Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85047 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2012, 09:59:06 am »

Did everyone miss i applied for being replacement?

"Oh dear."

"What now?"

"Your voice, sir Knight."

"What's with it?"

"Err...what is in this drink anyway?"

"Your blood."

"Tastes pretty salty, I'm still parched."

"...How much longer until we get there?"

The leader holds up his fist without a word, the index finger and thumb extended to form an 'L'.

"Oooooh, perfect! Right around the corner!"

The sound of a palm hitting metal echoed throughout the passage.

Pranz has replaced wsoxfan
penngo009 has replaced vodot

"He's the only one wearing a helmet, too. And you said helmets were only for fashion. Hah!"

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • Pranz (1) - Kamin
  • Kamin (2) - Jim Groovester, Nerjin
  • penngo009 (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Pranz, penngo009

The hour of the Rat.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

70 hours, 02 minutes and 45 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 1

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.

Orange names are up for replacement.
))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:35:28 pm by Tiruin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem - One Replacement Requested!
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »

So Mr./Mrs. Pranz... WHat are your thoughts? Who seems most likely scum to you?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2012, 03:14:22 pm »

Greetings. Short answer: You. In the few posts I've seen you are mostly grasping at straws (regarding your vodot vote) and some of your posts don't have much substance overall; mostly pointing out the situation obviously, I guess this is what you call filler posts? Quotes and stuff will come later when I have taken a good read out of all this.

Kamin plays very strange and not beneficial for town, but that doesn't mean he's scum neccesarily. Still, he's high on the list of suspects in this time when we are short in numbers.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »

Could you be a bit more specific? In Mafia [to my understanding] this sort of thing requires quotes of some sort. I don't know for sure... Ask Jim.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2012, 05:46:23 pm »

((Edited the votecount and playercount above. Too tired to make any comprehensive quips for the votecount. No change in votes, only the players.))

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »

Well hello everyone, it seems like I'm replacing! :)
First of all Extend until I say not. I'd like to hear everyone's reasoning for who to vote who. This just helps me in catching up, thanks. I do go through the thread, but you only remember so much of what you read in it anyways. :P
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 29, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Well hopefully Kamin will flip which'll give us another day. We could always get lucky. Right?

Things like this, always asking IC excessively, buddying. Also, you say you hope to "get lucky" on Kamin, like he's set in stone to lynch today; it's just bad luck if he isn't scum. I say you're careless with your votes, with no real reasoning behind them.

Nerjin, here's an idea: Who is more likely than you to be Kamin's scummate, and why?

I think it's most likely you. You've seen how badly he's set himself up by being a bad player and now your bussing him to make everyone else see you as an untainted saint for ridding them of the evil scum of Kamin. However I think you're scum-telling as opposed to Kamin's awful gameplay style.

unshorten

Actually, I think it is better to let this one play out.

Two minutes after you wanted to shorten? Did you even think that move over? Why were you so eager to shorten in the first place?  It seems like a foolish move to make during LYLO. You say in #337 that you are trying to win quickly. But the only person who can be sure that they win if Kamin is lynched is a scum. After all if we lynch kamin and he is scum than we still have one more to get. But if he isn't scum and you are then by shortening you win. I'm pretty sure that's what you're getting at Vodot

-snip-

Nerjin, give me your read on Kamin.

I'm thinking Kamin may be scum. He is giving tells but some of those could be considered just a bad player move. I'm still not 100% convinced that he is scum though. But he is my second pick.

*kamin bullshit*
He asked for a replacement. That's not lurking, that's a newb scum trying to deflect attention in the worst way possible. unvote So now I say Kamin / Vodot scum team.

This is where it gets real interesting. You first say vodot is scum because he wants to shorten and lynch Kamin, essentially saying "If kamins not scum you are". Since you weren't really sure Kamin were scum, you voted vodot. That's fine, but then you go on and votes Kamin for...what again? Because he gives a shitty reason to vote? You haven't said what your "tells" were on him. Continuing, you say VODOT is his partner, but in your previous post vodot was only a suspect because there was a possibility of Kamin being innocent.

You're scum Nerjin

1. What is your reasoning for FoSing vodot?

2. What is your tells on Kamin?

And a third one for Jim, you asked the same question regarding Kamin to Nerjin, why haven't you pressed him more? What do you think of Nerjin buddying you?
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 29, 2012, 12:02:31 pm »

^failed at quoting, the last text that appears to be quoted from Nerjin was posted by me and meant to be outside quoting frames. Including copy:

This is where it gets real interesting. You first say vodot is scum because he wants to shorten and lynch Kamin, essentially saying "If kamins not scum you are". Since you weren't really sure Kamin were scum, you voted vodot. That's fine, but then you go on and votes Kamin for...what again? Because he gives a shitty reason to vote? You haven't said what your "tells" were on him. Continuing, you say VODOT is his partner, but in your previous post vodot was only a suspect because there was a possibility of Kamin being innocent.

You're scum Nerjin

1. What is your reasoning for FoSing vodot?

2. What is your tells on Kamin?

And a third one for Jim, you asked the same question regarding Kamin to Nerjin, why haven't you pressed him more? What do you think of Nerjin buddying you?
DF Valentine

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 29, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »

Hey, Jim I would wish to see what you have to say here. First of all, I want to know why under the assumption you're town. Why weren't you killed before the other ICs? And who do you think is scum, and why?

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 29, 2012, 11:56:22 pm »

How about you read the fucking thread.

Let me direct you to posts where I've, amazingly, surprisingly, already answered those questions.

Why weren't you killed before the other ICs?

Answered here.

And who do you think is scum, and why?

Answered here, and additionally here.

So, basically, you were totally lazy, didn't bother to read the thread, and expected people to hand you cases.

Do your due diligence and read through the thread and come back with an actual case.

Buddying? Where?

You're right that he never actually answered my question about what he found about Kamin suspicious. I found his vague answer for why he suspected Kamin scummy enough that it made me think they were partners. (Scum, especially inexperienced scum, will declare token suspicions towards their partners so that in the event that their partners are lynched they won't look silly if they say otherwise.) The point of the question about his read on Kamin wasn't to get a list of the things he found suspicious about Kamin, the point was to show that he had no such list. I.E., he answered exactly the way I wanted him to based on my gut feeling at the time, and the purpose of the question was served regardless of followup, so I actually didn't really care all that much what he said afterwards.

Him changing his vote from vodot to Kamin doesn't significantly affect my opinion, and it provides no new topics I can grill him on. Questions like, "Why are you bussing your partner?" are predictably useless and I can't fault him for his reasons for voting Kamin that he stated since I do believe that Kamin is incredibly scummy for them.

I do think he's scum, but I want to see Kamin lynched more right now. His flip will either confirm or deny my suspicions about Nerjin, and in the case that my suspicions are denied the game will be over anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:05 am »

"Alright, refreshments aside, does anyone want to hear a story to pass the time?"

The Knights were intrigued. This was the first time their leader attempted to give a reprieve to their deliberations. At the sound of silence, the leader nodded and stopped the party by an alcove, setting his torch on the wall rest while gesturing like a minstrel.

"Let me begin."

'It all began four score ago, when the final elimination of the Templars were had. The citizenry upheld  the belief that the catastrophes of the time were not due to their hand (magic and sorcery and whatnot) but their leaders -- the Nobility -- spurned them on in the persecutions and destruction of their fortresses and bastions. Apparently, their hold on power was threatened by the Templar presence.

'Now the Templars, or Temple Knights, as they were officially known as, had no qualm against the commonfolk and thus, couldn't mount a counter-attack or even a reasonable defense for their own sakes, resorting to wordplay, philosophies and the ideologies of the time then. It is to be known that a Templar knight is usually schooled in the art of linguistics, literature, lore and economics -- what we know today as banking. The former three were supposed to aid them in any path they travel, whether it be in local or foreign lands, as the Templars were a benevolent faction, dedicated to the well-being of the realm. Nevertheless, words against pitchforks and torches on open ground did not mix well.

'You may be asking yourselves, "Then why did they attack our most high Order if their cause was good?", yes? This is where I come in. I know how their tactics work, I know how their codes are spoken. And yet I bring you here, in the Mountain Fane, constructed at the waning year of the Golden Age -- the last years of the Templars, for the single reason in that they still exist.

'Cutting to the point, this sanctum was made for all sorts of people. Refugees, criminals, convicts and generally anyone who needed a safe place to rest. Yet you've heard the screams, yes? In every place of safety, there is also a rite of Judgement, varying from location to location.

'We have the usual amenities of a Castle, you name it. Dungeon, pallisade, gatehouse, Keep...all these are made for convenience, but what I'm about to show you all will change your worlds.

'The Inner Chambers, the foundations of the Fane and the roots of the end eighty years prior. This was built by the Templars, themselves, as their last refuge and a fall-back position. It is said that the stones that we tread on hold their vengeful spirits: both from unjust issuance of justice, or other causes unknown -- as a superstition, of course, but one to think about.

"Now come, rest has been made and the torch flickers. Make haste."

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • Pranz (1) - Kamin
  • Kamin (2) - Jim Groovester, Nerjin
  • penngo009 (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (1) - penngo009

Not voting: Pranz

The hour of the Owl.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

25 hours, 34 minutes and 27 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 1
Shorten requests: 1

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day
Current status: 1/1

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:30:33 am by Tiruin »

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2012, 12:28:33 pm »

Unvote, so Jim do you think(assuming that we lynch a mafia) that you would be killed during night? And if so what evidence would you leave behind to help the rest of the townees find the other mafia member?

Steam name- Pengoooo

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:22 pm »

Blah Blah Blah
Jim...

You're the IC. You should be motivating the town to play, regardless of alignment. Do YOUR job before you lecture someone about doing theirs, you condescending douchebag.

Because, last I checked, this game is about letting people learn how to play the game. Not being a whiny trite. So, instead of complaining about how you have to do so much, try doing your basic requirements first. Because I'll take over for you. I mean, aren't you trying to show exemplary town performance? Where is that?

Get back to work, you half-witted layabout.

And before anyone says I can't comment about anything because I'm dead or whatever stupid thing you're about to say, my goal is to make sure people learn. If they're not learning correctly, then I will make it my job to teach them. Got it? Good. Let's see less lurking and more playing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 30, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »

Unvote, so Jim do you think(assuming that we lynch a mafia) that you would be killed during night? And if so what evidence would you leave behind to help the rest of the townees find the other mafia member?

This question is almost entirely irrelevant since it's lylo. The task at hand is to lynch scum, else the town loses.

Why are you worrying about whether I'm going to get night killed and what I'm going to do? Further, why am I the only person you're talking to and why don't you have suspicions or a case yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:57 pm »

Well it's pretty obvious if you're town you're going to die tonight following the pattern of the ICs dying. So assuming that you're town, you would still wish us to win? Following your next answer I'm starting to doubt you're town in the first place, after all you don't seem to be motivated in my eyes, which I'm not very experience with beginners mafia but you don't seem to be caring a whole heck of a lot. My suspicion is you, and I'll go find evidence later. Right now I just don't have time.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28