Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567255 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1860 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:26 pm »

I had a movie-like dream sequence where a guy who is supposed to be that guy from the Shawshank Redemption getting the tar beaten out of him by a skinny bald guy with a goatee holding a rock the size of two fists while the other prisoners watch. There was no malice in it, it was some kind of weird initiation ceremony and for some reason he doesn't seem to get much injuries from getting brained with a big, heavy rock. Suddenly one of the prisoners walked out from the rank with another big rock and tried to hit the Shawshank guy, but he quickly found a big rock and blocked it. Then everyone was still for a while as the goatee guy took out two foldable combs which have knives on one side, like one of those novelty switchblade combs except with real blade. He gave one to the Shawshank guy and they had a knife fight. I don't remember much after that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 30, 2014, 11:37:59 pm »

I recently vaugly remembered a dream I had many many many years ago I went skydiving but jumped out about 15 meters of the ground I was fine also it was outside my home
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 31, 2014, 12:12:32 am »

ptw
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 31, 2014, 12:34:44 am »

I keep having this recurring dream:

I'm on an OOOOLD PC, like Bill Gate's Garage Project Old, yet it has all the access to today's tech, but I'm surfing this one web forum with a black Site BG and Gold-amber text.

If i post something, Someone IRL makes it happen, thing is every time i have the dream, i post something new and can see my old posts from past recurs as well as posts from other people.

--Example of the posts-become real: This last time I said I was working on my Meiko Vocaloid and then mysteriously, an exact duplicate of the Meiko MMD model i like the most walked up with a tool kit and said "ready for fine tuning".
-----------this example is pretty reasonable considering I'm in a huge KH/Vocaloid/MMD/PreCure mood right now and Meiko & Kaito are the Vocaloids I like the most

But seriously why do i keep having this dream and what's with the gold-amber text i prefer silver over gold/amber
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:21 am »

The last dream I can remember started with me playing some team-based multiplayer videogame with my mother.
Can't remember exactly what it was, probably a shooter? Edit: Actually, looking back I believe it was Uncharted 3. Weird. Anyway, we were on the same team, and eventually I went to shoot some enemy in this weird, bright yellow and blue costume when there was a sudden lag-spike-- which enabled him to kill me.
I had a hissy-fit, shouting about how stupid that was and how that moron was probably hacking. Note, I didn't actually swear at all, since my mother was there, but she at once got angry at me for my reaction and started angrily cussing me out.

Which is bizarre, because whilst my mother used to swear at me all the time, she never dropped an F-bomb or anything like that. Anyway, I responded by swearing back at her in response (I can't remember if this was actually outside the game, or if our characters were shown abusing each other) and stormed off, and the argument continued later and got really nasty, just like the arguments we used to have when I lived with her. Last part I remember is me saying something to her, and her only response being this withering glare that apparently caused me to wake up.

Oddly enough, I had that dream after spending a day visiting her, which was actually surprisingly pleasant. ???
Is my subconscious warning me not to be lulled into a false sense of security, that she could start being nasty again at any time?
Probably. *shrug* It was weird, and not overly exciting as far as dreams go, but it's the only one that's stuck in my memory lately.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:37:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 31, 2014, 11:44:01 am »

I can't remember any recent dreams, but I can still remember a really stupid nightmare I had when I was five.

I was eating lunch during class, and was sent to a different room. The room started filling up with lava. How did I escape the lava, you ask? By standing on the table. The table was made of wood.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 31, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

I can't remember any recent dreams, but I can still remember a really stupid nightmare I had when I was five.

I was eating lunch during class, and was sent to a different room. The room started filling up with lava. How did I escape the lava, you ask? By standing on the table. The table was made of wood.
Classic. The floor is lava.

A recent dream of mine involved demons taking over the world and bringing all humans to hell.
After some time in a medieval-looking city (dis?), hiding like rats in some remote tower along the remparts, me and a whole bunch of people were turned into demonic lions/wolf things and dumped outside the city in a hellish savannah, for the amusement of the demons.
I took the head of one of the newly-formed packs, and territories were settled. I remember mine being quite central.
Then, as things get boring, the demons come and hunt some of the packs. Mine hide and escape unscathed, but all the neighboring packs are all but wiped out. I immediately task my pack with rescuing the survivors and claiming half of each neighboring territory, leaving the other halves to other packs. The reasoning was that otherwise we'd be overextended, and that by getting something out of the deal, even less than what they hoped, the other packs would settle down and peace would ensue.

I woke up by that point. Just as it turned into CK2. With lions. Demonic lions. In hell.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 31, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »

Last night, I had a zombie dream. Anyways, in my house, there is this glass door, so the zombies broke it down, and I murder them all with a pistol I have for some reason. I run a few blocks down a main street, passing a bunch of people going slower than me, or in their cars in the gridlock. Then, I turn onto a side street, and the ocean is at the end of it behind a railing. So I use my parkour skills that I don't actually have, and leap over it onto the docks about ten meters below. There's this old Mexican guy on a fishing boat, and he beckons me on his boat, then he speeds out of the bay. However, there is this big bridge crossing the bay, and the water is very shallow here, and people are fleeing under the bridge. They try to jump on, but I kill most of them with the pistol. So I said there was a tiny uninhabited island that I know of, and he goes there. We get out of the bay, then I wake up. Dream over. It was quite exciting, so I was sad when I woke up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:35:37 am by Alev »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 01, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »

Alright, this dream was crazy.

So, in the dream, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out. I went to go buy a copy (and for some reason the box art featured a meteor flying out of space at Hoenn), but the game store had, of all things, the Mexican version. I bought a copy of the Mexican version and also the typical English one.

I played the Mexican version (and in, of all places, a house full of high school seniors), but all of the dialogue was in English (but interspersed intensely with vulgarity.) I then tried to pawn it off on this guy I know, but he didn't want to buy it.

Then I woke up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »

I had a dream I was at the apartment of a couple friends who moved away a couple months ago. Except it wasn't their apartment, it was a really old building that I've never seen before.

The front door didn't lock, so you could walk right into their living room. The door from their living room to the rest of their house had a functional lock, but they were worried about their TV and stuff and when I came in we talked and they bitched about the landlord a bit.

At some point I just started wandering around the place and got to a stairwell that didn't have a ceiling - the stairs went up to the rubbly roof of the building. The stairway and roof were overgrown with all sorts of plants (there was even a small tree on the roof), and I spent the last few minutes of the dream appreciating all the plants and looking at them while my friend complained about her landlord.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »

I had a dream

See, I know it's unrelated, but every time someone starts their sentence with that, everything afterwards is about black people to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

I had a dream I was at the apartment of a couple black friends who were forced to move away because of racist laws a couple months ago. Except it wasn't their apartment, it was a really old building that I've never seen before.

The front door didn't lock, so you could walk right into their living room—obviously a racist plot so that they would be mugged. The door from their living room to the rest of their house had a functional lock, but they were worried about their TV and stuff and when I came in we talked and they bitched about the white, racist landlord a bit.

At some point I just started wandering around the place and got to a stairwell that didn't have a ceiling - the stairs went up to the rubbly roof of the building, whcih was another plot that would let them be mugged. The stairway and roof were overgrown with all sorts of plants (there was even a small tree on the roof), and I spent the last few minutes of the dream appreciating all the plants and looking at them while my friend complained about her landlord.
Fixed according to what DwArfY may have thought.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 02, 2014, 08:34:13 pm »

I remember an old dream I had years ago, I was at a camp and every few hours I think around 12 a 2 t-rex's would come out, the first time they came out I hid under a picnic table, which was enough to keep them from seeing me, the second time however I hid in a log and they saw me, so the t-rex comes over to this log (which is floating now) and bites off my leg, red jello spews all over where my leg was before and the second t-rex had got over by my head, the t-rex is going in for another bite to get my other leg and I wake up.

Last night I also had a strange dream which ended with me using my power to lift an entire farm off the ground to keep it safe from some people who were going to steal it.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 02, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

I just remembered another dream from when I was a kid my house burnt down but I lives in a difrent house in the dream then in real life
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 02, 2014, 09:37:10 pm »

Freaking DEJA VU!
I had a dream a long time ago(like 2004) about an artwork of a Blonde Guy who could easily be mistaken for a blonde woman with a trench coat that had speakers woven into it.
then as I searched for images of YOHIOLoid(a male vocaloid I recently began liking)....I find the exact image from my dream on DeviantArt as a fan-made redesign.
When the Deja Vu hit is when I proclaimed aloud, "Usually I don't like stuff like this but that's a nice redo!"

When Deja Vu hits me btw, I usually get nauseous and unable to stand or sit straight....Oh and did I mention it(Deja Vu) happens often with me?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:40:54 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 339