Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512672 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #990 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:48 pm »

A bunch of girls who I see around school frequently but don't hang out with much drove past me while I was at a gas station, pointing and laughing at me. I fell to the ground and was taken to the hospital where I pronounced dead from drive-by laughing.
I was about to say "what game?!", but then I remembered what thread this was.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 12, 2013, 11:02:43 am »

I had this one a few nights ago. It's been on my mind since, I wouldn't mind some interperetation.

I find myself in a coffee shop somewhere. Now, ordinarily I wouldn't go into a coffee shop, since at the cost that some people pay for coffee in one day, I can get a month's worth of the stuff to make it myself. And for some odd reason, I feel I know the general region or Long Island in which this coffee shop was, despite the fact I've never been to that part of Long Island, nor do I know of any(if any) coffee shops in that area. I could look it up, I guess.

Anyway, I find myself in a coffee shop. There I meet this girl. I knew this girl in real life, she was a student at the community college I work at, and I had a crush on her, though I was never able to approach her about it. I'm pretty sure she's graduated, so I consider her a lost oppurtunity. It sucks, but I haven't dwelled on it, with the exception of this dream.

I meet this girl here at the coffee shop, and invite her to sit down and talk. I will point out from observing my dream self's behavior, I feel I came on a little too strong here, but that's just my opinion, and I don't know the significance of this, if any.

So we sit and talk for a while. The dream kinda went fast forward at this point, so I don't really know what said during this exchange, but at the end of it, we agree to keep in touch. Then we part ways. A while later, as I'm heading home, the kicker hits me; we never exchanged phone numbers during that chance meeting. I think the sheer force of my dream self facepalming actually woke me up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 12, 2013, 08:26:39 pm »

Last night's was just plain inexplicable. I was the antichrist, and upon the manifestation of my powers in early adulthood, my family discovered the truth and tried to kill me by feeding me to a pit of alligators (Pits of alligators are also unusually common in my dreams, and have been since I was a small child. I am not afraid of alligators, nor have I had any significant experiences with them at all.)

So anyway, I use my antichrist powers to kill the alligators and escape. They tore off my left arm, but it was back in the next "scene". I guess antichrist powers include regeneration. I proceeded to gather my two younger brothers, also demonspawn, in a library. End of dream.

All of this while I am actually an atheist and only child. Just....what?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 12, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »

I had a strange dream last night about a forum game I'm taking part in. In it, the characters' wagon became a minivan (despite being a medieval setting), they found a bomb in the van (for some reason), and one of the characters threw it out before it could detonate. However, the explosion still hurt some of the characters, so the party clerics had to perform surgery - which took place in a Trauma Center-style scene, complete with crazy alien parasites and bullet time.

Why does my brain do such things? -___-;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 13, 2013, 12:25:26 am »

I wish I had dreams. I never dream. EVER.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 13, 2013, 12:30:48 am »

I have dreams occasionally and think "Hey i should put this in the dream thread." Then later when i think about it again i think "Shit what was that dream again? dammit." The only ones i remember are a couple from a few years ago.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 13, 2013, 05:51:09 pm »

Before you go to sleep, after you're in bed, think to your self and say out loud "I WILL remember my dream tonight" over and over for a few minutes. Do it for a few nights, and you should start remembering.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 13, 2013, 07:06:28 pm »

Before you go to sleep, after you're in bed, think to your self and say out loud "I WILL remember my dream tonight" over and over for a few minutes. Do it for a few nights, and you should start remembering.

Remembering dreams is weird, I for the most part of my life hadn't had dreams, period, but lately I had them every night. On the other hand, I much preferred option 1. Because my dreams are usually nice mixes of disjointed schizophrenia, weird ideas that I wouldn't come up with normally but seem to make sense, which are promptly forgotten no matter what, and some things I have reasons not to share, ever.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 13, 2013, 07:17:50 pm »

I wish I had dreams. I never remember my dreams. EVER.
Fix'd. Everybody spends a large part of their sleeptime hallucinating; they just often forget it.

I'm thinking that a good way to prompt dream memory would be to have a film playing or something, then listen to it again. Sometimes bits that you hear in your sleep become linked to events in your dreams. Happened to me a few times with the news on the radio in the morning.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:16 am »

I had a very coherent plot (plots; the dream was separated into three plot-device related but otherwise utterly separated sections) in my last dream; a plot I could (and intend to) write a story of.

The first section of the dream was least important, everyone was a cartoon character in the style of the simpsons/family guy/any comedy cartoon, rally. There were hijinks and stuff, but the only part of this section of the dream that connects it to anything is that people started disappearing and unknown people appearing.

The second section of the dream was far more relevant, and could make a story: It involved me, in my house, and marginally my family, but what happened was that every time I entered a closet, I exited into a house like the one I live in; but different. Rooms could be shuffled around, or there could be an extra room, or my family could be different, stuff like that. I deduced that I was being shuffled through alternate dimensions, and rather furiously entered and exited my closet in an attempt to get back; but the changes got more severe each time. At one point, the house was half torn apart by a hurricane. Somewhere in here there was something about Superman causing it, but the next section of the dream did not share this reason for disaster.

The third section, and my favorite, involved wholly a cast of fictional characters, though I only remember 2/got woken up before I could see more. In this world, there was similar shuffling between alternate dimensions.
I started off as some skater kid around my age (15), who first found something suspicious when he entered a bowling alley or a convenience store, (I don't know which) and went to buy a snack; he didn't recognize the people there, the display case was pretty much all gatorade-like drinks, and they no longer served the free little ones. Shrugging, he went to buy; but the strange cash register denied his money. So he left- and the cityscape was different. At this point, he went into a blur of trying to find out what happened; but what he found was a constant was that money did not work.

At this point, I switched to the POV of another character I'll call Allen, a friend of Nick's (as I deduce from him knowing about the money not working, accompanied by a flashback from Nick's POV), and an occult researcher. Having the starting points of dimension shuffling and the failure of money to go on, Allen grabbed a laptop and began delving into knowledge about pantheons of gods, to figure out what happened. At some point, he ends up finding what he thinks happene; Zeus has stolen two  power-integral gems from Cete, some pantheon's goddess of wealth and revenge, who is closely associated with Hete (probably twins), this pantheon's god of spacetime. Figuring that Zeus' theft caused this, Allen begins a begging prayer to Cete, begging of her not to punish the mortals since Zeus would likely not let their plight get in the way of his hedonism.
I did not get to see the result of this prayer, as my mom predictably woke me up at the best part of the dream.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 14, 2013, 09:09:28 am »

You know what would be awesome?
If you could record your dreams onto a device and then watch them or edit them (SFM-style) or continue your next dream where you left off your previous one.

I had more than enough epic dreams that ended in the worst possible moment and I never got back into them again.
I know there's a bit of a meta going on regarding lucid dreams, but I'm not really into it.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:33 am »

Fix'd. Everybody spends a large part of their sleeptime hallucinating; they just often forget it.
You think we don't know that? I've been aware of this since I was... seven? But I still say that I don't dream. You know why? It's easier to say. It sounds grimmer. Now, I can't say that these are werty's reasons, but it's generally a known thing by us.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:54 pm »

You think we don't know that? I've been aware of this since I was... seven? But I still say that I don't dream. You know why? It's easier to say. It sounds grimmer. Now, I can't say that these are werty's reasons, but it's generally a known thing by us.
If people know things then they should say those things that they know, rather than a different thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 16, 2013, 04:13:25 pm »

It could be more fun (and useful). It's your story.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »

If people know things then they should say those things that they know, rather than a different thing.
Think about it this way: I know pain hurts. However, when I'm about to go through pain, all I need to do is tell myself that the pain won't hurt, that the pain will feel good. It stops hurting and becomes soothing. The lies are truths. If antonyms are synonyms, then who's to say that it doesn't stretch beyond that?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 339