Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567196 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1890 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »

I had a friggin' awesome dream last night.

I was in the middle of two mansions, ran by families by none other than vampires on one side, and werewolves in the other.
It gets better.
So after a while of talking to both parties, I figure out that they are fighting over a child. A baby, currenly in the wolves' hands. Paws, whatever.
Anyway, I decide after a while that I'm going to end it, and I open up a skills page like some kind of video game, and look at powers I've unlocked through making relations with each side.
I take a power from the vampire side that let's me disintegrate low level werewolves at a glance, and then I looked at my powers in the human page, and bought some technology powers.
So then I close out of it, and pull a bomb out of my pocket.
I set it down and arm it, it's one of those sunlight bombs from the Blade movies, and I'm placing it in the middle of the vampire house.
It goes off, incinerating every vampire in the place, and I pull out a pair of uzi's loaded with silver bullets.
I then mow down every werewolf, including two guys that I vaporized with my vampire skill, and found the baby.
It then grew horns and fangs, and hissed at me.
I glared at the baby, aimed both machine pistols at it and didn't release the triggers until I woke up.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:59 pm »

I had a friggin' awesome dream last night.

I was in the middle of two mansions, ran by families by none other than vampires on one side, and werewolves in the other.
It gets better.
So after a while of talking to both parties, I figure out that they are fighting over a child. A baby, currenly in the wolves' hands. Paws, whatever.
Anyway, I decide after a while that I'm going to end it, and I open up a skills page like some kind of video game, and look at powers I've unlocked through making relations with each side.
I take a power from the vampire side that let's me disintegrate low level werewolves at a glance, and then I looked at my powers in the human page, and bought some technology powers.
So then I close out of it, and pull a bomb out of my pocket.
I set it down and arm it, it's one of those sunlight bombs from the Blade movies, and I'm placing it in the middle of the vampire house.
It goes off, incinerating every vampire in the place, and I pull out a pair of uzi's loaded with silver bullets.
I then mow down every werewolf, including two guys that I vaporized with my vampire skill, and found the baby.
It then grew horns and fangs, and hissed at me.
I glared at the baby, aimed both machine pistols at it and didn't release the triggers until I woke up.
So... dream vidja?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:39 pm »

In the first part of my dream, I was apparently in some sort of continuation of a Kill la Kill dream I had before, which ended with me getting my shit kicked by Ryuko. This time I was watching Ryuko fight while being very bitter about being beaten into a pulp before. Eventually she finished her fight and I moved on whilst muttering angrily to myself.

For the second part of my dream I was with one of my friends and we were bringing food to a blind dog on the outside of town when we realized that it was HIS dog. There was much rejoicing about finding his dog, even if it had apparently lost it's sight.

Then in the third part, we joined the Wehrmacht and were sent to the Eastern front, our two squads were surrounded, but we scavenged MG-42s and sniper rifles and I found a Panzer IV. I woke up as we were trying to break out.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:41 pm »

My sister and I were travelling through this incredibly beautiful valley, full of lush flowers and palm trees, heading god-knows-where.
We were following this very old, seemingly deserted path, and then we reached this strange, equally old wooden structure built up one side of the valley wall, at one of the high points. I think my sister had already been up there to check it out, and wanted me to go up the top too, since it offered an awesome view- and apparently we could see something mind-blowing from up there. Maybe another angle of somewhere we'd been before? Not sure.

Anyway, the way of getting up the top was to climb up this rickety old enclosed stairway of dark wood, very creepy, not much light could make it in from outside and there were cobwebs and what-not. It headed up from a larger room, making its way up towards the summit.
So I'm heading up through this creepy place, when the corridor narrows too much for me to get any further.
I call back to my sister telling her about this, and then I see something coming towards me, down from a flatter stretch of walkway above- a possum, sniffing curiously in my direction with wide eyes.

Now, this is sort of an "oh shit" moment, since I couldn't get back down the stairs very quickly. Instead, when it got close enough to me (it was one weird possum, not sure why it decided to approach and sniff me; in the dream I kept thinking of it as a baby although it seemed almost adult-sized for IRL) I grabbed it, by the neck so it couldn't bite me, and gave it a pat.
Naturally it freaked out, and I could see vague movement up ahead as its parents and family no doubt mobilized to run down and defend it. So I threw the thing forwards away from me and sprinted recklessly back down the stairs, pursued by a horde of angry possums.

I got back down to the weird (entrance?) room of the building where the stairs had started from, where my sister was waiting, and we had to try and fend them off. Can't really remember much of the scene; we did our best to batter them away from us, they scampered out the door to outside, and for some reason my cat was there, running frantically around to avoid them.
Once they were all gone, I complained a bit at my sister for not mentioning the brood of possums living up there, she replied that she hadn't seen any of them, since it had been a bit earlier and lighter when she'd gone up before me.
Then I woke up.

Oddly enough, we had actually been two different characters shortly before reaching the building- the dream had been following some man following another man in cars through the valley, somewhere in America. I still don't remember where they were going or anything, but I know the main character was cheered when he saw the "palm" trees (the dream-voice called them palm trees even though they were actually banana trees, fruit and all) which differentiated the terrain from the way he'd come; apparently they meant he was on the right track to get wherever he was going.

Then, as he/we walked along through a thick patch of stunted banana plants, suddenly the person up ahead was my sister, telling me how all these plants had stopped bearing fruit long ago, and would have to be ripped up if new ones were ever to grow. My dreams do that sometimes: the sudden character-swap, although usually not that suddenly.
Maybe it's because I was tired. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

Last night's dream was really trippy and I think it involved brainwashing somewhere, but I hardly remember it anymore.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 07, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »

Last night's dream was really trippy and I think it involved brainwashing somewhere, but I hardly remember it anymore.
Drugs are bad for you, Tawar.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1896 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:21 pm »

Drugs are bad for you, Tawar.
How much brain-bleach did you use? What setting were you on? Did you separate colors from the whites first?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 08, 2014, 07:54:55 am »

Can't remember the earlier parts of the dream I just had, but for some reason I got a craving to play Baldur's Gate.
I saw a video somewhere for a new Baldur's Gate game and thought it looked pretty lame with its flashy graphics, and decided to track down one of the older ones. Can't remember which, and I think my subconscious had a pretty hazy memory of Baldur's Gate, too.

Eventually I ended up in the game- I'm guessing I loaded a save or something, because I started as a small group of humans at the entrance to this huge, cavernous stone room with pillars and all sorts of intricate architecture along the walls, filled with these strange-looking giants. I can't remember if they were made from stone or what, but they did have minds of their own and personalities, even if they were really dopey. They were all sort of wandering around the cavern with various weapons (I think they changed appearance once or twice in the dream) and I decided that this wasn't the game I was after, I'd wanted the next one in the series.

The giants decided not to attack me or my party, whether because we were leaving or because they were just chill dude/ttes I'm not sure. Anyway, I left, presumably to find the game I'd actually been meaning to play, and the dream dropped my perspective like it was hot and started following the denizens of the chamber, which was part of some crazy underground structure of some kind.

Apparently the giants, as well as the other dwellers elsewhere in the structure, were ruled over by a woman, possibly some sort of divine being. And they were apparently under attack, from whom I have no idea. There was another there, a man, who looked kinda like Conan apart from his lack of sword, and that's who the dream decided to follow.
I'm not sure quite why he was there or why he was helping them, but he was.
An adjoining chamber had been breached by the enemy, and a flood of people came fleeing into the cavern- mostly human, I believe. At this point it occurred to someone, either Conan or the deity, that the room they were taking shelter in was/had once been designed to launch out of the place like from some sort of slingshot, presumably to attack some distant enemy with soldiers inside, sort of 'strapped' into purpose-built restraining chambers along the walls so that they wouldn't go flying.

But the mechanisms or whatever that allowed it to be launched had been built-over long ago as the temple (I guess I'll call it that) had expanded all around the room and any such attack hadn't been necessary. The leader of the place explained that she was far too busy seeing to the wounds and illnesses of her people (apparently the enemy force had tried to infect the refugees with ebola?), but if the Conan-guy could uncover the launcher it might just save all their lives.
So he went to work, apparently having some sort of super strength as he smashed his way into a wall and began digging through the old, crumbling bricks with his bare hands. He was following some sort of chain that he quickly found, digging further into the wall until finally finding whatever important mechanisms were supposedly going to launch the whole room out of the ground and to safety.

And then I woke up. Damnit.
It's as though I'd called my subconscious's bluff by continuing to dream so long, that I was about to actually see that happen. >:(
Overall though, that was one weird dream.
Booze is Life for Yoink

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 08, 2014, 09:13:51 am »

My dream from two days ago wasn't particularly interesting for the most part, but near the end I was at a court. Apparently, Masaryk's university in Czech Republic sued a company that stole documents about a developement of new super-concrete. The company used this logo:

Yesterday I had a dream that I woke up in the morning and had two slices of bread with butter and homemade apricot jam for breakfast.

In my today's dream I was back at high school. First there was a lecture about different versions of British Comet tank. They differed almost exclusively in what radios they used. I remember version Princess III that was used as a command tank. Then we went into a huge room with tank simulators. Each was to be crewed with two people. They were all open and not separated so instructors could watch us all at the same time. I took a commander/gunner position in a simulator. My driver was a girl I used to have a crush on. We wore headsets that made it impossible to hear other crews. We performed a few basic tasks as we were told to by the instructors.
Suddenly, I was in an actual tank together with the girl. I think the tank was a German Panzer I armed with a 20mm cannon. We were somewhere in North Africa driving towards the shore. I have no idea why we were there. I spotted Hitler standing on a cliff. I told the girl to stop and took aim. I fired a short burst but I missed. Hitler took cover behind wooden crates and German soldiers started to appear out of thin air. I yelled at my driver to get out of there. I fired a few more bursts in Hitler's direction and then tried to fend the soldiers off while they pursued us in trucks.
We got to the shore. It turned out the tank was amphibious. We swam to a German oil rig near the shore. I'm not sure how but we got the tank to the top of the oil rig. I think we had to get out of the tank a few times and use handheld weapons. Our tank received a few penetrating hits from rifles and my driver suffered a few scratches on her arms. When we reached the top in our tank, a Bf 109 arrived and attacked us. I tried to shoot it down but I couldn't rotate the turret quickly enough. The Bf 109 performed a few attack runs. After one of them, my driver reported that her legs were hurt by metal fragments after the 109 penetrated our frontal armour. I got pissed off. My tank turned into an aircraft with at least 30 m wingspan. I made it balance on a tip of its left wing, climbed to the tip of the right wing, grabbed the 109's left wing with my hand and threw it to the ground. It hit an edge of the oil rig, broke into a a few large pieces and fell into the water. I could no longer keep the balance. The aircraft hit the rig with its landing gear that got seriously damaged.
We decided to go back and try to kill Hitler again. The aircraft turned back into a tank. Unfortunately, the tank was no longer amphibious due to numerous holes in the armour. It sank halfway to the shore but the girl managed to dismount the cannon. We swam to the shore where German soldiers awaited us. Only now I realised there was no beach. There was only ten meters tall cliff rising abruptly from the water. We got up somehow. I picked up a bolt action rifle from a dead soldier. We tried to fight the soldiers but there were too many. The girl kept firing the cannon from her hip and screaming in anger even when I yelled at her to retreat. Eventually, she got surrounded and I lost sight of her. I think she was disarmed and captured. I hesitantly jumped off the cliff. I started to swim back to the oil rig hoping I could find a sniper rifle and pick the soldiers off one by one even though the rig was at least a kilometer from the shore. Halfway there I got attacked by two Bf 110s. I tried to make myself a more difficult target by swimming underwater but it didn't help much. Then I woke up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:23:31 am by SnugglePie »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 08, 2014, 12:12:52 pm »

I had a weird dream recently:

I left my college dorm room and there was a person with a table in the hall taking people's ID numbers, so I gave them mine and then time backed up, and something told me the person was a scam artist and that I shouldn't do that, then the person with the table disappeared. Then I walked outside and a clown with no eyes was throwing people around with telekinesis, so I hid in a nearby cafe until I woke up

Moral of the story: don't read too much creepypasta before bed

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 10, 2014, 09:28:16 am »

I dreamt that I was Jaal from The Algebraist somehow, and we were going to a SUPER IMPORTANT family diner and we all ate weird soup. There was a dude floating over on a sort of weird flying bike that was doing surveillance and we were connected with headsets or something. he told me how to get the info which I did for some reason. Then we went to swim, and suddenly a huge tsunami appeared, I went under but came back up. At this point the dream goes into a cutscene where two F-14s are chasing the tsunami, and one goes under it and almost gets destroyed, but the other one saves it. I spend some time worrying about my parents land-inwards, but nothing happened. After this I was with my parents at the coast, in some sort of appartment block. Google was setting up it's first geo-something or the other there, which involved placing a RED sentry turret in the doorway. It didnt shoot anyone, though. Then some people from some sort of organisation came to watch since they were interested. That was the end, I think. My dreams always end in vagueness and me not knowing the exact chronological order of things.

E:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:46:04 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 12, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »

I can remember two separate dreams. I'll describe the later one first, since I remember more details of it.
Can't remember the earlier parts of it.

The family of medieval nobles/royalty who the dream was based around travelled to this mountainous area filled with canyons and took over a small abandoned castle there along with their retainers and perhaps a small army. I'm not sure what circumstances inspired them to leave their home, but it was apparently a pretty good deal. Maybe they didn't have an actual castle where they were from?

The father figure/leader of this family was most definitely based off of Blackadder.
He and his eldest daughter are the only ones I can remember clearly, and she didn't seem to be based off anything in particular, just some young woman with long brown hair. The only other member of the family I remember was (non-crippled, I think) Bran of all people, and he didn't appear in the main part of the dream, just came up in conversation and a brief flashback. Apparently he was the one who discovered the castle whilst travelling somewhere previously.
So: a mix of the Blackadder clan and the Starks. Good grief. :P

Anyway, Lord/Whatever Blackadder was, unsurprisingly, a bit of a heartless bastard. Can't remember too many specifics but he was unpleasant a lot of the time, both to his family and their servants/soldiers. One unexpected moment of kindness came, though, when they were first poking around in the castle, seeing what repair it was in after its time uninhabited.
His daughter was sitting at a big wooden table in the place's kitchen, and then the camera shifted (the dream kind of went from movie-style to comicbook-style at different points) up to a hole in a wooden floor above, through which a small, animal face peeked down. It was a baby bear. And then, clumsy as it was, it fell through.

Somehow, the girl caught it safely before it could splatter over the table. It was an adorable little brown baby bear, made even cuter due to being some sort of cartoon version. She immediately began tickling it, and, surprisingly enough, Blackadder allowed her to keep it, saying that it would make a good companion for her other pet, whatever that was. Naturally she was overjoyed.
I don't remember anyone finding the mother bear, though. Maybe the baby was an orphan? Or maybe it was murdered off-screen.

Anyway, they fortified the castle and got settled in, various stuff went on which I sadly don't remember.
And then, I think there was a bit of a timeskip- it was in comic format now, there was a commotion outside, and the leader of the family's guard/army or whatever called them out to see something. There was a panel of eldest-daughter taking her sword and buckling it on over her armour, and then another of her standing beside her horse, sliding a long dagger into a sheath on its saddle.

And then we saw the problem: and army winding its way up the canyon towards the castle.
Blackadder, or the general, said something along the lines of, "The people of this place have risen up against us," and people began to prepare to defend. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the attacking army was far larger than theirs, and things looked pretty grim- even if the attackers were probably a bunch of peasants.

Dream-me was considering whether some rocky outcroppings could be collapsed onto the enemy, but there didn't seem to be enough time. And then, just as things were getting seriously dramatic, my FUCKING ALARM CLOCK GOT AROUND TO WAKING ME UP ARGH.
That was seriously disappointing. :( It was a great dream. I wish I remembered more of it, but alas.

I don't really have time to type up my other dream in detail right now.
Basically the gist was: I was in Melbourne (the city I'm moving to next month) and seeing all sorts of interesting stuff, but dream-me knew it was a dream and was incredibly frustrated, since I couldn't buy/do anything for real, so it was basically just a big tease. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: August 13, 2014, 02:15:51 pm »

I had a dream that I was at my grandmas house and some crazy queen was doing something, after she left I turned into a big strong man and 2 guys wielding clubs opened the door and told me that I had to pay them, I became angry and grew into a big pale ogre and hit them in the head with my duel wielded clubs, they ran off in terror after this.

Later it was night out and there were zombies everywhere, so I grabbed an adamantine sword encouraged the people with me and charged out! We were quickly surrounded so I used telekinesis and lifted everyone including myself into a tree, I put too many people on one branch and it was about to break but I moved to reduce the weight on it.

then I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 13, 2014, 02:48:39 pm »

I had a sniper duel with someone and the dream would have been a lot more awesome if not for the fact that I keep arbitrarily missing him. Then again he also missed me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: August 14, 2014, 03:22:22 pm »

I dreamed that my friend freaked out what I asked him IRL earlier whether or not he's bi and he called me a creep and freak and lost his cool with me.

Well, gee thanks, subconscious. I totally needed that to start the day.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 339