Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568959 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3645 on: September 04, 2017, 01:14:13 pm »

I just woke up from what some people would call a nightmare the dream is fairly current agent even if I wasn't scared of the time, i was supposed to plot points on a map to where the sun might be over the earth certain day in the future… So that people could know when the world would end.

Everyone was tell me how lucky I should feel to be able to do this work but in my dream the sun was somehow trailing tiny black hole behind it that would somehow drop onto the surface of the earth.
The site was supposedly one where all of humanity has been gathered before with the artifacts from cultures all across the world, somehow.

What really disturbed though was that the sun was actually orbiting the earth in the strange dream universe that I found myself in.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:59:40 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 04, 2017, 01:45:48 pm »

I love dreams where the sky is wrong, somehow.  Even if it's something dreadful, like a moon filling the sky and glowing from reentry.  Or just wandering stars (heh).

Last night's dream wasn't a nightmare exactly, more like unwelcome nostalgia.  The odd part was how real everything was.  I moved naturally, and felt air on my skin as I hopped out off the top bunk.  There was no molasses around my legs.  I wasn't a kid, but I'd woken up in my childhood home...  Clearly a dream.  I said so, annoyed.  These dreams can be nice, but not when I'm aware of reality and the present.

She was so earnestly worried, telling me that I was already awake.  That this *was* 2017 still, but the place had been expensively restored to how it had been.  Didn't I remember?  The idea terrified me.  I tried to wake up, but nothing.  I felt objects around me, they felt real.  I was worrying her.  She felt so real as I shoved her away.  I dug my nails deep into my forearm, feeling actual pain.  I was shouting.

Finally I noticed the computer screen, full of words.  I tried to read them, since you can't do that in dreams.  For a few seconds they made sense, and I grew more desperate.  But as I focused on the individual characters, they finally turned out to be meaningless squiggles.  I woke up with relief.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: September 04, 2017, 01:57:34 pm »

Toady One added new rules to the forum guidelines. It is now against the rules to argue with me, but I'm only allowed to be creative in the Forum Games and Roleplaying section.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 04, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »

Toady One added new rules to the forum guidelines. It is now against the rules to argue with me, but I'm only allowed to be creative in the Forum Games and Roleplaying section.

I just looked at the forum guidelines again, he hasn't edited it for years.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 04, 2017, 02:11:38 pm »

Right, but it was a dream. Those would be strange rules to add in real life.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 04, 2017, 02:12:53 pm »

That's because Enemy Post is awake now :P  Ninja'd.

Also, I just remembered reading briefly about alzheimers yesterday (3panelsoul).  It's so weird how a tiny trigger like that becomes a dream.  The subconscious notices things we consciously avoid thinking about.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: September 04, 2017, 06:54:27 pm »

Only remember the end of my most recent dream, and it was mostly inter-personal drama that I have no context for and thus is mostly meaningless. Bah. I'd been reading old dreams of mine last night before bed, I was hoping for something at least a bit more interesting than that!

I think I should get a separate book for my dream journal, so that I can write down any scraps of dream no matter how fragmented or meaningless. That way I can train myself to remember more of my dreams without filling up my journal with pages of messy, half-asleep, uninteresting scrawl.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 04, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »

About half of this counts, I think.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rolan7?fromEchoId=12431857
The dream entries tend to make me pause, and want to remember.  Honestly, that half is half the reason I'm still playing.
She/they

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: September 04, 2017, 07:58:20 pm »

Almost makes me want to play fallen London.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: September 04, 2017, 09:39:32 pm »

I once had a dream, where I was a penguin.
No additional information needed. I simply was a penguin.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: September 05, 2017, 07:55:20 am »

Something about selling spider silk and Worm? Maybe possibly maybe?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: September 05, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »

Had at least a couple of dreams last night, but the one I remember most of was earlier on.
Not that I remember most of it - just that a guy I knew from school years ago somehow became a part of my current circle of friends, some of whom I've known since my school days also. We were all at (or possibly hosting) a party in some weird, multi-storey building and the main thing I remember is the "new guy" (let's call him T) being incredibly drunk or otherwise intoxicated and sprawling headfirst out of a doorway.

I'm unsure if I managed to catch him before he faceplanted on either the walkway or a garden bed, but shortly I was half-dragging him along in the hopes of getting him home safely. It wasn't until I was at some sort of train station that I realised I had no idea where he lived (he was quite a new addition to the group after all), and so dream-me decided that the best course of action was just to wildly guess which train he might need to catch, then head back to the party and ask my friend if it was correct. ???

Nice quick thinking, dream-me. Yeah that's just a great idea.
Fortunately, though, when I returned to the party and managed to get my friend's attention - he was upstairs in the building playing some game which seemed to vaguely resemble Saints Row or something along those lines, a criminalistic open-world third person thingy with detailed character customization) with an audience of at least two possibly drunk girls who appeared to be offering input on the design of the character in-game - it turned out that T did, in fact, live on the train line I'd left him on. Phew.

Or maybe my friend just said that to shut me up, having little concern for the fate of T. We never did like him much in high school. :P
Who knows whether he would have woken up from his stupor in time to disembark at the correct stop, anyway.

Only other dream I remember is almost too fragmented to be bothered describing... a scene in some sort of foreign bar/hotel/boarding house with a bunch of (drunk?) Australian adventurers, possibly off-duty soldiers from what I remember of their outfits, who were up to various shenanigans frowned upon by the local law and that were likely to land them in jail if they weren't careful.
And they weren't careful - I think there was one guy (the "straight man" to use a tragically archaic terminology) who was horrified by the blasé attitude with which his companions were behaving - drunk off their arses, gleefully scooping drugs up their noses in the place's tiny bathroom and goodness knows what else (I don't remember, sadly), generally breaking a tonne of laws in what I believe was quite a strict little country.

Yeah, I don't really remember much of either of those dreams, but I am trying to get into the habit of recording them no matter how trivial... and I was sitting before my computer and too cold to remove my blanket and go over to get my book+pen. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:00 am »

I remember a part of a dream, or maybe it was many dreams. There was this bathroom. But all the toilet stalls were wrong. The walls were not only too short, like barely as high as the toilet seats, but one stall would lead into another and another further back, sometimes branching. But they never formed a loop so you couldnt go in via one and leave through another. This all seemed vaguely odd in the dream but more frustrating than anything. I cant remember the rest of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: September 08, 2017, 01:00:15 am »

Dreamt I was playing Counter Strike.
I've never played Counter Strike.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 08, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

Dreamt I was playing Counter Strike.
I've never played Counter Strike.

How do you know you were playing Counter Strike? Maybe what you think Counter Strike is like is really like Call of Duty, or Tastee Wheat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 339