Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85042 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

unvote
Gentlemen, I'm sorry, but some prior commitments I've made for other forums have been acting up as of late in addition to schoolwork really adding up. So a combination between the two just doesn't leave me with enough time to stay active on this. I had a lot of fun, but I just can't see myself staying as active as I should in Mafia. I hope to see you in possibly RTD games later.

request replacement

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »

[Kamin: Every time you drop a wall of text, god kills a puppy.]
((Nobody complained when I dropped a wall of text. Well, puppies didn't. :P))

request replacement
((Acknowledged. If you can still play, post in until I can find a willing replacee!))

You hear your footsteps echo along the dark and dank passage, the tone dropping deeper and deeper as you move through.

"How long until we reach the Chamber, Sire?"

"It was a long time ago."

"Err, alright. Does anyone have something to drink? I'm parched."

"Ahh, note. Keep on discussing behind me, I don't mind. Map will take care of it."

"Map is with u-"

"I'm on your head!"

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (2) - vodot, Jim Groovester,
  • vodot (1) -  Nerjin
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Kamin, wsoxfan

The hour of the Rat.

((Day 3 will end at September 27, 2012 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

34 hours, 39 minutes and 02 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.

Orange names are up for replacement.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:52:05 pm by Tiruin »

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »

Unvote.

Nerjin, that was just absolutely terrible.

Extend.

More later.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem - One Replacement Requested!
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2012, 06:45:28 pm »

@All: Web is dead. That's probably the single worst thing that could have happened for me over the night. He was the only person that was really giving me a chance: Sox was already convinced I'm scum, Jim has a hard-on for newb butthole, and Vodot and Nerjin would probably flip in the next round. Well let me just say that if I were scum, I can guaran-fuckin'-tee you I would not have killed Web. I already knew I didn't have a big pull on most of you, and I sure as hell wouldn't bank on being able to talk my way out of it if I was scum. In all honesty, I'd probably have gone for Jim or Sox if they were town simply because I was already up for the chopping block--it wouldn't have changed the way things ended for me personally, but at least I'd get a good spitekill in there. It simply doesn't make sense, and I'm hoping that this mistake on part of the Scumteam is one that some of you will pick up on. Make damn sure I'm the guy you want to lynch, because this is pretty much the worst case scenario for us as a town.

WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

And more pleading.

What the hell good do you think pleading is going to do for you? Scumhunting is the only way to look like town. Why are you wasting time making appeals to the remaining players in the game when you could be trying to get the person you think is scum lynched.

Which you are not doing, seeing as how you have yet to vote anybody. Who's your top suspect, and why aren't you voting them and grilling the fuck out of them? Maybe you seem to think you can make it through lylo if you make a convincing argument for how everything looks bad for you but you're totally not scum, really, guys, come on.

I answered every question directed to me throughout the game

Ha ha.

Ha.

You're funny.

Jim, why would noob scum kill webadict rather than you?

Fuck if I know.

Maybe they rate his ability to pierce through lylo higher than mine. Or maybe they flipped a coin. I can't say.

I'm thinking Kamin may be scum. He is giving tells but some of those could be considered just a bad player move. I'm still not 100% convinced that he is scum though. But he is my second pick.

Tells like what?

This is perfunctory suspicion because you were called out on it. Bare bones. Nothing there. No reasons.

Scummy of you.

Unvote.

Why?

Extend because more than two people need to cast their votes during lylo.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2012, 11:51:17 pm »

"Extension accepted!"

"Ugh, there Map goes on again. What is it talking about?"

"Perhaps, the distance from our relative position which is shifting from our destined location due to the layout of-"

"...What?"

"Err, nevermind. Let's just keep moving."

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (1) - Jim Groovester,
  • vodot (1) -  Nerjin
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Kamin, wsoxfan, vodot

The hour of the Rat.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

104 hours,13 minutes and 26 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2012, 05:43:27 am »

Who's your top suspect, and why aren't you voting them and grilling the fuck out of them?
My top suspect is Sox, did you happen to conveniently skip my last post? And hard to grill him now that he's not saying a word, eh?
Ha ha.

Ha.

Directing me to a post where you ask rhetorical questions and put on a show is not asking ME anything, nor does it prove me wrong. It's simple misdirection, and that's scumtastic.

Why are you wasting time making appeals to the remaining players in the game when you could be trying to get the person you think is scum lynched.
If you are asking a question, end it with a question mark please. It's only proper. In any case, it's a LYLO situation, Jim; I want to be sure about it, whereas you just want to tunnel somebody (me).

You've been tunneling me pretty fucking hard since #256, and have contrived as much as you could out of literally everything I've done. Your "case" against me is essentially that I'm kissing ass and not scum hunting, but that's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. You yourself have been sitting on ass going for me forever and a half, and I wouldn't say brazen tunneling counts as scum hunting either, Jim.

Sox is probably lurking around to throw in a random vote to tip the game into a scum win, and I don't feel that opting for a replacement when the heat gets turned up in any way absolves you from the game. We all know damn well he's not likely to get replaced, so why now? Moreover, I feel he was disingenuous about his justification for continuing to vote me after #280. His justification for it, in #283, was extremely weak, and it leads me to believe that he couldn't find anything else to go with and was just tunneling the bandwagon out of scummy laziness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2012, 07:52:57 am »

Sox is probably lurking around[...]
Err, about that. Nobody can use the guise of replacement requested to then vote in, unless it is redacted or someone else comes in. If the latter happens, the person would still have to mark their target in red to do so.

Regardless, that would just be foul play (or a tactic I've never seen before that completely astounds me by it's intricacy)

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2012, 10:05:18 am »

I can hop in. Played one other mafia game on this forum, some epicmafia too.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »

Who's your top suspect, and why aren't you voting them and grilling the fuck out of them?
My top suspect is Sox, did you happen to conveniently skip my last post? And hard to grill him now that he's not saying a word, eh?
Ha ha.

Ha.

Directing me to a post where you ask rhetorical questions and put on a show is not asking ME anything, nor does it prove me wrong. It's simple misdirection, and that's scumtastic.

Why are you wasting time making appeals to the remaining players in the game when you could be trying to get the person you think is scum lynched.
If you are asking a question, end it with a question mark please. It's only proper. In any case, it's a LYLO situation, Jim; I want to be sure about it, whereas you just want to tunnel somebody (me).

You've been tunneling me pretty fucking hard since #256, and have contrived as much as you could out of literally everything I've done. Your "case" against me is essentially that I'm kissing ass and not scum hunting, but that's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. You yourself have been sitting on ass going for me forever and a half, and I wouldn't say brazen tunneling counts as scum hunting either, Jim.

Sox is probably lurking around to throw in a random vote to tip the game into a scum win, and I don't feel that opting for a replacement when the heat gets turned up in any way absolves you from the game. We all know damn well he's not likely to get replaced, so why now? Moreover, I feel he was disingenuous about his justification for continuing to vote me after #280. His justification for it, in #283, was extremely weak, and it leads me to believe that he couldn't find anything else to go with and was just tunneling the bandwagon out of scummy laziness.
This will be my last post in this game. I just F*CKING ASKED FOR REPLACEMENT. If that's not justification for lurking, then nothing is.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2012, 04:15:51 pm »

He asked for a replacement. That's not lurking, that's a newb scum trying to deflect attention in the worst way possible. unvote So now I say Kamin / Vodot scum team.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

One of the Knights whistle, his tone echoing down the stonework passage.

"Hear that? It goes on and on and on!"

"Just like what we're doing right now?"

"What are you implying?"

"Walking."

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (1) - Kamin
  • Kamin (2) - Jim Groovester, Nerjin
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: wsoxfan, vodot

The hour of the Rat.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

87 hours,41 minutes and 28 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:25:07 pm by Tiruin »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

He asked for a replacement. That's not lurking, that's a newb scum trying to deflect attention in the worst way possible. unvote So now I say Kamin / Vodot scum team.
So you think he's trying to deflect attention, too? Then you voted the wrong person.

The reason I came to my conclusion is because Vodot wanted a replacement too, but he still ended up doing things like voting, and only later said he'd stick it out. Not really completely unreasonable to assume Sox could do the same thing.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2012, 05:23:52 pm »

So you think he's trying to deflect attention, too? Then you voted the wrong person.

The reason I came to my conclusion is because Vodot wanted a replacement too, but he still ended up doing things like voting, and only later said he'd stick it out. Not really completely unreasonable to assume Sox could do the same thing.

I mistyped there. What I mean to say is "That isn't lurking. That's a pretty scummy way to try to deflect attention from yourself."

Vodot isn't Sox. Their circumstances, I'd be willing to bet, are entirely different so the same outcome wouldn't happen.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »

Vodot isn't Sox. Their circumstances, I'd be willing to bet, are entirely different so the same outcome wouldn't happen.

And how could you know this to be true without being privy to some sort of special information, pray tell?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »

That's your defense? How could I know if their circumstances were different? Well I don't know, but I feel that it's pretty likely that their circumstances are different.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28