Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512643 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2385 on: March 07, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »

snip
I don't believe imagination and such is dead, it still exist in the various mediums of art we have. I think science allow us to expand our collective imagination, all the things scientists discover can be used for storymaking. The best example would be aliens.

And for terrorism, I believe the same, they are more threatening because of the fact that there are people using them as an excuse to remove our rights that because of the harm they can do.

...It feels like the world is turning into shit :( . Everything feels so restricting in this society, and it only seems to become worse. We all have to fit in a perfect mold otherwise we are labeled as "weird" or even "crazy".
Even worse, anything can be taken as pretentious, just because someone disagrees with you, or they require you to prove yourself, which forces you into a position that makes you sound pretentious, whereas you're defending yourself, a premise, or an idea, or a method that worked with or without explanation. Simply put, it's impossible to win, even if you do win, you lose. Make things worse, I develop any of my ideas, I'll be in the crosshairs of every copyright, realist, and plothole fault-finders and the like. Why can't we just come up with something, and explain it simply "because I thought it was [insert simple reason here].". Everyone must be superior. Why can't we be individual, even if we're the same? I am uncomfortable how much hitting a reset button/mass-extinction/universal genocide would come handy in shutting everyone up. Even moreso, if God really did exist and love us, why hasn't He mercy killed us yet (by waking up, if we're His dream)?

EDIT:
Just as well, looking back through some Old Testament (and ancient legends/myths), why can't we have crazy stuff like that happening again, if taken literally (giants/insane phenomena/artifacts of immense power, like the Ark of the Covenant; It was scary as fuck, when you think about it, but the past was scary-awesome)? Sometimes, I wonder, provided God does/still exist, when did God abandon us? I am/was a faithful person, and I've yet to see anything prove His existence or influence anymore. I mean, I don't know who lost faith in who first, Man or God. I think Revelations is more a story of God abandoning us without warning (as if He lost faith in Man, like a disappointed parent), leaving us to our own devices, now I think about it.

EDIT EDIT:
More often than not, back to the main topic, I been feeling like my silence speaks louder than anything I can ever say at any volume. To have no voice is my voice. No action is my best action.

Yeah, sometimes it feels like the only way to fix things is to completely start over. Corruption reached a point where it would be extremely hard to get rid of using conventional means and the current system of laws is so bloated it would be easier to just erase it and make a new one.
I believe the absurd amount of restrictive laws, protocols and standards come from the fact that there are people who constantly try to find loopholes in the system. There's also the case of people doing harmful things on purpose for personal gains. Copyright laws, for example were made to prevent people to steal other people's ideas. Now this system is used to made absurd amounts of money by sucking any form of creativity dry and making sure nobody else can benefit from it. We've reached the point where this law needs to be regulated by another law. If we could as a specie grow up and stop hurting each other we wouldn't need these stupid rules. The only way I could see this done would be with a better education system, teaching people how to be smarter individuals instead of simply giving them instructions.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 13, 2015, 07:06:45 pm »

I don't know if sleep-deprivation caused dream flashes/visions count, but I had a really pretty one of those that I remember. Basically, it was a figure standing in a field of pale yellow sand dunes stretching into the far distance. The figure, though, was wearing the most amazing cloak I've ever seen. It was sea-teal and blue, and looked almost like someone had taken the sea and wrapped the surface around a figure. The image only lasted an instant and thus I remember seeing little flecks of white material floating, frozen around where the waves were "crashing". All in all, it was really pretty and I wish I had sufficient skill in art to do it justice.

I'm so bad at this whole 'communicating images in words' thing. :/

EDOOT:Changed a word to better portray what I wanted to say
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:02:09 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 13, 2015, 07:32:38 pm »

I don't know if sleep-deprivation caused dream flashes/visions count, but I had a really pretty one of those that I remember. Basically, it was a figure standing in a field of pale yellow sand dunes stretching into the far distance. The figure, though, was wearing the most amazing robe I've ever seen. It was sea-teal and blue, and looked almost like someone had taken the sea and wrapped the surface around a figure. The image only lasted an instant and thus I remember seeing little flecks of white material floating, frozen around where the waves were "crashing". All in all, it was really pretty and I wish I had sufficient skill in art to do it justice.

I'm so bad at this whole 'communicating images in words' thing. :/

That sounds like an awesome picture.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 13, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »

I was in my bed but I couldn't get up or even really move and voices in my head were telling me to sleep, I repeatedly said "No" and was eventually able to get up. I could barely stand so I pulled this weird colored thing off my chest and saw some weird button things that had pictures of me on it. They were various souls of me and the biggest button was the actual me and I had just taken over his body for awhile. So I pushed the buttons in put the colored thing back on and was able to walk with ease.

I went down stairs and it wasn't my house anymore it was some weird building lit by oil lamps and had white thin walls, someone told me about 2 giants/ogres that lived here that I would have to sneak past, I started walking towards the exit and I began to feel weak again so I pushed the buttons in but they resisted, So I pulled the colored thing off again and forced them in.

I felt better and continued on to the exit.
Things got weirder much much weirder. but I forgot the rest of the dream. :C

Sounds like you have dark souls dreams.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #2389 on: March 14, 2015, 04:03:06 pm »

post to watch
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 14, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

Last night I dreamed I was skydiving, except in space. Falling endlessly forever, with a little bit of heavy equipment; since there was an endless constant channel of gravity that I was falling through, the equipment did have some weight I could feel, but not too much. Since there wasn't any air, no air resistance so I just kept going faster and faster.
I think I passed pretty close to an asteroid, or something, with something green growing on it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 14, 2015, 04:46:52 pm »

I had a dream where, when I woke up, I thought: "That was awesome. I'm going to have to remember that." and then promptly forgot it. All I remember is, at the start (And I have the feeling the "plot" changed drastically very soon afterwards) I was in my R.E. classroom at school arguing with Richard Dawkins, and telling him what a so-and-so he was.

If it helps, I was winning the argument :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 14, 2015, 06:15:13 pm »

Winning an argument in a dream seems... Uh, ridiculous, I guess?

Anyway, the other night I dreamed my dog was covered in bugs, like fleas and tiny black beetles, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get all the bugs out of her fur. It was horrible.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 14, 2015, 06:28:27 pm »

Winning an argument in a dream seems... Uh, ridiculous, I guess?
Indeed. Hence the ":P"
:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 15, 2015, 04:27:37 am »

I had a pretty cool dream last night. Bascially, humanity had uploaded our consciousness into a virtual world a la the Matrix. This means that everybody is immortal and we all live in an Utopia of knowledge and development. I was given the opportunity to design a fruit-bearing tree-decoration for some sort of academy that I am enrolled in, and I was able to create it out of thin air just by the power of my thought.

I also remembered some bit about using my reality-bending clearance to contact a girl through time and space but I don't know what the deal with that is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2395 on: March 15, 2015, 05:48:22 am »

arguing with Richard Dawkins ... winning the argument

Teach me your ways. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 15, 2015, 02:28:34 pm »

My boarding house was taken over by Romans while I was sleeping.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 16, 2015, 03:55:06 pm »

Death seemed to be a theme last night. First I dreamed I was at a party of some kind, lots of tables and people eating dinner outdoors. The sun began to set, but then it started flashing and looking very strange. Suddenly it went poof! into a ball of fiery mist and the we all got incinerated. Secondly (since dreams don't always seem to have continuity) I dreamed that I found out I was a clone of some kind, and the original me had perished when someone detonated a nuke from a truck a couple months ago.

I think there was some (also entirely unrelated) tangent about needing to house a bunch of refugees, and I was going around trying to find places for them all to sleep at my home. Fortunately the place seemed to be some weird mixture of my home, my apartment, and my grandparent's house, so there were plenty of beds and sofas, except they seemed to disappear when I wasn't looking so I was trying to mind them all at once so there'd be enough.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:57:49 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2398 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »

My boarding house was taken over by Romans while I was sleeping.
After playing a few rounds of FATE with my brothers, and recalling my character from SS-13 (named Roman, which is also who I based my character in FATE on); I can only read that as cloning shenanigans from one of my characters. Beware the Barbershop Quartet routine.

Anyway, I was in a bit of a funk (some mad depression/feeling lonely really hit hard), and took a nap. I was in the middle of absolute nothingness, much like anyone else's interpretation of the afterlife (or Hell), based on what I've commonly heard. It really did feel like nothing, and I had my time of dwelling on what could have brought me to such depression. Oddly enough, out of nowhere, I felt hugged within the nothingness, and it wouldn't let go, and another set of hands were glowing and reaching out for me to grab. The hug felt familiar, and how I was being towed out of the nothingness by the other hands. Like a pair of old friends (felt just like the same recurring characters, even though it was only their hands reaching for me, as if I was blind, and this was all I could interpret) reached out to me to bail me out of Hell, again, according to how they felt (though, not an annoyed "again" expression).

Given the frequency of some of my depression spirals, and how many hells I've been bailed out of (from fire and brimstone, to elementary school all over again (I was a rather popular target for bullying)), I wouldn't be shocked if there's a drinking game made up by this point, based on those experiences. On the plus side, at least whatever/whoever keeps visiting/bailing me out is loyal and helpful (They even gave me reassuring words that cured my depression upon waking up). I just wish I can run into them IRL; especially if they're as unusual/awesome as their dream counterparts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:21:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 17, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »

Itnetlolor, it sounds like a manifestation of Tiruin is visiting your sleep.

So last night... I was surrounded by an army of the undead and undying, skeletons, zombies, empty skins and other horrors. I kept swinging at them with a rusted sword, it's edge glowing faintly with a withered dying magic. Every time I tried to attack, though, EEEEEEAORW! they'd go up with a strange sound in a green flame that arc'd away and reformed only a short distance further away. I'd feel them attacking me from behind, so I'd turn around and EEEEEEAORW! the ones behind me would flame-teleport away before I could hit them. EEEEEEAORW! Sometimes they'd teleport closer en-mass, too, which was terrifying because there were so many of them. I'd lash out, trying to hit them with ANYTHING, but EEEEEEAORW! I couldn't hit them with a single blow. EEEEEEAORW! ... EEEEEEAORW!

Wait a seco- EEEEEEAORW!

I turn over; my clock says 3:08. EEEEEEAORW!

"[Oobles]! If you need mom, get up and walk to her, she can't hear your airhorn from there!"

My brother was using one of those compressed air cans to try and call our mom because he was feeling really sick and that's why he got it in the first place (because she couldn't hear the bell and he can't yell as loud as he can ring the bell). Unfortunately, instead of waking up the right person, it woke me up instead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 339