Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512684 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2012, 01:58:27 pm »

When I was young I remember a nightmare about elmo or someone from sesame street brutally killing my family then knifing me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:23 pm »

When I was three I remember having a dream that I was wandering around Hughesdale Station (I lived in Oakleigh, Victoria, Australia back then) and I fell onto the tracks. By the time I'd somehow managed to climb back up (despite the platform being twice my height) I saw my mother and baby sister leave on a citybound train without me.

Earliest dream I can remember vividly.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2012, 08:49:58 am »

-snip-
:O, this is really weird, but also interesting and kinda fascinating.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2012, 08:56:57 am »

Had a weird dream about a cat-man civilization (not kahjit, in my dream they also didnt really have a representation, i only knew they were man-cats) that honored a peak called "top" or something like that, and to go there you first had to go trough sewers and then come back, the enterance into their city was a plank you had to jump off into a swimming pool. And they hid eggs in trees. (not on top of them, IN the wood)

Several times in the dream i was suddenly at "top" with a cat-man.
This was a weird, weird dream.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2012, 09:45:30 am »

The early dream is a bit fuzzy, but as I was writing this, I remembered a bit more of it.

I was driving some sort of darkly-painted car-like vehicle that didn't belong to me. Being a dream, it was probably way too small to actually drive. I swerved down the road a ways before jumping out of the car (which continued driving haphazardly along without me). It seemed to be about midday, and I was on the right side of the highway, which I recognized as an interstate. It ran along the top of a hill, then turned into a bridge that followed the lowering terrain on other side. Immediately near me, the interstate split off into a smaller road, which continued somewhat parallel to the interstate, veering away slightly, before splitting into two roads: one that continued below the highway ((and very parallel)), and ((right next to me)) one that dropped below ground into one of those subterranean roads. I saw some fellow in a respectable looking suit walking down the other road with a young woman in a flamboyant costume. As they walked, they would periodically jump onto or off the railings, occasionally on a skateboard-like thing, making it seem like a series of tricks. At this point, a guy I knew ((I believe I recognized him as my old biology teacher)) pulled up in a similar looking car and asked me why I was following those two. I explained that I wasn't, I was just looking for a ride. He shrugged and kept going down the highway.

I began to descend into the tunnel, following the road. It was lit by orange-yellow-tinted lights in the walls or ceiling, giving a strange cast to everything.
It actually looked a lot like this,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but it was much simpler and smaller, only one lane.

A little ways down, I saw a few people I knew, who I joined up with. ((At this point, the dream gets a bit fuzzy until later on.)) We continued down the tunnel, which eventually ended far away from the entrance. ((The road also stopped at the mouth of the tunnel.)) We were looking out onto a desert that resembled a pine nut forest from Colorado -- lots of scraggly trees and scrub -- and it was the middle of the night, with lots of stars visible in the night sky. Down the hill and at the peak of another one ((We seemed to be much closer to the foothills of the mountain the highway ran towards)) was a sort of sandstone temple or something. With the few torches that lit up the entrance and a bit of the grounds with an orange tint, it was reminiscent of Minecraft. Apparently, some sort of thieves have forced us to take refuge in the temple, though my dreamself realizes that they're deeper inside. The room just inside the temple -- which is actually more like a tomb now -- is small, made of plain sandstone. Along the left wall are two panels, each about the size of a door. Ahead, aligned with the right side of the room, is a set of stairs that goes deeper into the temple. Along the right side of the wall is another one of those panels. After considering with my group a bit ((who proceed to spread out and start searching)), I walked over to the panel on the far left. I placed my hands on it and, with some effort, slid it into the wall to the right. As a group, we continued on down the tunnel that was revealed and then down the stairway that followed.

Near the bottom, I remembered that there was a geocache in the tomb, which I located through a panel nearby. None of my group saw me or followed me in that I noticed. Inside, there was an upside-down "L" shaped room ((The panel I entered through was in the short leg of the "L")). Along the wall to the right, there was a small square window, about a foot wide. Ahead, there was a bookshelf and, to the left of it ((parallel to the wall)), there was a single twin size bed that looked quite rumpled. Most of the room was a mess, full of objects and things dropped off or stored by previous geocachers. I went to the window and opened it up a crack. Outside, I could barely make out dim figures slumping around in the desert. I closed it, as to not get their attention. As I did, I noticed a shadow in the corner of the window that turned out to be the face of a child faintly molded into the window. As I moved to turn away, I moved into just the right angle to see that someone had carved something into the window. There was a short message that I cannot recall, followed by an email (("atakius@gmail.com" or something)) and a crudely scribbled drawing of a cartoony monster. I pulled out a flip-phone gaming thing, booted to the main menu, started a new game, chose to take a picture to represent my avatar, and tried to take a picture of the message, which failed horribly because of the terrible resolution.

I walked over to the bookshelf, which was only about 4' tall with two shelves. Kneeling down, I began to look through the books. On the top shelf were several ((about six)) copies of a "Hitchhikers Guide to Speaking X" ((Where X was English, Italian, Dutch, etc.)). There were also numerous guides to native flora and fauna, as well as survival ((and game)) guides ((notably, a Zombie Survival Guide)). In addition, there were a good number of novels as well. On the top-right shelf, behind most of the other books, I saw what I had left last time. I recall a comic-novel called "The Last Starfighter," another Zombie Survival Guide, and some D&D campaign notes that I hadn't written. I pocketed the Zombie Survival Guide after I saw the double, then looked on top of the bookshelf. There was an array of coloured Game Boys, each with ((presumably)) a corresponding Pokemon game in it, as well as several other consoles. I scooped up each one and dumped them my bag. I took a quick look at one of them. It booted up what seemed to be Animal Crossing. The player was an owl, followed by several werewolf creatures that seemed to be friends. ((A closer look at the owl showed it to be werewolf-ified as well)). The music was high and flat, and a bit creepy. Recognizing that whoever had played it last had already reached endgame, I put it away.

Someone then called my name, telling me that I had to hurry. I finished grabbing anything that looked valuable and ran to the other side of the room, sliding open a new panel. Outside, my group waited in a room that seemed to be the end of the stairs. They seemed to be waiting for me. I told them that if we wanted to escape the tomb, they knew the dangers. They told me that they were ready to go. In the middle of the left wall of the room was a steep ramp that descended about a hundred feet, then turned. In the center of the ramp was a channel full of rapidly flowing water. At the top of the ramp was a small pool of calmer water. I walked over to the wall and began to pull rings from a slot. I placed one in the small pool, where it inflated slightly. One of my group members jumped over and sat in the center. He screamed a bit as I pushed him down the chute. I began to distribute the rings and then followed everyone else down the flume. Much further down, the flume ended in what appeared to be an ancient garden and then flowed into several irrigation channels. A cobbled path continued much further into the distance and was lit by torches. Far to the left was a highway. All along the cobbled path and hidden in the garden were walking corpses.

((Dreamaware me was like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))

Luckily, we were armed with infinitesimally small toy revolvers about an inch and a half long. Just big enough to pull the trigger with the pointer finger and cock it with the thumb.

We began to move down the path, fending of the corpses. Strangely, they were all female and wearing fancy Victorian-doll costumes which, combined with their porcelain complexion and silence, made them seem creepily doll-like. When cocked, the revolvers gave a loud click, but their only effect when fired was a pitiful amount of recoil, no projectiles. Despite this, a "headshot" from one of the revolvers would down one of the dollpeople. As we worked our way down the path, someone lurched towards me, and I shot them by reflex. Unfortunately, it was a member of our group. She went down exactly like a doll, slowly crumpling over, but she mumbled quietly to herself as she died. We continued on, losing very few people, until I realized my brother was no longer with us. I noticed him off the path, kicking around a ball in a shallow pool of water. Several dollpeople were lurching towards him, but he was oblivious. It was obvious that he saw them coming, and he when he saw me, he shouted that he didn't care if they killed him. We left him behind, but at around this point, I woke up.

0,o

That was more wall-of-texty that I thought it would be.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

Weird one a few days ago.

I think I was an apple in it, however I had arms and legs, so that was alright. Now, I was trapped in a warehouse with a friend, and more apples where being used for something. My friend broke free, but he fell into a stream in the middle of the floor, and was swept under a grate. Then, I saw something. It looked like a circuit board, and it had arms and legs. It grabbed my friend and shackled him up again. Then, it disintegrated and the lights went out for a split second, everything electrically powered froze. Then, suddenly I broke free, then I jumped into the stream for some reason. The same thing happened, but the circuit board didn't bother to chain me up again. I saw a door in the wall, marked "EXIT" It was one of those ones you see at the back of walmart. I pushed the bar, and an alarm went on briefly. Somehow, I knew that if I did that again the circuit board would be alerted. The lights went out again, and as the next circuit board appeared, I noticed that during the dark the alarm system on the door had also gone off. Right when the lights where about to go out, I pushed the door. It beeped a bit, then the electricity died. However, looking back at where the circuit board used to be, I saw a ghostly image of it, drifting toward the next circuit board. I shoved at the door, but it wouldn't budge. The lights mostly came on, but much dimmer than they had been. The next circuit board glowed blue, and slowly approached me. As it touched me, I woke up.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:19 pm »

Last night I had a dream in which someone was going to kill herself, so one of my college professors knocked her unconscious to prevent it from happening.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »

Last night I had a dream in which someone was going to kill herself, so one of my college professors knocked her unconscious to prevent it from happening.
Seems like a prudent action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2012, 04:33:41 am »

More like I WAS God, and got betrayed by my creations, and turned to hate and is now the worst thing ever.
Heh, sounds like fun. Betrayal is the best thing ever, right next to that other thing.

Btw, I do believe a one 'Xantalos' shall be joining my pantheon as the God of generic Godness, alongside The Darkling Wolf, God of keys and all things amorphous and Duuvian, God of striving (and corn).
Am I a minor god of fap? :P
Very well, but you will forever be at conflict with Dutchling, he-who-faps-at-the-dark. Congrats!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2012, 08:56:47 am »

I had a strange dream a few nights ago, but by 'strange' I mean strange by my standards. It was unusually tame for me.
I remembered it fairly well and wrote it down, so here you go. I edited a few bits, either for anonymity or to correct my half-asleep grammar. (Then again, I'm half asleep now, only I'm falling asleep rather than waking up. Go figure.)

Quote from: Dream
I was back in the small town I used to live in for some reason, but the main thing I remember doing was shopping at the IGA (supermarket) a couple of times and having a great chat with the girl at the checkout.

The second time I was there, I was strolling slowly along, pondering what I needed and observing the people in the place. Eventually, when I finally reached the checkout, I realised, embarassingly, that I hadn't picked up anything to buy. I quickly mumbled something to the checkout girl(who was telling me to hurry, as it was closing time) about going back for the stuff I needed and hurried off down the aisle, only to realise after searching for a bit that I actually didn't need to get anything.
Apparently I'd just wandered back in to watch people and chat to checkout-girl. So I grabbed a can of Monster on my way out, joked with her about 'forgetting' what I was supposed to get, and left.

After that I decided to go for a jog on a path nearby, despite how overcast it was getting. (It was a different, distorted dreamt-up version of a walking track that actually exists.) Running along, feeling great, I bumped into a yuppy-looking family on their way back, and the father asked me to retrieve their logbook-type-thing and pens from where he'd left them under a tree down the path.

I did so, gave it to him and continued, before long coming across a dead fish on the boardwalk. Dream-me realised that they had been fishing in the creek, and for some reason this had stirred up all the aquatic creatures. First I saw another, sickly looking fish floating in a tiny pool of bubbling yellowish water, and then after that the water level was just over the boards and they were everywhere, fish of all sorts, frogs, and probably other stuff that I am forgetting. I could hardly walk without stepping on them(seriously, it was starting to become a bit of a nightmare at this point), and eventally it became impossible so I resolved to jump over this infested part of the path to avoid all the slimy creatures.

I jumped straight up into the air, but didn't make it quite over these weird brown bushes(that sort-of stretched up into the sky just as far as they needed to stop me, because, y'know, dream physics) which I realised, to my horror, were filled with families of birds which I was disturbing by crashing into their home. I was trying to disentangle myself without causing any further damage when I woke up.

...Yeah. :P Well, it got a bit weird there towards the end, but in fact it was actually a very pleasant dream, especially earlier on talking to that girl. It's annoying when dreams do this; in dream-land I will be great friends with someone I hardly ever knew and haven't seen in years, to the point that I feel sad not knowing them well in real life. :-\
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:58:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2012, 10:47:49 am »

Fall asleep, have dreams about visiting my father and having a fight (as usual), going through mirrors to my mothers house with my sister I havent seen in 5 years for more then 5 minutes, then traveling through parallel realities to a earth where aliens are investigating a destroyed humanity in an alternate reality where actors and musicians are all jumbled up in weird combinations... the usual.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2012, 09:00:17 am »

New Entry
Time: Exactly midnight.
Quote from: Things NobodyPro no longer does while lucid dreaming
1. Use light switches. Fuck those things.
2. Try to summon my 'Green Eyes' manifestation. She hates that.
3. Pull trains. It wastes time.
4. Fall off buildings. This is not a valid way to fly.
NEW: 5. Look in mirrors. AGH! WAT!
And it was going so well too.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:35 am »

I'm curious as to what you saw.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15:28 am »

In place of my face there was two big black eyes, a big dark maw, no nose and long, thin, needle-like teeth.
Basically, a terrifying, pale version of my avatar's face.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2012, 09:16:11 am »

Bitchin'. :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 339