Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85048 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2012, 06:45:20 pm »

*moron*
You got yourself lynched, moron. Now, edit all that out and put in a proper message, you penguin slut.

Also, congratulations scum. Kill the active people. I just love that strategy because it goes so well with the spirit of the game.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »

Well... this bodes badly. So anyone have any ideas right now? I'll be posting later/tomorrow with mine.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2012, 07:01:10 pm »

Yeah, sucks that your lack of ability made it freaking impossible for me to separate your potential scummitude from your abjectly horrendous play! Way to give up and almost throw the game you crop-dusting ASS!!!  You can't even bah post without playing the idiot!!

I am freaking sick of reading this garbage!  How do you ICs even PLAY?

Props for the colossal ass-kiss, Kamin. Answer all four of my points.

Shorten.

PPE:
Nerjin, here's an idea: Who is more likely than you to be Kamin's scummate, and why?

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »

unshorten

Actually, I think it is better to let this one play out.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »

You seem awfully quick to try to kill people off today Vodot. Trying to win quickly?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:50 pm »

It's lylo, which means the town must lynch scum or they lose. It's time to go back through the game and look at the remaining players. Have an eye for detail and if you come across anything odd or suspicious, ask about it. Once you've gone through all the evidence, make your case and cast your vote.

Kamin for asskissing and then lurking and every other point I brought up yesterday.

Nerjin, give me your read on Kamin.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »

Kamin, the fact that King was lynched doesn't change anthing. I still believe that you're scum for the reasons I stated before.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2012, 11:51:05 pm »

You seem awfully quick to try to kill people off today Vodot. Trying to win quickly?

Yes, I am. Answer your two outstanding questions.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:14 am »

@All: Web is dead. That's probably the single worst thing that could have happened for me over the night. He was the only person that was really giving me a chance: Sox was already convinced I'm scum, Jim has a hard-on for newb butthole, and Vodot and Nerjin would probably flip in the next round. Well let me just say that if I were scum, I can guaran-fuckin'-tee you I would not have killed Web. I already knew I didn't have a big pull on most of you, and I sure as hell wouldn't bank on being able to talk my way out of it if I was scum. In all honesty, I'd probably have gone for Jim or Sox if they were town simply because I was already up for the chopping block--it wouldn't have changed the way things ended for me personally, but at least I'd get a good spitekill in there. It simply doesn't make sense, and I'm hoping that this mistake on part of the Scumteam is one that some of you will pick up on. Make damn sure I'm the guy you want to lynch, because this is pretty much the worst case scenario for us as a town.

@Sox: I answered your questions pretty well, which I think Web also said. I don't know what I can say to you to sway you one way or the other, but just like always, I'm always willing to answer questions. I'm not sure whether what you're doing is just trying to appear convicted, or try to lynch town so you can win. It's a hard call for me to make, especially knowing that you have played Mafia before.

@Vodot:
1. In post 65, Kamin voluntarily answers my opened-ended question from the scum perspective, saying"if I was mafia, I would do" such and such, and "if I wasn't mafia, ..."  I think this is a blatant slip, and I am surprised I missed it in previous reads.  My question was directly referencing the current game and in no way biased him towards a scum or town answer; but he answered it first from a scum perspective.  I see no reason for him to do this unless he had been spending considerable time considering the current game from he scum perspective.  A town player would answer as town to such an open-ended question.

I don't honestly see how me answering first from a scum perspective could at all be used as evidence as a scum slip-up. I believe you were playing the hardass at the time, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with trying to be thorough in order to answer your question satisfactorily. This is probably the most tenuous of the links you're trying to make in your case against me.

2. Later in the same post and often throughout the thread, Kamin becomes agitated and obsessed over proving that what he is doing is not scummy, rather than directly confronting logic he disagrees with or simply admitting when he is wrong.  This strikes me as convoluted play for town.  Instead of trying to "de-scummify" your image, why would you not instead spend more time asserting your townie-ness and telling town by using evidence and refuting bad reason?  But Kamin doesn't tell town, get frustrated, or attack logic; he just denies responsibility and compares himself to other scummy players, saying "look!  I'm not half as scummy as they are!" Posts where he does this: 65, 73, 168,

I don't really know how this is something you wanted me to "respond to." You yourself say it's "convoluted play for town;" does that mean town couldn't do it? Especially in a beginner's mafia? Moreover, it seems to kind of contradict your first point in that I seemed super scummy for the order in which I answer a question, but then I'm playing "too convoluted for town." So how, pray tell, am I supposed to play? You're not leaving much room here.

3. In post 129, Kamin begins what is going to be a thread-long attack against me for two of my behaviors:
- Being a hardass and strongly pressuring every other player
- My special suspicion and distrust of the ICs

He never offers a lot of substance to show how either of these two charges are scummy, and eventually he is just going to repeat them no mater how often I explain these behaviors to him and to others that found these behaviors uncomfortable. Even when I directly demand that  he deliver evidence, he trots out a repeated line about how there is no evidence in Mafia, and how things are based on feelings, which is just wrong; and it should be especially easy for him to find something in my case given my large amount of exposure here.

I think "special suspicion" of the ICs is pretty scummy. I can understand it to some extent, but you seemed to really like running with it. "Special suspicion"... That term right there is pretty scummy, no? This "special suspicion" implies that you are worried about them for some reason, which can in turn be used to imply that you know that they are town or not. And, funny enough, the first NK was Shakerag. I think that's kind of suspicious in and of itself. "Being a hardass and strongly suspecting other players" also seems a bit scummy in that you're attacking absolutely everybody so as to seem "more town" (impartial?). It seems like a classic case of misdirection, and that seems scummy to me.

4. Finally, Kamin has displayed a lack of willingness to actually engage the town with real information and play.  In post 131, I pressure him to explain why he second-voted mark.  All i wanted was for him to admit that he indeed cast a second vote on Mark; Kamin never answers.  In post 151, Kamin says he 'likes my answers'; but He says it still just really seems like I do want to lynch the ICs, telling me it seems I'm on a "witch hunt" (....yes?) and that I "look guiltier" than Mark.  I demand evidence.  No Evidence. In 172, Kamin nonchalantly asks about an extension when he knows the town is facing no-lynch; and in post 190, Kamin spends more time writing flavor text than he does actually going after me with real evidence or responding to my self-defense, lamely misdirecting the town to an "evidence" thread completely devoid of any.

I answered every question directed to me throughout the game, and asked questions of my own. As seen in your first point, apparently answering questions in as complete a manner as possible, as well as the order of the perspective used, is "scummy" in your book. I don't agree and feel that this point is also pretty contradictory. It seems like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't in your condensed points, and it currently just seems predatory. Oh, and I did say why I voted Mark; I said he was saying some of the scummiest things in the game. Asking me if I did or did not vote for Mark after somebody else is a stupid and leading question--all you need to do is refer to the posts. This was aggressive of you too, and looking back at it, was also scummy of you. As far as flavor was concerned, I like flavor. I was also doing what I could to read back on the game and try and figure out who's scum and who's not. Again, not that scummy. You can look at it as a post to even just remind people I was around, as that's pretty much what it was. If you take issue with that, it's your prerogative. I just hope that if you're town, you realize you're barking up the wrong tree.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2012, 01:48:49 am »

Kamin, which scum team is more likely: Jim/Sox, or Nerjin/Sox?

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2012, 01:56:02 am »

Jim, why would noob scum kill webadict rather than you?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

This is hard to answer because I need to actually go back through posts hXc and get discriminating. I have already said that Jim and Sox have seemed to have bloodboners for me, especially Sox--his evidence is lacking and I think, based on what I can recall of his posts, he is the most likely candidate as scum. However, I don't think Sox and Jim are on a team simply because they both want me lynched. That would be a pretty poorly-backed assumption to make. Here, however, are my current reads on Jim and Nerjin. I realize I'm laying all of my cards on the table in posting my following analysis, but it's something I think I need to get out there, even if just to vindicate me once I get lynched.

Jim: Jim kind of waited around and didn't post a lot in the beginning. I understand that everybody has shit to do in their lives, and I respect that. However, you can bet your ass that he read absolutely everything that people posted in the meantime. This seems like a total double standard (if not a little scummy), and it turned out that we kind of let him rest on his Mafia laurels without getting on him too hard. In the same breath, I think Jim is more calculating than that, but you never know, as he might just be taking advantage of newbs in the BM to teach them something.

I don't know if he's really convinced I'm scum, as his case on me doesn't seem like a very solid one. "Oh, you kiss ass, you're scum." Yeah, not really what I'd have expected from someone with so much experience. I think, rather, that his move was to pressure me into being more active, and then to frustrate me into telling scum or town. It's hard to say at this point where he's going to go with it, but that's my take on the situation. Because of this, I think he's probably town.

Nerjin: Nerjin hasn't posted a whole hell of a lot with substance, and he also played in the last BM. That being said, it's hard to get a read on him. If it's any indication, I've noticed that the more you say, the more people think you're scum--at least in my case. It makes sense though, because people who talk more are more likely to say stupid shit and get jumped on for it. Nerjin and Sox played the last game, so they say less because they know better. This isn't a very solid scum tell, but it's something.

Nerjin is probably about as active as Sox, and posts about as much of substance as Sox does. However, a lot of people who posted less or shit that just didn't have a lot of substance have turned out to be town (i.e., Wrex/Web and King), so I'm trying to keep that in the back of my mind.

I suppose that would leave you with a tentative "Sox/Nerjin." I would really love it if it turns out to be Sox and Jim, but Jim seems 60/40 town for me right now. Sox is probably 70/30 scum, and Nerjin a 60/40 scum. As for you, Vodot, you're with Jim at 60/40 town. You post a lot, which means there's a lot of ammo against you, but it's pretty much the same with me. You also seem genuinely concerned with getting things right, which is town, and you have done a fuckload of work (even if I think a lot of your points against me were tenuous). If you turn out scum, I fucking salute you.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:29 am »

Shorten.

This is all I'll really have time to bring up at this time but I will do more later on. We just started the day and you're already calling for a shorten? You take it back in your next post I just find it a bit suspicious that you want to shorten right away? Did you reread the thread keeping in mind that Web and King were no longer scum-suspects? Why did you want to shorten so quickly? Why did you take it back so soon afterwards?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »

[We all have saint-level amounts of patience.  Usually.  Also, let's keep it civil, hmm?]

Shorten.
[A terrible thing to open LYLO with.  You want to be absolutely certain you are lynching scum right now or you lose.  Even if you think you're certain, use this time to be extra certain.]

[Kamin: Every time you drop a wall of text, god kills a puppy.]

[Haven't we been over this one already?]

[All:  Keep up the activity, people.  Lack of activity at LYLO will absolutely cost you the game.  Just look at the previous BM for a shining of example of LYLO lurking.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »

So despite the fact that you are betting the game on the fact that Kamin is scum you ask the one who you are absolutely certain is scum who is the most likely scum-team? What's your logic here?

Just what are you getting at here? I don't see how asking him this does anything. How would he know for certain? If he did know for certain he'd be scum. Are you trying to set up a WIFOM perhaps? Just what is your motivation on this one?

Yeah, sucks that your lack of ability made it freaking impossible for me to separate your potential scummitude from your abjectly horrendous play! Way to give up and almost throw the game you crop-dusting ASS!!!  You can't even bah post without playing the idiot!!

Shorten.

PPE:
Nerjin, here's an idea: Who is more likely than you to be Kamin's scummate, and why?

I think it's most likely you. You've seen how badly he's set himself up by being a bad player and now your bussing him to make everyone else see you as an untainted saint for ridding them of the evil scum of Kamin. However I think you're scum-telling as opposed to Kamin's awful gameplay style.

unshorten

Actually, I think it is better to let this one play out.

Two minutes after you wanted to shorten? Did you even think that move over? Why were you so eager to shorten in the first place?  It seems like a foolish move to make during LYLO. You say in #337 that you are trying to win quickly. But the only person who can be sure that they win if Kamin is lynched is a scum. After all if we lynch kamin and he is scum than we still have one more to get. But if he isn't scum and you are then by shortening you win. I'm pretty sure that's what you're getting at Vodot

-snip-

Nerjin, give me your read on Kamin.

I'm thinking Kamin may be scum. He is giving tells but some of those could be considered just a bad player move. I'm still not 100% convinced that he is scum though. But he is my second pick.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28