Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567258 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4485 on: June 13, 2020, 09:04:34 am »

In my dream there was a talking animal, can't remember what animal it was, and I took pills that made me lighter at the talking animal's request

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: June 13, 2020, 12:42:42 pm »

...was your name Alice by any chance?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: June 13, 2020, 01:12:35 pm »

Nope, I was myself, in my room
((I understand the reference))
I don't think I shrank, just got lighter, so thinking about it now, whatever was in the pill must have been lowering density, though my size didn't change. Now I'm wondering what the pill in the dream might have been doing, perhapsitwas replacing my insides with a less dense material? I remember the container was blue with large yellow font that said "light" on it, with other words that I now can't remember. Maybe if I think about that dream, my brain might continue it when I fall asleep?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: June 13, 2020, 02:40:12 pm »

Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit disappointed that nature's real name apparently isn't Alice.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: June 13, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »

It's probably not Eliza either :P

Becoming lighter feels like a precursor to a flying dream, or a similar idea.  I've had dreams where I was so light I could bound into the air and even drift upwards if I focused my mind just right.  It wasn't that I was strong or propelled, just nigh-weightless.  Heh, almost like a feather.

I don't remember managing to return to a dream on following nights (though some dreams have a strong deja-vu feeling so maybe).  But focusing on an idea like lightness can potentially affect a dream, yeah!  I usually find that dreams are randomly pulled from my thoughts throughout the day, rather than right before falling asleep, but it's worth a try.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: June 13, 2020, 03:06:18 pm »

My "flying" dreams don't involve any feeling of weightlessness, but then my version of flying is lame and almost useless as a mode of locomotion. I just jump, lift up my feet, and slide frictionless through the air like a foot above the ground.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: June 13, 2020, 04:06:09 pm »

My "flying" dreams don't involve any feeling of weightlessness, but then my version of flying is lame and almost useless as a mode of locomotion. I just jump, lift up my feet, and slide frictionless through the air like a foot above the ground.
frictionlessness can be useful in different situations, as then there’s no friction to limit speed, the problem will come when you need to slow down, you’ll need something to stop your momentum

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: June 13, 2020, 04:49:14 pm »

By frictionless I more mean travel at a fixed speed regardless of other factors. No speeding up or down, really. And also only at a fixed height above the floor.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: June 13, 2020, 05:16:12 pm »

In my dream there was a talking animal, can't remember what animal it was, and I took pills that made me lighter at the talking animal's request

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: June 13, 2020, 06:26:25 pm »

By frictionless I more mean travel at a fixed speed regardless of other factors. No speeding up or down, really. And also only at a fixed height above the floor.

I recall a similar dream once. It was largely about trying to actually fly with a glider. My dreams have been weird lately, I think it's mostly my meds
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: June 14, 2020, 07:42:38 am »

Had a dream about a multistory mall where everything was normal going up to the top floor, but when I went to go back down stairs I found that I had to do down some narrow stairs and crawl through toilets to get to the next lower floor, and to make it even weirder the toilets were all in bathrooms that were being used.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4496 on: June 14, 2020, 08:58:45 am »

I dreamed I was fishing. I was sitting in a small rowboat in the middle of an ocean, one with very small and gentle waves. The sun was not too harsh, and reminded me of my native home. For hours I sat waiting, when a tug on the line gave me cause to gaze overboard. Just then, a jolt to my boat knocked me into the water, where I saw a vast and incredibly long eel-like thing with rows of serrated teeth and bright coloured stinging pseudopods adorning its face. Seeing this thing clearly coming for me, I felt time slow down as my fight or flight response looked for any way to survive. My boat was too far away and in any case would provide very little protection against a creature whose mouth had a diameter a dozen times larger. All I could see was what appeared to be a handlebar or hook on a chain, which I eagerly climbed.

Upon stepping on the hook, I was flung into the air with great speed, holding on for dear life. Behind me the eel thing grabbed onto my leg, stinging it with great lingering pain, but also trapping itself on the hook. I was being used as bait to someone else's great fishing line. In my pocket was a very small knife; I jammed my rod into the chain to help me hold on, whilst I used my teeth to very painfully pull out the pocket knife from its handle. With the small 6cm blade, I stabbed the thing's pseudopods until it let go of my leg.

Eventually the eel and I were dropped on a slate-coloured rocky plateau, caked with brown dust, sand and mud. I made a fairly soft landing, the eel was greatly weakened on dry land, struggling to support its own movements. It flopped about menacingly but was easy to avoid. Eventually the eel was grabbed by a large hand, and placed in a cooler that was larger than most human houses.

The hand itself had thick, muted green skin, six fingers in a concentric arrangement. Its skin was textured with lines, much defined by the huge scale, as if I were looking at the rocky plateau.
The creature looked much like a human, only it had two huge bulbous eyes on either side of its face. Each eye contained multiple layers of eyes, which all darted about the place with different coloured irises. When they all focused on me, all of them formed up creating a kind of rainbow effect out of two super eyes. The thing also wore a really stylish purple robe with popped red collars. Really complemented its skin tones, brought out the colour in its eye-rings.

The creature apologised and gave me its name; every time I called it by its name the name changed. So I'll just call him squidgardo here. Squidgardo offered to kill me as I was in great pain, I declined this generous offer and called him a massive cunt for using me as fishing bait. Squidgardo said it was ok because the eel he (maybe she?) caught was more intelligent than me, but I disagreed, as it clearly fell for a baited hook. Squidgardo said lots of intelligent things fall for stupid tricks, which I didn't disagree with.

Eventually I convinced squidgardo to help me, but they did it their own way. Using their magnified rainbow eyes, they used these sharp rods to pin my right upper leg to the plateau. I protested, but couldn't stop my leg from spasmming even without the rods in place, so I just waited. Using a huge pair of oversized tweezers, they clamped around my right lower leg and manipulated it with the force and restraint a human might express when manipulating the lower leg of a bumble bee. Then, using a huge pipe, they applied a great deal of ointment on the stinging-blister marks where the eel had grabbed me.

Whilst this did soil my trainer and trouser leg, the pain stopped and I regained use of my leg. I freed myself from the rod-pin, and asked squidgardo where were we. Squidgardo said when we were, where we were, didn't really matter. I asked squidgardo what they meant by that, and they said we have met before, will meet before, and in future we have already met. They explained using a cube that looking at each layer of the cube does not refute the existence of all other layers; the cube exists always, no matter what layer you are on. They then split the cube into a hypercube which flashed a ridiculous sum of seizure inducing colours at me, stating this was the same with time. Eventually I managed to argue with squidgardo until they finally started investigating where we were.

They soon concluded that we were standing in the palm of their hand. I was incredulous and asked how we could be standing in the palm of their hand; the plateau soon skyrocketed up revealing that we were indeed standing on the palm of squidgardo. Trying and failing to understand how squidgardo was carrying me and squidgardo, squidgardo tried to stop me from screaming in fear by appearing in smaller and smaller scales. By the time whole swarms of tiny squidgardos were asking me "is this better?" I told squidgardo to please just go back to a similar scale as me. They retorted that I found that more intimidating than larger or smaller forms, I agreed but said at least I don't have to strain my neck and eyes as much looking up/down.

At that point squidgardo deposited squidgardo and I back on the boat, with a normal-sized cooler box which contained the eel. The eel was now much smaller than me, but squidgardo told me not to touch it without gloves as it was still very venomous. Squidgardo started rowing with two paddles, I started rowing with a kayak paddle, and the ocean started to go completely still, with fog over the ocean. Squidgardo commented on how beautiful the ocean was like this, I commented that I've only ever seen the ocean this still before and it always means there's a massive storm coming.

At this point in my dream it cut away, almost as if to another dream entirely. I was wandering through a desert library, completely exposed to the elements. Most of the books had been tremendously damaged by exposure to sand, wind and sun, but I found that by digging deep you could still find perfectly preserved books. The more I dug deep the older the books got.

At this point in my dream it cut away, and I was looking for some tea or water in a city where the people had no faces. This didn't bother me though, as I felt comfortable there. The city was built on the slope of a mountain or hill, as it kept going downwards.

Then I woke up very thirsty

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: June 14, 2020, 10:57:05 am »

I wish my dreams could be recalled so vividly as yours, Loud Whispers, but they usually fade from my consciousness quickly upon waking. Only a very few remain in my memories for long.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4498 on: June 14, 2020, 11:07:17 am »

I wish my dreams could be recalled so vividly as yours, Loud Whispers, but they usually fade from my consciousness quickly upon waking. Only a very few remain in my memories for long.
Remembering dreams is something you can practice. I used to be terrible at remembering them, but I would get into the habit of writing down my dreams after I woke up and then reading what I wrote at the end of the day. Keep doing it and you don't even need to write them down to remember

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: June 14, 2020, 12:03:21 pm »

Had a dream that I was cooking something in a skillet, and my wallet was in with everything else.  I kept thinking to myself, "I'd probably better take that out.  It's going to overcook."

This is probably a metaphor for something.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 339