Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568078 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1020 on: July 22, 2013, 01:21:42 am »

I had a dream where I had a weird dream and posted about it in the dream thread. Yep.

I don't remember the dream in a dream, though I do recall it made absolutely no sense.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 22, 2013, 01:30:09 am »

I had a dream that took place in the World of Darkness setting or some setting like it where I was forced to choose between saving my friends and loved ones during an invisible zombie apocalypse while still remaining a forever alone virgin or killing them myself in order to save three hypersexual identical triplet vampire cheerleaders from Clan Ventrue during the same invisible zombie apocalypse while becoming a monster in the process. I was horrified that I was choosing the cheerleaders over my friends and loved ones, especially since the damn vampires were from Clan Ventrue - the clan I hate even more than the Tzmisce, the Setites and the Lasombra - but was relieved to know that it was not of my own volition as they were using mind control to make me choose them, those Camarilla fucks. Near the end of the dream I broke free from their control and had killed one of the triplets, but then I woke up and couldn't see the rest of the action. The fun thing about this dream is it looked kind of like I was playing a game that was made in the same engine as Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and in fact almost looked like the same game - except that it took place in a shopping mall and there were invisible zombies everywhere.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 22, 2013, 02:13:00 am »

The last few days my dreams have been unusually vivid, more often than not I do not remember anything of them but these, I do remember.

Two nights ago I dreamt about a girl I was deeply in love with (several years ago, I have not seen her in something like 5 years and I was too gutless to ever tell her back then), we were some kind of mages apprentices and part of our final trials in the academy was to find and survive a trek through four different dungeons. We worked together and kicked ass, it was a fun dream :p I guess the whole mage thing comes from me cramming Marla Mason books and playing academagia lately :p

Then one night ago I dreamt that I was moving somewhere and was boxing up all my stuff, when suddenly an old girl friend (as in friend who is a girl, no romantic connotations either way here.) and another friend (I can't quite remember who it was but he/she was familiar in the dream) showed up at my place.
At first I was angry because they brought boxes of stuff to me, shit I already had enough work dealing with my own furniture and books and stuff, but then I saw they had went clothes and shoe shopping for me :p loads of pretty heels and dresses and skirts.

And finally tonight I dreamt of the girl from two nights ago again, this time we were living together for some reason, only we were both happily married to different people and we all lived in the same house. It was awkward.

I also remember a short dream where I was skiing down a hill, only it was summer and I had nothing on my feet, didn't seem to stop me though, I almost fell one time but I realised I could turn back time prince of persia style and just correct my landing. It was another silly dream :p

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 22, 2013, 04:11:01 am »

Huh, since I've posted in this thread I've actually remembered my dreams a couple times, so I think I'll continue, and assume you care about weirdness in my dreams.

Last night I had a dream that began with my parents getting a divorce, which was...weird. I woke up and it took me a couple of minutes to sort out the reality from the dream. Anyone had that kind of thing happen before? Dreams that you feel are real when you wake up?

It got way weird after I fell back asleep after waking up in the morning, though. (Doing this is usually the only time I have dreams I can remember.) There was a house, which me and a couple other identity-less people were sitting in the basement of. All the sudden, a creepy lady sitting in front of us turns around and looks at us, and says something along the lines of, "Yes, it's a shame the house is filled with demons..." before disappearing, at which point the basement set on fire. We all ran up a super long staircase, fleeing from the fire, and split up at the top, all going separate directions. After a couple encounters with people that I don't really remember, I ran into Mami Tomoe, the girl in my avatar, and hugged her and told her everything was going to be all right. Dreams are weird, man.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:57 am »

Anyone had that kind of thing happen before? Dreams that you feel are real when you wake up?
I had a dream once, maybe repeated but doesn't really matter, but I was absolutely certain for around 4 years that the events in the dream really took place.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Khloe80

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 22, 2013, 05:06:04 am »

I want someone to post up what dreams actually mean. like what is the meaning behind various dreams. my mum has a book on it but i would like people to submit what they think each dream means, like old wives tales... :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 22, 2013, 07:11:45 am »

I want someone to post up what dreams actually mean. like what is the meaning behind various dreams. my mum has a book on it but i would like people to submit what they think each dream means, like old wives tales... :P
But meanings where everything ever represents a specific thing is a load of bullshit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 22, 2013, 07:17:57 am »

If dreams mean anything at all, the meaning only applies to the dreamer and no one else.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 22, 2013, 07:27:52 am »

-snip-
No, but unless I've had enough sleep I will wake up VERY confused and disoriented.  And will sometimes try to fire off the plasma torpedoes at whoever woke me, wondering for a full minute why the large red fire button in front of me isn't working.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 22, 2013, 09:31:36 am »

I had a dream where I had a weird dream and posted about it in the dream thread. Yep.

I don't remember the dream in a dream, though I do recall it made absolutely no sense.

Dreamception!

You must teach me the ways!  :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »

But meanings where everything ever represents a specific thing is a load of bullshit.

I'm fairly certain that the sight of someone reading such a book conveys more usable information than the text of the book itself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 22, 2013, 06:21:27 pm »

I had a very sad dream that was just one step away from being a nightmare.

The dream was very long with stuff that makes me sad when i think about it from rl perspective.

The last part was somewhat like nightmare where i was on the 13th floor of a building and I had to use elevator to pick up 1 person on each floor and bring them all to the 1st floor where was a kitchen.
For some reason i assumed i can only pick few people and I left one girl on like 11th floor.
When i got to the 1st floor everyone went to the kitchen and I thought "that gurl must be starving" and then i got it that there are no rules and I should have picked up her while i was on the way.

Overly realistic dreams with deep thoughts like that one are somewhat disturbing and sad for me. I don't know why.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 22, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »

Generally speaking, my dreams fall into one of these two broad categories:

1.  I'm in a high school or college class, and I'm given some major test or assignment that I don't know anything about and I'm doomed to fail.

2. My death. 

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1033 on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:17 pm »

I almost always have really trippy dreams. I know someone who recently told me they had insomnia from a combination of stress, the current heatwave, and a repeating dream of someone stabbing them to death. The first two sound like my normal experience of life atm, and the dream sounds like a normal dream to me. I have ones like that all the time. Heck, I used to have a repeating dream where the person doing the stabbing was doing so during a spooning (the cuddling technique) session.

Because ya know, my subconscious loves to hit me in the trust issues like that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:41:56 pm by MorleyDev »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 22, 2013, 06:47:24 pm »

The first part of my sad overly realistic dream involved my relatives in England and made me think how much i really miss them.

The dream started out with my cousin (he's not really my cousin , he is my step sisters son but i don't know how to say that in English) riding a bike from England to my country (i believe it was like this because i was used to drive my bike from one city to another when i was younger) and then i realized how close we actually live and that i can drive at their place at any time. Then i drove with my bike to their house(the path really reminded me the one i used to drive in rl) and I was attacked by dogs and it was generally terrifying because i have fear from dogs.
Then the dream went to the second part with me and the elevator.

This part of the dream made me very sad and now i really want to save up money and get to England at some point.
Before this dream i never felt that i would want to meet my relatives , but now after a very long time has gone i just feel like i should.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 339