Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568979 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4890 on: January 05, 2023, 04:53:01 pm »

That never works, they always beat the shit out of you. Even if you wake up from punching the wall, they still won in the dream and ruined your night.

It happens to me a lot. It's almost always my brother attacking me for no reason. Sometimes the dream doesn't end there though.
Similar story with mine. Woke up in the morning feeling like absolute crap, like I hadn't rested at all

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: January 07, 2023, 08:13:09 am »

I was trying to climb a large hill, but it got steeper and steeper, eventually vertical with nothing to grab onto, and I fell down like 100 feet.  Uninjured, I found a large sand stairway next to it to take instead.  Huge tesla windmills, solar panels, and batteries up top there.  I followed the ridgeline down, and got stuck in some deep snow on the side of the road, every step would break off a large chunk, and I'd fall right back into a ditch.  Had to use all 4 limbs to climb out.  I'm not sure how, but I then ended up with a grenade, and pulled the pin out, but couldn't find a safe place to throw it.  Possible hikers down that slope, prized fish in that pond, my hand started to get tired from holding the lever in.  Fortunately, after a lengthy search, I found the pin, and put it back in the grenade. 

Dreams are weird.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: January 07, 2023, 08:46:31 am »

I dreamed about... online chatrooms as a physical space?

Someone was asking about Fallen London and the Seven Fold Knock and I jokingly explained it as "Like shave-and-a-haircut but you use it on a particular door in the NORTH" and this girl was like "Haha, that's far too literal!" and I was like "O M G I'm tripping over all these dang metaphors and exchangeable notions!"

I think she referred to me as a gal, then corrected to "or guy or anything else", which didn't bother me.  I was in a gal mood and I was being respected.

More importantly it was Christmastime and this chat is completely train-brained, so we picked the best Mall Santa to drive the "Polar Express" (some random train).  The train wasn't meant to run on coal and was going the wrong direction through a switchboard but Santa magic (or donoteat01 just being good at trains) made it okay, we dodged and weaved through it.

Then there was something more metaphysical where the nature of someone's social media posts was able to reassure me that all would be well, all would be well, all manner of things would be well.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 08, 2023, 08:49:45 am »

I love how precise and well developed meanings of symbolism or otherwise generally abstract some of your dreams are here.
Mine mostly involve always something physical and far more simpleton it seems.

From what I am reading it seems like my dreams lack the sort of social reflection depth that I am noticing in this thread.
Keep on dreaming folks!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: January 12, 2023, 11:18:53 am »

I had a quite vivid dream today.

First off it started with me playing Space Station 13.
The view was your typical top-down perspective. Everything was cartoonish and gamey.

I started the round off as a traitor. (An antagonist role that allows you to kill/hurt players in this multiplayer space station simulator game)
I immediately accessed my invisibility cloak item and turned it on.

I also got my hands on some pistol.
I was being a jerk to people and generally pissing everybody off.
Stealing stuff, bumping into people or leaving banana peels on the floor.

I was thinking of a way to kill somebody just for the fun of it.
You know, they arent real. Its just another player. Thats how it felt to me.
When I was trying to rationalize, somehow, in a dream that why killing somebody would be fun.

I arrived to couple of kids sitting on a bench somewhere.
Suddenly, something with my perspective shifted.
Very dramatically I no longer found myself in top down 2D world.

My reality turned into 3D, first person view.
All the cartoonish details vanished.
Everything felt much more real.
More authentic but I was still somehow feeling like I was playing a game after all. But my feelings about it were uncertain or I was not really putting much thought into it.

The two kids in front of me were now very real with handsome faces in full youth.
They were blond and both had blue eyes, very innocent and cute.

I now, in the spirit of my inner gamer, raised my pistol. Which now in the real world became a Glock 17. (just like what I use at my job)
And aimed my sights at one of the children.
"Do you want to die?" I asked him devilishly.

He seemed to get up from the bench and stared at me shocked, wordless.

"Run in circles or die." I tried to play with him.
I hesitated pulling the trigger, not feeling any weight behind my decision but something strange feeling began creeping into me. Dunno how to explain it, felt very vivid.

The boy very cooperatively started to run in circles without a shred of disrepect.
I felt something change inside me. It was like I either forgot I wanted to pull the trigger for fun.
Or I felt something like empathy. Everything seemed more real and I suddenly did not want to just shoot somebody for no reason.

I suddenly found myself at a wedding.
With my father who I have not seen for a really loooong time.
My glock 17 still holstered at my waist, even thought I am wearing a wedding suit.

Somehow, and this is a common occurence in my dreams, I was able to fly.
I then started doing all sort of stunts in the air.
Started reliving the memories of my last wedding IRL. But the strange ability to fly and be everywhere at once.

When suddenly I saw a child on the other side of whatever place we were at, in danger of getting run over by a bus.
I was able to fly over there and snatch the helpless child playing in the middle of a road, unaware of the bus going at full speed behind its back.

Everybody seemed to be amazed at my saving effort but then my cousin pulled me close and whispered to my ear: "Why the hell do you have a GUN at my wedding?!!!"
Then I woke up in real life and felt pretty bad for pointing my gun at a child.

What the hell are those dreams man.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 14, 2023, 08:44:10 am »

I've had a nightmare where it felt I was being restrained, and I knew I was sleeping so I was trying really hard to wake myself up. I was trying to force myself to speak or scream so I could wake myself up. I could hear myself talking in my dream, but it was deep and garbled because my real body was still asleep and snoring, and the words were mixing with my snores and they sounded deep and demonic.

It was just really freaky and unsettling. I wonder if it's the melatonin I've been taking recently...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 14, 2023, 09:40:12 am »

I've had that sort of thing before. Think it's sleep paralysis, but not fully awake. It's certainly annoying and perturbing to decide to be awake now when your body isn't ready to move yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: January 14, 2023, 04:56:38 pm »

I've lost the details but Darth Vader was central and he had a strange vocal quirk where he would lapse into speaking quickly and high-pitched... Brooklyn?  I retained a specific phrase, I think he randomly offered someone tea while interrogating them.

It was a movie my brother and I were watching (he's big into Star Wars) and we rewound a couple times.  Quirky.  (My impression on waking up was that Vader/Anakin was a trans man).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: January 15, 2023, 05:19:27 am »

I dreamt I was a non-binary acrobat living with their abusive half-dad who trained them as an acrobat and used them for performances. The city I lived in was anachronistic, with medieval and modern elements, and there was a giant landfill just down the road from my half-dad's house which contained a massive angry robot and like a million other, smaller angry robots trapped under the waste. The police were useless, the ruler of the country threatened to wipe the city off the face of the earth if it was too rebellious, and peanut juice was some kind of replacement for beer that people would drink. I didn't succeed in proving my half-dad's abusiveness to the police, since they seemed to become more useless and nonexistent each time I went to them, until the police station seemed to just become an empty derelict with a wood fire stove and like two dudes working there, although the first time I went there it bad been so big it had canals running through the middle of the hallways and armies of police.

In all my time living with my half-dad, I never once looked him in the eye, or got a good look at his face.

I also dreamt that I started a forum game here set in Middle Earth where a random human was hired by a Dwarf living in Bree to come with him on missions to explore ancient Dwarven ruins all across the blue mountains and beyond, with pictures stolen from the One Ring RPG books. I dreamt of this before I dreamt of my life as an abused nonbinary acrobat, but I'm still not sure how the real irl me making a forum game turned into an anachronistic medieval ish world with giant evil robots and an abusive half dad.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 15, 2023, 02:43:11 pm »

Dreamt that I was pushing my dwarves into tantrum spirals by issuing some kind of WO to lie to them about the kind of food they were being served. They got pissed off rrrrllllll quick, and yet rescinding the WO quickly corrected the problem.

My brain is like that with games I'm fully engaged with. It'll fabricate new idea, mechanics or interactions that don't really exist. Damn near drove me insane when playing Cultist Simulator, because I'd dream that I thought I had found the "answer" by some convoluted method, only to wake up and realize it was all BS. It would always leave me disappointed, on the spectrum somewhere near dreaming about someone who is no longer with you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4900 on: January 18, 2023, 08:12:52 am »

Dreamed everyone was falling from the sky. But before they hit the ground, they would slow down and then start falling up. They would just keep yo-yoing around and around. Eventually everyone learned how to style on gravity and just slingshot themselves everywhere

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 27, 2023, 07:35:13 pm »

There was a lot of lead up to this one that I don't remember, but I definitely remember a good chunk of this.

I was at my gran's house for whatever reason (Except it wasn't *actually* her house, dream logic just said it was), along with my aunt and my brother who was actually Rick Sanchez. My brother burst into my room at one point while I was on the computer and pinned me down before stabbing me in the head with a small device, no anaesthetic or anything, I could feel it slice my head open then drill through my skull and go into my brain. It stopped and started a good bit, and eventually he left with a little blue microchip that contained a copy of my mind in it. Apparently he was planning on making clones of me.

Needless to say, I was upset with this. I'd been on loads of adventures with him (Apparently my mind decided I was Morty or something) and he was treating me like crap after all that effort. On top of that, he was deadnaming me. I'd had enough and decided I was leaving, but he caught me when I was packing (Which primarily consisted of packing up oranges. Apparently I really fucking like oranges) and threatened to do it again. I stopped packing and stayed for a bit, but lost my shit at him for deadnaming me later on, continued packing and left in a spaceship. He came after me with a much better ship, intending to use the device to completely remove my mind and put it into one of the chips so he could reprogram me not to run away. I managed to get away because some other ships came to reinforce me and I used that distraction to run. At some point I transitioned from being in a ship to walking around.

I knew he'd be after me, so I started to look for other people to help out. I accumulated a crew of random people and set off. Eventually my brother found me and there was a fight that he almost won, but I had enough people that we managed to restrain him and knock him unconscious. Once he'd gone lights out we set off again, although I was intending to find one of my brother's labs to do... something to him. I don't know what I'd intended, guess I'd have found out if I'd arrived there but I woke up before we did.

Along the way to the lab I got some more people in my little gang, including one guy who looked like a stereotypical ex-convict and was proud of it and a living statue. Eventually the road we were travelling on ended at a restaurant but I knew the lab was further ahead, so I thanked my companions and sent them off. I used the device my brother'd been trying to use on me on his unconscious body and left his body behind, snuck through the garden at the end of the restaurant, and set off into the muddy wilderness. Only thing I remember after that was getting a boat to get past a lake (Which smelled like diarrhoea, according to a person who was running away from it) and finding where the lab was located.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: January 30, 2023, 12:34:08 am »

My latest recurring non-lucid dream is in comic format. I ask my fiancee to scratch my back. She finds a weird hair on my back, and grabs some tweezers to pull it out. When she pulls, it winds up being super long. Super long. Like, she starts spooling it around her arm long. Through all of this, I'm just sitting, scrolling my phone. Eventually, she'll attach it to the bobbin feed of her sewing machine, and start winding it up on several spools until the sewing machine isn't strong enough to pull it. It starts to get thick, going from hair to thread to yarn to wire to steel cable. All of our friends and family members are enlisted to pull, and eventually hook it to a mechanical winch on the front of a truck. As they keep pulling, it starts to change into all sorts of weird things, like chains and electrical power lines and eventually roots and vines. As they continue to pull and pull, the vines sprout leaves and flowers, until, with one last heave, they pull out the end of what is essentially a thick beanstalk with a large, blinking eye on it. My fiancee drops it with a wet squelch, and I scratch another part of my back with a back scratcher.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: January 31, 2023, 12:29:15 am »

Man that sounds like an awesome plot for a trippy animated short.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: January 31, 2023, 01:35:02 am »

I agree with you, but I don't have the art skills to do it justice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 339