Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512674 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:38 am »

So I was in my house going through my normal weekday morning routine, except with a few oddities.
[1] There was no food, only delicious hot drinks.
[2] A pizza delivery guy was driving over our fences.
[2] My neighbour was a builder.
[4] There were people living in my house who've never set foot in it before.
[5] All of my things were dumped unceremonially in a pile by the front door.
[6] I was holding a book I had already read <- This is what prompted me to realize I was dreaming. First dream where I said out loud I was dreaming too.  Aw yeah, victorly.
(Oh and there is no 3)
Did you wake up immediately after realizing that you were dreaming?
Not quite immediately. Guy from [4] stared at me with a puzzled look and I decided to exit stage right. Then dream ends.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 20, 2012, 10:57:58 am »

So I was in my house going through my normal weekday morning routine, except with a few oddities.

[1] There was no food, only delicious hot drinks.
[2] A pizza delivery guy was driving over our fences.
[2] My neighbour was a builder.
[4] There were people living in my house who've never set foot in it before.
[5] All of my things were dumped unceremonially in a pile by the front door.
[6] I was holding a book I had already read <- This is what prompted me to realize I was dreaming. First dream where I said out loud I was dreaming too.  Aw yeah, victorly.

(Oh and there is no 3)
That's an intresting RTD you got there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »

The dream I had this morning was about the text-based life simulator about a man being turned into a woman by a witch who wanted to punish him for being a player - Cursed! by AnonymousMan Games - being remade for the PC and the XBox 360 by Microsoft with graphics you would find in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and hundreds of achievements themed solely around buying, wearing, tailoring and refitting outfits. These achievements in turn gave you printable sewing patterns that were for every single damn piece of clothing in the game and took around a hundred hours to unlock for some reason - which in turn unlocks a code for Windows 98 Graphics Compatibility Mode that turns the entire system requirements and appearance of the game into something similar to that of a ROM for Pokémon Emerald.

I apparently had unlocked said achievements and gotten the code for doing such a thing in said game that doesn't exist outside of a text-based format in real-life. Now I both really want to start sewing again and also see if that lazy prick has finally updated said game solely so I can play it for a hundred hours as a god damn blogger that does nothing but study, practice judo and surf the internet in her spare time. Either way what the fuck?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

i dreamed i found this 7 year old girl who was kidnapped by pedophiles and was trying to find sth for her somehow and i was tripping over people on heroin and trying to give them tablets o-o and these two friends of mine were at a table marvelling over this layer cake they made, all white and iced, they made me try some to 'decipher' the flavour but i couldnt taste anything o-o it was purple and they say it was like 'lavender' or sth.

the girl kept asking for different foods and she was like that mexican from the tacos advert XD (the "why can't we have both?" meme one. and she wanted weird stuff i didn't have etc. i looked in fridge and was in my family's house somehow, my aunt came in and had a hangover. there was budweiser in the fridge and cans of other beer o-o

i skipped to this page where it seemed people were looking for her but it was like the terminator thriller movie style. i tried talking to this girl but she started saying very disturbing things and i was like 'wrtf is this shit' and bawling my eyes out. then she keeps trying to kill me because she thinks if she doesnt i'll abandon her and i realised she was completely MELTED in the head from being in the pedo-ring thingo. i was talking with someone and we had like 1. muddle through 2. find someone else to do the job 3. suicide o-o and I fell into a gta-like game where I had 8 mins on the clock to run from police. police cars kept jumping out the sky etc but i was good as escaping. jumped into a taxi and drove to the edge where less spawned in an empty field.

then I dropped into this abandoned 'silent hill/hills have eyes' type village in the west and there's monsters that hid in the shadows with masks carved out of tanned flesh except for the eye holes. I dropped into another dream along a long train track and I was with someone, it was like abandoned tunnels for a subway system. We didn't get to the turning point on the tunnel but I knew beyond it was palm trees and a calm greek-style village pub o-o

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:42 am »

This night, i dreamed that i went to a drawing class. I went to the classroom where it was normally, but it was filled with old people. So i walked further and found the right classroom. The textbook looked exactly like our science textbook (not even sure if that's the correct term, actually), and the classroom was decorated with various trollfaces.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 22, 2012, 08:29:34 am »

I keep dreaming of my ex-girlfriend.
Though, tonight i dreamt about visitting my really good buddy, we played Europa Universalis III and shit.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 22, 2012, 10:37:22 am »

I dreamed about me, killing my ex-girlfriend and cutting her head off. I don't know if it's a bad sign or not.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #652 on: December 22, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

I dreamed about me, killing my ex-girlfriend and cutting her head off. I don't know if it's a bad sign or not.
Beheading your ex-girldfriend in dream space is acceptable if her name is Bill and you were wearing a yellow jumpsuit. Or she's the former Queen of France.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »

What about if she left you because she got bullied for liking you?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 22, 2012, 04:09:59 pm »

Last night's dream was about a zombie apocalypse at my dorm. I was trying to rescue someone mostly undefined during it, but the cops were for some reason trying desperately to kill her despite the situation. So I tried to kill them back but they killed me. Twice.

Damned dreams.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2012, 04:19:26 pm »

Well, I was the one who broke up, after she broke up with me for two times and got back together. The funny thing is, she killed my potential romantic partner before I killed her. I think I told this dream here but I can't remember. I think I'll give the full version.

So, I'm sitting on the beach with a girl I may be interested in (don't really remember) and it's night. I make a few jokes, make her laugh, etc. Then suddenly my ex shows up, kills the girl with something like a machete. Then she throws the machete at me and catch it in mid-air. Then a police spots us, with the bloody machete in my hand. I panic and I run into a bungalow nearby. I get in from the window and to the bedroom. I notice a girl, wearing a bikini. When she notices me, with a bloody machete in my hand, she starts screaming. I try to shut her up but she doesn't listen. Before her screams attract the cop, I slash her throat and hide in the wardrobe. My ex-girlfriend enters the wardrobe and hides too, which makes me angry. Cop comes, checks the corpse, takes a look around and leaves like everything is fine. He kinda acts like a guard from Oblivion or Skyrim. Anyway, after he leaves the bungalow, my ex and I come out of the wardrobe. My ex says "heh, that was close" or something like that. She is acting like nothing happened. I get angry and stab her in the chest. Then I behead her and throw her head from the window.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »

Last night's dream was about a zombie apocalypse at my dorm. I was trying to rescue someone mostly undefined during it, but the cops were for some reason trying desperately to kill her despite the situation. So I tried to kill them back but they killed me. Twice.

Damned dreams.

Hey, excuse the double post but I just remembered a zombie apocalypse dream I had. It's more like a new universe though, kinda like The Walking Dead meets Metro 2033. The thing is, I never saw a zombie in this dream.

The outbreak isn't that big yet. Some neighborhoods are sealed off with barriers and soldiers stationed at the borders. That's how life is like now. These 'neighborhoods' are not that big. It takes around half an hour to walk from one end to another. Neighborhoods are still dangerous because of lack of order and law. There are a few self-proclaimed cops (vigilantes wearing a cop clothing) and that's all. Neighborhoods are crawling with muggers, insane people, infected people who are hiding it and unnoticed corpses which are not burned. There aren't many vehicles because fuel is more valuable than gold now and it's usually used for generators. Traveling from a neighborhood to another is difficult but not impossible. The border around neighborhoods are mostly clean but there are a lot of zombies around the abandoned neighborhoods.

I live at the neighborhood which I used to visit everyday when I was going to the elementary school. I think most of my family is dead, only my dad alive. I'm out in the street, with a big serrated machete in my hand. It's not unusual for people to carry weapons. Anyway, I'm going to visit a diner, just across the elementary school I used to go. They make the best hamburgers. I step inside and ask for two hamburgers. I notice the cook looking at my blade, a little scared. I say something like "Just for defending myself. You never know what's going to happen." and he smiles and nods. However, he looks like he is very scared and he probably thinks I'm mad or something. I go the bathroom and wash my hands. I notice someone acting a little weird. He looks like a hobo and he is standing in the corner of the bathroom. He has severe fever and it sounds like he is whispering to himself. I know people who have the zombie infection has fever and hallucinations. I fear that he is infected but I'm not okay with murdering him just because he has fever. I try to ignore him and wash my hands. He notices me and my machete. He starts shouting like "Are you going to kill me?" and something like that. I try to calm him and tell him that I'm not going to kill him. He runs towards me and pushes me to the ground. He takes my machete, gets down on his knees, and tries to stab me in the head. I catch his arms but I'm not strong enough to stop him from thrusting the blade into my head.

In the end, he kills me by impaling the machete into my skull. I learned two things from this dream. First, carrying a weapon to defend yourself may be the reason of your death. Two, if you suspect someone has a fucking disease that makes them go mad, you better get out of there.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 28, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »

I've had 2 notable dreams recently, which I can recall.

The first dream was a couple of weeks ago. It starts with me getting humiliated due to my incompetency. I kill a bunch of people in the area, then somehow fall into a desert. There's this cartoony camel with a fez hat on. He says "balls balls balls balls" over and over again. Then I wake up.

The second dream was last night. My dad, sister, and I were out in some field with a car. I was laying face-up on top of the car, watching the sky. Suddenly, a bear comes and taps my sister on the shoulder. We freak and everyone piles into the car. Cue epic chase. Then we drive into this door into a creepy gray building. Now we are walking around, trying to get through without encountering the horrible, murderous creature within. The creature was vaguely humanoid in shape, but I don't know what it looked like in detail. Regardless, it killed a couple of people before we got out. Suddenly we are at home. It's still night and I'm looking out the back window. A whole shit-ton of rabbits are isolating and cornering some cats. A pack of deer appear and one of the cats attacks them. I open the door to try and scare the rabbits and deer away, but that angers the deer, and they charge the door! Then I wake up.

On a related note, has anyone ever had a bad dream, then rolled over and the dream changes? It happens frequently that a bad dream wakes me up and I roll over on my other side, then it becomes much better. Similarly, if I stay on the same side, the dream continues.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 29, 2012, 01:26:29 am »

Weird shit still goes on in my brain when I try to sleep in my girlfriend's bed. Cannot kickstart lucid dreams at all. Only barely-there blobs of random colors and textures that seem to be just outside my grasp.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:16 am »

Last night I had a particularly long and vivid chain of dreams. I can only remember the last bit now.

After a bunch of wandering around, I got in a knife fight with some dude in a grocery store. I was like twelve for some reason so I couldn't hope to beat him and just ran around and hid. He came around a corner and I attempted to stab him but he stabbed me in the middle of the chest. It only sank in like an inch because I was holding my knife out and he couldn't get closer to me without stabbing himself.

Then the dream switched. The grocery store was on a huge city-sized space ship and I was participating in a rebellion against the oppressive ruling class. There was a lot of skirmishing and plotting.

Then the dream started to switch again. Richard from Looking For Group was with me and helped us by sacrificing himself to crash a smaller ship into wherever the government was located on the city-ship. I cried because this meant LFG was ending. Really serious crying, too. This is the last thing I remember before waking up.

That's the last time I read comic updates before bed. My mind interrupted a series of crazy action dreams with some shitty self-insert fanfic.

The knife fight dream has made me realize the vast majority of my action dreams are me running for my life from someone who wants to kill me. It's never someone real; it's always some random dude. Maybe it's the same guy.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 339