Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512663 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:01 am »

You were probably re-interpreting the Earth-sized explosion on Jupiter a few weeks ago.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 16, 2012, 01:29:43 pm »

If we can swap "gay men" with "hot chicks" then sign me up too :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 16, 2012, 01:36:13 pm »

@MSH: Eh, didn't know there was such explosion.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 16, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »

@MSH: Eh, didn't know there was such explosion.
Here it is. Keep in mind that this is the whole of Jupiter in that shot, being seen with an amateur telescope, and the explosion was still that large. Had whatever hit Jupiter hit Earth we would all be very dead. Indeed, the integrity of the planet could be compromised by that much force.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »

I barely remember my dream from last night, since I've been awake for a while without writing it down.
At first it involved these assassins of some sort, who were getting paid good money to hunt down these hippy activists who had somehow interfered in the Vietnam war and kill them. I'm not sure why. I think Vietnam had become some sort of world superpower following the war. I think this was in a documentary I was watching, too. Maybe.

So then I was like, "Hang on, this sucks, why are all these cool hippy-activist-people the ones getting killed?"
And then I suddenly became some vietnamese resistance fighter(with a coolie and an uzi), doing something something to overthrow the evil government. I can't remember how it ended, but it was dramatic and I probably died. :P

I'm not exactly all that knowledgable on that particular part of history, and it seems my subconscious is not above making shit up to fill in the gaps. That was strange.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2012, 01:30:04 am »

Fell asleep at friends house drempt he had more cats, arg never again.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:37 pm »

I fell sort-of-asleep in the middle of Business Stuidies and mentally replaced the example of a hairdresser's potential market opportunity that I was reading into a story about a blacksmith who made exploding horseshoes a way to get back at underpaying farmers.
Personally, I think the second one was much better than the first.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 18, 2012, 01:09:56 am »

Argh, damnit! I just dozed off on my floor whilst reading a book and had this amazing dream, and then I woke up and was sorta in the "afterglow", just going over the various bizarrwe points in the dream, when I started to rapidly forget it.
I was still (more than) half asleep, and even as I grasped at various parts of the dream with my frantic mental fingers, they slipped away. :( I'm sad now, 'cause I actually remembered it well when I first woke up, and was looking fowards to recording it.

All I have left now are tiny memory fragments.
I know some group of people or things were after me, for some reason. My memory's saying they were a collection of my past selves? Something to do with time travel. Anyway, I was running and hiding from them along some big journey, meeting up with some interesting characters, and at one point taking a train ride with some people. (Only one I remember now, someone who used to be kindof a friend. Never knew them very well. Perhaps more of my group of friends were on the train?)

Basically, at the end I had resigned myself to being killed by my past selves(or whoever the fuck was after me), and I did something incredibly weird yet badass in an effort to either save myself or strike out at the people after me.
I believe I left/gave a note for/to my past self, instructing him to go somewhere and take out some shadowy figure or other.
That's all I've got, sadly. :(

I was reading a book called Cosmic Banditos when I fell asleep, and I'm beginning to theorize that my brain erased most of the memory of the dream since the sheer bizarreness of it would have driven my sensible, waking mind to insanity. That's how little sense what I remember of it makes. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 18, 2012, 04:33:22 am »

I don't tend to remember my dreams that I (presumably) have when I am asleep, yet when I lay in bed in morning not wanting to get up, my mind tends to wander and "dream". One morning when I was younger, I dreamed there was a volcano erupting in the next city over, and I had to get my family to safety.

I only really remember this because sometime later, I went to a craft workshop with my aunty and made a poor model of a volcano that I painted and took home =/
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2012, 05:27:46 am »

Hmm, a lot more plot than can now be recalled, but last night's ending was (in the context of some sort of "sequel to the Olympics" having been set up in my local area, many stadia being built on derelict land) that my mobile phone[1], only recently been repaired (in the dream itself) had now been selected as the 'puck' in some sort of game of (field-)hockey-with-a-mobile-phone.  (On a pitch with curbstones and pavements(/sidewalks) on it, so perhaps more like street-hockey, but with a brightly coloured neoprene surface on the flat bits, and all in a dedicated stadium.)

And, what's more, I was the umpire/referee/whatever, and had the conflicting desires of keeping my phone from being damaged (i.e. hit with the hockey sticks) and letting it be hit.  What's more, I had to do the latter impationately, despite the fact that one of the teams was my 'home' team, so while I was often leaping on the phone and protecting it with my hands (I don't know why I didn't then need to protect my hands, or indeed head or rest of my body), I then had to make sure that I was not letting it go to allow my own team hit it any more than I was letting it go to allow their opponents to do so.

It ended up with massive damage to the phone (huge bits carved out of its face, not just smashed up as you might expect) and I essentially "took my ball and went home", all in a huff.  I think the game resumed with another phone, and referee, though I'd lost interest in it by then.

Ironically (or not) I totally forgot to bring my phone into work, today.  (No, I didn't dream that, unless I'm dreaming adding to the thread.  If I find I am, I'll try to make sure I report that when I'm really here, though. ;) )

[1] A.k.a. "cellphone", "handy", etc, although yesterday I'd been reading this, which might mean I don't need to explain this to all 'furriners'.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2012, 11:31:09 am »

I dreamt about eating sand.

In a group of sexy naked men. We ate the sand for quite a while so I believe my whole dream sequence was about eating sand.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:37 am »

I dreamt about eating sand.

In a group of sexy naked men. We ate the sand for quite a while so I believe my whole dream sequence was about eating sand.
Sexy naked men doing illogical things seems to be coming a recurring theme. Which eldrich horror/wizard/wwizard among you is causing this trickery? Not that I'm displeased, but you could at least tell everyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 18, 2012, 11:39:19 am »

bay12 would be good insanity influence for my dream sequences. Not that I mind.
SigFlags!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 18, 2012, 06:50:59 pm »

Had a dream last night.

Speaking with girl I stopped contact with for my own sanity. She wanted my phone number, I said no. That was the dream.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 19, 2012, 06:26:59 am »

[Became a bit of a long one, I now realise...  Recompartmentalised it, but left it largely unedited, except for speeling eroors.]

Two-and-a-bit for the price of one,  Being written up at 4AM (more to come?) due to general restlessness after having gone to bed fair too early, last night.

Spoiler: Part the first: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part the '-and-a-bit': (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part the second: (click to show/hide)

That's it.  No idea if anyone will find that useful.  I wonder if I'll try to edit it down before I transfer it to the forums.  Also, there's potentially another period or three of dreaming still to be had, tonight, except that now I'm all creatively fired up and can probably find better things to do than go back to sleep, however much I'll regret it later.

I now proudly give you
Spoiler: Part The Fourth(s): (click to show/hide)

Let us call this next lapse the "final episode" of the night, and certainly I must hurry its recording as I have not much more time before work demands my presence.

I'm not dreaming now (as I finish this record), I'm fairly sure, as everything is normal.  (Or is it?)  On the other hand, I'm perhaps cutting it fine in order to get to work on time, so I shall leave any editing of this little missive until later.  Assuming I even post it, but it would be a shame to not do so, now, after all the effort, eh? ;)

[Looks like I did, sorry.  :P]
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 339