Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512724 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1905 on: August 14, 2014, 04:14:31 pm »

So this happened on the same day as what sparked me to the terrified thread; it was a hot day and I had left my windows open to the elements and the sweltering humidity raised the alarm bells in me that had spent young years in Malaysian monsoons instinctively foretelling the arrival of a big storm. The heat of the weather and the dryness of my lips didn't translate into some desert apocalypse, no in my dreams it showed me visions of the stifling London underground in full bustle whereupon I was leading an expedition - almost military like in nature, as all were uniformed and carried more gear than a student backpacker. Everything turned into chaos as no one could communicate amidst a storm of pedestrians and someone had knocked all of their gear into the path of an incoming train. I kept thinking to myself, why couldn't these idiots do something so simple as get on a train without causing pandemonium?!
Then I woke up and wasps were all over my arm.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 14, 2014, 05:20:40 pm »

In my dream, My grandfather was running a refrigerator making company where he hand-made Fridges himself, IRL, he has a near-perfect memory, this showed in the dream where he remembered every fridge he ever made, how long it took to make them, and the first name of who bought each fridge.
In the dream i was envious of his adept memory. but then i woke up...his company's name was weird though: Templar RV Trailers
---likely inspired by his love of camping...lol.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 14, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »

Had an interesting dream this morning. Can't really remember it now because it's 10:00 at night and it's been hours since I had it, but there was a part I clearly remember that was like this moment of self-revelation. Or an epiphany. Or something.

Basically at the end of the dream this voice said something along the lines of "You don't try because you're afraid of failing, you think you're a failure because you don't try, you don't try because you think you'll fail. You're holding yourself back." Then I woke up.

The voice had no real "voice" quality to it, y'know. No sound or anything to say "this voice sounds like this person" or "this is a guy's voice" or "this is a girl's voice" or "this is my own voice talking to me". No voice. It was just words projected clearly and forcefully into my head.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:08 pm »

Had an interesting dream this morning. Can't really remember it now because it's 10:00 at night and it's been hours since I had it, but there was a part I clearly remember that was like this moment of self-revelation. Or an epiphany. Or something.

Basically at the end of the dream this voice said something along the lines of "You don't try because you're afraid of failing, you think you're a failure because you don't try, you don't try because you think you'll fail. You're holding yourself back." Then I woke up.

The voice had no real "voice" quality to it, y'know. No sound or anything to say "this voice sounds like this person" or "this is a guy's voice" or "this is a girl's voice" or "this is my own voice talking to me". No voice. It was just words projected clearly and forcefully into my head.
Mufasa has spoken. Now go out into the world and take what is rightfully yours.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »

Mufasa has spoken. Now go out into the world and take what is rightfully yours.
BRB, building a moon base.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 14, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »

I can't remember 90 percent of the dream, since it was a few days ago, but I remember that it was lucid, and I remember something annoying that happened at the end.

I was lucid, so I could tell that I was waking up. I was talking when I felt myself waking uo, so I stopped talking, because I knew that if I kept talking, I would start talking IRL by accident. I stood for a while, silent, but I didn't wake up. I closed my eyes, waited, and opened them again. I was still in the dream. I closed my eyes again and tried to say something that I can't remember, and I felt it come out of my throat. I opened my eyes, I had woken up and said it IRL.

My subconsious is a dick.

This actually happens to me fairly often when I'm talking in LDs. Anyone else experience it?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 15, 2014, 05:07:30 am »

I had this dream where I was in some kind of zombie apocalypse, but the zombies were more like the weak dudes from the original Doom game, and I had this great idea of burning down a forest in order to burn them all (somehow I had a flamethrower), and after that, I ran across a few people with guns that were trying to shoot me, and I started shooting them with my flamethrower, but I ran out of ammo and started beating them to death with my gun.

The dream I had the night before was even stranger, though, where I had some kind of scimitar, and was fighting some samurai dude with a naginata, and after fighting him for a couple minutes, he moved over into this really muddy area, and taunted me to get me to come closer, and called me a coward.
I told him that fighting in mud was clearly in his favor, as he was wearing actually shoes, and I had only sandals on my feet.
I then called him a coward, and his head magically detached from his neck and sailed down the room.
I then had to follow his flying head down a corridor, while fighting a bunch of sword-wielding dudes (somewhere along the line I picked up a shield, and I don't remember where) and then I had to trap the samurai's head in a box.
There was more to it, but I don't remember much of it anymore. I think that making out with a statue might have been involved, but I only have a vague memory of that part.
Also there were fairies somewhere.
did you happen to take any powdery substances(you know the one) before you went to bed. if so that may be the cause.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 15, 2014, 07:59:41 am »

I dreamt that TotalBiscuit deleted all of his videos about video games on YouTube and started a new cooking show instead. I tried baking a bread filled with spinach, but I had trouble making the dough right, so I had to find another YouTube channel which explained it better.

Another dream I had few days ago involved a meeting of characters from various franchises (imperial stormtroopers, TMNT, Batman and others I don't remember) who decided their help was needed on a distant planet. So they came in front of my home where a Stargate was embedded in the road in horizontal position. They activated it and started jumping in one by one. After a short while they noticed something was not right, deactivated it and started digging under it. They found that everything that went through the Stargate fused together with the ground into a very messy blob.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 15, 2014, 08:57:29 am »

I dreamt my watch was broken. The wrist-band bit of it. One of the links was a mangled wreck.

It was terrifying.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 15, 2014, 09:25:43 am »

THE HORROR
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:53 am »

I dreamt my watch was broken. The wrist-band bit of it. One of the links was a mangled wreck.

It was terrifying.
It was inevitable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 15, 2014, 11:36:02 am »

I dreamt that TotalBiscuit deleted all of his videos about video games on YouTube and started a new cooking show instead. I tried baking a bread filled with spinach, but I had trouble making the dough right, so I had to find another YouTube channel which explained it better.
This amused me more than it probably should have. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 17, 2014, 08:53:57 am »

Today I had a pretty awesome dream. (At least the way I remember it)

So apparently a giant apocalypse happened and the entire world was left crumbling (though I don't think there was any radiation judging by the fact the sky was relatively clear and nobody was wearing gas masks or anything of the sort). I was walking through the city ruins with my IRL friend (said city looked surprisingly familiar to the one where my current school is) until we stumbled upon the bus station (which was still ruined). Somehow, buses were still functioning and there was a lot of people there. Nobody was panicking, much to my surprise.

Then my friend disappeared and I was on the bus with my mom and like a thousand other people. Supposedly we were going to the nearby shopping mall (in the middle of nowhere no less, though the general area seemed familiar to me), which according to my mom was also an airport now.
Much to my surprise the whole place looked like no cataclysm ever happened (so maybe it was just that city that was destroyed, not sure) and after that I can't really remember much.

I bet this dream happened because of how much I was thinking about Gun Francisco yesterday. :V

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 17, 2014, 12:31:41 pm »

It was terrifying.
It was inevitable.
It's sad, but for the best.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 18, 2014, 04:14:40 am »

Just slept through the day (whoops) and had at least a few dreams, two of which I remember a fair bit about.
It is now 6:20 PM, I think I went to sleep at around... half past four in the morning? Ugh. Anyway.

In the first dream I was travelling through some unfamiliar part of Australia with my mother and my half-brother (the tolerable one). It was a very green, wet sort of countryside, almost like England or something- but I distinctly remember knowing it was Australia due to my thoughts on later events. I'm guessing it was in a hinterland kind of area, like the mountain range I lived on for part of my childhood (the shitty part).

I can't remember why we were driving or where we were trying to get to, but we stumbled across the entrance to some place. The details of just how it was set out is a little hazy, but there were lots of big, stately old houses on a huge old property. Most of the houses were partly surrounded by stone walls, kinda like the base of a round medieval tower or something.
There was some sort of central 'office' on the property, we went there and discovered that these were the family homes of all sorts of old families; where many generations of them had lived over the years. Mum asked them about her family name, of our relatives in the US, and the lady we spoke to gave us directions so we headed that way to check it out.

We thought at first that these houses were just replicas of the original buildings, since it seemed such large and old houses would be impossible to move at all, let alone overseas, but as we drove through the place we saw them being moved, somehow just placed up on these flat vehicles with lots of wheels that I can't remember very well.
It was kind of freaky, really, that these ancient homes were just uprooted and shipped to another country to be part of a collection... but then, if the alternative was some evil company demolishing them, this was definitely preferable.

We eventually reached the section we'd been directed to, which actually contained three different houses belonging to families with similar names, which may-or-may-not have been our actual relatives with a more archaic surname.
Anyway, we wandered into one of these houses, which was actually lit and furnished, absolutely fascinating and it just felt... old, like you could almost feel the memories of decades or even centuries pressing against you like a fog.
At first we thought the place had been done up on the inside to replicate how it had actually been back in the day, but then we were surprised again, as we realised people still lived in the place. I approached a doorway into a dark bedroom only to see someone actually shift on the bed, and realised the place was inhabited.

It was kind of spooky. Well, very spooky, looking back- not sure how creeped out dream-me was.
I ended up sitting at a small round table in the kitchen, reading some letters (these looked old to me, perhaps they actually were left there as a historic thing) on the table, which began to reveal a tragic story of a suicide/attempted suicide in the family, where one girl wrote to another of her plans to end her life, and then there was another letter to her mother.
Can't remember exactly what they said or why she was so distressed, or even if I found out whether she went through with it. In fact, that's pretty much all I remember of the dream- I don't even remember if the dream continued long enough for us to speak to the people in the house. :-\ Sorry.

I might post the other dream later, right now I need to go do stuff. It's a lot shorter, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 339