Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512717 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 09, 2014, 06:33:49 am »

I wore blue jeans and a shirt of no colour that I noticed. My belt was khaki, and for some reason worn one belt-width below the top of my jeans. I had, for various reasons, taken up service with a band of people, mostly fighters, the purpose of whom I cannot remember.

I was tested; I fought against a hulking brute of a man, and defeated him by using a javelin as a staff, bending it in the process. I also fought, using a dagger, against someone who appeared to me to be an old woman, but I knew to be somehow something more; she was aided by four others. One, a middle aged lady dressed in a blue dress and with thinning black hair, moved quickly but never made an attempt to injure me. One was a tall man who looked to be in his thirties; he was bald, and dressed in slacks and a button-down shirt, and moved incredibly slowly. I do not remember the other two, save for the fact that they too were glacial in their motions. They tried to bar me from reaching my equipment (two books [I think one was my Bible], a jacket, my javelin and my dagger), but I charged at them and scattered them, retrieving the dagger. My opponent yielded in moments after I had the dagger.

I was then accepted among them; their leader, whose name I knew but now escapes me (it was of an Arabic flavour [Edit: Khemir?]), summoned them to council with a phrase, which I also knew, but have since forgotten. I tucked my dagger into my belt on my way there. We sat in an oval with the leader at one tip; there were thirty-eight of us in total, 13 on one side and 25 on the other. The leader made a speech; it had something to do with his resignation, and possibly death. He referred to the day as his "dying-day", and when someone voiced an objection about something said he had the power to deny them his "25 dots and 13 red". They shut up after that.

A meal then appeared on the table (The table appeared too, I think); it consisted solely of a whole roast stag. The man sitting next to me was young, with short black hair; he was dressed in a high-collared black shirt. He complained of the fact that the leader was having the main course served first; I pointed out that it was his dying-day, and that he was entitled to a few idiosyncrasies. We spent the rest of the meal discussing the finer points of Oladic starters.

At this point, I woke up.

Edit: I remember a couple more things.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:24:33 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:23 am »

Why do your dreams make actual sense, Arx?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1352 on: March 09, 2014, 08:22:13 am »

Calling it sense is stretching it a bit. I have no idea though.

Stranger dreams include the time I was a skeleton warrior, producing underlings at a rate of 267/s, which I was proud of, as it was nearly three times as fast as the two other skeleton warriors, each only going at 89/s. I then became human and needed to meet someone who I knew would try to kill me, so I arranged for it to take place in a room with two doors. We were locked in; he tried to knife me, but I literally threw him aside, and then manifested a window to exit through.

That was unusual, though. They tend to resemble short scenes or clips from movies, and if I remember anything, I remember everything, including strange details.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 09, 2014, 08:57:43 am »

The bit with the "25 dots and 13 red" as well as the "dying-day" references were nicely cryptic and consistent in style. I do not mean that the dream makes total sense, just that it's not totally retarded and nonsensical, and has a plot where events are related by a logic that makes sense to somebody who is not asleep.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 09, 2014, 09:04:05 am »

I had a dream involving me, one of my friends, and a goddess of death having all sorts of wacky adventures. The one that matters most is when we were captured by elves and forced to work for them. Well the elves told us that we would be rewarded for our services, but saying no to a job still meant we were to be executed. Our goddess friend couldn't use her incredible goddess power for reasons we were trying to find out before being captured and so we were stuck with the elves, who were a sort of incredibly corrupt business rather than representing the whole race.
Lord of the Rings elves or Christmas elves? I imagine the latter, just because it's even funnier that way.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 09, 2014, 09:09:09 am »

I had a dream involving me, one of my friends, and a goddess of death having all sorts of wacky adventures. The one that matters most is when we were captured by elves and forced to work for them. Well the elves told us that we would be rewarded for our services, but saying no to a job still meant we were to be executed. Our goddess friend couldn't use her incredible goddess power for reasons we were trying to find out before being captured and so we were stuck with the elves, who were a sort of incredibly corrupt business rather than representing the whole race.
Lord of the Rings elves or Christmas elves? I imagine the latter, just because it's even funnier that way.
Lord of the Rings Elves. But Christmas elves are funnier so feel free to imagine it was those little pointy-eared bastards, rather than the other pointy-eared bastards.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »

I've had a couple strange dreams lately.

I was at first in a college atmosphere, trying to play dwarf fortress on the local computer kiosks. There was some guy there I talked to for a bit before security caught on and attempted to arrest me. Apparently playing freeware on their machines is a felony? I wandered around the store a bit, pretending to know nothing about their attempts to find some asshole who was using their computers, before fleeing authorities in a car, trying to get through checkpoints that popped up every once in a while and avoiding suspicion from drones and helicopters circling overhead. The end goal was apparently an off-shore spire, pretty short really if you ignore the part extending to the sea bed, that acted as some sort of world-terraforming machine. There was a dude in there that explained shit, but God help us if I ever pay attention to my dreams.

Some time before that I had another college-related dream in which I was wandering between classes I'd never signed up for because I hate my philosophy class, trying to pass off as a student of that class so I didn't get kicked out. I think this is my sub-conscious mind trying to tell me that yes, my philosophy instructor is a pain in the ass and that if I just pretend they don't exist I might have a chance at passing my other classes and maintaining a respectable GPA and remain eligible for financial aid. I'm still debating whether or not this is actually the way to go. History and Politics are easy as balls, Philosophy is easy as a theory but the homework requirements are murderous and prevent me from focusing on Calculus, which is actually important to my progression, and which I'm quite bad at.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 10, 2014, 10:14:58 pm »

I did have one weird dream last night. It involved animating a "tuna golem", which was a golem made of canned tuna, in the form of a real live tuna.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 11, 2014, 03:42:32 am »

The bit with the "25 dots and 13 red" as well as the "dying-day" references were nicely cryptic and consistent in style. I do not mean that the dream makes total sense, just that it's not totally retarded and nonsensical, and has a plot where events are related by a logic that makes sense to somebody who is not asleep.
Logically sound, but not realistic?
Dunno about realistic - it just begins with Arab warriors, and ends with Arab warriors, with Arab warriors in between, instead of beginning with Arab warriors, progressing into something Freudian about your mom, and ending with octopi stealing dolphin cheese.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 11, 2014, 04:46:59 am »

I dreamt that I had to get up early for history classes, as in predawn early. I can't remember the specifics but it involved waffles.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 11, 2014, 10:26:21 am »

I dreamed that I went to high school. Naked. Not just "giving a speech in underwear" dream, but "completely naked and going about your business at school and no one cares that you're naked" naked dream.

So that was weird. No one really noticed anything different, except I was constantly wondering why I even thought going to school naked was a good idea. "I knew I shouldn't have gone to school naked, has anyone noticed, oh man. There's a cute girl, oh god what if she notices I'm naked why did I do this." etc.

Other weird bits of dream include the release of an ancient man-eating abomination from the depths of a school basement onto the unsuspecting high-schoolers above, and me trying to sleep. In dream. Occasionally, I woke up from napping in dream to find myself snuggled with cats. As in, a different cat each time. Despite my name, I never owned a cat. Also occasionally, a cat had humanoid breasts. That sh!t was weird. It wasn't even proportional to cat size, just huge D-class blobs as big as the cat, on the cat.

I may or may not have still been naked during these other moments. It was hard to tell exactly.

Anyway, WTF brain. What drugs did I mistakenly consume to prompt this insanity. Cream soda before bed, never again.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 11, 2014, 07:50:49 pm »

I do not remember much but it was a dream that must be written before lost to my horrific mind.

I was in some place not sure where but I was walking around, later on I was in some kind of hell place and there were these little talking mutated chipmunks they were big fat and kinda pale, I discovered I had the power to control there bodies so I did and played around with them, then I was in some big hell restaurant eating with people I know people be talking and stuff

I was then in the minecraft nether I was holding onto nothing and was just floating in midair after watching some ghasts fly around I 'woke up' I was in my room but it was clean and full of red light, the grim reaper was sitting on a tall chair by my window except he/it? was a she and had skin she was very purty. c; At this point Maleficent from the Disney movie sleeping beauty came into my room, apparently she's the queen of hell she was wondering how I got here and I said "I just thought about coming here before sleeping" she said something else and went in my closet.

there was another thing that went on later in my dream but its against the rules to speak of it here. C:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 13, 2014, 03:25:43 am »

Well, I had a rather strange dream. It was that I was playing a game of D&D with friends, an oddity to begin with seeing as I have no fucking clue how the hell D&D works. Continuing on, for some reason, my character was named, of all things, "Jesus".

He was a grizzly bear.

Made out of solid beer.

He spent the whole of combat convincing enemies to walk into enclosed spaces.

Why? Because his sole ability was that, if someone enters an enclosed space, he could seal it perfectly and instantly perform a closed-room murder. In addition to that, when the clawed and mauled corpse is inevitably found, it would always, for some obscure reason, be naked and any autopsy or autopsy-equivalent performed upon it would indicate that the cause of death was AIDS. Throat clawed out? AIDS did it. Cleanly bisected? AIDS of course. Vivisected, gutted, mauled, perforated, torn to shreds and clawed for good measure? Without a doubt, the symptoms of AIDS.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be here.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »

I don't like my dream.
Missed a chemistry test of which I failed the practice for it, and then proceeded to go to a party on the top floor of a tall building, got really drunk and had sex with a random person and then proceeded to spend the rest of the dream trying to remember if I actually had sex with anyone or not.

Fun times all around :L
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 13, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »

I had a dream where i had to fight Ryuuko from Kill la Kill (Even though I've only ever seen one episode.) I knew i was going to have to fight her, and i know i was going to lose so most of the dream prior to the fight all i remember is saying, repeatedly: "I don't want to do this!" and "I really, REALLY, don't want to fight her, I can't possibly win!" Despite this I am a loyal butt monkey and followed my orders and ended up fighting her with a sword i have a very vague idea of how to use. I, unsurprisingly, got my ass beaten. Hard. Despite this the salsa that was once a cowardly, weak brave and strong Steelmagic was apparently still alive, and I was fixed up, somehow. Can't remember the rest but i believe just before waking up i ended up being forced to fight her a second time.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 339