Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512692 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1395 on: March 28, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »

Not as specific as some of the dreams here, but here goes nothing.

For starters, I have this weird tendency to investigate things I dream about. One time, I had this weird nonsensical dream involving Harry Potter-- at this point, I'd seen one of the movies, and at that, only a sliver. I wake up, cue Wikipedia research and ultimately buying all the books in the series.

So anyway, a few years ago, I wasn't a Pokemon geek like I am now. I'd seen bits and shreds of the old 2000-some anime when turning on the TV in the morning, and had a vauge idea of the premise.

Cue wacky dream.

So, I'm some guy, and I'm in this weird town that's all grey and dull. For some reason-- you know how when you have dreams, for some reason, you know your situation, like you're gazing into someone else's life, instead of a literature-like exposition?-- I knew this all had something to do with Pokemon. So, anyway, I walk up to some guy, and he says something about a battle, we show each other our pokemon-- I apparently had a Starly-- and I ask him where I am, he says it's something-or-other town. I walk around, talk to some more people about battles I never had. I wake up, I flick the show on for a half an hour that afternoon, and immediately try to get ahold of Black, which came out around that time.

Unfortunately, I think that dream was much longer and more entertaining, but it was long enough ago I only remember that sliver.

Boo hoo.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 01, 2014, 04:06:39 am »

Just remembered a dream I had when I was sick.

I was really sick when I went to sleep. Like I felt like I was really hot and to sick brain it seemed like I was sweating out every bit of moisture in my body which seems to have influenced the dream.

I had an RTS like overhead view of a group of soldiers in some sort of desert or wasteland. My job was to get them through this scorching wasteland alive, every now and then, there were fountains to stop dehydration. The thing is though, I also started feeling dehydrated when they did. Can't remember much, it was rather nonsensical anyway, but I do remember seeing soldiers rush for a fountain after going a long time without water, and an incredible feeling of relief when they started drinking, since that also satisfied me and remarking about one of my soldiers being named Tom Araya.

All I remember from waking up is that I needed water really badly, and my clothes were absolutely drenched in sweat. This was probably 4 or 5 months ago. I don't want to be sick again, I really don't.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 01, 2014, 02:23:54 pm »

I had a dream, me and my sister were in the kitchen and I started playing with some clay, I discovered that by doing various things I could see into different worlds that were the same place but different, a winter world a desert world and SO ON,

Later on I was watching the incredible hulk movies, c; Towards the end I was in some weird place with a weird creature and I was able to convince it that I was harmless, the creature started talking and we went outside, the moon was gigantic but it turned into a giant shopping car and another moon started firing missiles at earth and people started running away, me and talking creature friend were going to a bunker that she had but I got locked out because she thought I was too dangerous. I woke up the end. C:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 03, 2014, 01:08:33 am »

So last night, I dreamt I had trouble sleeping.
Sure, my apartment didn't look as it really does but still.. Felt very real to me.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:11 am »

Two nights ago I had a nightmare where all of my teeth started spontaneously falling out.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

Two nights ago I had a nightmare where all of my teeth started spontaneously falling out.
I have dreams like that sometimes, it might be related to stress.
Also, these dreams don't scare me, as I find it very annoying that new teeth keep growing out whenever I pull one out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 06, 2014, 10:25:31 am »

I had a dream last night, in which there where these "potions" in real life, and they gave you benefits and side effects, and the only way to get rid of one potions is to drink another one. Some where even permanent. Due to an accident, I ended up drinking the potion of extreme stink. As in, "you have no future now because everyone will avoid you forever". Turns out, the effects could only be removed with one specific potion. The permanent gender-bend potion. Guess what I did? Yeah. I chugged it. The rest of the dream was me getting used to it with the help of a teacher and many other people, as apparently in my dream society approved of this happening occasionally.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:57 am »

I had a dream last night, in which there where these "potions" in real life, and they gave you benefits and side effects, and the only way to get rid of one potions is to drink another one. Some where even permanent. Due to an accident, I ended up drinking the potion of extreme stink. As in, "you have no future now because everyone will avoid you forever". Turns out, the effects could only be removed with one specific potion. The permanent gender-bend potion. Guess what I did? Yeah. I chugged it. The rest of the dream was me getting used to it with the help of a teacher and many other people, as apparently in my dream society approved of this happening occasionally.

That's some wacky sci-fi comedy movie material right there.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 06, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »

We should just pitch all the dreams in this thread that don't already involve trademarked materialTM as movie ideas to Universal or Warner Brothers or whatever.

Then we send the money 50-50 to the dreamers and Toady One.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 06, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »

We should just pitch all the dreams in this thread that don't already involve trademarked materialTM as movie ideas to Universal or Warner Brothers or whatever.

Then we send the money 50-50 to the dreamers and Toady One.

Bay 12: Where dreams become reality. Literally!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 06, 2014, 01:46:41 pm »

Just dreamt that I was sitting here, reading on the Other Games forum about this highly anticipated new game, which some of you were apparently in the closed alpha/beta of. I hardly remember anything about the game itself, other than that it involved anthropomorphic woodland critters fighting each other with medieval weaponry, at least some of the screens/videos (?) that I saw were in a comic format, and that it looked really damn cool and I was sharing in the excitement.

My brother came out from his room briefly and spoke to me about something before going to bed, whilst I stayed at my desk reading.
I noticed a vehicle pull up outside, some sort of large, noisy ute (pickup for you Americans). A moment later I heard someone coming up the front steps, and then there was someone knocking loudly on the glass of the front door. This was startling, since it was in the wee hours of morning, before dawn.

I heard a man's voice calling for my brother as they continued knocking, and when my brother didn't come out after a while of this I reluctantly got up and crept towards his door to wake him up. To my dismay the unseen person saw me somehow, through the louver windows I believe, and became somewhat annoyed that the door still hadn't been answered.
Anyway, eventually I made it and woke up my brother, who somehow hadn't been disturbed by all the noise. He seemed just as confused as I was about the knocking at the door, although I think he had a vague idea who it was- he heard their voice, and it seemed to have a New Zealand accent.
Half-asleep, he said he was exhausted after a day's work (can't remember what) and told me to tell whoever-it-was that he was too tired to talk to them just now. I was just about to go do so when suddenly the mysterious person stepped into the room and introduced himself.

Can't remember exactly who he was now, unfortunately, but apparently he was going with/taking my brother somewhere the next day and needed to confirm something. He was a big part-maori guy and was mildly terrifying, but he was friendly enough.
I asked if he'd opened the louvers to unlock the door, but he said he'd just gotten impatient and forced his way in, which was worrying.
Anyway, having chatted for a while and discussed whatever he'd come here for, he left.

Kindof a boring dream, but it was mainly notable for how... normal it was, I guess. Fairly realistic.
Also I was somewhat worried when I woke up, that perhaps the whole 'knock on the door' thing was inspired by something I could hear... I hope there wasn't someone knocking on my door and shouting while I was asleep.  :-\ Kinda creepy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 06, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

Had a somewhat weird kind of nightmare last night. Some dude was interrogating me at my home. I don't remember the questions but after some time he pulled a cellphone and told them to put me on the list. No idea about it either but I remember being distressed about it. Then the dude goes, I close the door behind him, he smiles and says "I am sorry for the inconvenience."
After that I  have woken up, and half a day later had a fridge moment when I remembered it and realised that the dude could have been quoting http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/God#God.27s_Final_Message. Yay for references, subconscious!
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 06, 2014, 04:43:54 pm »

Had a dream where my brother killed my dad in a field by driving over him in a tractor.

I promptly killed him for his crime.

Feel the brotherly love.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 06, 2014, 04:46:42 pm »

Had a dream where my brother killed my dad in a field by driving over him in a tractor.

I promptly killed him for his crime.

Feel the brotherly love.

I laughed harder at that than I should have.

not the punchline, mind you. The
part.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 07, 2014, 09:54:19 am »

Had a dream that actually scared me quite a bit and led into another dream.

In the first dream I got 2 new games on Steam. The first one wasn't really anything special, the second one, though was completely different. My character was about my age and lived with his mother and brother, their house was also very strange looking. His mother and brother were also a bit strange but nothing too wierd from them. I just seemed to be living normally in this game. Over time my mom and brother (in the game) started acting strange and the game really started. I took a break and came back to the game.

After a bit more playing the two of them were actively trying to kill me. They were inhumanly tough, so I mostly tried to avoid them. I don't remember much, but I was becoming truly obsessed with this game, which had become a horror game by this time. I killed my brother but ended up in a situation where mother would kill me, and I snapped out of it (after obsessing over this game for dream days) and quit the game.

I stood up from the computer in my living room (even though my actual computer is in my bedroom) and turned around to see my mother from the video game standing there looking at me. For whatever reason rather than scaring me at all this just filled me with rage, causing me to scream at her: "NO! This is our world, YOU GET OUT!" She in an extremely uninterested voice responded "Both our worlds are just illusions." I then grabbed her shoulders dragged her into the kitchen (with her continuing to look uninterested) and began smashing her head against the counter yelling "YOU! GET! OUT! YOU! GET! OUT!" Then grabbed a knife but for whatever reason couldn't bring myself to stab her in the head. So instead I stomped her head.

After that I woke up, sat up in my bed and heard a loud noise outside. Somehow I knew what it was but I went over to the window to check and saw a big-ass mushroom cloud in the distance. My only reaction was "Oh fuck."

Then I actually woke up. I think game mother might have had access to nuclear weapons somehow so the second dream could've been related. Either way they both scared me a bit, doesn't help that I'm easy to scare. On a side note I really didn't expect this to be as long as it is.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 339