Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567267 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1530 on: May 20, 2014, 07:05:42 am »

Draw your Adventures.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

Been a long time since I last dreamed, but being home laden with a cold is enough to make anyone dream apparently.

So in my dream, I came back from work and went to take a quick snack out of the fridge when I saw railroad tracks going through the kitchen. Of course, I followed the tracks with the desire of making a snack out of whomever thought it was wise to run a bloody railroad track through my house.

On and on the tracks went until they ended at a big sphere-shaped house that was somehow standing on its own at the top of a hill. I knocked on the door and the entire sphere rolled down the hill from the pressure, a man with a construction hat came running out of nowhere yelling "Cursed vandals!" and went after the sphere. So I took after him and as soon as I caught up with the man, we were at another hill and the sphere-house had already made it up the hill and was now rolling back.

He turned to me as the sphere was drawing near and said "Look what you did, you rat b*****d"" before smashing my face with a hammer. <.< I woke up then.

That's what I get for dreaming after months. A hammer to the face.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:48:30 pm by ComputerWarrior »
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2014, 06:53:52 pm »

I had a dream, was a boring dream at first pretty much real life.
I was at my grandma's house with my sisters and the person who's existence makes me want to end all of humanity. We were watching a weird show on TV, we got comfy and I was in my underwear at this point my friend appeared and he was also only wearing underwear.
I went to the bathroom and put some clothes on and went back to the peoples and sat down, my friend was now gone and a portal to another world had opened.

We went in the portal and were now in a tunnel with cars that were neon colored and gave off a lot of light.
I got in the weirdest car and the race began. I immediately was ahead of everyone but I was watching from the view of my sister after a few seconds of watching myself do barrel rolls and driving on the ceiling I won.

I was back as me and we were jumping around in the ultimate bouncy house to the exit, we got to the exit but the material around the exit constricted around me and I was unable to move. I woke up the fucking end.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 22, 2014, 04:55:56 pm »

I somehow just had a Hunger Games dream, in spite of the fact that I have not the faintest idea how the series works, having never read any of the novels or seen any of the movies. I was basically a third-person spectator of some sort, watching some generic brown haired kid wearing a black t-shirt and leather vest?, and a medium length blond-haired lass that wore a very distinctive miniature white boater-like straw hat with a red ribbon attempting to flee on a bridge from within a dark, dirty forest, something about a "rebellion" I couldn't quite wrap my head around.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I have been sick out of my throat for the past week.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:57:52 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 24, 2014, 03:16:25 am »

DF2014 dreams keep coming back!

The first part of the dream was about me playing some Minecraft-like game which was very popular when it was in alpha, but then everyone forgot about it. It was more adventure-focused and the survival elements were much more hardcore.

The DF part was about Toady posting a devlog in which he mentioned that people have to take a shot of beer a day if he doesn't release the new version before the 28th of May, whiskey if it's not out by the 4th of June and whatever else afterwards. He also made a thread in which he was asking people about what part of the goblin to target (or something to that effect - basically it was "request bug fixes here" thread).

He also changed his avatar to an animated face of a shouting ship captain (with the white clothes and the fancy cap), whose exaggerated mouth movements were synched perfectly with someone's post in the thread.

The dream then switched to a story of some two elder people, and it just got weird at that point.

Still, that's another DF2014 dream. Too bad I'm not legal to participate in Toady's drinking game, but I don't like alcohol anyway.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 24, 2014, 03:19:07 am »

They're getting more frequent. Soon DF 2014 will be upon us. The Toad has blessed you with update senses.

At least that's what I want to believe.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 24, 2014, 03:24:15 am »

Either that or I subconsciously came up with a cool drinking game I can't and don't want to partake in. :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 24, 2014, 07:21:41 am »

Why on earth wouldn't you want to? I mean, a "shot" of beer a day wouldn't really do much, but you could easily tweak that to "per hour".
Sounds like fun! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 24, 2014, 09:07:07 am »

All hail DarkDXZ! All hail the DF prophet!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 24, 2014, 09:43:11 am »

All hail DarkDXZ! All hail the DF prophet!

Okay, as the egoistical bastard I am I need this in my sig.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 25, 2014, 11:15:07 pm »

Had a dream where I was some type of elite soldier.

I may not have been an actual soldier, but regardless I and whoever it was I worked for were in a full scale war with some other group. In the middle of a highly populated city that still had all of the civilians. I was basically free to wander the city and attack the enemy factories and outposts as I saw fit, all enemy bases and patrols were marked on my awesome future GPS map thing. There was always at least one other soldier with me, and eventually I decided to attack an enemy Capital Ship Factory (which was far behind enemy lines, if we intended to capture it this really was a bad idea) with him helping me.

On the way to the factory though, we ran into an enemy patrol and began fighting in the middle of the street, they didn't seem to really have any concern about killing civilians since they were blowing everything up (though I don't think any civilians were killed, many cars were lost in the combat.) We killed the patrol, but more started coming in civilian cars for whatever reason, we managed to kill them as well without much problem. After killing the last enemy we got warning that a significantly stronger enemy was on the way. My soldier friend said we should prepare, and we did. Then I see our enemy running down the road and yell "Contact! Contact! It's Han Solo!" Han fucking Solo was the enemy attacking us.

I begin shooting him with my pistol, since that's all I had, and my soldier friend gets injured. I must've shot Solo somewhere between 30-50 times before he left because he was injured. With that threat taken care of I grab soldier friend and begin carrying him back to base for medical treatment. Then I realize that this will take me straight through multiple patrols and past multiple outposts. "Fuck it" I say and run for it past the patrols and outposts, just before waking up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 26, 2014, 12:09:30 am »

Not a DF2014 dream per se, but I think in this one there was a glimpse where Elephant Parade messaged me on Steam that it'd be nice to be able to play DF2014 if not for the June exams.

Or something to that extent. I guess that counts as 0,5 of a dream now...
Sadly can't remember any more of that one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 26, 2014, 02:38:49 am »

I had dream after dream last night, at least three or four of them, and then I woke up briefly, got up, considered breakfast for a while... and then went back to bed and had another weird-ass dream.

Don't remember a lot of it, but there was part where it was some sort of team-based fighting game/third-person shooter.
I remember customizing my loadout, and going with some sort of claws claws as my main weapon, along with what appeared to be a silenced Desert Eagle (ew) and some longer-range weapon that I don't remember.

Towards the end of the dream my friends/teammates and I were fighting another team in the 'Sunday Shitfight' mode. ???
This "game" was actually deadly, there was no respawning or whatever, and those who died became the 'unspawned', basically a horde of angry ghosts who would pop up after a certain time had passed in this game mode. (kind of like the swarm in Magicite, I guess.)
I was alone facing off against some airborne fairy creature on the other team. Managed to land a few good hits on her (with some sort of sword? I don't think I'd figured out how to use my claws at this point) and knock her to the ground more-or-less incapacitated, just as the unspawned burst into the room we were in through a portal opening in the floor.

I quickly helped her up so we could flee, and she thanked me and said she'd see me at the next of these "Sunday shitfights".
So it seems actually killing the opposition wasn't really something you had/wanted to do in this weird game.
Anyway, what followed was a lot of running away through these weird, organic-looking corridors, passing various people and shouting at them all to run. The level was somewhat maze-like, and it would have been pretty easy to take a wrong turn and get lost and/or trapped in the place.

Right before the escape point from the level I came upon a room off to one side, where there was apparently some high-stakes reward/'bonus stage' thing going on-- basically, earlier on in the dream people had chosen a "wish" or somesuch, something that they really wanted.
In these moments, right before the unspawned were about to kill everyone, they had a brief amount of time to claim/use their reward. It... made more sense when I was dreaming it, I guess. Anyway, an IRL friend of mine was there watching another teammate (who I don't believe I know IRL) claim his wish, which was apparently banjo lessons.

I had no time for that and fled the level. That's all I really remember, I wish I hadn't waited so long before writing it down.
I vaguely recall something about looking more closely at the description of the claws in my loadout later on, and realising/deciding that they were actually strapped to the palms of my hands as climbing claws, not weapons, and that was why I could never seem to defeat enemies with them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:40:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 26, 2014, 06:21:05 am »

Ever dreamt that you play a game with an absurdly long boss battle?
I had one of those, was Fighting Bahamut from the Final Fantasy franchise, think the dream (and battle) lasted the whole night. When I finally managed to get him to 10% health, the dragon pulled up a variety of miniguns from his shoulders like some kind of mech and dakka'd my whole team to zero HP.
I literally ragequit'd my own dream.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 29, 2014, 12:12:52 am »

My memory of that one is vague right now, but I think I saw Toady post two extremely short (like 3 lines each) devblogs, the latter of which mention that "still no AI node blocks bugs fixed" or something to that effect.

Now, it may be related to me playing a lot of Awesomenauts and messing with the newly-released AI Editor, which uses a block node tree system.

Not a full dream per se again, but worth bumping my dream count by half a dream again.
Still,

[DREAMING INTENSIFIES]
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 339