Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512738 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2012, 06:31:52 pm »

No dreams last night!

*dances with joy*

Nope. You just don't remember any.

I know, I know. I'm being an overly pedantic ass.

It is entirely possible to have dreamless sleep.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:47 pm »

No dreams last night!

*dances with joy*

Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »

Dozed off before, in front of the computer with my hand still on the mouse. :-\ Yeah, maybe it's time to get some sleep...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:59 am »

Often times I dream a a dream that I know is a dream. It's not quite a lucid dream, I have a bit of control, but not full control. Although one thing I can do in them if I chose to is wake up.

So anyway. I had one of them this morning. And I am like "Huh. I wonder what time it is. Maybe I should wake up." So I look at a clock and it says 6:50 (interesting to note, in this dream that appears to mean it is 50 minutes past the hour, and the next hour to come up will be 6, so 6:50 actually equals 5:50. I have no idea why my dream was using such a odd and confusing time system, but whatever.)

So I see it is 5:50, and I say "Huh. Okay. I can sleep in a bit more." So I don't wake up. About a half a hour later (in these simi lucid dreams I am aware enough that I can tell at least how much actual time is passing, roughly.) I wake up and look at the clock. 9:30

Mother fucking lying dreams.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2012, 10:02:13 am »

DREAM LOGIC:
*some dream*
In the dream, I suddenly become aware of the current time
"OH MY GOD IT'S 4:30 I HAVE TO GET UP AT 5:30 I'M LATE"
*wakes up*
*does not fall back asleep*
My wooden badge was delicious.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:38 am »

No dreams last night!

*dances with joy*

Although if you don't have any for an extended period you end up feeling very tired and I would assume also fatigued.
So it isn't the best thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2012, 12:13:47 pm »

Although if you don't have any for an extended period you end up feeling very tired and I would assume also fatigued.
So it isn't the best thing.
And there is also the possibility that it does very bad things to your mental state.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2012, 07:37:34 am »

Alright, i had a very weird dream tonight that i remember having before.
It was a sort of continuation.
I'm in a store buying stuff to kill bugs and redecorating my house because some ladies are coming over, and i will attempt to get laid.
They come over, and some stuff happens that i dont remember anymore. Suddenly i'm in another room fighting some random guy, and i change my attack modus. Suddenly one side of the room is a beach, and random plants are there. I suddenly realize it was just a dream and think "i should have axed the scroll" Then one of the ladies says that i should cook, but i cant cook, yet i go to the kitchen. I see one of those pans that are deeper then normal pans (dont know how they are called in english) and i think of a meal i had a few days ago in rl and that i should be able to make. Then i notice that the pan is kinda fat and not washed and then i wake up.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2012, 10:53:50 am »

My dreams are usually divided in two parts.
The first person part, at first. And the third person part, in the last chunk of it.

I felt like I had three different themes of this dream, I barely remember the first and have completely forgotten the second one. The third part goes like this.

Dream rules on there:
1. I knew it was a dream but was unable to wake up.
2. I could feel I was on my gaming position.
3. I could feel pain.

It all started after being weirded out by the place of the second segment. I was there and the whatever was on my second section was too, it said something about symbiosis or parasites or magical bonding or something along the lines, took no care to it and went to the wilderness. It was becoming night, werecritters and vamps exist on the night, they were extremely powerful. I fought a bandit and the full moon came.
I ran into the city, I was only safe at lit places but on the entrance there were little to none. Some slenderman intermission happened around there quickly, but nothing else. I approached this dark elf that had frankenstein hair on this lit place (at this point it became a elderscrolls mashup with some vampire mutated media). I went downstairs to retrieve something, and as soon as I get to a dark place she freaks out and turns into a vamp, I run into the city and find that everyone is a weresomething chained.
At this point the bandit followed me in as a werewolf, and a long chase scene happened, my mind became a jerk and didnt let me deeper into the city by "quest-something" tried to enter the fighters guild and couldn't, so I found myself running away from this werecritter while finding ways out.
I finally go down the river and the creature finally misses me, the sun was rising and some wizards went to help me.
I was drowning with guy and all, so I went into my inventory, drank a healing potion, a fatigue one and a mana one and started casting healing spells on myself, I then try to loot the coffer behind me and the werecritter noticed me.
It didn't turn back, it killed a wizard trough a wall and then me, I saw the gameover screen and ragequitted out of the dream.

Did I say that on the chase scene I was arrowed a few times and felt them on my ribs?
That one part of it really sucked.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »

my extremely nonsensed dream :
i was walking around a forest for no reason. then i saw 6 men,i don't know why but for some reason i knew they were bandits.i took out my sword (it was yellow and it had red ball at the tip of blade) and charged at them,one of them grabbed me by my right ear and threw me at a tree.they all enraged,became red and they were chasing me,i remember that i saw a bright red watermelon under my foot, the watermelon had a little door.i went in the watermelon and saw 2 ants fighting with knives on their heads,i was really excited about one of the ants. then a random bird appeared and started shooting seeds at me,i picked up a sniper rifle and zoomed with the scope and i saw the bird had a purple mace logged in its tail.the sniper rifle for some reason was shooting grappling hooks,so i appeared on the bird,somehow i knew that i must burn the purple mace that was logged on its tail to remove the curse that was making birds angry. i made a fireplace on the birds back and burned the mace .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:18:59 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2012, 12:51:57 pm »

i was walking around a forest for no reason. then i saw 6 men,i don't know why but for some reason i knew they were bandits.i took out my sword (it was yellow and it had red ball at the tip of blade) and charged at them,one of them grabbed me by my right ear and threw me at a tree.they all enraged,became red and they were chasing me,i remember that i saw a bright red watermelon under my foot, the watermelon had a little door.i went in the watermelon and saw 2 ants fighting with knives on their heads,i was really excited about one of the ants. then a random bird appeared and started shooting seeds at me,i picked up a sniper rifle and zoomed with the scope and i saw the bird had a purple mace logged in its tail.the sniper rifle for some reason was shooting grappling hooks,so i appeared on the bird,somehow i knew that i must burn the purple mace that was logged on its tail to remove the curse that was making birds angry. i made a fireplace on the birds back and burned the mace .

if dreams are preparing you, you will be ready for a bay12/dwarf fortress leaking into reality scenario.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »

In any other time past I would hail you as a prophet of the divine madness.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33:35 am »

i was surprised about how much action can happen inside a watermelon .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2012, 03:48:22 am »

Anyone care to inform me when the next full moon is supposed to be?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2012, 04:09:50 am »

Anyone care to inform me when the next full moon is supposed to be?
Are you a werewolf?
Also it's probably in a bit over half a month. I think?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 339