Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512744 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1785 on: July 12, 2014, 10:59:46 am »

I just remembered some random dream I had one time where I was going down a hallway in a style similar to AntiChamber and Stanley Parable. Well, I was checking out all the different doors and seeing where they led; and it had plenty of non-euclidean physics in it (some hallways looped, even though they were distances apart from one another). However, what I didn't expect were that some rooms weren't lit, and others seemed unnaturally dark (like the darkness in Amnesia).

Of course, as I was checking the rooms, I kept talking to myself, keeping tabs of any patterns and such; and in one of the passes (100+ rooms already checked out by this point), I basically saw another dark room, and said to myself "Yep, another black room.", and I hear out of the blue, I assume from the room itself, in Tracy Morgan's voice "Hey, that's racist!". Caught me so off-guard, I busted out laughing for a good few minutes in the dream. I continued onward for a good while longer, and then eventually woke up.

Of all the rooms I explored, that one still sticks to mind, just by how it was delivered. So absurd, and random; but no less funny.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:04:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 13, 2014, 04:04:00 am »

I usually don't have dreams worth remembering (little more than me being in a dark place surrounded by shadow figures and an intense feeling of fear and sadness), but I had an interesting one few days ago.
It involved my older brother as a member of a metal band on a tour and my twin brother + myself as members of the band's supporting crew. We arrived to a large city several days before the concert was to happen, as this was supposed to be the most important show of the tour and we planned something super special, which needed time to prepare. I remember checking in at the hotel and working on the stage. Everything was going smoothly until the second day my older brother disappeared. We searched for him in the obvious places (his hotel room, pubs near the hotel, etc.), but found no trace of him. After some time the rest of the band somehow came to a conclusion that it was the fault of my twin brother and myself, after which they drove us from the hotel with no money, no phones or IDs of any sort.
We decided the best thing we could do was to find our brother ASAP so all this mess can be sorted out. Several days later we encountered a group of hobos who said they might know what happened to him. They led us under a large bridge in a less populated part of the city, where they explained it was a trap and that they were paid to stop us searching for our brother. We beat them up and managed to convince one of them to tell us what he knew. He said we should go to an old junkyard not far from there to find our answers. The junkyard was huge, with mountains of rusting cars, electronics and an occasional plane. It also contained a small building made of corrugated steel with one door and one tiny window. We broke inside, into an empty room. After a while we discovered a hidden switch opening an entrance to an underground complex with very tight security. Thanks to dream logic, we knew exactly where to go. When we get there (Mission: Impossible style, if it was performed by two clumsy almost-hobos) we find a 5x3 meters all-white room with many small scientific instruments and computers along the walls and a strange device occupying most of the room in the center. I looked through a small glass-like window into the device, where I saw something I recognized as belonging to my older brother (no idea what it was). For a while we looked for a way to open the device, but to no avail. So we did the logical thing and broke it to pieces and took the thing. That activated an alarm and the place started blowing up, so we jumped out of a window on the wall opposite to the door (the window was fake, we were still underground at this point). Somehow we appeared on the surface, having jumped out of the tiny window of the corrugated steel building. I jumped back in, grabbed a piece from the device's window, decided to use it instead of a shoe I somehow lost (despite it being just a small flat glass-like shard) and jumped out again.
We headed away from the city, talking about what happened. As we were approaching a forest, we swore to find those responsible, make them pay for what they have done, get our answers and if possible save our brother. After that, I distinctively remember saying: "Winter is coming, it will be cold soon. I should grow a beard so I can make a coat for myself."
One time skip later, we returned to the city as a (in)famous duo of hobos traveling the land, helping people and fighting crime, while being dressed only in clothes made of our own hair and making snarky remarks.
Then I woke up.

That's a pretty awesome dream, I gotta say.

Anyway, I can't remember much of today's dream, but it was set in some small town/village being fought over by two factions of orcs.
I believe it might have been based on/inspired by the Lakeside map in The Last of Us multiplayer, but some parts were different.
Things were pretty evenly matched in the conflict, but then the enemy side had this big half-troll join them (an olog-hai or whatever) and as well as being huge and violent, this guy was really smart, too. (I think it may have been a videogame, and the person playing the olog really knew their shit, all the game's exploits and code and stuff.)

Don't remember much of what went on after that, but at one point I was trapped in this really old, crumbling wooden church-like building at the top of the village, which was falling apart from water damage, with the olog. For whatever reason he didn't kill me, (I was a fairly small orc, by the way, more like a goblin if I remember right) and instead I had to help him out with various things/chores while he was using the building as a vantage point over the town.

Eventually an orc from my side came into the building, not knowing about the olog being there and thinking I was alone.
The olog charged at him and I ran, fleeing out the door in terror only to suddenly discover a spine and turn around, despite being a wussy goblin, to help my friend. He was doing his best to dodge the troll's attacks, but I didn't expect him to last long.
I picked up some small finchbar, and despite being at an awkward angle I threw it back through the rotted hole in the wall I'd ran out of.
It hit the olog in the lower back, not doing much damage but distracting him long enough that my comrade had time to flee, while the troll hurled some metal bar at me which I managed to duck. After that we ran back to re-join with the rest of our team, and there was a skirmish in the snow between a bunch of buildings at the bottom of town. Then I woke up.

Oddly enough, at some point when my goblin self was in the church-type building, I remember discussing its beautiful architecture with someone, and what a shame it was for such an amazing building to be in such poor condition. If it was the troll I was talking to, well, that'd just make it even more weird and amusing. :P
It may have partly fallen down later on. Pretty sure the reason the troll needed me at all was because he couldn't really go up into the upper floors (well, second storey) because the wood was so rotten, whilst I was just a light, nimble goblin.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 13, 2014, 08:48:11 pm »

So, when I nodded off a bit earlier, I had a pretty strange dream. I was the Dovahkiin, in Skyrim. I was faced with Alduin interrupting my execution, but instead of running around with my hands cuffed together, I ripped the chain apart, then reached for the nearest goat and chucked it at the dragon. The goat's horns got stuck into the dragon's neck, and the beast fell to the ground. There was a little display that popped up that said, "The spinning =goat= has lodged firmly in the wound!"

So, I ran up to the dragon at ludicrous speed and punched it's skull in. Of course, I then went about absorbing his soul.

The executioner looks around and asks, "So, do I go back to executing you now, or what?" I took the goat out of the dragon by the leg and impaled it clean through the guard's torso. Then I woke up. I'm starting to think something's wrong with my brain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 13, 2014, 08:55:48 pm »

Wow.

DF meets Skyrim.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1789 on: July 13, 2014, 08:57:41 pm »

I'm starting to think something's wrong with my brain.
That was actually the most glorious thing I have ever read.

I dreamed I was on a zeppelin that was (somehow) controlled by a DF interface, and nobody knew how it worked. The inevitable happened: the ship crashed and burned. Next I was at home trying to repair a broken window with superglue, because apparently some kind of evil giant bobcat thing was attacking the house and would climb in if the window was not repaired.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 14, 2014, 10:09:12 am »

So Saturday night's dream, as I can remember;

-First, I have 'movie' style dreams, where there is a plot, and it usually (mostly) makes sense when I wake.
-I usually feature the same places in my dreams, whether or not they are from the same perspective, or even a new section or part previously unseen.

So:

I was in a grocery store I distinctly remember for having lots of meat and very distinct sections  I remember last time I was here I stole something (I forgot what, and in the dream I skipped that detail) and now I wanted to find who did it.  So I went into the back room, where there was a warehouse like setting.  To the right was a private enclosure and going straight were swinging doors with portholes in them.  To their right and winding back to me was a staircase to a basement.  I investigate into the area to my right.  Inside there is a billboard and on it is a bunch of photos and names.  Apparently somebody was keeping tabs on those names, because there was also a list of things they did, including theft, assault, and murder.

Cue the swinging doors to open.  Out come two guys with black faces (literally just holes for faces) and huge muscles, wielding a bat and knife.  They say a few words, ask me to make my peace with god, and the one with the knife jabs it into my head.  I next rememebr coming back as a ghost, and looking around.  Nobody was there, except an older, balding italian man with a jumpsuit on.  I asked him what happened and he explains I was dead by the people from the billboard, which was in front of us.  He recommends that I get used to this new existence, because he hadn't found a way to move on yet; why should I?

I snark at him a bit, promise to find a way, and suddenly I'm in the attic of the movie Beetlejuice, where the model town was.  Except the model was a dollhouse.  As I approach the dollhouse something moves on it.  Little men with beards (yes) come out and chop down all the trees, and go back inside.  Then, raptors come.  Little men with beards and axes come out and attack them, drag their wounded back inside, and go outside to play.  Then a 'claymation' T-Rex comes by., they dwarves drop their toys, throw their hands up, and run inside.  The T-Rex tries to catch them, but no luck.  He rams the house, no luck, then, he rams the door and sticks his head inside.  The dwarves are inside of a hatch, and almost ready to close it.  The T-Rex forces his head inside and grabs a few, throwing them out of the windows with his mouth.  Climbing over the house, he gets to the backyard to devour them.

Then I awoke.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:42 am »

Nice!

Well, the dream(s?) I had earlier (after deciding to aggressively nap since today was just too much of a hopeless failure to be bothered with) involved gunfights, pizza, a hot black-clad bodyguard based on a girl I used to know, determined, highly-trained assassins, pizza, myself as an older british(?) woman, near-death experiences, hopeless unrequited love, action, confusing flashbacks, and a chase scene through a forest in which some bystander's head was messily crushed by the rear tire of a 'hog' motorcycle after he dived out of the way.

Well then. It's nice to know that when the shittiness of the real world gets too much to bear, I can just nap it all away and take refuge in the awesomeness of the dream world. :)) inb4 I develop an addiction to sleeping pills as a way to escape my problems...

I just wish I could remember more of the details. I think I've been awake for a bit too long since I had the dream, sadly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 15, 2014, 06:22:22 am »

Had a dream where I finally answered my phone when one of those odd numbers called me.

It was just static, with my voice echoing back at me louder and louder until I hung up.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 15, 2014, 08:53:51 am »

In my most recent dream I seemed to be a retired Royal Marine, though for the entirety of the dream I was in the US. For the first part of the dream I was trying to deal with a haunted mansion, then from out of nowhere, aliens. It turns out my squad was actually part of an alien infiltration force, who also kidnapped my wife and daughter. After a hard battle to get them back, I rescued them, which left me with my eight alien squad members. They told me that, if I killed them now, no one would believe me and I would go to jail. I responded by getting my assault rifle out of my car and saying "I don't give a damn, I'm going to slaughter every one of you!" Which led to a series of bossfights, also halfway through one the squad member turned into a giant Darth Vader head, rising out of the swamp, attacking, and then sinking back in.

Also there was another dream where I played a MOBA where you could have multiple characters. Being the strategy master I am, I just got the max and swarmed everyone.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 15, 2014, 09:43:51 am »

Oh boy, I had a bunch of dreams this morning.

One involved me moving into my first apartment, but I remember it had something to do with tv shows from the 90's, and something I was hoping to discover in the attic.

Another was me accidentally pissing off the Winter Court of Faerie, and being terrified to enter a hedge maze with friends because of it. (Who knows where they will be hiding?) I know I ended up discussing my dilemma with a faerie that was unaligned with either side.

Lastly, of the ones I remember the least of at least, involved Mega Man X and other characters from that series accidentally ending up killing a unicorn. (I don't remember eating anything weird...)

Now that the small dreams are out of the way...

My first big dream of the two had to do with a dystopia set inside America. The United States government apparently didn't care about it's people anymore, and took power, with the help of a Department of Time Control. Somehow they captured Superman and sealed him inside some sort of stasis. In order to keep up the facade of him being free, they made a wooden cutout of him as Clark Kent and animated it using some animatronics to make it seem like he was making a few rounds around the city. (except it was attached to a rail system. How no one noticed was probably Dream Logic.) Inside a building, some people were having a pizza party, and one person began discussing this weird machine inside the place they were eating in. Just as he started to talk about turning it off, time froze and some people in dark suits appeared to take notes, and rewind things to before him talking about dismantling the machine. They talk about something else this time, but one of them accidentally spills a drink onto the machine, and suddenly Superman appears! He has a pizza, and later on after getting himself a silver and golden suit with an eagle instead of an S, begins to fight for the people. Also, something about spying with satellites and weather balloons appears in the dream.

My second big dream involved me and a few friends of mine inside a bus headed someplace in Canada. We were in wheelchairs for some reason, but after scooting off the bus and traveling a few blocks to a restaurant, we all stood up fine. When we entered, an employee asked me what I wanted out of their menu. I saw something that read "American", and being the curious person I was I ordered it. I ended up being given a Kit-Kat. (O.O) As I was eating, the employees, customers, and even my friends were talking about how great Canada was, how awesome their health-care was, how cool the Mounties were, just on and on about how perfect Canada was.

I think I want to go to Canada and my mind is trying to convince me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:46:52 am by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 15, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »

I had an interesting dream.

It started out pretty normal going on a trip, except I was with my dad which is weird then eventually after weird driving and jumping over railing to get on the highway we ended up in some weird restaurant. we didn't really eat anything and we just sat on this weird cardboard bed my dad decided to kiss some random woman going by and my mom just stood there like nothing happened.

later I was in a forest and stuff I had the ability to undo what I had done before (that would be nice irl) and I did some stuff.

Then I joined some evil organization ruled by a witch, me and some other guys were taking a shower (in separate showers) and two girls came over and looked down in the shower I was in and talked to each other wondering whether or not I was a pervert. A little later I was  going to get some weird metal thing infused to me and it would be protective shell for my head.. before I was able to get it installed on me I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 15, 2014, 03:31:05 pm »

I dreamed that a giant, fire-breathing squid and an army of zombie pirates were attacking the city I live in. Spock was there too for some reason, and he gave me a sword made of cheese, and told me to go fight the zombie pirates. Whenever I hit one of the pirates with the cheese sword, they would just vanish. After I killed the pirates, I had a Shadow of the Colossus style battle with the squid. It threw me at a building with one of its tentacles, and right before I hit the building, I woke up.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 15, 2014, 04:33:42 pm »

I dreamed that a giant, fire-breathing squid and an army of zombie pirates were attacking the city I live in. Spock was there too for some reason, and he gave me a sword made of cheese, and told me to go fight the zombie pirates. Whenever I hit one of the pirates with the cheese sword, they would just vanish. After I killed the pirates, I had a Shadow of the Colossus style battle with the squid. It threw me at a building with one of its tentacles, and right before I hit the building, I woke up.

I believe Sheogorath visited you.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 15, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

I had a dream about a war that used Cannons(old style cannons) that fired Rainbow Laser Chainsaw Butterflies riding Train-like cats.
the war was over the difference between Red and Violet.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 15, 2014, 06:00:43 pm »

I had a dream about a war that used Cannons(old style cannons) that fired Rainbow Laser Chainsaw Butterflies riding Train-like cats.
the war was over the difference between Red and Violet.

what. ._. I think it is time for you to merge with me so that we make become the perfect being
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 339