Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567344 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1695 on: June 23, 2014, 02:08:43 am »

Had a dream about conducting trains and also being threatened to be stabbed. Was pretty fun overall.

On that note I seem to notice that in my sleep-hallucinations I don't tend to have much physical strength. I mean obviously there isn't any real feedback from the things that happen, but even the imaginary feedback and the consequences of it feel very... limp almost? Like I'm barely trying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: June 23, 2014, 02:56:09 am »

I dreamt that I talked to my crush. When the dream started there were still some weird things like prison architect pipes on the floor ,but I've got my dream-priorities straight. We were at the top of a very tall spindly tower, and we just talked. Then she said she was going to get a drink and asked me if I wanted any, and then I woke up.

That was probably one of the most pleasant dreams I've had in a while, but it also reminds me of how fucking lonely I am.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: June 23, 2014, 04:06:36 am »

I had a dream where I was an outlaw, in the Wild West times. I had a Fedora (the one I own IRL) and a badass bandana, and robbed a train. On the train I had a gunfight, and at one point said "Fuck it" and ran at them (Their bullets were suddenly worthless) and snapped their necks.

I then jumped off the train, where I found a talking cactus who wanted to take the stolen money. I then punched the cactus.

Why oh why did I punch the cactus.
Suddenly, the world melted, and I was in a weird, fucked up sort of labyrinth, and began exploring. I opened a door, saw something that was basically...I don't remember it's exact form, only that it filled me with such terror and dread that I shot roughly three thousand bullets into the room, before lobbing in dynamite, and then slamming the door. I looked at the door.

It read, "Koss's worst nightmares"

Jesus Christ, mind! The fuck is WRONG with you?
Also, I awoke to the song Labyrinth, by the German band Oomph.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1698 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:09 am »

So what you're saying is, you dreamed you were your avatar?  :P

I managed to actually remember my dreams again last night. Unfortunately, I've since forgotten much of it, but I was doing something, and then someone famous hit me (as in, projectile hit me, not punched me), causing my FPS to drop by 7715 (???). Fortunately, it was 10000 before, so I hardly noticed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 23, 2014, 06:01:21 am »

Well, yes. I was my avatar, but instead of being an alien from a video game, I was human.

and apparently immortal.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42:22 am »

And apparently stupid...

Who hits a cactus?  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 23, 2014, 10:25:51 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1702 on: June 23, 2014, 11:11:06 am »

I had a dream a long, long time ago in which I and my classmates were going on a "field trip," in which we dressed up in 18th century military garb with muskets... and went down the road to fight the British. All my friends died, and the girl I had a crush on. ;-;
The hearts and minds of the American people shall return to the British fold via dream-invading redcoats. This is only the beginning.

Why oh why did I punch the cactus.
Suddenly, the world melted, and I was in a weird, fucked up sort of labyrinth, and began exploring. I opened a door, saw something that was basically...I don't remember it's exact form, only that it filled me with such terror and dread that I shot roughly three thousand bullets into the room, before lobbing in dynamite, and then slamming the door. I looked at the door.
It read, "Koss's worst nightmares"
YOU UNLEASHED DAVID BOWIE?!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1703 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:20 pm »

Another wacky dream for me. I was getting out of bed in a fairly normal fashion, before I noticed the kitchen was on fire.
When I got down there, one of my cats was lying upside-down on the stove, on fire. The other was rubbing around my legs, miaowing for food. I grabbed the fire extinguisher, which we apparently keep in the pantry now, and started bashing the flaming cat with it. The extinguisher exploded in a cloud of that weird soggy foam stuff, soaking everything in the room, and the house started to crumple like wet cardboard. I frantically tried to retrieve the not-on-fire cat, but she had been eaten by the on-fire cat. It was only when on-fire cat's eyes glowed red and she miaowed at me (sounding a lot like a bunch of screaming children) that I started WTFing, and woke up.
Long story short, there is no way I'm ever letting my cats near the kitchen again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 23, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »

I wouldn't like that cat either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 23, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

And apparently stupid...

IT WAS TALKING AND WANTED MY MONEY GODDAMMIT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1706 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

And apparently stupid...

IT WAS TALKING AND WANTED MY MONEY GODDAMMIT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:34:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:00 pm »

Another wacky dream for me. I was getting out of bed in a fairly normal fashion, before I noticed the kitchen was on fire.
When I got down there, one of my cats was lying upside-down on the stove, on fire. The other was rubbing around my legs, miaowing for food. I grabbed the fire extinguisher, which we apparently keep in the pantry now, and started bashing the flaming cat with it. The extinguisher exploded in a cloud of that weird soggy foam stuff, soaking everything in the room, and the house started to crumple like wet cardboard. I frantically tried to retrieve the not-on-fire cat, but she had been eaten by the on-fire cat. It was only when on-fire cat's eyes glowed red and she miaowed at me (sounding a lot like a bunch of screaming children) that I started WTFing, and woke up.
Long story short, there is no way I'm ever letting my cats near the kitchen again.

...Wow. That's intense.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 24, 2014, 01:08:40 am »

That escalated rather quickly.

RIP, not-on-fire dream cat :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: June 24, 2014, 02:03:02 am »

Is your mind possessed by evil?

DID YOU COMMIT HERESY AND USE MAGIC

AM I GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A BITCH!?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 339