Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512743 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2025 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:09 am »

All I can remember from my dream is that there was a semi-fat girl from my school sitting across from me and staring. Just staring.

I have a feeling other stuff happened, but I can't recall them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 24, 2014, 12:32:06 pm »

I suggest you stop by the Lucid Dreaming thread. Take control over your dreams, especially if they're causing you problems. In the meantime, check Life Advice for any other help to further blur the lines between worlds and have some peace of mind again. At least, in this case, the blurring is a good thing.
I've actually been working on achieving lucid dreams for quite a while, have had very minor success but any success has had certainly mixed results.
But yeah, Purgatory, good way to describes my dreams: a chunk of paradise so intoxicating, that once you awaken from it, it's a living nightmare.
My interpretation of Purgatory is just that, a neutral environment to balance out everything; or clear some crap out; it's in the name. Essentially, I assign a Ph scale to environmental hostility; so Purgatory (To purge; unlike Limbo, where you see how low you can go) would rate as 6-8 Ph, so basically, it's the water of environments. Heaven can get too intoxicating (or so sweet, looking into it causes diabetes) to the point of causing issues. Or being rather caustic; so, kinda like Bleach, anywhere around 9-14 Ph Base; and Hell is a rather corrosive environment; so naturally, it would rate as rather acidic, so 1-5 Ph Acid. Some knowledge in chemistry helps for scaling stuff like this. At least, makes for a good reference chart. So yeah, Hell = Acid, Limbo and Purgatory are neutrals, and Heaven = Base. Like anything else, too much of any could be fatal; all things best in moderation.

Well, given that assessment, My dreams are often Purgatory in their own right, but on the more heavenly end of purgatory which is honestly how i prefer things to be IRL: Basic, but on the good-end of basic.

Awakening from them is what causes the nightmare-screams/wails, they're so enjoyable that opening my eyes is like the worst thing that could happen to me, a living Hell made corporeal. This i suppose is fair balance to the super-enjoyment I just went through...hence, the purgatory, but the Hellish feeling goes away pretty quick, though it makes me feel terrible and the enjoyment never leaves my mind, hence more-heaven-end of purgatory.

I still remember some weird dreams I had as a kid, Like the documentary of giant Silkworms eating black leaves near an active volcano under a red sky.
The red sky however isn't unusual, Red Skies, Orange Sun, and Black-to-Gunmetal-Gray color clouds are the normal for skies in my Dream. Blue crescent moon as well, with the Sun or moon being in 5'oclock or 10'oclock positions with Sun for AM and Moon for PM. Also while I'm on this I feel I should mention Wind is always gentle in my dreams, enough to pick up petals and papers and etc, but never anywhere near destructive-speeds. Also rain in my dreams comes from the Gunmetal-gray clouds.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 25, 2014, 01:40:42 pm »

Last time I had a lucid dream, I learned to levitate, and blew up a robot with a thermonuclear fireball from my middle fingers.

Other destruction occured, but I don't remember them well.

Lucid dreams for me turn violent very fast.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 25, 2014, 05:14:42 pm »

Hrm. I may try listening to music tonight while powering down and see if it effects anything. Nothing like brainwave stuff though. Just some relaxing classical, if I can find a good symphony.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 25, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

Hrm. I may try listening to music tonight while powering down and see if it effects anything. Nothing like brainwave stuff though. Just some relaxing classical, if I can find a good symphony.
I'm starting to think my dreams gain stability from hearing music while I sleep. I've tried listening to it before going to sleep, but no real luck. Why I don't keep it going while alseep is I don't have a good stereo and my MP3 player Headphones are uncomfortable to lay down in.
Even if I had a decent stereo, I'd have to solve getting music I like to play on it.

But I do recall dreams from night where music played in the room much more clearly than ones from nights where there wasn't any music.
Like my giant silkworm documentary dream was done with music, but my Bunny-MOO dream is very...vague in my memory and was to music before sleeping with no music while sleeping.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 25, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »

In my last dream I was wearing a band-aide on my arm and thought I should take it off. So I pull it off nice and quick like I usually do in real life but it rips off a huge chunk off my skin. Pretty soon all the skin on my arm is sloughing off and I'm trying to reattach it just my sticking it back on. There was a very scary surreal moment where I took the piece belonging to my hand, slid it on and literally "felt" it slide on my hand as if it were really happening. It felt like putting on a slippery slimy glove which then proceeded to slide back off.

My dreams are becoming increasingly disturbing actually... think it's anxiety or something...
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 26, 2014, 06:17:15 am »

Had two real dreams last night and a third that I kind of remember, neither lucid.

Spoiler: Dream 1 (click to show/hide)

That dream ended fairly quickly, but was followed up by another. It had loose continuation from the last dream; my mind was equating the fugitive of the previous dream to be the protagonist of this one. Even though they seem to be two entirely different characters?

Spoiler: Dream 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dream 3 (click to show/hide)

Final verdict, I would call the Tchaikovsky test a success.  It worked out rather nicely if I may say so myself and I got a few healthy dreams in that I can actually write on. Nothing bad happened to my dream self either, save for a few nasty looks being a Kobold/Khajit/Cat-thing. Probably the first time my dream ever changed perspective completely like that come to think of it... Usually I do dream that I am myself, but I guess this was an exception.
BIRDS.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 29, 2014, 12:14:11 pm »

My dreams are usually violent as well, only more like cheesy sci-fi/fantasy movies or anime. Which is weird.

Speaking of which, I've been playing Megaman X too much, because I dreamt that I had a Z-Saber, could jump extremely high, and also could do Zero's ground punch. There was a lot of wrecking things and cutting things. My brain must be pretty bloodthirsty.

* IronTomato smacks himself in the head, lightly tapping the target

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2033 on: September 29, 2014, 02:28:55 pm »

Finally had a dream in a more familiar environment. I awoke on board a ship with one of my dream girls, and heard an alarm/klaxon that we were under attack, and I was told not to worry about it, and not to join in the fight because our security force is doing their job, and it's late, but she didn't object to exiting the Captain's Quarters (either of us was acting captain; but our crew rocked enough they didn't require us ordering them all the time, they knew the routine thoroughly, as if this happens regularly (we were pirates after all)). Basically, I watched from on board one of the ships I showed in an art thread a defensive battle between our forces, and probably some bandit forces (they barely lasted a minute against our dudes, and zero casualties on our side, no hull damage to the flagship either.).

I think I explored my ship for a bit, and I keep forgetting how snazzy it looked inside (you thought the outside looked pretty; inside is even cooler); not to mention, thanks to a dimensional manipulator device, the physics within are all kinds of screwball. Windows inside the ship that are able to look outside, doorways that lead nowhere that lead where you need to go (screw elevators and such (though we still have them in case the 4D-μ (which can also be used to dilate time so the crew can get a full night's rest and heal/or have R&R mid-battle) screws up or is non-functional for the time being), we can go from one part of the ship to another through express non-euclidean doorways; just give a courtesy heads-up to anyone else that might be using it as well. Speaking of which, our brig has an option of being an endless loop hallway (unless the warden/captain decides to cut it loose, and make it connect to the main hall again), so even if you DO escape, you're still trapped inside (every doorway out leads back to the brig; think of the game Antichamber). Just for kicks, we can also play some Benny Hill music or something if they persist on escaping the infinite hallway, only to continue failing. Hell, even security held drinking games based on what the prisoners do as they're trying to wrap their heads around what the hell's going on. The ship is like a TARDIS, despite being the size of a cruise ship, it's even bigger on the inside than the outside; even the hangars are relatively small from the outside, but are as spacious as the ship's wingspan on the inside; so we can store quite a number of ships. Even relatively large ones nearly the size of airliners or private jets (N-Eu gateways bigger than the hangar doors are usually summoned to cram them inside). This thing is insane, and I designed it; the engineering is something else entirely, as you already heard.

Of course, I think I spent more of my dream on the upper deck's tavern, chilling out with the crew, which had those same dream girls listed as part of said crew. Good way to pass some dream time after watching a pretty entertaining battle in the sky. The ship didn't use any of it's weapons, however. It didn't seem necessary; though watching a hailstorm of auto-cannon fire, as well as a holy/arcane-amplified particle accelerator (or Dao/Tao-Cannon (Often mistaken as Tau); AKA- Yin-Yang cannon (firing both holy (white beams of light; sounds like angelic choirs)/arcane (black beams of blight; sounds like screams of the damned) shots simultaneously, or one or another individually)) is something else entirely. Angel or Demon (including building/city/county-sized monstrosities that carry same titles (like in NGE), either way, you're getting fried by this. Even if you're holy wearing arcane, or arcane wearing holy, you'll still get fried; and it has the intensity of a nuclear weapon amplified like a laser cannon. In summary: This is gonna hurt if it hits you, regardless who or what you are. I didn't name it Excalibur for nothing. Anyone who faces it is called a fool. I think I made this thing (idea and art) nearly a decade ago, or half that, at least.

I didn't get to explore the rest of the ship before waking up; but I had fun with my crew there, and it was pretty outside (Dual-full moon in the dead of night). Felt like I was on a cruise ship while on board (even in the sky, you get the sea-leg feeling; despite having an inertial stabilizer on board); I didn't check out the rec room, but if I recall how it would be, it's like a VR simulation ground, or holodeck, and we adapted Unreal Tournament into it as a training/sparring ground. I wish it was real. Anyone would enjoy the experience of being on board it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:13:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 29, 2014, 02:53:36 pm »

I dreamed that mom refused to drive me to college, so I stole the car and drove off myself. However, I lost control of the car and hit a bum on the corner. I got out and called 911, then realized I didn't know what street I was on. And then I looked back and my car was the Batmobile, or else one of the stopped cars nearby was the Batmobile.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:18 pm »

...I dreamed.

Can't say much interesting happen, other than I did apparently dream that I was sad that I didn't dream that night, which was a lie because I was dreaming as I dreamt the fact that I wasn't dreaming.

What game are you playing at subconscious!?!
BIRDS.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 29, 2014, 04:31:32 pm »

I dreampt that I was working.  Except for some reason my dream self realized I was lying down in bed so I kept sitting up to move to the computer.  But after I sat up I figured out something was screwy and went back to sleep.

This happened at least 4 times last night.

Comon dream brain, don't I work enough already?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 29, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »

I dreamt of war and destruction in the air, and I could only look as the dogfights took place while we hurried to shelter.

Then I dreamt about attractive women bathing in waterfalls. That was a much nicer dream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2038 on: October 01, 2014, 01:37:54 am »

Got a dream that fooled me properly well; I was a much younger self still clothed in the uniform of an ancient school alongside several acquaintances I am certain were manufactured for the purposes of the dream as I recall meeting none of them in my life, but also one of my best friends who I am well met for knowing. The two of us were sitting in the dark of a mathematics room whilst my friend regaled to them the horror of the Tweedham murderer who sliced open the throats of his victims whilst they were just awake. In the dark, in the silence - the door creaks open, to the great exclamations of all listening a confused student ponders bemusedly why everyone is looking at him pale and terrified.
We all go through various horror stories to mixed success, ranging from skinwalkers in the woods to being trapped in the expanse of the ocean alone until we get to me and my story. A simple one, all about how in my early childhood on the festival of the hungry ghosts currents dragged me out to the deeps where I would have drowned had a glorious man not dived in and ruined his business suit to pull me up from the waters, thereby crossing my name off of the hungry ghost's list... But leaving everyone else in the room still on it. Then I woke up to the panic of sloshing tea only to find my tea remained holistically in its mug where I last left off drinking it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 01, 2014, 02:46:25 pm »

I had a dream in which I fucked up printing a french-assignment.
I was more panicked that morning than I was when I thought there was an actual fire in the building at my elementary school.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 339