, and never got to finish this one.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 15, 2015, 10:19:36 am »

whispering grim tidings of death in my ear, while noisily eating an apple with its nonexistent head.

If real d&D was like this, I would want to play it.
One wheel short of a wagon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 15, 2015, 10:20:54 am »

whispering grim tidings of death in my ear, while noisily eating an apple with its nonexistent head.

If real d&D was like this, I would want to play it.
With the power of IMAGINAAAAATION~ anything is possible.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 15, 2015, 12:44:53 pm »

Real DND can be exactly like that.
My gm let our warlock turn undead zombies into a meat golem and even gave it stats and special rules for its use. It was the best golem.

Too bad my pet badger turned out to be a figment of my imagination (and that one time i imagined it biting somebody i had actually shot them?) when it was realized I didn't take the class specialization for pets. Fucking rangers I thought everyone gets a badger!

My dream last night revolved around a RTS game where I was getting my ass kicked by the ai. I later learned the ai actually started with more buildings than just a single capital and some peasants. Cheating bastards.
I make Spellcrafts!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 21, 2015, 03:06:56 pm »

I dreamed that my chin hairs were really thick and really long. It was odd I was trying to cut it but it was very difficult.
In another dream I was a bit lucid, I got close to getting the dream I wanted but I woke up before I did.

Then in the third dream I was a reality warper, I mostly just floated around and did mundane stuff, but eventually I got very angry and decided to kill all life on earth, I never was able to do that sadly, my most impressive "attack" was a bubble full of air that exploded violently, but it didn't hurt anyone. I couldn't do anything better then that so I decided I would shove my fingers into peoples throats to rip them apart, I chased a girl in a shopping cart in order to attack her, but then she disappeared, so I ripped open a chocolate bar wrapper to try and find her, I never did find her because I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 339