Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567372 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1455 on: April 21, 2014, 06:14:13 am »

In the first part of my dream I was just in my house, working on my online latin class.  Then I apparently heard some prophecy about a group of people who would rob be in a few minutes, and I quickly started preparing.  The only thing I can remember from that part was jumping into some sports car they had, and switching to a first person view of one of the robbers.  He had some inner monologue about things going to plan, and how he cold easily hold a car at bay.  I stepped on the gas, and rammed the car into the robber.  He simply held out his hand and stopped the car, and eventually started pushing it back.  Then there was some scene about them killing my grandparents or something.
Next I realized that it was 11 p.m, and my parents were making me go to bed.  I realized I didn't have my Latin done still, but I had apparently told them that I had finished it already, so I had to sneak onto my laptop to do it.  But I kept getting interrupted by needing to do task that would conceal me from my parents while doing my work, which eventually escalated into driving on the road at the middle of night, turning on cruise control and just doing my work while in the passenger seat.  The dream then morphed into me practicing for the drivers license exam/test.  I apparently had no concept of safety, and I was driving around town at the maximum speed of the car, completely ignoring the complaints of my parents.  While in town I witnessed a battle between a group of Sarranid Marmlukes and Swadian knights, and after the battle was over hired them to hunt down the robbers who attacked my house.   Then somehow I switched to a Just Cause 2 style attack on an airport, where planes were kept on their side during takeoff. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 21, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »

...I had been kidnapped by North Korean infiltrators, and taken...somewhere. ... I heard the words 32 and 0...
Yes, I'm aware that I'm quoting a year old post. The reason is that I had a dream some time ago. I was tied to a chair in the middle of a dark room with no windows. The room was very small, roughly 1.5x1.5 meters with a ceiling 2 meters high. There was a lightbulb above my head. It emitted faint yellow light that was barely enough to allow me to see where the room's walls were. There was a door in front of me and a man standing between me and the door. I couldn't see him clearly because of how dark it was. Somehow I knew he was a Russian or North Korean military officer. There was an armed soldier to my left and another one to my right. The officer was asking me some questions that I don't remember. I didn't know the answers so the officer wasn't very pleased.
In the next part of the dream, I was tied to the same chair in the same room. The soldiers and the officer were there as well. The lightbulb was shining more brightly than before so I was able to see their faces. I knew several days had passed. I was sure my captors were North Korean at that point. There was another man in front and to the right of me. He was a young man wearing a black suit. He seemed to be European. He was trying to convince the officer that it would be for the best if they set me free as I was of no use to North Korea and other countries would be happy to start a war. They were talking in Korean and I had no trouble understanding until I realized I didn't speak Korean. I heard the negotiator say number 32, his words turned into gibberish right after that and he ended his speech with number 0. Then the dream ended.

Well, I guess I can add two more dreams while I'm at it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 21, 2014, 04:08:26 pm »

Well...that's creepy...

Anyone else think Koreans have been planting sleeper units with codewords "32" and "0?"  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 21, 2014, 08:36:57 pm »

Had a nightmare that centered around the idea that my high school was the target of a psychopathic serial killer sniper (possibly multiple snipers working together) who put the school under lockdown and forced everyone into "Jigsaw from Saw"-esque games. If you didn't play, the sniper shot you and you'd die. If you played wrong, the sniper shot you, and you'd die. Probably if you played right, you'd get shot too, and probably die. If you tried anything outside when there wasn't some kind of "game" being done, you'd get shot and killed the instant you were spotted. This usually meant if you so much as went outside you'd be gunned down in seconds.

They communicated their orders through a variety of unexpected methods such as by hacking the school PA system, playing a pre-recorded video message through computer monitors, etc.

the most memorable "game" was when the shooters first made themselves known with their first game. The objective was to stay out of the gunner's sight and reach the end of an obstacle course. The obstacle course was a long, straight tunnel out of the school stadium. The tunnel had no cover, nothing to break the line of sight of the gunners, and was filled with every student and teacher in the school, who had all gathered there for an otherwise innocent football game or concert or something when no one knew about the shooters. The tunnel was packed full of too many people trying to get out of a chokepoint all at once.

So, it was basically the running of the bulls, except with lots more traffic and waaaay more shooting. It was a trick game in that the snipers had full view of the tunnel and could shoot anyone and everyone without breaking the rules, because there was no way to get out of their line of sight. Like shooting fish that you tricked into a barrel.

It was pretty terrifying. There were some other scenes and games but that's the most of what I can remember.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »

I had a dream that I was a very powerful wizard. I spent some time early on in the dream talking with some people near a building in the town I live in, I decided that I was bored of earth and made two propellers with engines out of paper, the people tried to convince me to stay but I refused to listen.

After getting around some annoying power lines I flew into space going to some place called the ice nebula. I was viewing a screen telling what happened here in the last thousand years or so (I was there a long time) at one point organs started appearing, then human corpses, now I was on a spaceship with some people and we listened to music, we eventually landed on a planet (earth?) and were at the same building but everything else was gone.

The spaceship was now a bus and we were looking for a good place to get out, I saw some fairly large wolves and told the people not to get out cause there be wolves, we drove around the building a few times trying to kill the wolves I had dealt with quite a few but a velociraptor jumped into the bus (which was now a van) and tried to attack everyone, I used my power to slow time and grabbed the velociraptor (that was now a wolf) and pushed it out of the van (which was a bus again.)

When I set time to be normal again we looked out and everyone started screaming because we were with 2 other vans going in a big circle, I yelled "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" and now I saw a bunch of messages telling what happened (like in dwarf fortress) apparently I melted everyone and went far away never to be seen again.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:16 pm »

I had a nightmare where my mother got me involved with a cult. The cult wouldn't let anyone leave the neighborhood they had set up in (which was centered around my grandmother's house). I was terrified and wanted to get my mother out, but she was completely going along with them and I knew they would use her against me if I became a problem.
I tried to escape once, but some of the cultists managed to turn me back. I went back to pack up my stuff and grabbed a replica sword off the wall in case I needed to fight my way out. I knew now that I had shown them I would be disruptive they would be coming for me. I made it to the front door before the cultists surrounded me. The cult leader came up to talk to me and I was contemplating killing him with the sword, then I woke up.

I usually don't put much stock in my dreams, but this one seems to have been telling me something. I know that being helpless in a situation like that is one of my worst fears.
Then again, before the cult stuff the dream was focused on me playing with a bunch of hamsters, so who knows.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1461 on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:52 pm »

During a nap, I had a bit of a micro-dream. Apparently, I was very demonic in nature, and just getting my ass handed to me by some mysterious forces beyond my comprehension; and in quite a movie-like fashion, I get slammed into the ground really hard by some demented monstrosity made of nothing; kinda hard to describe what nothing looks like, but the creature was pretty intimidating looking, even by my standards, and I'm jaded to these kinds of things normally. I suppose Gigyas comes to mind as something to compare to.

As I wake up, I see a shimmering angel, which looks familiar while at it, and picks me up as I'm broken down and defeated to the point of tears. I mean, feeling utterly powerless. Being lifted back into battle, I get an interesting message that gets me back into the fight (better mood and such) side-to-side with the angel, kicking ass while at it, while still a demon/devil. She basically said to me "A devil is none more than a fallen angel. Get back up.".

EDIT:
Think about it, I wanted to illustrate something like this. Angel and demon, fighting side by side as equals, complementing each others' abilities. Of course, the angel taking pity on the demon being the prequel image to it. Sorta came during a darker time. Was a cool enough image alone to lift me up a bit.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:43:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 23, 2014, 01:15:34 am »

I've only really had one dream involving divinity AFAIK. It involved the Void Ghost (Lorkhan, Elder Scrolls thing) talking to me. Now, my dreams are often pretty damn abstract. It wasn't saying anything. All I know is that it felt like it was choking me, but I knew I was in no danger. That's a cool idea for the feeling of talking to divinity. I'm keeping it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 23, 2014, 01:30:17 pm »

During a nap, I had a bit of a micro-dream. Apparently, I was very demonic in nature, and just getting my ass handed to me by some mysterious forces beyond my comprehension; and in quite a movie-like fashion, I get slammed into the ground really hard by some demented monstrosity made of nothing; kinda hard to describe what nothing looks like, but the creature was pretty intimidating looking, even by my standards, and I'm jaded to these kinds of things normally. I suppose Gigyas comes to mind as something to compare to.

As I wake up, I see a shimmering angel, which looks familiar while at it, and picks me up as I'm broken down and defeated to the point of tears. I mean, feeling utterly powerless. Being lifted back into battle, I get an interesting message that gets me back into the fight (better mood and such) side-to-side with the angel, kicking ass while at it, while still a demon/devil. She basically said to me "A devil is none more than a fallen angel. Get back up.".

EDIT:
Think about it, I wanted to illustrate something like this. Angel and demon, fighting side by side as equals, complementing each others' abilities. Of course, the angel taking pity on the demon being the prequel image to it. Sorta came during a darker time. Was a cool enough image alone to lift me up a bit.
That sounds like a cool book idea.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:31 am »

Last night I dreamed I was talking to someone on #bay12lb nicknamed Old_Scratch.
I don't remember anything else but the demonic reference and Bay12 make this seem noteworthy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 25, 2014, 10:07:21 am »

I had a dream that I was in a very dark and foggy sewer with elves and an octopus, we were looking for scp 173 so we could kill it, we were walking for quite some time before we found a room with elves in some tavern, a dwarf came in armed with a sword and a crossbow talking about mercenaries and he tried to kill the elves, I picked him up and took him outside I thought he'd be helpful in our little quest, sadly he had no interest and he ceased to exist.

We came to a door that was boarded up, we decided this is were scp 173 probably was so we broke off the boards and went inside. We went in and now we were in a bright gymnasium with tables full of food, some people were coming in to eat so the elves decided to go outside and eat dandelions. I woke up before they got to eating.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 25, 2014, 03:12:03 pm »

So recently I had a...weird dream.
Basically, I was playing with my friends in my house and I was apparently meant to be a spaceship (guess we were supposed to be a bit younger in that dream...) and I was being chased by another ship (read: one of my friends). It was dark, and I run into my anteroom, but in order for my chaser to lose track of me, I had to "disable my heat and oxygen systems" (not sure how that would work, but ok), so I did that and I've noticed that my heat and oxygen levels were, well, dropping down fairly fast, but the enemy ship lost track of me and was planning to give up, but then he decided to prepare a "cloaking scan" (which IIRC was just him being a cheating bastard and using  flashlight to search for me, but apparently there was some "scientific" explanation for that (even if the ship was invisible it would leave a shadow that can be tracked down...or something), but I quickly managed to slip past him into my room (ie. into another sector).

After that I was apparently some sort of ancient robot or a spaceship that was brought back to "life" by inhabitants of a planet I was on, but I really can't pick up any more details than that.

Still, that was a pretty wacky and slightly nostalgic dream. Made me think of that WIP game Heat Signature (from the maker of Gunpoint) and FTL to some degree.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 25, 2014, 03:44:31 pm »

The latest meaningful dream that I can somewhat remember featured an noir adventure game set in a very stylish and colourful cyberpunk city.
The other one I had had a few day before was about a global catastrophe that destroyed the entire Western hemisphere, Africa and Europe. The former USSR survived it relatively unscathed. Europeans and Americans were forced to settle in overcrowded Southeast Asia and were eyeing to invade the resource-rich and spacious Russian lands. I can't remember anything else about it.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 26, 2014, 08:15:15 am »

I had three dreams today.

The second dream took place in my home. I had a bucket of small fish and I was trying to teach three seals some tricks. They attacked me after a while and I woke up again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 26, 2014, 01:51:36 pm »

I've actually been having a lot of wacky dreams lately.

Spoiler: One! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Two! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Three! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Four! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KABOOM! (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 339