Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567381 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1470 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:18 pm »

I had a dream that would have (more) awesome if I hadn't been woken up in the middle of it.

So I was in my house, at night, in my room, and then my brother (note: I don't actually have a brother IRL) comes into my room and tells me that we are going to have a council in the living room. I go out to the living room, and my sister is already there, and then the three of us start having a council of war. It turns out that a group of demons led by a dragon was approaching the house, and that we had to hold them off. We were just preparing to leave the house to give battle to them, when a group of heavily armed and armored dwarves shows up in the backyard. We go out, and along with the dwarves, start sneaking around the side of the house. The demons are in the front yard, so we burst out of the side gate and charge at them, and the battle begins. I was going well, until the dragon showed up and just started smacking dwarves left and right. They all start yelling, "Fall back! FALL BACK!!!" so I start slowly backing towards the gate, but sadly I was awoken before the battle could go any farther than that.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 28, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »

During the week I sleep in the day and work the night shift. This means I get often get woken up a few times and tend to remember my dreams better.

I had a number of weird dreams today. In one I was in the centre of the city I used to live in, it was summer time, and my grandparents were with me. I was riding a bicycle who's wheels were all weirdly shaped and I almost fell in the river a few times. The bike was very slow and I don't remember peddling at all. When turning I could lean until touching the ground with no problem. My grandma was panicking about my safety.

Another dream had me book shopping. They had a load of really thick books and inside they were comics with no text. The art style was similar to that in Rice Boy or Order of Tales, but unlike Rice Boy there was no colour. I wish I could remember the title of the books and the content, there was even the authors name.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1472 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »

Dreamt that I had insomnia for weeks...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:07 pm »

I had a dream that I was a powerful undead magical guy, I had the ability to raise up golems out of any material I made a few small ones and one big one, later on I was on a highway in a van and I was being chased by people in cars and helicopters and planes I shot them all down with my magical beams. Then there was this group of people trying to cause the rapture to happen so I thought "Nope screw that" and gave me powers to there leader and walked away. some stuff happened and then I woke up THE END >:O!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 29, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »

Well I had another dream, this ones a bit crazy. :P

It was easter and I was at my grandmas listening to music on the radio, it was strange and mostly about ponies, I saw someone parade around on tv it was a guy wearing green makeup and a pink dress prancing down the road with a little girl in a matching dress apparently he was the grinch.

I was walking home from this event nearly getting run over MANY times I eventually realized no one would be home and went back to my grandma's home.

Then I was in a building doing some stuff and became some kind of monster flying around terroizing people one guy stuck his hand up and touched me gently, it weakened but enraged me he thought all was good now... Then thousands of monsters like me began to spring up out of the ground millions, billions even trillions! Then skeletons small and large ran around attacking people there was so much blood!

Then I was a giant skeleton I had lost 2 of my arms but I had replaced them with crushed cars, I walked through the town the people didn't seem to be bothered by me, I decided to walk through 2 red lights and some guys got mad, me and me (two me's one body) decided to have a fight and we killed them.

Later on I went to space traveling around with buddies in a spaceship and stopping by a space station, I had gained organs and skin at this point but was still just a skeleton and I was human sized. Some people were playing a game of soccer/football inside and I eventually joined them, it was a short game and I went out to deal with some pirates. I had accidently stuck my body out into space while the ship was moving and lost all my flesh except for my eyes.

I went to a lunch party with some people and after I finished 'eating' I walked around the house and found jesus sitting on a bed, 4 demons were running around the house and I talked with them a bit. I got in my spaceship to look for my body parts and got interuptted by 2 pirates, 1 of them died quickly but the other had an annoying self repairing ship, I (we) grew giant and crushed the ship it took a while but he eventually died.

after shrinking to normal size we landed on a planet a snowy planet, looking for my organs and flesh which apparently landed here, we ran over them and I went back to go get them but ended up far away from them behind a building.
There was a little red demon I apparently knew who was quite excited to see me. I showed him my body but it looked fleshy and whole (it was apparently an illusion I made) He freaked out when he noticed that I was just a skeleton with 2 eyes where my lungs should be.

I was then in a bedroom and there was this guy talking (who apparently was me) about how he regained his flesh and organs and after some time (7583925893258392 years or so) settled down and found love.

I was now bodyless and watching a little girl with here mother they were outside in the snow playing and making a snowman, then some friends appeared and things got weird then I came along around the size of a child and started singing and dancing as everyone around joined me, the mother was a bit worried but she went along with it. I was about to reveal what I was for my arrival to this new world! But I woke up :c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 29, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Can't remember much of the dream I had but I have bits of it at least.

For one thing three stringy-haired ghost girls (Sadako, Alma, and one other who's name escapes me, to be exact) were going to murderize the shit out of me. I took this rather well, as in it only somewhat bothered me that I was almost guaranteed to die. To make matters worse another girl seemed to have the intention of keeping me locked up in her basement forever. This bothered me slightly more as I think this girl was also my sister, still not overly concerned though. There were other people trying to kill me but I can't remember them very well. I also stole a SWAT van with my friends at one point, related to the fact that almost all of the world seemed to want me dead, except for my friends and my obsessive sister.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 29, 2014, 07:34:13 pm »

I have terrible dream memory, but........

I remember putting fruit loops and maple syrup into an icy machine and eating it. For some reason there were two machines....

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1477 on: April 29, 2014, 09:25:51 pm »

Going to a spring recently kinda reminded me of another unusual dream.

Basically, the dream was in a similar environment, except the river ride from the spring was much longer, and there was no beginning nor end to the river, but there was always somewhere to go to, and much like the spring I was at, there was almost always an overhead shady canopy made by the trees, though if you could fly, I don't think they would trap you (like a giant venus fly trap), though I have had similar dreams like that, but that's another story. Anyway, it felt like I was able to transcend time and space, given each location led to another life, or something. Funny enough, there was always traffic (not much at all times; enough to be comfy and meet someone.), people and boats/rafts from all different eras and cultures and cultural timelines, some not even terrestrial in nature. Much like my visit to the spring, it was very peaceful and relaxing. The water was even nice/refreshing enough to swim in, and it was clear and clean enough to painlessly open my eyes under.

Like an Endless Beach version I've come up with, I hope this is another version of Purgatory that could be visited. I mean, the main point of the place is to purge, right? Basically, I would assume them to be environments one can easily meditate in. It's not Heaven, but it's good enough. Kinda like Myst.

EDIT:
Not meaning to religiously debate, but as I see it, Heaven is like a play pen/sandbox (the ultimate of ultimates) and maybe even a resort & spa, Purgatory is a meditation area, be it a beach, river, ocean, orbit, and Hell is essentially just a correctional facility/discipline area. Funny enough, they all can very much be one and the same thing, and in reality, is none more than a state of mind; could also be perspective. I mean, you could be in Heaven, and still experience Hell. How? Because you're the janitor of Heaven.

...Garry's Mod idea, combine Viscera Cleanup Detail, and the antics of GMod to cleanup. Congrats, now you're a supernatural janitor cleaning up the mess, also known as a Langolier by trade.

EDIT EDIT:
Speaking of Heaven, this is one of my favorite personal interpretations of how it can look. I mean, and I thought Coruscant would be an easy place to get lost in, this place also navigates non-euclian in manner most the time. Mind you, like the video linked, this is only a 3D cutout of a set size (AKA- cropped 3D area), and somehow every crevice is lit, and has a shadow still as if it's noontime. The place is non-euclideanly lit. Wherever in your perception is "up", it's where the sunlight source/"noon" is. I guess a Perceptual Reality is a good way to put it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:59:10 am by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 30, 2014, 12:06:23 pm »

Just had a dream where for most of it, I believe I was on some sort of submarine.
There was a girl who I very much liked, and she had a boyfriend whom I very much disliked. I think there was some sort of videogame conversation mechanic or something, but whatever the case I would often pester him about her for whatever reason. I was plotting against him, although whether just to make them break up or to kill the guy I can't remember.

Anyway, he got irritated with me, well, irritating him, as well as suspicious of me, and then there was a scene where I was sitting on my (real-life) bed and I heard his voice all of a sudden, as he'd crept inside, and then my strength started failing, I was becoming very weak and my vision was fading as though I'd been poisoned.
I began shouting frantically for my brother, who I dimly heard come out of his room and towards me, but by the time he got there to help I couldn't really see and I had just collapsed limply against my bed and the wall.
I kept shouting at him to help me, my voice growing weaker and weaker as I panicked, and then--

I woke up for real, lying under the blankets, perfectly fine. That freaked me out a little.
This is what happens when I try to get into a decent sleeping schedule. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1479 on: May 01, 2014, 08:59:09 am »

The only thing I remember from the dream is the last moments. I knew I was waking up. Sometimes, this is a good thing; I'm worried I'll oversleep, I have things to do, I want to know what time it is. I recognize that the dream is just a dream, and I'm ready to check in with the real world.

Not this time. This time, the dream felt like the real world. I knew it was a dream, but somehow, it was more real than that, more significant. There was an entire universe there which would simply vanish forever when I left. And I had commitments there. I had a whole life there, with people and places and possessions that I didn't want to lose.

All this lasted just a brief moment. I could feel myself being pulled away. I cried out, tried to resist, but it was no use. I felt like I was dying. The world faded to white, gone forever. All that was left was a vague feeling that there had been something complex and wonderful that I would never see again.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:25 pm »

I just had another tg dream.
These are becoming incredibly common.
Resist!

Deny cmegette3!

Stay strong!

EDIT: OH GOD MUST RESIST GENDER BENDER D & D QUEST

HEEEEEEEEEEEELP
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:38:19 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:53 am »

I just had a great dream.
I was browsing an antique store with my mother, I think it was in an area I either hadn't been to before, or hadn't visited in years.
There was plenty of interesting stuff there, the shop had this row of open roller-doors as an entrance, and I think Mum was chatting to the shopkeeper. There was some woman who came in at one point with a child, who she was loudly talking to, and I overheard her describing the city I live in as ugly but nice. She was annoying somehow.

Anyway, after being there a while I was just sortof standing near Mum, and then I saw someone familiar looking come into the shop. It was a girl I'd (sort-of) known back in primary school, I think in grades five and six, who had always been incredibly creative and pretty much an all-round awesome person.
She was wearing a big wide-brimmed sunhat, but despite that I still went over to say hello.

"[HERNAME]? Oh wow, it is you!" I said, and she smiled but didn't seem to recognize me right away.
To be fair it's been about ten years, she hasn't changed a bit, and we were never really close friends to begin with. :P
Anyway, she made a couple of guesses as to who I might be before giving up, and then she (of course) recognized my name when I told it to her and we started chatting. I noticed my mother snapping photos of this sudden reunion, but somehow I was only mildly embarrassed by it. The girl I was talking to didn't seem to care at all.

Then after a bit, another classmate from primary school showed up with a couple of other people.. I'm guessing she currently knew the other girl or something, perhaps they both lived nearby. I'd known her a bit better back in the day, and so she greeted me with a hug- which pretty much lifted me off the floor, giving how tall she was.
We laughed about that, and then the guy she was with- presumably her boyfriend- introduced himself.

He was covered in (good) tattoos and piercings, was wearing some sort of mutilated baseball jersey, and had a fairly normal, short hairstyle on one side of his head, then a shaved strip followed by a dramatic spike of hair on the other. I liked him immediately. The rest of the group (apart from my old schoolfriend) were also dressed in similar ways, and I think I recognized them as some sort of local clique.

Can't remember just what everyone spoke about, but everyone seemed to get along and it made me very happy.
The heavily-tattooed, wild-looking guys decided that they liked me, and that I needed a nickname- which, according to my tall schoolfriend, was called a "spingbang" in their slang vernacular. ??? One of them whipped out a phone to assist in creating my new name, which apparently had a "Sping-speak" app of some sort- I guess their group was called Sping or something.
"Little Bro Potato" was a WIP version of my 'spingpang', although they weren't happy with that. Can't remember what it ended up as, nor just why the guy with the phone suggested that to start with.

It was a really, really damn nice dream. Meeting up with those two would be pretty cool. Probably.
Basically it was one of those really pleasant, unlikely dreams that you're sad to see the end of- except I'm still happy, strangely enough. :) Now I'm feeling kinda nostalgic, a little sad that I never really became friends with the people who I met in the dream, but somehow it's not enough to stop me feeling happy about it.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:41:56 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 03, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »

I had this weird dream last night; in the beginning it played out like an episode of Gillgan's Island, in high-def albeit. Not exactly normal, but that sort of thing is staple for me.

Then it suddenly moved to the viewpoint of, from all people, a Muslim hypnotherapist.

WTF, brain. Popcorn before bed, never again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 04, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »

I had some ridiculous dream about a vending machine at a fair or theme park. It functioned more like a slot machine, really. You put money in, and you'd always get something in return. Sometimes just a heap of sand. I poured all the sand down this chute that led to the cellar in the building and accidentally broke it or something. So I fixed it, put some more coins in, and received an enormous cookie sheet full of cantellope and honeydew slices. I gave up and started selling my melon to people.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 04, 2014, 11:31:19 pm »

I shot the sheriff.

I dunno, I think whatever dream I'd been having earlier on had involved me fleeing the law with my young partner in crime, and then at the end I died and suddenly the dream shifted to me riding a horse, being chased by a sheriff for some reason. Memory's a little hazy since I've been awake for several hours now, but I remember the last bit.

Anyway, the guy was focusing on catching me on his horse, with his gun still holstered. We were out on some sort of open prairie terrain, and then he finally did ride me down, only for me to grab a sawnoff from my saddle and blast him before he could get off his horse and draw his gun.

Then I rode off, and oddly enough the open prairie/desert abruptly shifted into a built-up town/suburb about a hundred meters away. I started failing pretty bad at riding around this point, trying to get my horse to go where I wanted it to go, and almost sliding out of my saddle repeatedly. My subconscious didn't give dream-me any stirrups, unfortunately.
I did have a pretty cool feeling moment when I passed a cute girl going on horseback in the opposite direction, with me suddenly managing to sit up straight in the saddle atop my gigantic black warhorse-looking thing, but the illusion was quickly shattered afterwards when I crashed my horse into some rubbish bins whilst trying to dismount.

Then I woke up. :-\ Damnit, Dream-Me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 339