Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85128 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 2, Deliberations Continue
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2012, 10:31:12 pm »

Does this make Web an IC?
Considering I've been playing Mafia here longer than most of you have been members of the forum, I'd say probably. If you believe anything that lunatic says.

wsoxfan: I didn't bother looking back at anything lurkers have said, because lurkers don't say anything. So, lynching them is unfortunately better for all of our time right now then waiting for something to happen. Plus, it let's me see how you all are acting now, because I don't really have the want to go back and read further than I have to.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »

Extend.

Kamin, hurry up and answer me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:29 pm »

Before anyone says anything-yes, Jim beat me to this arguement. However, that doesn't make it any less valid. Kamin, it's perfectly fine to not have enough time to post on this. However, if you're going to post on other threads after a long period of absence, the very least you can do is to let us know that information is coming. If you could find time to post on other threads, I'm sure you have time to give us a quick update.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2012, 12:10:17 am »

Kamin.
Your constant
A) Accusing people of 'Witchunting'
B) Pointless Arguments
And C) General tying to appear town in The worst ways possible
Has earned you a vote.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2012, 12:33:36 am »

"Extension accepted"

"So is that how we prolong this thing?"

"Nah, this is how we say: 'Hey Marshal, I don't like your sword' in a vague way."

"Shut it, he's right over there."

"My point exactly."

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (3) - wsoxfan, Jim Groovester, kingfisher1112
  • kingfisher1112 (0) -
  • webadict (1) - Nerjin
  • vodot (1) -  Kamin
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting:  vodot, webadict

Between the hour of the Boar and the Lynx.

((Day 2 will end at September 19, 2012 [Wednesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

55 hours, 29 minutes and 55 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you use it on the first try, it seems))

"The sun really hurts my ink..."

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2012, 01:00:30 am »

Kamin.
Your constant
B) Pointless Arguments
Has earned you a vote.
Cool, I think somebody finally tripped up. Unvote

You never answered my question in post #190. Also, you completely ignored me when I prodded you to answer my question, when I tried to grab your attention in post #203. King... Nor did you refrain from bandwagoning when it seemed convenient. Jim voted me to get me to talk and pay attention--that's my guess. But you? You're just hopping on the Lynch Mobile. I think that's the most compelling thing that's happened all game. Aside from your nice ABC list. Vodot is actually doing something. It may be overkill, but it's still really active and he is working hard to make his case. That is respectable. What you are doing, King, is not. It's what I'd expect from your ilk. Oh, and what was this little gem?
Wait. Wsoxfan, you are a Doctor?
Bahaha, seriously? Rolefishing, too? Even though I'll probably be lynched this round, I believe the rest of the town will remember this. You're done, King.

Let's see, time to answer questions.

@Jim: Did you actually ask me a question? I didn't see it before, and I don't see it now; all I've seen is you bashing me for my hyperbole. I didn't see any real questions in that. Please direct me to it and I will answer it.
@Sox: Did you ask me questions, too? I just saw that you voted for me after learning that Vodot had it out for me with his rather elaborate OMGUS. As I just asked Jim, please refer me to the question. I've been out for a while, so humor me. I actually did try to find the questions you guys want answered, but was unable to find them.
@Nerjin: Unless I missed it, you're pulling a King--you never answered my question. It's in the same post I referred him to above.

Not all is well on the Kamin life front, so I've been doing lighthearted fluffy bullshit on the forums and online (although I've been gone most of the weekend playing football; I'll admit I should have posted from my phone, but did not because I suck). As Mafia doesn't qualify as light and fluffy--as well as being super depressing and seemingly personal at times--I abstained from posting when I had the chance. Depression is a fickle mistress, my friends. You can choose to believe or not that some pretty serious shit has been happening with me. However, I think your wait hasn't gone unrewarded, what with ScumKing's new case and Mark getting replaced. Regardless of that, I give you all my apologies for holding up the game.

(Thank you for letting them know but without breaking confidentiality, Tiruin. I appreciate that a lot and am glad to know my trust hasn't been misplaced.)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2012, 01:15:42 am »

Finally, some action.
As you can see, I've incited the Kamin Hate MachineTM. An OMGUS, admitting you're gonna get lynched, and only providing some bloody content when a player who nobody pays attention to votes you. You are now even trying to suck up to Vodot, and accusing me of Rolefishing EVEN AFTER I POSTED SOMETHING LITERALLY 5 MINUTES AFTERWARDS saying that I was confused about Sox's statement. Congrats, you've just taken the bait.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2012, 01:25:23 am »

Extend. 

I will attempt to condense my case against Kamin into a few key points.

1. In post 65, Kamin voluntarily answers my opened-ended question from the scum perspective, saying"if I was mafia, I would do" such and such, and "if I wasn't mafia, ..."  I think this is a blatant slip, and I am surprised I missed it in previous reads.  My question was directly referencing the current game and in no way biased him towards a scum or town answer; but he answered it first from a scum perspective.  I see no reason for him to do this unless he had been spending considerable time considering the current game from he scum perspective.  A town player would answer as town to such an open-ended question.

2. Later in the same post and often throughout the thread, Kamin becomes agitated and obsessed over proving that what he is doing is not scummy, rather than directly confronting logic he disagrees with or simply admitting when he is wrong.  This strikes me as convoluted play for town.  Instead of trying to "de-scummify" your image, why would you not instead spend more time asserting your townie-ness and telling town by using evidence and refuting bad reason?  But Kamin doesn't tell town, get frustrated, or attack logic; he just denies responsibility and compares himself to other scummy players, saying "look!  I'm not half as scummy as they are!" Posts where he does this: 65, 73, 168, 

3. In post 129, Kamin begins what is going to be a thread-long attack against me for two of my behaviors:
- Being a hardass and strongly pressuring every other player
- My special suspicion and distrust of the ICs

He never offers a lot of substance to show how either of these two charges are scummy, and eventually he is just going to repeat them no mater how often I explain these behaviors to him and to others that found these behaviors uncomfortable. Even when I directly demand that  he deliver evidence, he trots out a repeated line about how there is no evidence in Mafia, and how things are based on feelings, which is just wrong; and it should be especially easy for him to find something in my case given my large amount of exposure here.

4. Finally, Kamin has displayed a lack of willingness to actually engage the town with real information and play.  In post 131, I pressure him to explain why he second-voted mark.  All i wanted was for him to admit that he indeed cast a second vote on Mark; Kamin never answers.  In post 151, Kamin says he 'likes my answers'; but He says it still just really seems like I do want to lynch the ICs, telling me it seems I'm on a "witch hunt" (....yes?) and that I "look guiltier" than Mark.  I demand evidence.  No Evidence. In 172, Kamin nonchalantly asks about an extension when he knows the town is facing no-lynch; and in post 190, Kamin spends more time writing flavor text than he does actually going after me with real evidence or responding to my self-defense, lamely misdirecting the town to an "evidence" thread completely devoid of any.

For these reasons and more, I say we lynch Kamin; I think his play has been one dimensional and non-town, his lack of engagement is non-town, and his method of self-defense is definitely non-town.

PPE: I see nothing in his latest thread that changes my current opinion, but I am more than open to hear you explanations of these four points, Kamin.

IC's, I would like to hear come cold-blooded analysis on this Kamin/King situation during our extension.  This isn't MYLO, so my though is that it is perfectly safe to mislynch here and then reanalyze after the flip.  Yes?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2012, 01:32:01 am »

Finally, some action.
As you can see, I've incited the Kamin Hate MachineTM. An OMGUS, admitting you're gonna get lynched, and only providing some bloody content when a player who nobody pays attention to votes you. You are now even trying to suck up to Vodot, and accusing me of Rolefishing EVEN AFTER I POSTED SOMETHING LITERALLY 5 MINUTES AFTERWARDS saying that I was confused about Sox's statement. Congrats, you've just taken the bait.
You're really very naive if you actually believe that what you said just now exonerated you in the slightest. You're clutching at straws, King, and I'm pretty sure everybody will see that. If I get lynched, I get lynched. Until that time, I will do my best to play how I think is right--and I am convinced you're scum. Is that everybody else's opinion? Maybe not yet. But I think they'll see it, even if it takes me getting lynched first to prove it.

Riding off of everybody else's work and accusations makes your shit look mighty weak. Oh, and I'm pretty sure posting "Whoops" five minutes after you post something incriminating isn't a very good defense, but maybe I'm wrong. And honestly? If I wanted to be spiteful, I'd just keep voting for Vodot; he's got a good case coming along. If me respecting the time he is putting into this game is sucking up, then fine, Have it Your Way BK! Maybe try putting together a better response next time--I think you responded too quickly to me this time to do so. (And your alacrity at posting a defense wasn't suspect at all!)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2012, 01:41:56 am »

@kamin-last post on page 15.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2012, 01:45:56 am »

You are the one clutching at straws. ' THEY'LL ALL SEE AFTER I GET LYNCHED' is not a Defence, and neither is ' YOU ARE GOING DOWN AFTER I GET LYNCHED'. Your feeble attempts at intimidation are not working. I'm all the more convinced you're desperate scum. Kamin, it's time for you to hang.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 17, 2012, 03:28:31 am »

Unvote for now.Extend need more time for my re-read.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2012, 03:41:08 am »

You never answered my question in post #190. Also, you completely ignored me when I prodded you to answer my question, when I tried to grab your attention in post #203. King... Nor did you refrain from bandwagoning when it seemed convenient. Jim voted me to get me to talk and pay attention--that's my guess. But you? You're just hopping on the Lynch Mobile. I think that's the most compelling thing that's happened all game. Aside from your nice ABC list. Vodot is actually doing something. It may be overkill, but it's still really active and he is working hard to make his case. That is respectable. What you are doing, King, is not. It's what I'd expect from your ilk. Oh, and what was this little gem?

That's quite a departure from your previous position concerning vodot. Which I will note was outlined in your post previous to this one.

Why the new attitude?

@Jim: Did you actually ask me a question? I didn't see it before, and I don't see it now; all I've seen is you bashing me for my hyperbole. I didn't see any real questions in that. Please direct me to it and I will answer it.

Yeah, I wanted you to provide evidence and justification for your weak-ass case on vodot.

Kamin.
Your constant
B) Pointless Arguments
Has earned you a vote.

Blatant bandwagon is blatant.

Congrats, you've just taken the bait.

What bait?

You bandwagoning is bait to provoke a reaction out of Kamin? Sure, you'll get one, but you won't look good coming out of it.

Excellent.

It's places like these where including links to the relevant posts would be useful.

IC's, I would like to hear come cold-blooded analysis on this Kamin/King situation during our extension.  This isn't MYLO, so my though is that it is perfectly safe to mislynch here and then reanalyze after the flip.  Yes?

That's what would happen if there was a mislynch.

But, you know, that's not something you really want to be striving for. Nailing scum before lylo makes life lots easier. And you don't really want to settle for a mislynch if you can help it, i.e., each lynch should be your best guess for who is scum.

1. In post 65, Kamin voluntarily answers my opened-ended question from the scum perspective, saying"if I was mafia, I would do" such and such, and "if I wasn't mafia, ..."  I think this is a blatant slip, and I am surprised I missed it in previous reads.  My question was directly referencing the current game and in no way biased him towards a scum or town answer; but he answered it first from a scum perspective.  I see no reason for him to do this unless he had been spending considerable time considering the current game from he scum perspective.  A town player would answer as town to such an open-ended question.

He answered as scum first? Seriously?

Let's say he answered from the town perspective first. What would you say then?

He gave both alignments fair consideration, so you're going to give him crap for the order he answered them with?

You're really very naive if you actually believe that what you said just now exonerated you in the slightest. You're clutching at straws, King, and I'm pretty sure everybody will see that. If I get lynched, I get lynched. Until that time, I will do my best to play how I think is right--and I am convinced you're scum. Is that everybody else's opinion? Maybe not yet. But I think they'll see it, even if it takes me getting lynched first to prove it.

Less hyperbolic speechifying, more casemaking.

You are the one clutching at straws. ' THEY'LL ALL SEE AFTER I GET LYNCHED' is not a Defence, and neither is ' YOU ARE GOING DOWN AFTER I GET LYNCHED'. Your feeble attempts at intimidation are not working. I'm all the more convinced you're desperate scum. Kamin, it's time for you to hang.

Less hyperbolic speechifying, more casemaking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2012, 08:06:52 am »

I like you. You're probably town. That makes this easier.

In fact, there's nothing scummy about the first part of this. However, saying "If I wasn't scum" actually IS scummy. Instead, I'd say "If I were town" or "If I were scum".

3. In post 129, Kamin begins what is going to be a thread-long attack against me for two of my behaviors:
- Being a hardass and strongly pressuring every other player
- My special suspicion and distrust of the ICs
Ironic, actually, considering this:
If I wasn't scum, I'd still be extremely worried about a scum IC.

As for the first point, not scummy. Second point is though.

What about it?

If you want my opinion, I see king as bandwagoning. His reasons suck, and he's just posting to post. I'd even go so far as to say bussing, if not for Nerjin and wsoxfan needing to post more. All in all, not good.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:24 am »

Bussing? And you also say I am bandwagoning. Yet you do not vote...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28