Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512658 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #795 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:02 am »

Guys, why are your dreams so meaningful?
My dreams are just random stupid amalgamations of my past memories.
If you consistently dream of your past, consider yourself lucky!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 19, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »

If you consistently dream of your past, consider yourself lucky!
My unconscious mind twists my past memories into unrecognisable pile of nonsense.
No awesome stories, no nightmares, no adventures... Just nonsense. :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:29:56 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 19, 2013, 07:38:36 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I was at school, and we were going over the military threat of some obscure animal that I've already forgotten, and a bunch of other stuff.  It was relatively normal for one of my dreams, until I woke up and realized that the whole thing was in a combination of ASCII and the talking heads from Fallout. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 19, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »

I hope you're not talking about my long ass dream posts, cause they're definitely 90% amalgamations of my interests and past memories with 10% whatever I'm worrying about at the time.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »

Is it normal for dreams to include physical pain? Last night I dreamed that I was doing something for someone else (the specifics have been forgotten). If I did something wrong, it felt like dozens of long, sharp needles were being jammed into my back. It woke me up more than once.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 19, 2013, 11:59:12 pm »

The worst is feeling like falling in a dream. You feel all stiff, and boom, as if you really fell. And, as I used to live under the roof, boom the head too  :(

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 20, 2013, 02:37:58 am »

In today's dream, a passenger ship swimming in my backyard with a North Korean diplomatic mission on board was attacked by... someone. I was watching the action from my room.
Soon after that, I was sitting in my school's auditorium with my classmates. I was listening to this song on my music player, and didn't pay attention to what was happening on stage. Then, I woke up.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 20, 2013, 11:48:09 pm »

Is it normal for dreams to include physical pain?
Sometimes my dreams integrate physical stimuli into the dreamworld, or the other way around. Sometimes in dreams I randomly feel as if my teeth are (painfully) falling out or being forcefully pulled out, only to wake up with my jaw really sore and stiff from clenching my plastic retainers between my teeth.  The other night I briefly woke up to the sound of heavy rain outside, and next thing I knew I was dreaming of torrential downpours flooding buildings. It depends on the person and the situation and stimuli, I guess.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 21, 2013, 12:02:29 am »

I had a dream where I was a wolf. I believe I killed a mammoth or similar mammal.

Odd. Never had a dream where I wasn't anyone but myself.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 21, 2013, 12:12:30 am »

I don't think I ever had a dream where I was myself. At least, the same myself that lives in the day.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 21, 2013, 12:18:38 am »

I've had dreams with pain, but I think that might have come from unknowingly bashing my head against my headboard all night, judging by the splitting headache I would wake up with.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:54 am »

I don't know about pain, but when I do die in my dreams (occasionally, yes, by falling) I experience the most awful, jarring jolt into wakefulness. Similiar to that whole cliched "sitting bolt upright and gasping" thing that goes on in fiction, but I don't actually sit up. :P

I had an awesome dream the other night but I haven't had a chance to post it yet. It is relevant, I think, to Bay12's interests as it formed an incredibly fun game idea.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 21, 2013, 12:38:02 am »

Post it in the Games You Wish Existed thread! We must know. Also, I believe sitting up immediately after waking up is fictional, and actually physically impossible IRL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 21, 2013, 02:56:55 am »

Movie-esque dream? Yep, had one.

It started in my university class where I was alone with few random students, and one began acting jiggly and giddy. So we sprayed him with water and he partially melted, partially exploded because he was the changeling of sorts. We then watched news on the subject of recent changeling revolt or something of that kind. Then I had to avoid changelings from unviersity to my house because they turned you with touch and were vulnerable to water.

At home, my mother recommended me using a pain-soothing gel because it's mostly water + some compounds that further weaken the changelings. So I applied some to myself.

Then I was outside and was battling few of my neighbours who were changed, and arrived in my university to deliver a lecture of 'Living in Harmony and Avoiding Accidental Turning' to the changelings because the government believed we can live in peace.

Of course, the speech was written by some gov.worker, so it was utterly boring and kinda insulting, but I don't remember the text. I did see and read the text, though. The changelings were giving us a chance and so I was supposed to speak with one of their high-ranking officials of sorts, who lived in a manor. That changeling turned out to look exactly like Ciel from The Black Butler anime, just an adult. On the way to basement, where he wanted to show me his human slaves living in 'happiness and harmony' with him, I decided I won't have anything of it so I shot him from my water rifle in the face, causing him to explode messily.

Of course it meant I forever destroyed any chance for peace between humans and changelings, so I decided to storm the changeling HQ before they learn of my treachery. Equipped in two water-filled rifles, I stormed local kindegarten - the place were changelings were hiding.

There, I had to kill my changed sister and her girlfriend, two girls from my university, some of my cousins and uncles, then some random people, and even managed to kill few changelings that, during the beginning of the massacre, turned into furniture and tried to ambush me. I believe I killed ~30 changelings before water in my rifles ran out. Then I was accosted by Ivan.

Ivan was a russian changeling and he was very resistant, and he looked exactly like Guardian G.I. on one of his newest photos; dark short hair, black formal suit, dark demonic eyes. He ran after me, and the last spurts of water from rifles did only scorch him slightly. I believed it was time to use my secondary weapon - the 'grenade', which was my name for Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) filled jar.

And just as I smashed said 'grenade' against Ivan's head... my mother woke me up, because I overslept my alarm clock by 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:05:49 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 21, 2013, 03:42:53 am »

Ivan was a russian changeling and he was very resistant, and he looked exactly like Guardian G.I. on one of his newest photos; dark short hair, black formal suit, dark demonic eyes.
My face when reading this:
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 339