Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512657 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2580 on: June 20, 2015, 03:49:23 pm »

I was traveling to get to a building full of giant spiders for it was my job to kill them, I killed them by turning into a ball covered in spikes and rolling over them, there were too many spiders for me to kill on my own, so I begin running to the forest to get some trees to help me.

Suddenly I'm being chased by a bear so I fly into air but it starts jumping to get me and then it starts flying to! I then strangle the bear to death and it falls to the ground. I'm running again and then two rhinos start running towards me so I fly again and then the rhinos start flying, they get to me and I grab them by their horns and slam into each other until they died. and then I woke up
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: June 20, 2015, 06:15:32 pm »

I was traveling to get to a building full of giant spiders for it was my job to kill them, I killed them by turning into a ball covered in spikes and rolling over them, there were too many spiders for me to kill on my own, so I begin running to the forest to get some trees to help me.

Suddenly I'm being chased by a bear so I fly into air but it starts jumping to get me and then it starts flying to! I then strangle the bear to death and it falls to the ground. I'm running again and then two rhinos start running towards me so I fly again and then the rhinos start flying, they get to me and I grab them by their horns and slam into each other until they died. and then I woke up

nice
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: June 21, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »

Weird dream, probably shouldn't discuss here. Not NSFW, since I don't seem to get those dreams, but weird.

Though there was part of it where I was going to some wholly unfamiliar building with computer labs and classrooms that was mostly underground.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: June 22, 2015, 12:17:23 am »

Dream ended with me charging into a moshpit dressed as a pirate and singing a metal cover of a Jimmy Buffet song. ???

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: June 22, 2015, 10:04:08 am »

Underground classrooms accessed by a scary stairwell seem to be a recurring motif in my dreams lately.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: June 22, 2015, 10:16:54 am »

Dreamed my girlfriend somehow split into two identical clones, one more aloof and rebelious and other more timid and "cutesy". Both halves loved me but were massively jealous when one of them gave me attention, and one half wanted to kill me if I gave attention to the other half, and vice versa.

It was kinda entertaining and a bit creepy at the same time, it isn't very often that my brain dreams up anime plots :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:22 pm »

Had some incidents of sleep paralysis this morning. Pretty sure it was real and not a dream. I think.

Basically I woke up briefly, rolled over, and while dozing off again entered sleep paralysis and had various experiences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Each incident lasted a few moments before I "snapped" out of it by sharply turning my neck and opening my eyes to look behind me and make sure nothing was there. Then I'd drift back to sleep and surprise, more sleep paralysis.

The thing is, I don't know if it was real or dreams. It felt real. It looked real, it was early morning with the sun shining in my room.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: June 23, 2015, 03:42:02 pm »

Had this bizarre dream during a multi-hour nap this afternoon.

Fred from Scooby-Doo was my father, for starters. I also had a girlfriend, but she lived on the other side of the continent, so in order to spend time with her, I would summon her spirit so we could go around and do stuff together. Later, the two of us were sitting around in some seedy bar or something when my dad told me that she was an alien and showed me a photograph of what appeared to be a serpentine monster with an eye on either end of its body and a gigantic cut through its middle, but I woke up for a little while. After I fell back asleep, I had another dream, which was based around the concept established in the previous one with the spirit summoning, although nothing too interesting happened (most of what happened was her asking me what time it was and saying the movie we were watching was kind of boring.) Then I had another dream about roughly the same thing, except this one became vaguely sexual toward the end.

I had one more dream after that about fundies panicking because a gay person became President or something, but I woke up almost immediately after that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:43 pm »

Stupid dream about riding bikes down the highway. Suddenly highway is interior of movie theatre. Movie never starts, just talking to people while sitting in the seats. Friends from high school are there, actually talking to me again. Then I wake up and sad.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: June 23, 2015, 04:16:32 pm »

If seeing old friends are any indication, I'd say is is because you miss them. I rarely dream of people I know, but I recently dreamed of talking to a specific friend from college twice. I've been trying to see her for weeks now, but we live far apart and she is a busy bee for lack of a better term. That, and our phones hate each other and drop texts constantly.

---

-snip-

Sleep paralysis indeed sucks. I have suffered from it before as well. You just sort of have to wait for it to pass I think. Either way, I recommend doing some research on the subject. It might help a bit.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: June 23, 2015, 04:28:15 pm »

-snip-

Sleep paralysis indeed sucks. I have suffered from it before as well. You just sort of have to wait for it to pass I think. Either way, I recommend doing some research on the subject. It might help a bit.
I've honestly never had any past sleep paralysis incidents before this year. A few possible times at college and then a few times in one night weeks before now. None of the incidents today were that bad, honestly. The whispering was actually pretty tame and cool, compared to the last auditory hallucination weeks back when I heard a snarling beast right next to my ear and made me want to scream, or the time in college when I thought a ghost was sitting on my chest and all I could do was blink my eyes rapidly.

I think it may be a side affect of my anti-depressant. Not that bad of a side-effect, it doesn't happen regularly and it makes for some neat experiences. Not nearly as bad a side-effect as the regular surreal nightmares I'm bound to get at night if I miss a dose.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 25, 2015, 03:10:24 pm »

Two interesting dreams I had, in one I was flooding the earth with water I got from other galaxies, while trying to view other said galaxies with my little galaxy viewing device I couldn't due to the fact that the little galaxies I was looking at were made of brick.

In the other dream I was on a train that was out of control, so I used some kind of weird power to try and stop the train and was able to avoid getting hit by another train, however, for some reason the tracks then lead to a ramp and sent the train flying and breaking apart and such so I jumped out, started flying and used some kind of telekinesis to hold the train cars in a telekinetic bubble. then I gently set them all down, then one of the train cars fell over and crushed some people and a t-rex.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: June 25, 2015, 10:48:58 pm »

There was also a dream about my family getting lost/stuck in the wilderness. Except it wasn't really the wilderness we were just being dumb because we were already on a road and we knew which way was downhill. We just wanted to get off the road because it was muddy and over saturated with water. Taking a step literally created a great gushing of water that spread across the ground. But then I suggested going over to a nearby wall to get a view. It was like a sandstone brick wall with upside-down arches (so pillars with curved down wall between them, lowpoint halfway between each pillar) that I just so happened to know overlooked the canyon. On the other side of the canyon, a few miles down, was "Spokane" (not Spokane).

So then we just went downhill to where the slope we were on met the water of the river at the bottom of the canyon, and talked to the hoboes at the bottom, and harassed this one woman into getting us a ride (she wanted to ignore us and go back through her warehouse (which had a bridge across the river in the upper story no less))

So then while we waited for our ride we talked to the hoboes, who had a semicircular partially fortified camp outside the warehouse. Some of these guys were sleeping in the trees, or on the boardwalk.

And then goblins attacked, and from then on the dream got medieval. At first it was a melee to fight off the goblins, and we eventually escaped across the private bridge to "Spokane"as the dragon antagonist and trolls showed up. The fighting continued through the city streets to the capitol building, which was a castle. Dream couldn't decide if we were actually using guns or swords or what. A little of both I guess. Anyway, we had to take over the castle in the middle of a city to get a bfg to take out the big bad dragon that was currently rampaging through the city. There was a simple mechanic to capture enemies that surrendered and later convert them. The goblins would turn into grouchy punks with pink mohawks and tattoos. I spent all the time looting shit in search of the weapon of dragon destruction. So much loot.

Eventually that dream just cut out or i got woken up and I was back to shopping for groceries at winco, and then walmart. Couldn't decide what I was actually going to make, so every time a new idea formed I would dump some stuff to grab something else, then I was looking for this one specific type of bread, but I couldn't find enough of it to make the entire meal, so I kept trying to find a substitute they had in the right quantity. It was all very weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 26, 2015, 08:38:09 am »

I had a dream in which it was the sponsored walk tommorrow (true) and I had grown a beard overnight which my razor couldn't shave off.

Had a 1 second panic attack on the walk remembering it.
One wheel short of a wagon

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: June 26, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »

Strange dreams last night; didn't get much sleep (sun was rising when I did fall asleep, I'd guess an hour and a half), but strange dreams.

So me and my extended family were going to a theater for my cousin's birthday. Some families brought their dogs. But the thing was it wasn't a movie theater; it was an interactive full sized replica of "Lego Starwars II: The Original Trillogy", meaning the videogame, but not in videogame format; like a hall of mirrors is a maze but not in traditional paper format (my cousin really likes leg). But when we went into the theater, instead of finding giant lego storm troopers, we found it was a replica of a house that my mom claimed used to be hers; it was like a giant doll-house, with pastel patterned wall paper, nonsense room-arangement, etc; my mom in the dream (just like my real mom, but with more exposition) said that this was where she lived and played as a kid, and that there should be a crawl space to the house proper where her parents lived. So we found the space, and indeed it was just like those very long and narrow spaces that you can crawl through as Child Link in LoZ:OoT, but longer. And pinker. We get out, and the new area is not like a house at all; industrial warehouse scafolding dominates this area. And the "Angel" dude from the first couple episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (that's all I've watched of it so far) is there, only he's claiming to be an assasin of sorts, and he needs to go but he'll send his best other assassin to assist me. So we all wander off in the maze-like area; it's turning more and more into the old Aperture facility that you explore in Portal 2 with Cave Johnson's assistance, only very non-linear and not requiring a portal gun to traverse. One of the dogs with us follows me and starts humping my leg; actually, two dogs did, my second cousin/pastor's dog, and our own dog. Between them they left a very white streak all the way from my pants pocket to the left hem, very noticeable. I haven't seen any sign of the assassin that's supposed to be helping me, and I'm looking for him, but then in a kitchen-like area I encounter a large number of crime syndicate people talking. One of them is wearing the lego-stormtrooper suit, but the rest are obviously from various mafias. I don't recall what they were speaking about, but I even waved my hand in front of one of their faces and decided that the assassin must have made me and my family invisible, which is why I hadn't seen the assassin because he's invisible. Which was confirmed when Maxine (from the book Phule's Paradise) was suddenly decapitated and the mafia don from the Simpsons grew a knife out of his throat.

In the morning after I woke up for real, I also found out that the dog belonging to my parents (one of the ones I dreamed about) was going to have his snipping surgery canceled because my dad was worried about the dog becoming fat and slow and we were going to be camping during it's recovery.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 339