Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512628 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1875 on: August 03, 2014, 03:09:05 am »

We crash-landed on snow-covered planet. By 'we', I mean, myself as security officer, Captain Benjamin Sisko (Star Trek DS9), four or so ensigns and a robotic cat Felix.

We made it to a stone circle where there was a fountain. Said fountain had numerous glyphs around its basin and a demonic imp was trying to read them to summon a demon, so we killed the imp. Unfortunately he managed to summon the demon, which turned out to be just really black saber-tooth tiger, which we scared away with ease.

Then we went to inspect the wreckage of downed Boeing 747 (the heck?) where we found two more Starfleet ensigns racing about on a snow scooter... but as soon as we realized nobody ever saw them, we deducted they were Changelings, and that's when they started firing at us. In the gunfire, we lost two ensigns and Felix the robo-cat.

Then Cpt.Sisko decided to surrender to make sure there weren't more losses. The changelings took our weapons and took us through a door in the boeing where a table full of instant meals waited for us, complete with extra red carrots and shiny green peas. At the other table, a group of extremely friendly-looking Jem'Hadar kept staring and poiting their guns at us.

We sat down at the table, started eating, and the dream ended.

Using secret papers I snuck through the border to totalitarian Ukraine. There I roamed the neighbourhoods of some districts in a town where I had to pass several blockades and then hid whilst two NATO F-16 flew above us.

After that I went to check the Re-Education Center for Artistic and Humanist Students, and got lost in the maze of Soviet-era-like corridors, stairways and offices. I almost got myself into brainwashing classes along with twenty or so Ukrainian students but fortunately, another set of forged spy papers helped me out after I showed them to Chief Instructor.

Then I went for a meal to local cafeteria where a pair of soldiers almost took my meal but in last moment I recognized in them two of my classmates from middle school (woah, that was 11 years ago), so in the end we all ate together.

After the meal I noticed that I'm starting to run out of forged papers so I went to local office where a half-drunken general was issuing actual papers. He issued me a Paper of Leave so I could cross the border and even gave me 5 stamps on it so 'it looks good', and using these papers I left Ukraine for good.

Then went shopping for groceries in my hometown market, where I apparently owed the cashier lady a Bajillion of zloties, which apparently was a widely-used number (Bajillion), and equaled to 10x100x12 zloties.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 03, 2014, 03:24:35 am »

I just slept through the day and had a bunch of interesting dreams, waking up between them, but sadly I've forgotten most everything.
I know one of them involved me eating arrowroot biscuits, and there was a later one where a trio of elite swordsmen made fun of the main character (not being skilled enough to wield a sword) then wandered off and were eaten by some sort of monster.
And then stuff happened, and there was another part of the dream, or a different-yet-similar dream set in a containment facility.

They were all dramatic, but each time I woke up I was far too tired to write them down, or even ponder them very much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 03, 2014, 03:37:09 am »

What I remember from my latest dream:

-I was female
-I was married to a miniature Ragnaros. The one from Warcraft.
-Something about a castle, and laying siege to it, mostly with archers. Inside a school, apparently.
-Something about Super Mario Sunshine.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

My third dream last night was a Magic-powered Mecha dream where the Mecha Behaved accroding to what Card you swiped in the Cockpit.

This hero who looked like the guy "Starlord" from Guardians of the Galaxy was chasing an ostrich-style mech that shot green snot-balls out of it's wings as it's card-attack.
Then "SL" combine a card combo to create this attack called "Zanmatou", a giant gale-storm of blue-white wind.
the Ostrich mech then did some super-hyper-kamehameha-hadoken wave pulse thing, to which SL used a new card combo called "Ganmatou" in which the same blue-white wind formed this magical-seal barrier that not only negated the attack but forced me to wake up.

I had to ask myself what I ate.

---at least Zanmato IRL is a term I recognize(From FFX), but I know he had it spelt "Zanmatou" because the word appeared on the card swiper.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 05, 2014, 03:08:21 pm »

I forgot almost everything about the many dreams I had today, but one thing stuck with me.

at the end of my first dream I got in a fight with a big muscular guy and a small skinny guy riding a vehicle with a mounted mini gun. I got onto a double machine gun turret that started floating and firing at the vehicle the 2 men were on, but then they blew up my floating machine gun I flew into the air and blue laser beams fired out of the ends of my limbs and out of my mouth as rainbow surrounded me and there were small explosions going off and I gave off a powerful roar!

then I smacked into a skyscraper and destroyed it and I woke up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:17:48 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »

Crazy dream from two nights ago was sort of like a platforming video game with crazy-color SNES-esque graphics about some guy who I think was in a blue space suit of sorts trying to save the world from having punctuation removed permanently. I lost the first time (there was something to do with babies for some reason) but "unlocked the music gallery" for some reason. I savescummed and won the second time.

Clearly, the final boss is LordSlowpoke.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:38 pm »

Crazy dream from two nights ago was sort of like a platforming video game with crazy-color SNES-esque graphics about some guy who I think was in a blue space suit of sorts trying to save the world from having punctuation removed permanently. I lost the first time (there was something to do with babies for some reason) but "unlocked the music gallery" for some reason. I savescummed and won the second time.

Clearly, the final boss is LordSlowpoke.
Mmm. I don't know. Was there a hidden door or something to fight Tuypo1?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 05, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »

He's the boss of Level 6, "Protect Capitalization!" :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 05, 2014, 11:26:14 pm »

The parts I remember of my dream last night involved some blind guy receiving this miraculous new surgery/technology (actually a couple of foam darts stuck to his eyes with a thumbtack ???) which allowed him to see, and then setting up some weird 'background camera' for a TV show, pointing at the ocean through a gap in the grass growing on the side of a cliff.

Tiruin and Skyrunner (or their avatars and forum personalities, at least :P) were the ones who drove him there in some sort of 4wd/jeep, with Tiruin being a crazy driver and just ploughing happily through the undergrowth much to Sky's terror. Then they helped the guy set up his weird-eye-things and then the camera.
(I think at first the eye-devices just helped boost his abilities to... feel light shining on his skin or something, then got upgraded?)

A bit earlier in the dream my sister (the one who I don't despise with the fury of a thousand suns) and I met the blind man, and I didn't realise he was blind at first for whatever reason. Oddly enough we were standing around outside on a sunny day and telling him of the dangers of sunburn/skin cancer, possibly because he couldn't tell how sunny it was? I'm not sure.
Anyway, I thought it was mainly because he was a ginger and thus more susceptible to sunburn. I only found out later in the dream that he was blind. I guess the guy was really good at... pretending not to be blind?

The last bit of the dream was me telling my mother where I'd purchased some weird hoodie I was wearing. She'd asked where it was from earlier in the dream and I'd said Jeanswest, only to see an advertisement right at the end of the dream for some other store, reminding me that that was actually where I'd bought it.
Yeah, exciting stuff, subconscious. >.>

All I remember of my earlier dream(s) was that it/they were heavily inspired by Dragon's Dogma.
I've been having a lot of Dragon's Dogma-related dreams lately.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 06, 2014, 12:42:25 am »

Two dreams now involving holding a sleeping baby. Yes, brain, I know that's what my near future entails, but damn, lay off for a little bit. Although, sleeping baby is :3, so I won't complain too much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 06, 2014, 01:17:51 am »

I had a dream where 300 people were all in massive building. One of them was an assassin, sent to kill select members. It was me. Details are hazy, but I distinctly remember exploding the entire building to make SURE all targets were eliminated.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:15 am »

Does your boss happen to be Professor Moriarty?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:38 am »

What are you people eating?

All my dreams are about being late for something. Seriously. All of them. I'm becoming terrified of sleep.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 06, 2014, 06:21:13 am »

My attacks are based on inappropriateness
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 06, 2014, 02:09:25 pm »

My attacks are based on inappropriateness
Congratulations! You have successfully capitalised a letter!
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 339