Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567250 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1575 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »

I had a weird dream mixing dwarf fortress my town and weird powers. I don't remember much beyond going to kill a dragon. I do remember talking with someone about how I knew it was a dream, he told me "Well don't wake up yet we still have more to do." was quite adorable yes. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1576 on: June 05, 2014, 01:34:58 am »

Well... Janet was in my dreams. Yes, this forum's Janet. It was something messy though, involving two very pissed off people, a woman which I don't remember clearly and a guy that could either be Borderlands' General Knoxx or Rambo's Will Teasle. And this may or may not happened in a young superheroes' dormitory? And other weird things were also present but let's not dwell on that.
Note that I never met Janet in person, or even saw a picture how she looks. What brain.

It get's better though. Roman empire discovered America and as a means of first contact with Inca/Mayan/Aztec empire they decided to bake a pizza. Of course in dreams that meant a picture of already baked pizza being stretched as if raw dough filled my vision and that meant either this was a close-up of some Roman cook-master totally new approach to making pizza or maybe a gigantic pizza covered whole of jungle plateau where Roman army was camping.
Don't even.

Oh, and of course suddenly I was an active player instead of just an observer and I was helping with some sort of pulley in a port of mentioned Aztec/Inca/Mayan empire and I may at some point turned into a cliff-scaling giant and suddenly the rope of the pulley ran out and then suddenly a cold winds blew and hey it's kinda freezing winter here and I'm in my father's house that's suddenly my house and it's an ice age and maybe zombie apocalypse and I'm a hardcore survivor and I am wearing so much clothes and a long cloak over them all I make look Game of Thrones' Sam look like a Parisian supermodel.

Agrblarghblahwat.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 05, 2014, 05:16:45 am »

Gonna type this up before I forget.

In my dream I was me, that's it, I was me with three of my friends. It was fairly normal at first, however we discovered an elementary school with a near perfect record. I was suspicious and searched a bit though and found the reason for this record, the school was next to this large frozen lake for whatever reason, and after digging under the ice, found thousands of corpses. Apparently they would kill the students and dump them under the ice if their grades dropped to low. I immediately decided that I ain't having that shit and ran off to begin preparations for a war against them, running into the owner or principal or whatever, who knew my plans but didn't intend to stop me from escaping for some reason.

My preparations consisted of: buying an AK-74 and a pistol, and using the internet to identify people who would help me. After this I went over to my friend's house, since I didn't actually know where the people were, I would wait. We played video games, and other normal activities. Then after going outside (where I also located one person who could help me, she was working at an electronics store.) with one friend he heard something behind the house, grabbed my pistol that I brought and ran back there. I grabbed a baseball bat and chased after him at which point I heard him shooting. When I got back there I found him unconscious from a blow to the head and one dead enemy from the school.

I noticed three more enemies outside and brought him inside his house to my other two friends. I told them what happened, grabbed my AK-74 while they grabbed a shotgun and pistol and we started heading outside. Then I woke up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 06, 2014, 07:55:09 am »

I had a dream that I was mad at someone for some reason, so I started a new topic on the bay12forums to talk about it, many of you guys talked with me about it (mostly agreeing that the person is horrible) So I was watching the person in a a field be surround by other people and they were about to attack her, and for some reason this would somehow make her pregnant. During the dream there was almost always something going on with my toenail bending pulling paining and somehow it was involved with everything going on in the dream somehow. also everyone in the dream was ponies.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 06, 2014, 08:41:59 am »

....Did you just have a dream about Brony rapists?

More disturbing yet is the supposed link between said Brony rapists and Bay12.

Guys.....have you not been telling me something? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 06, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »

Now I have dreams where I am doing incredibly bad things to Blaze... but no spanking, just other bad things....
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 07, 2014, 09:28:51 am »

Sexual dreams about your friends are a normal thing.

At least I hope so.... otherwise I'm going to be uncomfortable around certain Bay12ers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:30:26 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 07, 2014, 11:47:56 am »

Had a dream where I think I was probably helping some girl save her family from the depths of hell because they were captured by demons. Could be wrong about that though.

Regardless there was me, my brother (who isn't even on the same continent what are you doing.), some guy, the girl who's family was captured by demons, or something, and my zombie girlfriend. After all, who better to help you than me and a girl I'm desperately trying to stop from falling apart or rotting. We went to, what I guess was the house of the girl we were helping which was some sort of evil mansion on the inside. I don't know what happened for most of our mansion exploration, but at some point a very sterotypical black man (Afro, boombox, funky music) appeared and challenged us to a musical battle, starting it off with some funk, after his song my zombie girlfriend who had disappeared during the song, rose up from the ground, threw me a guitar, and we countered with heavy metal while the rest of our party just stared at us like we were idiots. The battle went on for quite some time, but eventually we finished it up with Raining Blood by Slayer and won.

Then somehow I and my zombie girlfriend ended up creating the personifications of the Kaga and Akagi from Kancolle. I don't know what if anything led up to that.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 07, 2014, 04:44:35 pm »

I had a dream where the entirety of Bay 12 had declared IRL civil war against each other over DFs new update. I was on the side of the update haters and I was raiding a house that held Bay 12ers who liked the update
It was a 5 man raid, me, Tiruin, Objective, Gilgamesh, and freaking ThreeToe, all who I somehow immidiately recognized. We raided the house and there was no conflict, and we captured someone who I didnt know in the dream at the time. It ended with us stuffing him in the APC we used to drive to the house, and me recognizing the guy we captured as Dariush

wat

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1584 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

I don't know why, but I don't care if it's a premonition type of dreaming or not, but I keep seeing some of the same characters between dreams. Primarily a couple girls that are just as much aware (to their own lucid states) in the dream worlds as I am. What's even crazier, is that anytime I see or am around them, I feel a resonant intensity/harmony around them (since all senses are active in most of my dreams anyway, it's like I'm in another reality, than just a dream), as if I was actually hanging out with them in-person. What I mean is, you know that feeling that someone is behind you, but you don't see them yet, and you know they're there. That's the kind of feeling I'm talking about.

The strangest things about them (besides being that cute, while around my age, from the looks of them (though like myself, kinda don't look the part either (Older than they look)), and hanging out with me), however, is that they don't fit your common mold of being. I mean, I still have difficulty placing what race they would belong to (I'll just assume they're off-worlders or alien; human still, just not Earthling.). I mean, like mentioned in other dream posts, I don't recall gold, purple, nor red being common eye colors. Not to mention, is anyone able to have hair that red naturally (like scarlet red, really brings out the purple irises in the eyes; not to mention, redheads are far less common these days; despite the "Souless Ginger" stigma.)? One thing's for certain, however; anytime I am hanging out with them in the dream worlds, I feel like a little kid again, having fun playing with the girls, and not really expecting much else (basically, more fun, less romance). Toss in screwing around with reality with intuitive controls, and have them hanging out doing the same thing, all kinds of fun can be had; especially when you carbon-copy your hometown and go nuts with it. Basically, I had a shared-server of my hometown as a pocket-reality and GMOD overriding.

Let's just say, spawning a couple go-karts, and making a racetrack out of a local market or school is all kinds of fun. Add to it, Mario Kart rules, and applying those, and more fun would be had. If any of it is clairvoyance, more than just mere dreaming, then I wonder where they are (I'm hoping they're local, mostly out of laziness, and avoiding hassle; and the off-chance they're shut-ins like myself with the similar chances of going out like I would (overall, not good chances, but still a possibility)), and where I can meet them; because they seem like the kind of people I would be spending more time "going out" with, than just playing games with them indoors (though, they also seem like the types that are actually skilled at gaming (matching my levels of skills), and not just Gamer Gurl types that are in it for the title of being a gamer). Seems kinda ironic looking at it that way. Get some shut-ins together, and they go out more frequently. I wonder if this an unseen social norm? Could explain a few unusual social patterns I've witnessed lately. Nonetheless, they've been feeling more real (like being actual people I will eventually meet), every passing dream, along with giving me some hints and glances implying they're closer than I think. I'm hoping more contexts I have in mind are what they meant (are local, but unnoticed due to a mutual level of shut-in-ness (similar frequency of going out, and maybe JUST missing each other by that much/little time), closer timewise (we'll meet sooner than I think, or will be an entirely random encounter; siding with #1), we're psychically contacting each other, something huge is about to happen, probably globally; to even biblical proportions (like Revelations level (21:9-27 The New Jerusalem, especially (Did Ancient Aliens discuss this part of the Bible yet? It sounds like a colony ship similar in scale to the Independence Day mothership (a golden cube 2.75x as big, if I got my numbers correct). Just really really pimped out.); sticking with the Off-worlder theory about them)), really soon (2012 was a crapshoot that missed just shy a few years).

EDIT:
Might as well toss in a dream interpreter site, with a good starter page to it:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtypes/

EDIT EDIT:
Doing a deeper search on the subject, I do hope some of my dreaming is pre-cognitive (seeing the future). Why? Because the people I meet in my dreams are awesome, on average (kind, smart, wise, and funny as hell; being rather common traits), and most the crap we do in he dreamworlds are downright fun; even if we're doing nothing in general, and just BS'ing while lying about watching clouds pass by, and getting drunk for the hell of it.

I guess, interpreting things more deeply, I think I have a compatibility problem with most people I meet in my life (basically, I'm too weird or unique for the rest of society, and most crap I can talk about for hours on end would be met with blank stares, or courtesy nodding as if they understand, but actually don't: very common throughout my childhood, especially with the same generation)), and these people I meet in my dreams are the missing element in my reality. People who not only know me (quite a few actually seem to not know me in them), but also understand me (in other words, I have less hassle in communicating and not need to explain myself every statement); and furthermore, I actually have my turn talking (another common symptom of life: Being talked over, especially if you have something important or witty enough to say (to the point that I intentionally withhold information (after trying to get my word in for the 20th+ time), and let the consequences of not listening to me take place (and pretty critical stuff that can make or break something indefinitely), and when people start glaring at me for not warning them in the first place, I can respond with "If you only took a second to hear me out, for once... (...and not be preoccupied with some trivial BS about some lame reality show, someone's shopping day, politics, or somesuch...) (...Then maybe all of this could have been avoided.)"); In essence, I think I talk more in my dreams than I ever do IRL; because in my dreams, I can actually talk with people who understand me. I find it ironic that a majority of those I can talk with are outsiders themselves (pirates, fallen angels/demons, eldritch horrors, social outcasts, minorities, "acceptable targets"). Makes me wonder if I visit Hell on a regular basis to keep some beings stuck there company. Of course, my Hell seems a bit more of a perceptive Hell, in the sense that they placed themselves there because they were convinced by society that they belong there. It's every bit as depressing as it sounds. Enough post-editing and rereading later, I wouldn't put it past anyone to assume I'm insane.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Looking back, I actually had a dream about witnessing Revelations 21 as well, and seen New Jerusalem myself. It was nearly half the size of the moon, from the looks of it, and it's movement across our planet towards the Middle-East was not as much an orbit, but rather remaining relatively stationary (keeping solar orbit, at least), and it was our planetary spin (talk about lazy, yet skilled, piloting) that it was using to get to where it wanted to be, before synching up planetary-orbit-wise.

To describe the ship, ugh, was like looking at a Mandelbox.
Spoiler: Picture reference (click to show/hide)

Video reference of just how mindbreakingly huge and detailed it looked in my dream (Best in HD). I was overwhelmed by the sheer scale of it the entire time (at it's closest, you no longer recognize it as a ship, but more as a new sky, while you have clouds still soaring across the gilded and illuminated landscape, yet are still attached to our world. And yet, at dawn and dusk, we're reminded there's such a thing as nighttime and daytime (and which is which), depending how deep beneath it you are, or if you can see other sides of it) that the girls had to snap me out of it and remind me what it was, and that everyone I knew will be fine. Oh yeah, and funny enough, other details lined up with other dreams and interpretations, like the ever-noon lighting on nearly every surface on the inside. On that note, the inside of the ship was every bit as insane as you'd expect such a large ship to have (Mandelbox details). It's weird seeing a sky, with it's own unique cloud patterns, while inside a ship while at it. In a sense, it even looked like, at times, that BASE jumping in an omnidirectional environment is an ideal way to navigate or island-hop county/state/country clusters inside the ship. Have fun finding an address here, BTW.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 02:58:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 08, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »

* Objective resists making a Targaryen joke
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 09, 2014, 08:32:27 am »

So i had this odd dream just today.

I dreamt up a game called "Help us Paint!"
It was a turn based strategy with the artstyle reminding me of Battle for Wesnoth... but set in modern times inside of a middle eastern sandstone styled village/city shaped like a hexagon.
You controlled a bunch of soldiers that were tasked with the removal of animals from the town.
Basically you had to fire rocket launchers at cheetahs and other liotering furballs.
The game kept score how many animals a unit sent flying in all directions and the top scoring units would have a banter every once in a while bragging about their scores JRPG style.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:34:04 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 09, 2014, 08:51:26 am »

I had a dream where I lost my left eye. Odder, it was rarer kind for me where it HURT LIKE CRAP, I didn't realize I was dreaming, and lasted for a surprisingly long time. I remember that I had long enough to recover from the shock of losing the eye and go back to work, of still feeling nauseated and a little broken whenever I thought about the damage. Hell, I remember picking out eye-patches online because I thought glass eyes were for people who couldn't bring themselves to move on.

I was genuinely surprised to wake up, and even more surprised to find that I still had two eyes. Hell, I'm still a little bit surprised. I feel like I had a long time to get used to having only one. 

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 09, 2014, 09:04:59 am »

I had a dream I lost my watch. It was very worrying, and when I woke up I found one hand was clasping my arm where the watch is when I'm not sleeping.

No, I won't cave on this one, mind. I'm not wearing my watch to bed, and that is final.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1589 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:10 am »

No, I won't cave on this one, mind. I'm not wearing my watch to bed, and that is final.

But then how will you know the time if you wake in the night?

Dream snippets:

I had an awesome coat and a longsword. The coat was gray. End dream.

I was going on a road trip. This apparently involved kicking someone onto a motorbike in such a manner that their pelvis ripped out of their body. O-kay.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 339